Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt "he is just awesome" Thread

I'm concerned with the fact that (like 2012 and 2013) nobody can get pressure on the QB besides Watt.

We got pressure against Washington from multiple guys. We might not have gotten a whole lot of pressure on Carr, but it's not like we didn't handle Oakland all day anyways, so there was certainly a trade off there. Oh yeah and there's a certain OLB due back in a few weeks, so there's that.

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/temp_1MP0738--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_zpsa0bf211c.jpg[/IMG]
orcaattack_zps48b5549f.jpg

I'm concerned with the fact that (like 2012 and 2013) nobody can get pressure on the QB besides Watt.

Clearly the gameplan against the Raiders was to dare Carr to beat them from the pocket. They didn't really blitz him that much, instead electing to have more DBs on the field making it tough for the rookie to read the field.

Eli's o-line is pretty damn crappy, so don't be surprised if you see more of what we saw Week 1 against the Giants.

you're right that we'll be much more aggressive schematically against eli. with what the raiders were doing to remove watt however, we still should've gotten a lot more pressure than we did. there were way too many 1v1's on most plays, somebody has to win these matchups. if not win, we cant lose as many of these 1v1's as we do. there were a handful of times that an offensive lineman was able to drive his defender into the double team that watt was already facing - creating a triple block. you just cant get dominated like that.

teams arent going to naked as often as washington does, so reed's not going to see that many unblocked plays the rest of the season. he and mercilus both need to start winning their matchups. the rest of the interior line's been pretty bad.

you're right that we'll be much more aggressive schematically against eli. with what the raiders were doing to remove watt however, we still should've gotten a lot more pressure than we did. there were way too many 1v1's on most plays, somebody has to win these matchups. if not win, we cant lose as many of these 1v1's as we do. there were a handful of times that an offensive lineman was able to drive his defender into the double team that watt was already facing - creating a triple block. you just cant get dominated like that.

teams arent going to naked as often as washington does, so reed's not going to see that many unblocked plays the rest of the season. he and mercilus both need to start winning their matchups. the rest of the interior line's been pretty bad.

True true. Hopefully when #90 gets back that won't be much of a problem any more. It is a scary thought that Reed and Mercilus cannot get to the QB even when Watt is consistently double and triple teamed...

That was due to the great play of our secondary.

While there were few sacks or tackles for loss stats, Carr was under pressure all day and usually ended up on his back. The secondary had help and they took advantage.

Just when you thought JJ Watt could not be more awesome, he goes and does this.

http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/Bul...t-Did-Something-Incredible-For-Him-10-206-658

Is there a damn good guy award?

Even if cynically to get out of their bad press, the NFL should be pumping this guy's story out.

Let the Canonization begin.

And he'll become an evil, whiny little beotch as soon as he stays a few days out or steps out of line in the slightest.

Is there a damn good guy award?

Even if cynically to get out of their bad press, the NFL should be pumping this guy's story out.

And he'll become an evil, whiny little beotch as soon as he stays a few days out or steps out of line in the slightest.
Maybe in the eyes of some fans. I'm not usually like that. At least I don't think I am...:fans:

(a) Is there a damn good guy award?

(b) Even if cynically to get out of their bad press, the NFL should be pumping this guy's story out.
(a) Yes, there's the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award. The most recent recipient was Charles Tillman, CB, Bears. Warren Moon, Johnny U., Singletary, Kurt Warner, and Tomlinson have been past winners. There's also the Byron (Whizzer) White MotY award. This award honors work in the community as the NFL player who best served his team, community and country in the spirit of Byron "Whizzer" White, who was a Supreme Court justice, professional American football player, and humanitarian. Anquan Boldin is the most recent (2013) winner.

(b) Interestingly, TMZ never posts videos of these guys doing community service or volunteer work. And when the NFL announces the recipients, and the back stories that made them winners, usually during the playoffs, that's when most viewers say "booorrring" and get up to go get another beer.
:smiliepalm:

Serious question, though:

If JJ Watt announced that he is a homosexual would that change your perception of him?

No.
would it change yours?

Yes. Because if JJ Watt suddenly announced he is gay, that means it would be a calculated move on his part, which, in turn, would close the book on the "gay player," talk in the NFL, neutralizing the parasitic nature of the media.

In short, I would probably respect JJ more (if that's even possible) if that were the case.

