Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt "he is just awesome" Thread

Question: what percentage of males in Houston would be on board with JJ impregnating their women?

My guess, pretty damn high.:swatter:

Wow this is probably the biggest derailment of a thread that I have ever seen..i'll leave my thoughts in the NSZ.

Anyway.it will be a shame if the texans can't get talent around this guy.like someone said in the game day thread. He hides so many deficiencies with our front line. I just can't imagine what the front 7would look like without him. I mean would there be a pass rush without some exotic scheming on blitzes?

When bah said that, I didn't understand. Tom Brady for years hid the deficiencies with the Patriots receiving core. Peyton Manning hid the Colts' entire defense deficiencies. Sometimes you just have a great Hall of Fame player that can do those things for your team.

JJ Watt MVP at the quarter pole? I mean, is there a player who has had more impact on his team's success?

I don't think so.

Absolutely. He's directly won two games for us, and arguably a third if you count the tide/momentum with the TD against Oakland.

I was jumping up and down in my living room looking around for somebody to celebrate that ridiculously good play with...

I was Tom Brady being left hanging w/out a high five, lol.

Brady-GIF.gif

e43f0e3c239eadada927cd1d1cd09bbd.gif

I was jumping up and down in my living room looking around for somebody to celebrate that ridiculously good play with...

I was Tom Brady being left hanging w/out a high five, lol.

Brady-GIF.gif

e43f0e3c239eadada927cd1d1cd09bbd.gif

WOW and at the bottom it shows poor old texans at 2-13. great fing GIF, just when i had forgotten all about last season......

So Watt has to be the first guy ever to record a sack, fumble recovery, blocked field goal, pick 6, and TD reception in one season... Right?

Houston Texans — Performances of Note

J.J. Watt, DE: +13.5

Breakdown: As if there is anything you can say about Watt that hasn’t already been said. After two below-average weeks, by his standards, Watt regained his usual form and then some. Pending review of All-22 film in the coming days, Watt’s +13.5 overall grade currently sits as the highest PFF grade ever earned, eclipsing his previous record of +11.4 last season. There was little the Bills’ offensive line could do to stop him in the passing game as he tallied fifteen pressures. Watt’s nine hits (including one negated by his own roughing the passer penalty) were more than all but eight other 3-4 defensive ends had in the entire 2013 season.

GOAT

Houston Texans — Performances of Note

J.J. Watt, DE: +13.5

Breakdown: As if there is anything you can say about Watt that hasn’t already been said. After two below-average weeks, by his standards, Watt regained his usual form and then some. Pending review of All-22 film in the coming days, Watt’s +13.5 overall grade currently sits as the highest PFF grade ever earned, eclipsing his previous record of +11.4 last season. There was little the Bills’ offensive line could do to stop him in the passing game as he tallied fifteen pressures. Watt’s nine hits (including one negated by his own roughing the passer penalty) were more than all but eight other 3-4 defensive ends had in the entire 2013 season.

GOAT

My God! Depending on a lot of things - time, injuries, etc. We might be looking at the greatest defensive player ever. Ever! Could this even happen to a Houston franchise?

My God! Depending on a lot of things - time, injuries, etc. We might be looking at the greatest defensive player ever. Ever! Could this even happen to a Houston franchise?

Our luck sucks, something will happen, like he will decide he wants to be a pro ping pong player instead

It's always fun to get the reaction of new Houston Texans after their first games playing with J.J. Watt. They know how good he is, they have heard about his talent, but they still can't believe it.

Nose tackle Ryan Pickett had that experience on Sunday...

"I saw him hit the quarterback every time the quarterback dropped back," Pickett said. "How'd he get there so quick? his first step is like amazing fast. It's just unreal.

"... You got a lot of guys who's tall and athletic and stuff. He just has a factor that measurements just don't tally up. He's just a freak. He's a monster. He can do things that I wouldn't expect someone to be able to do. I see him backdoor playing and close on a running back, and it's like the fastest redirect. He closes on a 4.5 running back like nothing. He's real explosive."
"He's different," he said. "That's the different thing about him, he's kind of making his own category. He's kind of unique in the sense of his build, the position he plays. He plays three technique, he plays end, he can play anywhere. He's kind of unique. He kind of makes up his own category."
"He ha that factor where he could just make a play out of nothing. That's what J.J. is. When clutch time comes, he's always there to make a play. Some things you just can't coach, you just have it."

