Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ has asked to be released

You kidding me? Dude was just thanking BoB and the very guy he now has a problem with just 3 months before. Rapid decline was valready on the way considering BoB had came into the season in 2019.................on the hot seat. Nuk had already been traded, Cal was already making questionable decisions by giving BoB the GM title when he could barely handle just being a HC & Easterby was already worming his way into the mix. What has happened since he signed his extension?

IMHO, something happened after the contract was signed, after BoB was fired, but before Watson's last press conference of the year. Whatever action that was taken, spoken, misunderstood or offended happened during this period. I have no idea what it could be and waiting to hear the details from Cal, Easterby or Watson. Until then, I recommend eating popcorn, watching, reading and laughing through the stages of this nonsense.
:popcorn:

IMHO, something happened after the contract was signed, after BoB was fired, but before Watson's last press conference of the year. Whatever action that was taken, spoken, misunderstood or offended happened during this period. I have no idea what it could be and waiting to hear the details from Cal, Easterby or Watson. Until then, I recommend eating popcorn, watching, reading and laughing through the stages of this nonsense.

It may be nothing more than his agent in his ear.....man, you gotta get out of Houston before they ruin my cash cow....uhmmmm, before they ruin you man. That's right, before they ruin you.....you remember David Carr, right?

I think he started thinking about what JJ said to him after that last game about wasted year, and he talked to his agent about it who reminded him of both JJ and AJ's careers. Then talked him into getting out after things appeared to be heading the same way with the Caserio hire

I think he started thinking about what JJ said to him after that last game about wasted year, and he talked to his agent about it who reminded him of both JJ and AJ's careers. Then talked him into getting out after things appeared to be heading the same way with the Caserio hire
I’d throw Nuk in that too as a guy who got in his ear. As much as Nuk tried to play it cool, him being unceremoniously shipped off just as he had found a qb he could really do damage with....I think low key, he fel some type of way about that. And we know he and Nuk were/are pretty close. I could easily see Nuk telling him, “hey bro it’s clear they don’t know what they’re doing...I mean they got rid of me! Where I messed up at is not getting my money and a NTC to control where I went....”...b/c I truly believe Nuk orchestrated his trade outta here.

Yep. I just keep filling up my popcorn until something changes or we get more details. :popcorn:

That said, based on what we 'know', my attitude about Watson hinges on that $111 million guarantee he signed a few months ago. If he had not signed that and then sang the praises to literally everyone - complete with raw emotion - I'd be on his side for betting on himself and moving on.

Now that deal screws the Texans with a big salary cap hit next season even if he's traded + a freakin' no trade clause. How are either of those good for the franchise to ultimately maximize his value for a trade? As a fan, our team is supposed to lose/lose here?? He gets his way and we get an even lesser team for years to come?

38ab917a3e9c564b73229daec841626a.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I read today that the Titans are on JJ's short list. What does the Texans organization do to these guys, to get them to make the Titans wind up on their short list? Are they so pissed that they want the opportunity to play the Texans maybe 2 or more times a year?

I read today that the Titans are on JJ's short list. What does the Texans organization do to these guys, to get them to make the Titans wind up on their short list? Are they so pissed that they want the opportunity to play the Texans maybe 2 or more times a year?

What I read was that the Titans were one of the teams interested in signing him. How does that get twisted into 'on his short list'?

What I read was that the Titans were one of the teams interested in signing him. How does that get twisted into 'on his short list'?

I read he had brought his choice of teams down to 3....based on that, I believe short list could be appropriate.

I think JJ is currently weighting his options of which does he want more a real shot at a ring or one last huge paycheck. If he goes to a team like a GB then it will have to be for fairly cheap as they are in same cap situation as us, if he goes to a team like Tenn he can get a bigger payday, maybe even bigger than what Texans would pay, but he has less chance of actually getting that ring. Personally I think he might end up on the Browns, lots of talent there and they came really close last year. Line him up on the same line as Garret and thats a scary combination.

I'd sign with them to if I was him. Funny though lots of Card fans unhappy about this. Good for JJ, get those last big checks so you can retire in style.
Looks like the money was more important to Watt than signing with a sure fire, top SB contender like the Packers, Bucs, or Chiefs.
The Cards are more like on the outside loking into the circle of top SB contenders.
I hope he does well in Arizona - good luck JJ.

Looks like the money was more important to Watt than signing with a sure fire, top SB contender like the Packers, Bucs, or Chiefs.
The Cards are more like on the outside loking into the circle of top SB contenders.
Yea can't blame him one bit. That kind of money/guarantee made the deciscion easy.

Yeah. The stats that ESPN showed make it seem like Arizona already has a solid defense, so I’d think they’d want to spend the big bucks on offense. Adding JJ strikes me as an odd move on their part.

I said all along he was going to have to decide does he roll the dice on a team that he might get a ring with and cement his legacy or does he take the last couple of big checks and be set for life. Looks like he went the pragmatic route, though 23-31 million for two years most likely made that easier. I mean with that kind of money he could probably finance his wife's team.

Can't wait for all the 'DW for Kyler' trade theories to start pouring in..

That'll happen when Cardinals fans arrive on this site trying to come up with their ideas on how to get Watson. Don't think for a second....if the Cardinals had the cap space and assets, they'd be calling the Texans about Watson. How many of you would seriously entertain the idea of a Cardinals trade package that included Kyler Murray and an assortment of picks for Watson? If I were Caserio, I'd tell the Cardinals not to bring that crap to my office until, 01 April 2021 so I could get in on the joke.

That'll happen when Cardinals fans arrive on this site trying to come up with their ideas on how to get Watson. Don't think for a second....if the Cardinals had the cap space and assets, they'd be calling the Texans about Watson. How many of you would seriously entertain the idea of a Cardinals trade package that included Kyler Murray and an assortment of picks for Watson? If I were Caserio, I'd tell the Cardinals not to bring that crap to my office until, 01 April 2021 so I could get in on the joke.

ONLY reason I would consider that deal is if they sent Hopkins as well just to make him play in Houston again. After day dreaming about that for a few minutes I'd chuckle then get back to watching the Jets and Dolphins fight and Watson and his agent get restless.

Back