Anyway, it's really a non-conversation, just using JJ as an example because of the high respect he garners in the NFL. I guess I thought about the topic because of a show the wife and I were watching the other night.

It's not really a topic for discussion.

Edit: Sorry, guys. Talk about a thread killer.

Last edited:

If JJ Watt announced that he is a homosexual would that change your perception of him?

Absolutely. Right now the "talk" is about football. That's why I watch. If he "comes out" then it's about BullShtttt I don't care about.

If he wants to be known for his play on the field then he needs to shut up & play. If he wants to cure world hunger & fight for world peace, he can join the army or run for office. .. no doubt he'd be Houston ' s mayor if he wanted.

I don't care if the dude wears pink dresses in Montrose, he is a frigging incredible football player.

Absolutely. Right now the "talk" is about football. That's why I watch. If he "comes out" then it's about BullShtttt I don't care about.

If he wants to be known for his play on the field then he needs to shut up & play. If he wants to cure world hunger & fight for world peace, he can join the army or run for office. .. no doubt he'd be Houston ' s mayor if he wanted.

So you object to all the foundations and causes the Texans players support and for that matter their advertisement/endorsement deals right?

Not for me, it would just mean he is a fag who plays football. And i would realize all his hours at the gym weren't all just for "working out"

People are more than generalized terms. But congrats on grouping an entire sect of people with such an ignorant term.

Not for me, it would just mean he is a fag who plays football. And i would realize all his hours at the gym weren't all just for "working out"

Hmm, what were they for then? I guess "grabass" makes you the best player in the NFL? This makes you sound incredibly ignorant.

Wow this is probably the biggest derailment of a thread that I have ever seen..i'll leave my thoughts in the NSZ.

Anyway.it will be a shame if the texans can't get talent around this guy.like someone said in the game day thread. He hides so many deficiencies with our front line. I just can't imagine what the front 7would look like without him. I mean would there be a pass rush without some exotic scheming on blitzes?

Talk about selective reading. Y'all guys need to read back a little bit.

Anyway, like I said, it's a non-topic. I just chose JJ as an example because of his high profile and the respect he gets in and outside of the NFL. For what it's worth, the question could apply to any high profile NFL player: Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck, Clay Matthews, Richard Sherman, whomever.

Right, so let's just talk about how awesome JJ is as a football player and a human being. It's probably not even appropriate to discuss anybody's sexual orientation in a football forum, anyway.

And yes, big derailment. I didn't mean to. Sorry.

So you object to all the foundations and causes the Texans players support and for that matter their advertisement/endorsement deals right?

More or less. You never saw me at Matt's charity golf game, I barely tolerated the DQ shirts. & I'm relieved when the conversation turns from Chris Myers son, to more football oriented discussions.

That's not to say I don't care for any of those causes... I do. But when I go to HoustonTexans.com, or NFL.com, or NFLNetwork, I'm wanting to get away from all that stuff.

So to answer your question more accurately, it's not that I'm against the foundations and causes. I'm against having to hear about it.

. It's probably not even appropriate to discuss anybody's sexual orientation in a football forum, anyway.

That's what I meant.

McNair should be interviewing architects to erect a statue of JJ, the most under paid NFL player.

And his new HEB commercial is pretty funny too. The one where he wont let the guy in front door.

Talk about selective reading. Y'all guys need to read back a little bit.

Anyway, like I said, it's a non-topic. I just chose JJ as an example because of his high profile and the respect he gets in and outside of the NFL. For what it's worth, the question could apply to any high profile NFL player: Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck, Clay Matthews, Richard Sherman, whomever.

Right, so let's just talk about how awesome JJ is as a football player and a human being. It's probably not even appropriate to discuss anybody's sexual orientation in a football forum, anyway.

And yes, big derailment. I didn't mean to. Sorry.

Look all your questions have all ready been answered in the Micheal Sam thread in the NSZ forum. If you're curious on what people's opinions are regarding that topic check there.

JJ Watt MVP at the quarter pole? I mean, is there a player who has had more impact on his team's success?

I don't think so.

Worse yet, what would you do if Watt was an atheist homosexual who put lipstick on his sheep?

The guy could dress up as a woman, tuck his sack back, and dance half-naked to Goodbye Horses for all I care. I'd still think he was awesome.

Back