Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

Walter produces year in and year out, Jacoby doesn't, so I agree with this. It could be time to start refreshing the recievers group.

If you watched the (near) TD that Jean scored in the 4th quarter, his body control was excellent. He made an adjustment on the ball that I don't think JJ would have been able to pull off, and Jean made it look natural, fluid and totally in control.

The guy has unteachable ball skills. He's a natural, and he will be a rock star on this team before everything is said and done.

Best WR prospect on the Texans since AJ was drafted.

Last edited:
KW's job in jeopardy? I don't think so. Not yet.

Now... Jacoby Jones... HIS job is in jeopardy.

Agreed. I'm actually kinda surprised we re-signed him. Other than his return ability, I've never been impressed with him. IMO, he's not reliable in the passing game and I don't think he ever will be. I'd love to be wrong

I think Jean has a chance to be the second best wr on the roster at some point so with that, I do think kw should pay attention.

Jean is going to be a beast.

If you watched the (near) TD that Jean scored in the 4th quarter, his body control was excellent. He made an adjustment on the ball that I don't think JJ would have been able to pull off, and Jean made it look natural, fluid and totally in control.

The guy has unteachable ball skills. He's a natural, and he will be a rock star on this team before everything is said and done.

Best WR prospect on the Texans since AJ was drafted.

I think he's already overtaken Dickerson and he's got his sights on Jacoby. :)

I think Jean has a chance to be the second best wr on the roster at some point so with that, I do think kw should pay attention.

Jean is going to be a beast.

Slow your collective rolls, young padawans. Let's see him do it in more than one preseason game before we give Jean Jacoby's or KW's job. It could come to that but I need more data than two catches in 4th qtr of the first preseason game.

an aside: Greenie on this morning's Mike & Mike show has a Texans helmet in front of him. I guess it's because his beloved Jets got beat by us.
:splits:

EDIT:
The Texans (and Vikings) helmets are there because that's who the Mikes are highlighting with their two-a-days. I like my reason better. :D

Last edited:
Slow your collective rolls, young padawans. Let's see him do it in more than one preseason game before we give Jean Jacoby's or KW's job. It could come to that but I need more data than two catches in 4th qtr of the first preseason game.

an aside: Greenie on this morning's Mike & Mike show has a Texans helmet in front of him. I guess it's because his beloved Jets got beat by us.
:splits:

Both He and Golic picked the Texans to win the AFC SOUTH with a 10-6 record. I hope they are right

Back