Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JaDeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to ease up on personal attacks while we're trying to convince Texian to stop the personal attacks.

Finally the irony is seen by others.

I just love how others rush to defend all things Cak.

He's not perfect and would tell you as much. I don't really care for how he treats Marshall because of Marshall's religious beliefs. But Marshall is a big man who can defend his beliefs quite well. Just as Cak can defend his beliefs.

Let's get back to talking football rather than each other.

^^^^
This

When and at what level do you think Clowney will be able to produce at?

If I was in charge Clowney would be strictly used in pass rush situations, about 25/30% of the defensive plays next season if he can make it back at all. My reasoning for this is CND saying that increasing usage will cause more wear and tear on the new cartilage.

Doc has put big windows for several steps in Clowney's rehab. I'd have a general approach more geared to long term success rather than speed of return but beyond that can't predict anything. It's all too up in the air.

steelb - you didn't answer your own question on whether the dog bite incident bothered you.

Let's get back to talking football rather than each other.

^^^^
This

If I was in charge Clowney would be strictly used in pass rush situations, about 25/30% of the defensive plays next season if he can make it back at all. My reasoning for this is CND saying that increasing usage will cause more wear and tear on the new cartilage.

Doc has put big windows for several steps in Clowney's rehab. I'd have a general approach more geared to long term success rather than speed of return but beyond that can't predict anything. It's all too up in the air.

steelb - you didn't answer your own question on whether the dog bite incident bothered you.

Was it Doc or another source that said he may have a 6 year football window with his knee ?

It bothers me, because I don't know his rehab regimen but I would think he wouldn't be at his best in the morning to do his rehab. I could be wrong, they could've been having the 3 AM bible study.

It appears that you may have been right when you questioned Clowney's work ethic before last yrs draft. I hope you are wrong on that one.

By his attitude and know it all persona you would think he is a spoiled 13 year old girl, but some of the things he says makes me think he could be in a old folks home and they forgot to give him his meds.

So my best guess is somewhere between a 13 year old girl and a 90 year old bipolar, schizophrenia nut job....:tiphat:

So far you're right. What if I agreed with everything you said and followed you around blowing smoke up your hiney with every post you made, would that make me a twenty something Super Model?

You know, I take great pride in my assholerly in here, but I swear, Texian has got me beat by a mile.

You know, I take great pride in my assholerly in here, but I swear, Texian has got me beat by a mile.

I haven't been on here very much but I have always found him to be a douche. And he swore up and down that if we didn't believe in Blake Bortles, that we were morons. His credibility is in the crap bowl in my opinion.

sheesh some of you guys deserve each other. I'll keep checking in to see if any of you want to discuss football rather than whose underwear is stinkier than others.

A game changer, with the addition of Wilfork.

Does it bother you that Clowney was getting bit by a dog between 2-3 AM?

yes it bothers me. It just proves what I have been saying. He makes a lousy cyborg. I mean really what does he think he is, human/ How dare him have a personal life and not work 24 hours a day. All the rumors that he is lazy must be true!

yes it bothers me. It just proves what I have been saying. He makes a lousy cyborg. I mean really what does he think he is, human/ How dare him have a personal life and not work 24 hours a day. All the rumors that he is lazy must be true!

At least he wasn't at the Kipp's Big Boy eating the midnight breakfast buffet . This was usually about 3:00 am to coat the gut so you could make it home . Also at that time was the Yesterdays Once More crowd who wore beehives and trying to take you home .

I always wondered how some of you people had such I high post count. This thread reveals that truth to me now. Well this one and the Wilfork thread.

As far as Clowney's whereabouts and what the clock on the wall was. Those guys were probably playing Madden and other video games all night being kids. None of our business frankly, and why some on here feel the need to bash Clowney 24 hours a day is beyond me.

I always wondered how some of you people had such I high post count. This thread reveals that truth to me now. Well this one and the Wilfork thread.

As far as Clowney's whereabouts and what the clock on the wall was. Those guys were probably playing Madden and other video games all night being kids. None of our business frankly, and why some on here feel the need to bash Clowney 24 hours a day is beyond me.

Some people have written Clowney off forever. I'm in the camp that thinks he's ultimately good, but needs a year to recover and get up to NFL speed. I see him as backup quality this season, starting more slowly and improving throughout the year. But who really knows with injuries?

So if JJ Watt gets bitten by a badger out in his log cabin at 3am, does that make it any better since he was at home?

So if JJ Watt gets bitten by a badger out in his log cabin at 3am, does that make it any better since he was at home?

JJ's side business: badger hats

cache_2597121104.jpg

At least he wasn't at the Kipp's Big Boy eating the midnight breakfast buffet . This was usually about 3:00 am to coat the gut so you could make it home . Also at that time was the Yesterdays Once More crowd who wore beehives and trying to take you home .

It's not hard for me to imagine Swag and JD up at 3am playing video games. I'm a 49 year old project manager and I've stayed up later than that playing games on my days off. I think people are assuming too many things like drugs or drinking, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. I think the criticism is too harsh for two guys in their mid 20s being together at one of their homes, regardless of the time.

