Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JaDeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remember Kelce being mentioned in comparison to Clowney for recovery timeliine:

Link

Unfortunately, this may not be a very valid comparison. First of all, the OLB position places much more stresses on the knees.

But most importantly, Kelce has never had a previous knee injury.....in college or in the pros. As opposed to Clowney who initially underwent partial lateral meniscectomy (removal) instead of repair of the lateral meniscus, Kelce has not undergone removal of any of his menisci.
The meniscus is an extremely important load-bearing structure (shock absorber) that reduces 70% of the load transmitted through the lateral part of the knee (lateral meniscue) and 50% medially (medial meniscus), thus decreasing contact pressures on the articular knee cartilage. The increased intra-articular contact stresses within the knee after meniscectomies are known to ‘overload’ the articular cartilage with eventual failure of the articular cartilage, all relative to the amount of deficient meniscus surface as a result of injuries..........the less meniscus (resulting from removal instead of repair), the less surface area for the stress to be distributed and the greater the concentration of stress on the articular surface.

The diagonal lines below identify the menisci, the "up" arrows signify the distribution and intensity of stresses on the knee articular cartilage with and without the presence of the menisci:

F2.medium.gif

Furthermore, the menisci helps stabilize the knee joint like a ball in socket arrangement (see below), allowing less wobbling and therefore less wearing down of the articular cartilage.

knee-anatomy-anterior-view.jpg

knee_meniscus_anatomy01.jpg

knee-anatomy-anterior-view.jpg

Given that Clowney has lost some amount of lateral meniscus (and probably more during the second surgery), the potential instability ("wobbling") of his knee along with the increased concentrated stress on his "new" microfracture articular cartilage due to loss of some of his shock absorber, lends itself to continued grinding down of the new cartilage as it tries to maintain its integrity and therefore its benefit.

Clowney's return may be expected to be a more difficult and unpredictable road than Kelce's.

hehehe.....I love Doc's posts!!

I'm looking for that little scrap of hope. I think I found it. He said "eventual" wear or something the other. So there's the hope that for a while, he could be in good shape.

There's got to be a brace like JJ wears.....back in the day, that's how we fixed everything, just tape it up and go.... when that didn't work, there was always bubble gum

Oh this is just great. At least we got a healthy enough Mario so that he pretended like he was playing sometimes. We're not even gonna get that from Clowney.

We need to keep drafting defensive linemen with our first round pick every year until we get this right. :foottap:

Oh this is just great. At least we got a healthy enough Mario so that he pretended like he was playing sometimes. We're not even gonna get that from Clowney.

We need to keep drafting defensive linemen with our first round pick every year until we get this right. :foottap:

Oh ye of little faith...

You have to wait until at least late August to declare him a complete bust

I'd rather we draft a QB in the first at least every 13 years.

Can't even keep on subject. Just like a lawyer to divert the conversation.

CAK is not a lawyer. Do you know any lawyer who post on a public message board 18 hours a day 7 days week. When I check in early in the morning CAK has been posting for awhile. And when I sign off late at night CAK is still posting. If CAK is drawing a paycheck then he's stealing from his employer. When you've over 50,000 posts you get pretty good at diverting the conversation.

CAK is not a lawyer. Do you know any lawyer who post on a public message board 18 hours a day 7 days week. When I check in early in the morning CAK has been posting for awhile. And when I sign off late at night CAK is still posting. If CAK is drawing a paycheck then he's stealing from his employer.

I'll leave this personal attack this LAST TIME so that you don't start more bleating lies as you have in the past about being edited. But this is the last time - fair warning.

CAK is not a lawyer. Do you know any lawyer who post on a public message board 18 hours a day 7 days week.

I know three. Two who used to post regularly here, but appear to have moved on to other efforts.

Most likely there are more. Season tickets aren't cheap & there are a lot of season ticket holders on the board.

Some people can't handle the truth.
Let's leave off the personal attacks. I am not an attorney but for many years I worked in an office arriving from 6:30 am to 7 and worked until 4:30 to 5 and had texanstalk and before this MB was formed the original Texan MB on my computer. Most of my job was phone work answering questions, training and guiding staff and patients in several states. I have a fairly high post count and my boss was aware of my posting. "As long as you keep $ coming in and the calls to me down, I don't care what you do." was his comment to me.

