Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jack Easterby is gone!

Texansballer74

The Marine
TBF - Caserio did have to tell the McNairs to hold out for the best trade deal on Watson. They were willing to cut their loses early on.

Caserio has made some mistakes.

I linked this video in one of my other posts. I truly believe Caserio is having to talk to the McNairs this way:

TexansBull that’s my point right there, Caserio told them and they listened. That’s why I keep saying, “ if he believes one of these quarterbacks coming out in 23 is the guy”. He’s going to draft them and the McNair’s will go along with it.
That’s why I also ask them do they trust Caserio with the draft. They claimed he’s done a good job in that department. So why wouldn’t they trust him now, that’s if he draft Young or Stroud. Will they turn on him because he doesn’t do what they wanted him to do?

Porky

Hall of Fame
I hope Nick is let go so we can start from a clean slate, but people are naive if they don’t think an owner signs off on a number 1 draft pick. It’s a very high profile pick. That’s not the same as the owner dictating the pick or making the pick. I could see Cal prodding the GM to fix the QB spot…but I doubt he demands any particular way to do it. That’s why you have a GM, a scouting dept, coaches, etc. All of those people, plus ownership will be in on that pick and they will come to a consensus.

That said, it’s Young at #1. No question in my mind now. He has everything you want in a star QB except the size. In today’s NFL, I am much less worried about his size. Discarding the very good now in some wild pursuit of the perfect later is destined to fail and is a terrible way to conduct any business.

Like these guys are robots, programmed to do certain things at certain times. Well according to our instruction pack uploaded to his Easterby deviation system, in 2024, we will have the perfect QB who will fall right into our lap no matter where we draft. There are no other teams interested, only the Texans, and any trade up will only cost us a 7th round pick in 2029. And of course, our new shiny QB will be perfect in every way, and will never get hurt or throw an untimely pick.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Again Biased against what?

History? I'm biased against history. LMAO

I'm guessing you noticed Earl didn't respond to my post on this. I'm guessing he doesn't want to be called a history denier either. BTW, if McNair makes Caserio pick a QB in this class they will win a few more games and give you the excitement you're looking for, not the SB win I'm looking for.
I made a joke and didn't want to go down that rabbit hole. But since you ask so politely. I'll respond. Bias is "a tendency to prefer one person or thing to another, and to favor that person or thing."

If Peyton Manning was in the 2023 draft and played for Clemson, you would not draft him. If Manning played for Texas A&M and his agent was Mulugheta, you wouldn't draft him. However, if Manning played for any college except Clemson or had any agent except Mulugheta, you would be okay with drafting him. See a pattern?

If the Texans draft a QB who you believe does not meet your championship criteria, neither stats, on field performance or the eye test will make you view his play through an unbiased lens. Again, no disrespect intended. Many of us are the same way. Some of us are just a little more open minded and our post history tells the story if we are stubbornly biased or more flexible with our criticism or compliments.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I made a joke and didn't want to go down that rabbit hole. But since you ask so politely. I'll respond. Bias is "a tendency to prefer one person or thing to another, and to favor that person or thing."

If Peyton Manning was in the 2023 draft and played for Clemson, you would not draft him. If Manning played for Texas A&M and his agent was Mulugheta, you wouldn't draft him. However, if Manning played for any college except Clemson or had any agent except Mulugheta, you would be okay with drafting him. See a pattern?

If the Texans draft a QB who you believe does not meet your championship criteria, neither stats, on field performance or the eye test will make you view his play through an unbiased lens. Again, no disrespect intended. Many of us are the same way. Some of us are just a little more open minded and our post history tells the story if we are stubbornly biased or more flexible with our criticism or compliments.
I think people have a low level of emotional fortitude. They can’t handle someone keeping to their opinion and not being swayed. It’s evident how their egos get hurt by their opinion not being validated by @steelbtexan.

I blame Easterby.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Some posters dont care for me much because they dont like to be proven wrong. Same thing happened when I said the McNair's were hands on owners that winning a championship was way down their line of priorities and the bottom line was always #1. In many ways they're no different than bottom line Bud. People didn't like this, but it was the truth. Still is for that matter.
This certainly used to be the way. You were spot on and often more right than you were wrong. That was until you lost your way or were hypnotized and became somewhat hypocritical when you became a Caserio fanboy. You were dead on when you said the McNairs were hands-on interfering owners.