^^^^
This

You asked so I'll tell you the truth. I think Clowney is a lost cause. Between his injuries and his apparent lack of a work ethic, he will turn out to be a wasted pick. But one wasted pick doesn't ruin a franchise; it takes several.

You asked so I'll tell you the truth. I think Clowney is a lost cause. Between his injuries and his apparent lack of a work ethic, he will turn out to be a wasted pick. But one wasted pick doesn't ruin a franchise; it takes several.

Per Adam Wexler twitter:

Bill O'Brien w/ @tiffblackmon on @nflnetwork on Clowney: "Hopefully, he'll be able to get out on the field some time during..." (1 of 2)
O'Brien w/ @tiffblackmon on Clowney:"(2 of 2) training camp,maybe at beginning of TC, if he continues to work at the pace that he's working"

I am sure this an optimistic approach, and I haven't seen the interview. But it does indicate that Clowney is putting in the work to get back.

Edit: He was NFL AM this morning at the owner's meetings. Just watched, was a quick interview.

Per Adam Wexler twitter:

I am sure this an optimistic approach, and I haven't seen the interview. But it does indicate that Clowney is putting in the work to get back.

Edit: He was NFL AM this morning at the owner's meetings. Just watched, was a quick interview.

I for one am on the side that his work ethic in attempting his return is not going to be the issue.

I think Clowney is a lost cause. Between his injuries and his apparent lack of a work ethic, he will turn out to be a wasted pick...

Which lack of work ethic is that? JD has worked as hard as his body has allowed in his time as a Texan. Everybody there likes him, which wouldn't be if he didn't effort.

Lost cause because he walked in the door with arthritic knee that required microfracture surgery, very likely. But that has nothing to do with "try hard"... try hard can't fix what's ruined on his body any more than it can make you taller.

I for one am on the side that his work ethic in attempting his return is not going to be the issue.

Exactly! His work is not the issue. The KNEE is the issue.

I think I'll stay in the "I believe it when I see it" camp, thankyouverymuch.

Clarified........Clowney has shown me no reason to doubt his work ethic during his time as a Texan.

Well, back in my days, we'd take ah crippled horse out behind the barn and just shoot him. So, if we just shoot Clowney, and he's dead, do the Texans still get penalized for a cap hit? I'm sure the survivor benefits in an NFL contract have some kind of out if the player dies.

I'm just wondering if we go ahead and shoot him now during the offseason what kind of cap hit the Texans would take for that?

Thorn, you crack me up sometimes. :D

I don't think O'Brien said this to create higher expectations. He's a stupid **** if he did. Rather he might have said this, knowing Clowney would hear it, to further motivate him. So it might indeed be a work ethic thing right at this moment.

Well, back in my days, we'd take ah crippled horse out behind the barn and just shoot him. So, if we just shoot Clowney, and he's dead, do the Texans still get penalized for a cap hit? I'm sure the survivor benefits in an NFL contract have some kind of out if the player dies.

I'm just wondering if we go ahead and shoot him now during the offseason what kind of cap hit the Texans would take for that?

What's this "we" sht? You got a mouse in your pocket? JD winds up behind a barn with a bullet in his head, I'm ratting you out ol'timer

Not only that but if the badger bites Watt and then survives (not only the actual biting but also the inevitable response from JJ) then I want to know if that badger has an agent.
he not only has an agent but a funky colored mohawk.

The mentioning of Clowney's "work ethic" being the limitation draws attention to how McNair and Smith are setting improper expectations for his rehab timeframe, and consequently are not setting him up for success in 2015 or beyond. Every utterance of camp or "He'll be ready" makes this situation worse.

Really? Even though O'Brien and others have said they have no problem with his work ethic, you are going to keep hanging on to that media creation designed to lower his draft value so some other guy could be the number one pick? Let it go bro... let it go.

The mentioning of Clowney's "work ethic" being the limitation draws attention to how McNair and Smith are setting improper expectations for his rehab timeframe, and consequently are not setting him up for success in 2015 or beyond. Every utterance of camp or "He'll be ready" makes this situation worse.

What are they supposed to say? He's goofing off and won't ever make it back? They have high expectations also, and if he is working hard to come back, it's giving him props where it's due. If he wasn't working hard I'm sure that would be on the grapevine by now. You'd hear of him and JJ duking it out or somesuch. I don't get the improper expectations bit.

Really? Even though O'Brien and others have said they have no problem with his work ethic, you are going to keep hanging on to that media creation designed to lower his draft value so some other guy could be the number one pick? Let it go bro... let it go.

Check his sig and you'll know. Give the same weight to his posts as you do Norg's and you'll be in the clear

What are they supposed to say? He's goofing off and won't ever make it back? They have high expectations also, and if he is working hard to come back, it's giving him props where it's due. If he wasn't working hard I'm sure that would be on the grapevine by now. You'd hear of him and JJ duking it out or somesuch. I don't get the improper expectations bit.

Avoiding improper expectations for timeframe isn't difficult here. Case studies of microfracture rehab exist, and those say he won't be ready for camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back