Infantrycak and others do get caustic in their comments but there are things about me that many can and have mentioned. Let's all tone it down and talk about the team.

Let's leave off the personal attacks. I am not an attorney but for many years I worked in an office arriving from 6:30 am to 7 and worked until 4:30 to 5 and had texanstalk and before this MB was formed the original Texan MB on my computer. Most of my job was phone work answering questions, training and guiding staff and patients in several states. I have a fairly high post count and my boss was aware of my posting. "As long as you keep $ coming in and the calls to me down, I don't care what you do." was his comment to me.

Infantrycak and others do get caustic in their comments but there are things about me that many can and have mentioned. Let's all tone it down and talk about the team.

Agreed,

Does talking about BBQ restaurants in the Wilfork thread count as Texans Talk? Everybody knows Wilfork loves BBQ, his eating habits are fair game?

CAK is not a lawyer. Do you know any lawyer who post on a public message board 18 hours a day 7 days week. When I check in early in the morning CAK has been posting for awhile. And when I sign off late at night CAK is still posting. If CAK is drawing a paycheck then he's stealing from his employer. When you've over 50,000 posts you get pretty good at diverting the conversation.

There are many self employed attorneys ! Hell there are attorneys who rarely see a court room that work in a firm. You don't know what he does or does not do.

So yeah...that Clowney guy. Would be nice if he could contribute this year. A healthy Clowney is a great thing for us.

So yeah...that Clowney guy. Would be nice if he could contribute this year. A healthy Clowney is a great thing for us.

A game changer, with the addition of Wilfork.

Does it bother you that Clowney was getting bit by a dog between 2-3 AM?

doesn't bother me as much as it bothered Jadaveon. Who cares what time or even if it bit him as long as he can play ASAP? We get way too concerned about insignificant stuff.

Why should it, these guys have lives too, well besides JJ Watt. But i don't care what he does on his own time during the off season, if he wants to live up to the #1 pick and get a big contract in 4 years he had better step it up though, but other than that who cares if he is partying with Swag ?

Does it surprise you that two guys who went to school together and are still in their twenties, with a little money for the first time in their young lives, are hanging out together in the off-season?

As long as they're in shape and ready to suit up come OTAs, I don't care what they do during this down time.

Not at all. I'd be more concerned if Clowney wasn't spending time w teammates/friends. For a guy that's never really been hurt, sheltering himself could lead to mental blocks. Plus they've both said that the dog bite wasn't an issue.

What if they were going over game tape at DJ's and this happened? Not saying they were but we're all quick to assume that they were up to no good because of the time. I guess I'm of the mind set that as long as their aren't any dead hookers or bags of blow, it's fine. :kitten:

There are many self employed attorneys ! Hell there are attorneys who rarely see a court room that work in a firm. You don't know what he does or does not do.

Texian knows.

He just applies that infallible black and white logic to everything.

How could he be wrong?

It was a simple question JB. Can you answer or not?

I remember back in my previous life as a programmer how much I could get accomplished with my workstation. Code, answer emails, put out fires, all before lunch.

And with a smart person like cak, he probably reads much faster and comprehends much more than I can. And I read very fast!

You should try it without moving your lips.

I remember back in my previous life as a programmer how much I could get accomplished with my workstation. Code, answer emails, put out fires, all before lunch.

And with a smart person like cak, he probably reads much faster and comprehends much more than I can. And I read very fast!

You should try it without moving your lips.

Reading comprehension is a lost art that the old no longer achieve reliably

How old is Texian?

By his attitude and know it all persona you would think he is a spoiled 13 year old girl, but some of the things he says makes me think he could be in a old folks home and they forgot to give him his meds.

So my best guess is somewhere between a 13 year old girl and a 90 year old bipolar, schizophrenia nut job....:tiphat:

By his attitude and know it all persona you would think he is a spoiled 13 year old girl, but some of the things he says makes me think he could be in a old folks home and they forgot to give him his meds.

So my best guess is somewhere between a 13 year old girl and a 90 year old bipolar, schizophrenia nut job....:tiphat:

We need to ease up on personal attacks while we're trying to convince Texian to stop the personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back