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-tex...e-best-defensive-lineman-hed-ever-played-with

JJ has to be in the lead for league MVP right now.

He has to. All of the other "usual suspects" aside from Manning
are not having the greatest of seasons so far..

Nine hits on E.J. Manuel, out of fifteen pressures on him total. No other team hit their opposing qb more than J.J. hit Manuel himself yesterday. It's striking when it seems there isn't hyperbole that's too far out to describe what this young man is doing in this game.

And he's all the while redefined the position in this type of defense from the traditional big sturdy anchor DE into a havoc-wreaking Tumbler Batmobile version.

F*ck it, he's a superhero.

Do we really know what HE looked like?

(I am not a fan of sacrilege either)

Well anyway. I believe that discussion is for the NSZ which if I recall correctly. There was a thread about it or. A derailment of a thread and it was discussed

Um fellows, if we get to serious they either close the thread or move it. And we already got two threads for this in NSZ.

Thanks. :)

We discover more good things about JJ every game. Like, he has good hands. Did you notice how that batted pass from point blank range yesterday just seemed to stick in his hand? Put him on the field when we're expecting an onside kick by an opponent!

While I would probably knock myself out with my own boner if Watt won MVP, we all know that if he didn't win it after his 2012 season he is probably not winning it this year over Rivers, Luck, or Murray if any one of those guys keep up their current paces. Much like how the rules protect QB's and offense, most of the awards go to those same guys.

He is definitely making a case for a second DPotY award which is pretty impressive in itself.

While i'm a fan of JJ, I'm not a fan of sacrilege.

the common representation of jesus as a white male is most likely wrong anyway

also, I think God has a sense of humor :)

btw, is there any good picture of JJ making the interception?

While I would probably knock myself out with my own boner if Watt won MVP, we all know that if he didn't win it after his 2012 season he is probably not winning it this year over Rivers, Luck, or Murray if any one of those guys keep up their current paces. Much like how the rules protect QB's and offense, most of the awards go to those same guys.

He is definitely making a case for a second DPotY award which is pretty impressive in itself.

you are right, those awards usually go to the offense.

but now JJ is also a TE :) so he is eligible

and if that's not enough we could always try him at QB or RB, could use some help at those positions...

the common representation of jesus as a white male is most likely wrong anyway

also, I think God has a sense of humor :)

btw, is there any good picture of JJ making the interception?

"the common representation of jesus as a white male is most likely wrong anyway"

Absolutely true. He was a first century jewish man in form and NOT striking.

Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”

"I think God has a sense of humor"

Absolutely true. But he is also a JEALOUS GOD.

http://www.gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html

OK. Now back to football and JJ Watt. He SHOULD be working on his second MVP this season.

"the common representation of jesus as a white male is most likely wrong anyway"

Absolutely true. He was a first century jewish man in form and NOT striking.

Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”

"I think God has a sense of humor"

Absolutely true. But he is also a JEALOUS GOD.

http://www.gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html

OK. Now back to football and JJ Watt. He SHOULD be working on his second MVP this season.

This

to have a chance at the MVP, watt's going to need to increase the pretty numbers - the main one being sacks. if he can get another touchdown on offense, especially by running one in from the fullback position to add him to another column on the stat sheet, it'd greatly help the cause as well.

i dont think watt can finish with 11 sacks and stand a chance at the MVP if another defender is at 17+. D-MVP would still be very possible, but slim odds for league MVP.

Has anyone ever won the MVP award from an 8-8 team?
Not sure but I doubt it. MVP is the player most responsible for a team being successful - the key word being "successful". I don't call 8-8 successful.

And for the sake of Watt's chances to win MVP, Lawrence Taylor won MVP in 1986, Alan Page, DT of the Vikings, won it in 1971. Hell even a kicker, Mark Moseley, won it in 1982; the first of two Washington players in a row to win it.

But defense and rushing was appreciated more back in the day. I doubt a defensive player ever wins it again in this pansy, pass-happy era.

...when I think of those two Roughing the QB calls on Watt last game I just want to take that ref and :inneganned:

Had to quote just to repeat this statement

Whoever made that is a freaking genius.

Found it on /r/Texans over on Reddit. The /r/Texans subreddit had a bet with /r/buffalobills that whoever won the game, that subreddit could vote on a graphic to put on the other team's sidebar. Guess what graphic is now over on /r/buffalobills. Heh heh.

Back