Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

Wolf

100% Texan
not that he was going to play much anyway
Jets’ Burress has sprain, won’t play vs. Texans

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—It’s a no go for Plaxico Burress(notes) in the New York Jets’ preseason opener.

An MRI on Friday revealed that the wide receiver has a sprained left ankle, and he won’t play against the Texans on Monday or even fly with the team to Houston.

“They think the altitude when you fly there, that that can increase swelling,” coach Rex Ryan said. “We’re trying to get Plaxico at 100 percent, so what we’ll do is he’ll come out (next) Wednesday, we assume he will be 100 percent then if we back off him completely now.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Asjd5drDWMsA0Ikyxy2G.KBDubYF?slug=ap-jets-burress-injuries

HOUSTON (AP) - The return of Plaxico Burress will have to wait. Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has work to do with his other receivers anyway when New York opens the preseason against Houston on Monday night.

The Texans, meanwhile, are eager to see how well they've learned Wade Phillips' new 3-4 defensive scheme. Houston's defense can only improve after ranking last against the pass last season (267.5 yards per game), the main culprit in a 6-10 record.

Monday's game would've been notable for the resurfacing of Burress, who signed with the Jets on July 31 after serving a 20-month prison sentence on a gun charge. But Burress won't even make the trip to Texas after spraining his left ankle in practice last week.

The other stars on both teams aren't expected to see much action, either.

Jets Pro Bowl center Nick Mangold will not travel, either, after hurting his neck Thursday, and Arian Foster, the NFL's leading rusher in 2010, is also not expected to see action because of a hamstring strain.

In his limited time Monday, Sanchez can focus on building chemistry with free-agent pickup Derrick Mason, who was brought in to essentially replace Jerricho Cotchery, who was cut.

New York also lost Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith in free agency, but re-signed go-to receiver Santonio Holmes.

"I'm well prepared. I think this team has the potential to surpass what we did last year," Sanchez said, "but it starts with this first game."

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=651558#.TkiePGGwVnw

Is it wrong that I'm excited about a pre-season game and can't concentrate on work??

Not at all dude lol. I just drove back from Houston yesterday, swung by Academy while I was leaving town, got some gear, took off of my 2nd job tonight just to watch this game!

Friggin ready for some Texans football man!

:fans:

:jam:

It's nice that those of us outside of Houston get to watch the first two games live, here's to an injury free game, Go Texans!:fans:

So is Matt Leinart still starting? I wanna see what he can do with the starters out there. :fans:

No, Schaub will start, probably play one or two series, then Leinheart until the 4th quarter, and our new draft choice probably gets a series or two in the 4th quarter.

I'm pretty sure it's blue jersey's for all home games, except Liberly White day against the Colts, and Battle Red day against the Jags.

Preseason if just fun time for me. I don't get caught up in this "we must win" mentality. I go to see the guys practice, knowing that over half will be cut before Sept. I also go to see friends, both at our tailgate, and my seat buddies in section 116. Some of us have been together since 2002, and it's fun to see the dedicated one's return every year. At 10 or so tonight I just wanna go home knowing we got through this game with NO major injuries!

I was just thinking...I really wouldn't want to be the first guy that James Casey has to block today...Thor is going to bring the hammer.

Hammer of Thor style bitches!! As Metal as it gets!!

Mjollnir.png

:jam: :htown2atx:

According to TC's blog the Jets will be playing their one's for the entire 1st quarter. If Kubiak sticks to his 10-12 snaps it might get ugly. IMO, I'd rather keep our starters heathy than taking a chance on injuries by keeping them in that long. Who cares if we win or not

Who cares if we win or not

By the 3rd preseason game, they will be playing the starters for the whole first half if they follow their history. That makes the half time score of that particular game the only score in preseason that might tell you anything at all.

According to TC's blog the Jets will be playing their one's for the entire 1st quarter. If Kubiak sticks to his 10-12 snaps it might get ugly. IMO, I'd rather keep our starters heathy than taking a chance on injuries by keeping them in that long. Who cares if we win or not

I agree 100%...I really do.

The only reason why in this 1 instance I would want the Texans to look across that sideline and send a message by keeping our starters in there as long as they do is I am so effing tired of coach Stay Puff and his tramp stamp or whatever the eff he got tatted on him and I still want payback for how he repeadetly calls the Texans bitches publicly (albeit deservedly so sometimes....)

So while I agree, I also what to see some backbone and a middle finger to the Jets even though I know it's stupid in pre season.

So please, I know it's stupid on my end....maybe just too long without football and I want to take the kids gloves off right away, but still, so tired of the Jits.

:htown2atx:

I agree 100%...I really do.

The only reason why in this 1 instance I would want the Texans to look across that sideline and send a message by keeping our starters in there as long as they do is I am so effing tired of coach Stay Puff and his tramp stamp or whatever the eff he got tatted on him and I still want payback for how he repeadetly calls the Texans bitches publicly (albeit deservedly so sometimes....)

So while I agree, I also what to see some backbone and a middle finger to the Jets even though I know it's stupid in pre season.

So please, I know it's stupid on my end....maybe just too long without football and I want to take the kids gloves off right away, but still, so tired of the Jits.

:htown2atx:

I feel the sentiment but just imagine...our 2s beat the crap out of their 1s!! Wouldn't that be awesome!! Plus no starter injuries!

I feel the sentiment but just imagine...our 2s beat the crap out of their 1s!! Wouldn't that be awesome!! Plus no starter injuries!

LMAO....repped you....that would be awesome. Too bad Coach Calorie could just sweep it under the rug as "pre season".

Does anyone know for certain if Jonathan Joseph is going to play tonight? I have heard conflicting reports from a couple people I know but I can't find anything official.

Anyone watching ESPN right now?

Jets, jets,jets,jets,jets, Rex Ryan, Jets oh and texans.

I'll be watching until RAW starts, I guess. Gonna be tough to pay real attention though since my Braves are in a HUGE series starting today against the Giants, and the game is on ESPN.

Gonna have to get resourceful.

Lineup Info
Players not dressing for tonight’s game are:

16 WR Trindon Holliday

17 WR Paul Williams

20 RB Steve Slaton

23 RB Arian Foster

24 CB Johnathan Joseph

36 CB Roc Carmichael

37 SS Antonio Baker

44 RB Ben Tate

46 LS Jon Weeks