How the hypocrisy comes into play is McNair's meddling is exactly how and why Caserio got hired. Caserio basically got hired from a Bill O'Brien recommendation. This is much the same manner (Kubiak recommendation) how Rick Smith got hired, who you loathed. The only difference is Smith did have some actual GM training before he got to Houston. Caserio did not. Because I like you, I really want to help you regain your sanity. All I need you to do is look at the light in the Neuralyzer:

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This certainly used to be the way. You were spot on and often more right than you were wrong. That was until you lost your way or were hypnotized and became somewhat hypocritical when you became a Caserio fanboy. You were dead on when you said the McNairs were hands-on interfering owners.

How the hypocrisy comes into play is McNair's meddling is exactly how and why Caserio got hired. Caserio basically got hired from a Bill O'Brien recommendation. This is much the same manner (Kubiak recommendation) how Rick Smith got hired, who you loathed. The only difference is Smith did have some actual GM training before he got to Houston. Caserio did not. Because I like you, I really want to help you regain your sanity. All I need you to do is look at the light in the Neuralyzer:

Oh things changed because I liked the Caserio hire.

BTW, Caserio was my 3rd choice for the GM job.

Dorsey
Wolf
Caserio

That doesn't mean Caserio's doing a perfect job. He's made some mistakes. But overall I think he's done a very solid job in this rebuild.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Any other team & you might be right. This team... if there's a possibility something might go wrong, it's going to go wrong.
Nailed it. Before I read your post I was thinking of how to phrase the same reply, but you said it perfectly.

Other teams, with good coaching staffs and player development programs, could probably have success with Young.

But we're talking about the Texans, so drafting a short QB with injury history is clearly a peak into the future. He'll be a project QB that will not get the support from the numbskulls on Kirby.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Nailed it. Before I read your post I was thinking of how to phrase the same reply, but you said it perfectly.

Other teams, with good coaching staffs and player development programs, could probably have success with Young.

But we're talking about the Texans, so drafting a short QB with injury history is clearly a peak into the future. He'll be a project QB that will not get the support from the numbskulls on Kirby.
Injury history?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Injury history?
tbh, I don't follow college ball and just relayed what I'd heard on the radio about the dude. Being the Texans pessimist that I am, I just assumed this would be what the Texans would do. lol

So Google search to see what the radio mouths were talking about, and maybe this is it?

The Alabama football quarterback injured his throwing shoulder in the game against Arkansas on Oct. 1. He left in the second quarter and has not played since. Saban called it a "little AC sprain" in Young's shoulder after Arkansas. Source
But I see that he's played since then so what do I know? lol idonno:

I just figure an undersized QB with the Texans is asking for trouble based on, y'know, the Texans and all.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
tbh, I don't follow college ball and just relayed what I'd heard on the radio about the dude. Being the Texans pessimist that I am, I just assumed this would be what the Texans would do. lol

So Google search to see what the radio mouths were talking about, and maybe this is it?

But I see that he's played since then so what do I know? lol idonno:

I just figure an undersized QB with the Texans is asking for trouble based on, y'know, the Texans and all.
yeah, that's the only injury in his history I could find but doesn't seem a big deal

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Ummm, he's 5 - 24 - 1. Since Nick joined the Texans they have taken 3 steps backward. Still waiting for that first step forward. Then again I'm not a Caserio fanboy.
Exactly how did you think the rebuild would go.

I'm not surprised by where they are at this time in the rebuild.

Are you?

He's done a good job of acquiring talent and I say this when he didn't draft the way I would have. He doesn't hire the HC's which is a bigger issue.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club

Are you?

He's done a good job of acquiring talent and I say this when he didn't draft the way I would have. He doesn't hire the HC's which is a bigger issue.
Some people don’t acknowledge the extreme pit O’Brien left us in and expect a quick turn around.

The bounty for Watson will help but that too takes a couple of years to reap the benefits.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Some people don’t acknowledge the extreme pit O’Brien left us in and expect a quick turn around.

The bounty for Watson will help but that too takes a couple of years to reap the benefits.
Cooper no they don’t. Some people just have to stick to their own personal agenda towards Caserio. Dude never wanted him from the get go, so his takes will always be negative. He will never give him a chance.

Texian

Hall of Fame

Are you?

I'm not surprised at all because I knew from the get-go the Caserio hire was going to major FUBAR and SNAFU of epic proportions. I think I've been quite clear in my objections to hiring Caserio, and said at the time he would turn out to be just another Belichick admin. AND HE IS.

