Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt "he is just awesome" Thread

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I found this on a Raider's fan forum & I was looking for a place to put it.... this thread seams appropriate:

J.J. Watt had one sack, two tackles for loss, one batted ball, five quarterback hits, one blocked extra point and one fumble recovery in Sunday's Week 1 win over the Redskins.

In case ya'll are wondering, we're the injured gazelle and this mother****er is the mother****ing King of the Jungle...

austins23

Hall of Fame
I found this on a Raider's fan forum & I was looking for a place to put it.... this thread seams appropriate:
Now that's good! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

This one is from one of the Raiders' boards as well..

"After watching the Texans defense in week 1, I'm pretty certain they will stomp a mud hole in our ass and walk it dry"

False Start

On # 69
Now that's good! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

This one is from one of the Raiders' boards as well..

"After watching the Texans defense in week 1, I'm pretty certain they will stomp a mud hole in our ass and walk it dry"
:stonecold:

Watt 3:16 says, I just sacked your ass!

Scooter

Funky
I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks this is getting a little silly.
i'd bet that you're in the minority.

i'm as jaded as anyone, but watt would have to mess up spectacularly to even chip his golden armor. his work off the field is even more impressive than what he does on ... if that's possible. who else does the "wheelchair" after a play? dude takes a couple of weeks for family time after the season, spends most of the rest working out, and any free time is doing right - usually in ways we wouldn't know of if someone doesn't catch wind (such as the special needs kid in katy).

as for on the field, the absurdity is that he is actually that good. someone recently compared him to hakeem and i think that's very fitting. the best player in the league is also 'team first'. here's a link to mayock diagnosing just a few plays. i'm young by NFL standards, but watt has the best hands i have ever seen (including highlights of legends), by quite a margin. he is the best defensive player in my time. i'm pissed off at ray rice, for what he did and also because he became a big deal while i was hoping to spend half the week watching jj watt highlights. every forum in the league has a mention of watt, all made out of respect or fear of a player on defense that impacts the game almost as much as a quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap3000000393350/Mayock-s-Slant-Watt-s-impact

Last edited:

Ryan

THIS YEAR
Any article or post or thread about how awesome JJ Watt is at this point in time is just a waste of space. It's general knowledge.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Any article or post or thread about how awesome JJ Watt is at this point in time is just a waste of space. It's general knowledge.
I guess that's my take.
It's like those Geico commercials... "Everybody knows that"

I must confess, I did like Mayock's play breakdown.

LikeMike

Veteran
I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks this is getting a little silly.
Think about it: this last game could almost be considered a historically good game by a 3-4 DE. Blocked kick, recovered fumble, several tackles for losses, basically 2 sacks (one resulted in intentional grounding) - all while the offense was scheming to stop him. For JJ it was just another game.

JJ is not just good - he is in a class of his own. If you ask 10 analysts who has been the best defensive player of the past 2 years, I bet all 10 of them will say JJ. If you ask people who is the all time best 3-4 DE, I bet a whole lot of people will say JJ.

I am not a fan of 100 million dollar contracts that are not for QBs. But right here I feel like JJ is still underpaid. It might have been a mistake to give Arian that big contract (he deserves every penny, but I feel like we wouldn't be that much worse with the next HBs in line, and that money could've been spent better elsewhere). It might even have been a mistake to give AJ that big contract (he might even be underpaid, but again, I don't feel like that big money is best spent on a position like WR). But there is no question in my mind, that those 100 million dollars is money will spent for JJ.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
i'd bet that you're in the minority.

i'm as jaded as anyone, but watt would have to mess up spectacularly to even chip his golden armor ..................
Yeah, I'm aware. Put me in with Obs and Ryan. It just seems to me both threads (yes, there's two of them) go in the NSS file. NSS meaning No "kidding" Sherlock.

After typing the post I wondered if I might be dragged away in the middle of the night and forced to talk, but the response was measured. Cool. :)

Think about it:...........
Yeah, I've heard of him. I said the threads are silly, as in unnecessary and over the top, not "who is this guy?"

Watt couldn't be better, seriously. I guess I don't do the hero worship thing. Carry on.

The only thing I've seen wrong is during the Washington game they showed him arriving at the stadium. He was driving a black car and not "the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans."

I thought, "Wait. JJ Watt isn't driving the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans! How could this be? JJ Watt is going to JJ Watt's game and he plays for the Houston Texans. So why isn't he driving the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans to JJ Watt's game for the Houston Texans?????"

