Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JAGUARS TRYING TO LOSE............TEXANS TRYING TO WIN

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I got a real sense of a veteran performance from Watson today. Not a flashy game, but there was a little addition by subtraction in the running game when Duke became the workhorse. Kept everything calm, took what the D offered him, moved the chains with his feet more than we’ve seen for a calendar year and didn’t panic despite his receivers dropping passes and some pretty good coverage by this Jax D.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Did all they could to let a rookie QB and a crap team beat them.

Oline is just really bad and poorly coached.

DW had lots of opportunities for blitz beaters and didn’t do so well in that category.

The defense needs to played pissed off. No nasty Ray Lewis types on D.
Greenard looks slow and tentative.

Weeks is still money!

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Also, why can't that be overturned by review?
Not reviewable.
Mr Scarface is correct. Replays can't be used to review the status of the game clock, play clock or the down of the play.................although none of those things should ever get past the refs. There seems to be one exception.........a rule change in 2015 allows the officials to check if time in a half expired incorrectly and add time on the clock, if necessary.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Did all they could to let a rookie QB and a crap team beat them.

Oline is just really bad and poorly coached.

DW had lots of opportunities for blitz beaters and didn’t do so well in that category.

The defense needs to played pissed off. No nasty Ray Lewis types on D.
Greenard looks slow and tentative.

Weeks is still money!
Glad I didn’t watch.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Which weakness on the roster can we realistically address this offseason?
I think it depends on how free agency develops as no one knows for sure now. Also in response to covid-19 will significantly more college guys come out rather than return to school? The more that comes out more could be pushed down. We should be able to get a significant running back 4b and perhaps in the 5th. So we don't need to spend one of our higher picks for that. With Kelemete going out today I say we need to have a solid offensive lineman that can play guard but that could be a 5th round perhaps. As I see it WR may be a priority if Fuller and Stills leave. Yes, #12 remains on roster cause I saw him once. I was hoping Cooks, Cobb and Coulter would be our top three 2021
guys but Cobb mediocre and they won't play Coulter.
We probably need two WRs--one each draft and FAs?

Round 3 to watch:
WR Sage Surrat Wake Forrest 6'2" 215

LT to play LG Liam Eichenberg 6'6" 305 N.Dame didn't impress me as I hoped he would in the upset of #1 Clemson.

LT to play LG Jackson Carmen 6'5" 345 Clemson a road grader I like.

WR Terrace Marshall 6'3" 200 my selection but climbing rankings.
CB to play safety Israel Mukamua 6'4" 205 South Carolina.

Rnd 4 (maybe) Rodarius Williams 6'0 180 forced to play deep and shallow passes cause him struggle as he appears to fear going for those and allowing deep bombs. Needs to be allowed to focus on off coverage man. Needs at least one NFL season behind a starter to become comfortable that he has skills to play at next level. A good corners coach would do wonders for him.
Hope this helps?

Texansballer74

The Marine
They allowed 30+ points & Murray had over 100 yards rushing. If that were our team the words "pretender" & "paper tiger" would be used to describe this team.
You’re right about that, but I’m not claiming none of that right now.

31-13 vs Jaguars
43-17 vs 49ers
24-0 vs Jets
28-17 vs Rams
And then a hard fought thriller victory today vs the Cardinals

So far they’re a solid team

badboy

Hall of Fame
The Texans just helped build the NFL dynasty of the future. Imagine that. :lol:
Perhaps at end of 2023 we can trade Tunsil and begin our own dynasty? You know that is pronounced die nasty? My mind just goes there at times.

badboy

Hall of Fame
CB, LB, C and RB...1st draft pick is highest rated CB on the board. 2nd pick is a cover LB. 3rd pick is a nasty and mean Center. 4th pick is a RB with vision and balance.
Interested in what cover LBs you see in round four or later? In my mock I had Center Landon Dickerson Alabama 6' 53 inches 345 pounds dude is tall for position but he just annihilates there. Your thoughts? I see corner as deeper than WR so if Terrace is there I'm going with him. If you want we can move this to my off season thread.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Interested in what cover LBs you see in round four or later? In my mock I had Center Landon Dickerson Alabama 6' 53 inches 345 pounds dude is tall for position but he just annihilates there. Your thoughts? I see corner as deeper than WR so if Terrace is there I'm going with him. If you want we can move this to my off season thread.
I probably would use the 3rd and one of the 4ths to trade up into the 2nd for Chaz Surratt or Jabril Cox. The Notre Dame LB looks very good in coverage too. Problem is these guys are going to go anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd.

BC's McDuffie is a guy who could be there in the 4th as well as Mich St. Simmons.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
So has there been any word on what caused Roby’s suspension?
I just missed 610 radio talking about Roby today. They did say that Romeo said something about him yesterday. I also found article Friday saying Crennel expected him to play against Jags after he was injured versus Gbay. That indicated whatever came up didn't get him disciplined until RAC spoke Friday.

Possibly Roby didn't agree with doctors on his injury? Hasn't been much said about team doctors this season. Perhaps CnnnD can expound on this? I haven't looked in injury thread yet.

Haven't really watched any NCAAF this year since the scheduling has been hard to keep up with due to the pandemic.