Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

tumblr_l6geqrRsmK1qbo7v5o1_400.gif

Is it has to be always last seconds? My health can't keep up with this kind drama. Anyway, nice W and good showing of our D and found some players like Braman and Jean. They are keeps.

Go Texans!!!

Braman showing all kinds of moves.

Bull rush, then slapping the guy to the outside and moving inside.

Stunting.

He was abusing his man.

He played damn near 3 quarters or so. WTAMU gettin' represented! Yeah!

I think Wade is going to see film and say "That guy is always near the ball no matter where it goes."

Is it has to be always last seconds? My health can't keep up with this kind drama. Anyway, nice W and good showing of our D and found some players like Braman and Jean. They are keeps.

Go Texans!!!

If this were a month from now I would need oxygen. Tonight, not so much. It's always great to win though, especially against those guys.

WTF!! We won and they interview a Jet player??

Thought. The. Same. Thing.

LOL. I just giggled. The Jets are suddenly a competent team (after having sucked rocks for like the past forever) and it's nothing but Jets, 24/7/365.

"In news tonight, a man saved his wife and daughters from an early morning fire. The man, a war veteran and double-amputee who is blind, crawled and felt his way through the smoke and gave piggy back rides to every family member...whisking them to safety by army crawling with wife and kids upon his back. He miraculously has no burns on his body, and authorities are calling this the most heroic thing they have ever seen. Now, let's go to the seen where our on-site reporter is speaking with one of the Jets players. Andrea, how does Mark Sanchez feel about working with new receivers this year? Take it away. The public wants to know."

It would be infuriating if it were not so obviously hilarious.

BTW, Pat Forde today on Outside The Lines (ESPN) just hammered ESPN by saying that the essentially the Longhorn Network deal is what finally pissed off A&M enough to bolt for the SEC. The Big 12 is going to be undone (Missouri will likely consider going to SEC since they border two SEC states) by UT and ESPN. Forde said "I have no problem with networks being organized for the benefit of the WHOLE conference. But singling out ONE school seems, to me, to create a bias and an un-level playing field."

Jam the WR, take away the inside. Force the WR to earn an inside move or push him to the sideline right at the snap? I'm just spitballin' here.

Whatever is the answer, we're not doing it.

Oh, and there's the obligatory OFFSIDES on Antonio Smith. Classic.

Finished watching the game and just went through this whole thread and saw no one corrected this. It was a blatant false start by the center, I saw it live and it was extremely evident in the replay. Just FYI.

Vandermeer on 610 this morning made a comment about Philips having an evil grin on his face during one of the sacks. Did anyone catch it? Have a pic?

Vandermeer on 610 this morning made a comment about Philips having an evil grin on his face during one of the sacks. Did anyone catch it? Have a pic?

It was after Nading had the sack forced fumble that resulted in a turnover in the 2nd quarter.

I saw it and commented about it then. Was nice to see. I was happy the day Bob hired Wade, but when I saw him on the sidelines last night with his headset and Texans' cap, I had a strange sense of calm. Finally we have a veteran coach in an important position on our staff.

Kubiak came out today and said because of Lestar Jean's performance during the game and how he has been performing during camp he will move up teh depth chart and get more reps in practice.

Back