I was against Caserio hiring David Culley but I can't take much credit for that because everyone in the football world knew this was a major FUBAR. AND IT WAS. I knew when the Texans traded for Marcus Cannon and gave up valuable draft capital for a player who was going to be cut was a SNAFU. AND IT WAS. It also added OVER $6 MM to the Texans' cap instead of the vet minimum had they waited for the Pats to cut him.

When Caserio resigned David Johnson to a $6MM contract I said at the time that was another SNAFU. AND IT WAS.

I said before the season started that Caserio needed to cut B McKinney, D Johnson, Z Fulton, Du Johnson,
B Dunn, trade B Cook, release JJ Watt, and save over $54MM in cap space.

Caserio only had 27 players under contract and instead choose instead to restructure every contract he could. The Caserio restructure of Cooks's contract TWICE made Cooks untradeable. Several of those restructured contracts were cut a few months later. Overall Caserio created over $50MM in dead money so he could sign a bunch of over-the-hill players to 1-year contracts to fill out the 2021 roster.

A fiduciary and a responsible fiscal money manager Caserio IS NOT. I know you keep saying the salary cap is going up and that is true. The problem is Caserio does not know how to balance a checkbook and has no clue how to negotiate a contract. This and the fact that the people who understand the accounting and legal aspects of an NFL contract the Texans fired.

I said at the time Caserio wasted several mid-round 2022 draft picks to sign players like Anthony Miller who were going to be cut and were in fact cut by the Texans weeks/months later. Knowing that the 2022 draft day 2 and day 3 talent was loaded was also a real head-scratcher.

I said at the time drafting Davis Mills was a mistake. AND IT WAS. I said at the time giving up valuable 2022 draft capital to move up to draft Collins was a mistake. AND IT WAS. I said the Texans should've started rebuilding first from the inside out and drafted Quinn Meinerz who is now starting right guard for Denver.

I said at the time, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players in the 2021 draft was a huge FUBAR and several steps backward, especially for a rebuild. AND IT HAS BEEN.

Caserio's second attempt at hiring his 2nd HC was a bigger circus to watch than his first. It was so bad that Cal, Cal, had to step in to prevent another MAJOR FUBAR.

In the beginning, I was somewhat on board with the Lovie hiring until I witnessed his Backyard BBQ Draft using the "Wheel of Fortune" process with all of the assistant coaches to make draft picks. I knew right then and there that when I said the Texans would piss away the Watson ransom, I was watching it happen right before my eyes and the ransom would be wasted and the ROI would also be a major FUBAR and SNAFU. It's Happening!

So am I surprised that the attempt at a rebuild compares much more favorably to a demolition? No, I am not. The math is adding up pretty much just like I thought it would. Ummm that would mean negative numbers and negative yardage.

You keep using the word REBUILD. I don't think the word REBUILD means what you think it means.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
He has earned credit. Especially with that Watson situation in which the owners wanted him gone right then and there. He has helped fixed their cap situation and he’s done a solid job with the draft.
I've yet to see anything that suggested Watson could have been traded anytime before he actually was dealt. There's a strong case to be made that Caserio's cap maneuvering has hurt the team's cap issues, or at the least not maximized their cap. His drafts are still TBD, though I would say at this point they are a mixed bag, at best. Trading up (seemingly unnecessarily) has not shown to be a good strategy.

Your post is a very good example of what I was referring to.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Cooper no they don’t. Some people just have to stick to their own personal agenda towards Caserio. Dude never wanted him from the get go, so his takes will always be negative. He will never give him a chance.
I want to be mad with the negative Caserio crowd, but Nick has not given us middle grounders enough material to make a paragraph of goodness about.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Quick? We're not looking much better going into 2023 than we did going into 2021.

I remember when Caserio got to work. There were many people complaining about the way he was going about "rebuilding" this team. I gave him slack. I acknowledged all the reasons he might have chosen to go the way he did.

Now, I don't like where his plan got us. So I'm eating crow here. Those guys were right.

In 2021, this should have been the youngest team in the league. No Free Agents eating up more cap than a rookie 5th/6th/7th round pick or UDFA. Doesn't matter if it was a 1 year deal. The more money we don't spend on players, the quicker we eat up the dead money. & that's another thing. We should have let players go when their deal ran out, not pushing dead money to sign a FA that takes up more cap than a rookie 5th/6th/7th round pick or UDFA

2022, we should still be one of the youngest teams in the league. We should be clear of dead money going into 2023. Not arguing whether Caserio should be fired or not... not at this moment. I'm saying if he were to get fired at the end of the season, we should have the talent, the cap, & the draft picks to entice a GM to want to be here.