Did JJ lie to the public? Take money to sell a truck he really doesn't drive?? What about the other 800 commercials in which he claims to love the product? What else is he not telling the truth about?

Since I saw that clip of him driving something other than the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans, my world just seems a little less innocent. (Ok, I'll stop now. Must be the coffee. :D :D)

b0ng

Bad Hombre
He looks like an all time great might as well discuss and enjoy him while he's here, we haven't seen many of his caliber in the NFL, much less in Houston.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
He looks like an all time great might as well discuss and enjoy him while he's here, we haven't seen many of his caliber in the NFL, much less in Houston.
Agreed. I realize my post made it seem otherwise, but I'm a big fan just like the rest of us. (Just wish he really drove the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans as advertised. If I were a Ford rep I'd be on his ass about that. :D)

klockWork

Rookie
I don't think JJ should play offense anymore. That TD catch clearly occupied his head that resulted of him failing to record a single tackle against Raiders.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't think JJ should play offense anymore. That TD catch clearly occupied his head that resulted of him failing to record a single tackle against Raiders.
I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you brought it up
:)

Showtime100

Got JJ?
You watched the game from inside JJ's mind, did you? JJ played a hell of a game. Stats don't always tell the truth.

No offense, but I find it hard to believe a play that happened early, a positive play, would have him in dreamland, replaying it over and over for the duration of the game.

This is the same guy that said he'll have fun when his career is over, but for now all his mind is on is his game and winning, the rest will have to come later.

To make a short story long, I couldn't disagree more on many levels.

OzzO

.. and then?
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 5m
LB coach Mike Vrabel suggested using Watt as a TE a few times this offseason.

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you brought it up
:)
But he affected the play in so many other ways. He was always occupying two blockers and still getting pressure, caused a fumble and made teammates more effective by providing one on one pressure.

Sometimes his play won't show up on the stat sheet, but he plays every down and effects most plays.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Yeah, I'm aware. Put me in with Obs and Ryan. It just seems to me both threads (yes, there's two of them) go in the NSS file. NSS meaning No "kidding" Sherlock.

After typing the post I wondered if I might be dragged away in the middle of the night and forced to talk, but the response was measured. Cool. :)

Yeah, I've heard of him. I said the threads are silly, as in unnecessary and over the top, not "who is this guy?"

Watt couldn't be better, seriously. I guess I don't do the hero worship thing. Carry on.

The only thing I've seen wrong is during the Washington game they showed him arriving at the stadium. He was driving a black car and not "the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans."

I thought, "Wait. JJ Watt isn't driving the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans! How could this be? JJ Watt is going to JJ Watt's game and he plays for the Houston Texans. So why isn't he driving the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans to JJ Watt's game for the Houston Texans?????"

Did JJ lie to the public? Take money to sell a truck he really doesn't drive?? What about the other 800 commercials in which he claims to love the product? What else is he not telling the truth about?

Since I saw that clip of him driving something other than the official truck of JJ Watt and the Houston Texans, my world just seems a little less innocent. (Ok, I'll stop now. Must be the coffee. :D :D)

Coffee gets a bad rap.:foottap:

:coffee:

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
My first thought when he caught it was '85 Bears. While I'm not ready to do the Super Bowl Shuffle, its fun and messes with the other team's head. I hope they find more ways to use him. At this point, he is at least a nice decoy.

Ryan

THIS YEAR
My first thought when he caught it was '85 Bears. While I'm not ready to do the Super Bowl Shuffle, its fun and messes with the other team's head. I hope they find more ways to use him. At this point, he is at least a nice decoy.

With a healthy Clowney coming back later, maybe we can resemble the 85 bears defense and maybe Fitzpatrick can be our Jim Mcmahon! I'm on board. :thisbig::swatter:

mattieuk

All Pro
When JJ lines up on a goal line push, he is getting your attention.

When JJ lines up on a goal line push, and you know that he embarassed the Raiders with a play that was repeated 'x' million times, he is getting so much attention that whoever has the ball in their hands is going to have an infinitely easier job.

Vance87

All Pro
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli · 2h

"Legend’s even going to get bigger now. I don’t know if we’re ready for it." Cushing on Watt #Texans

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 1h
Is everyone at @PFF doing alright today? They gave J.J. Watt a -1.7 grade yesterday, his lowest since Week 4 of his rookie season.
JJ is so awesome he doesn't need to be awesome. :kitten:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Objectively speaking Watt didn't have a great game. But no one else really stepped up.
I'm not arguing with you. But how strange is it that statement is arguably true & we got 4 turnovers & won by 15.