All but one of our premium 2022 draft picks have missed significant time due to injury. None of the 2021 draft picks look like they have a job to lose going into 2023. Roy Lopez, but he's not starting on many other teams. Brevin Jordan isn't. Nico Collins isn't. Garrett Wallow isn't. & Davis Mills isn't.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

The problem is they kept digging and the pit just got deeper.

Other teams hire people and actually turn it around to rebuild. We see it all the time.

If we're objective, we don't even know if they have people the the building capable of a rebuild. That remains to be seen.

I don't hate Caserio, but I'm just not impressed with him so far.

If they could hire Sean Payton (yeah, I know, fat chance) and he wanted to clean house, including Caserio, I would not have a problem with it.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don’t know anybody who was expecting a quick turn around. I certainly wasn’t. But I was expecting to see some forward momentum. That still has yet to materialize.

He has helped fixed their cap situation and he’s done a solid job with the draft.
Solid job with the draft? That’s too funny. Draft #1 is looking like he shit the bed so far, and draft #2 isn’t getting off to a good start. Pierce and Pitre the only ones there showing much potential.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
TexansBull that’s my point right there, Caserio told them and they listened. That’s why I keep saying, “ if he believes one of these quarterbacks coming out in 23 is the guy”. He’s going to draft them and the McNair’s will go along with it.
That’s why I also ask them do they trust Caserio with the draft. They claimed he’s done a good job in that department. So why wouldn’t they trust him now, that’s if he draft Young or Stroud. Will they turn on him because he doesn’t do what they wanted him to do?
Something I see all the time on this board, and I don’t really understand why people do it, is having a ‘take’ and sticking to it black and white no matter what.
Ive noticed it from pro-Kubiak/anti-Rick Smith guys, people who were very pro OBrien on the basis that it was different from Kubiak, and the opposite from others being very anti etc.

I personally have some doubt about Caserio, but I believe that the coaching has been so bad the last 2 years, and the situation he took on was so bad with no picks and a huge black hole in the cap space, I mean, that’s got to be rare hasn’t it, for a team to be devoid of talent, in the red in cap space, and have frittered away future draft picks, so you still have to invest some more time in him. I see a lot of good things he’s done and a lot you can question.

The questionable stuff I can see the rationale whether I agree or not.

Most people are now in agreement that ownership has been a huge issue. Coaching obviously needs to change. There’s signs that ownership is changing the way it operates due to Easterby being gone….we have to wait and see how it pans out.

I don’t believe for a second that they won’t completely clean house on the coaching staff this season, it’s been needed for some time, there’s been a holdover from OBrien that should have been wiped clean, and that was due to Easterby.

For better or worse, we are along for the ride with Caserio imho, and I’ll hope for the best that he can turn it around.

It’ll all depend on the coaching staff they bring in and while it doesn’t get talked about so much, that is as big a gamble as 1st round QBs in the NFL. Sink or swim move.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I've yet to see anything that suggested Watson could have been traded anytime before he actually was dealt. There's a strong case to be made that Caserio's cap maneuvering has hurt the team's cap issues, or at the least not maximized their cap. His drafts are still TBD, though I would say at this point they are a mixed bag, at best. Trading up (seemingly unnecessarily) has not shown to be a good strategy.

Your post is a very good example of what I was referring to.
The McNairs wanted him out of there asap. Nick told them to hold their cards so he could a better deal.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
In my case, its benefit of the doubt given the circumstances he came into…not credit.
The talk here is no different than it has been for anyone ever employed by the Texans or their employer. There will never be anyone that gets the support of all or that gets denounced by all. People need to stop getting worked up by what other people post on this MB because it doesn't mean squat.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I'm not surprised at all because I knew from the get-go the Caserio hire was going to major FUBAR and SNAFU of epic proportions. I think I've been quite clear in my objections to hiring Caserio, and said at the time he would turn out to be just another Belichick admin. AND HE IS.

I was against Caserio hiring David Culley but I can't take much credit for that because everyone in the football world knew this was a major FUBAR. AND IT WAS. I knew when the Texans traded for Marcus Cannon and gave up valuable draft capital for a player who was going to be cut was a SNAFU. AND IT WAS. It also added OVER $6 MM to the Texans' cap instead of the vet minimum had they waited for the Pats to cut him.

When Caserio resigned David Johnson to a $6MM contract I said at the time that was another SNAFU. AND IT WAS.

I said before the season started that Caserio needed to cut B McKinney, D Johnson, Z Fulton, Du Johnson,
B Dunn, trade B Cook, release JJ Watt, and save over $54MM in cap space.

Caserio only had 27 players under contract and instead choose instead to restructure every contract he could. The Caserio restructure of Cooks's contract TWICE made Cooks untradeable. Several of those restructured contracts were cut a few months later. Overall Caserio created over $50MM in dead money so he could sign a bunch of over-the-hill players to 1-year contracts to fill out the 2021 roster.

A fiduciary and a responsible fiscal money manager Caserio IS NOT. I know you keep saying the salary cap is going up and that is true. The problem is Caserio does not know how to balance a checkbook and has no clue how to negotiate a contract. This and the fact that the people who understand the accounting and legal aspects of an NFL contract the Texans fired.

I said at the time Caserio wasted several mid-round 2022 draft picks to sign players like Anthony Miller who were going to be cut and were in fact cut by the Texans weeks/months later. Knowing that the 2022 draft day 2 and day 3 talent was loaded was also a real head-scratcher.

I said at the time drafting Davis Mills was a mistake. AND IT WAS. I said at the time giving up valuable 2022 draft capital to move to draft Collins was a mistake. AND IT WAS. I said the Texans should've started rebuilding first from the inside out and drafted Quinn Meinerz who is now starting right guard for Denver.

I said at the time, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players in the 2021 draft was a huge FUBAR and several steps backward, especially for a rebuild. AND IT HAS BEEN.

Caserio's second attempt at hiring his 2nd HC was a bigger circus to watch than his first. It was so bad that Cal, Cal, had to step in to prevent another MAJOR FUBAR.

In the beginning, I was somewhat on board with the Lovie hiring until I witnessed his Backyard BBQ Draft using the "Wheel of Fortune" process with all of the assistant coaches to make draft picks. I knew right then and there when I said the Texans would piss away the Watson ransom, I was watching it happen right before my eyes and the ransom would be wasted and the ROI would also be a major FUBAR and SNAFU.

So am I surprised that the attempt at a rebuild compares much more favorably to a demolition? No, I am not. The math is adding up pretty much just like I thought it would. Ummm that would mean negative numbers and negative yardage.

You keep using the word REBUILD. I don't think the word REBUILD means what you think it means.
What does FUBAR mean? Seriously

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
In 2021, this should have been the youngest team in the league.
Which really translates to nothing other than them being young. Sure YOU'D feel better about the percieved "direction", but that's all it would be, feel good sentiment for fans, nothing more. We'd most likely be in the same win/loss situation we're in right now with a bunch of young guys out on the field as we are with these older veterans & it wouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of it all. Case and point, the youngest team in the league this year? The Browns. The 6th oldest team in the league? The Bills.

We should be clear of dead money going into 2023. Not arguing whether Caserio should be fired or not... not at this moment. I'm saying if he were to get fired at the end of the season, we should have the talent, the cap, & the draft picks to entice a GM to want to be here.
1, all of this is still in play b/c of NC & how he handled the cap & it was going to be that way for 2023 despite some of those in here critcizing some of the moves he made...or didn't make with certain FA contracts and/or bad contracts created by the previous regime. None of those moves were going to speed up or slow down the process of straigtening out our cap any faster than it has happened. #2, no team is ever clear of dead money anyway. Over 1/2 the league is carrying at least 20 mil in dead money RIGHT NOW....so it was unrealistic for some in here to think that we were gonna get our cap straight any earlier than 2023 and have it "clean as a whistle".

All but one of our premium 2022 draft picks have missed significant time due to injury. None of the 2021 draft picks look like they have a job to lose going into 2023. Roy Lopez, but he's not starting on many other teams. Brevin Jordan isn't. Nico Collins isn't. Garrett Wallow isn't. & Davis Mills isn't.
exaggerating a bit here. Despite being injured a ton in his rookie year...which isn't uncommon for these young guys coming into the league hitting the wall trying to play a 16-17 game schedule for the 1st time, Green has not missed "significant" time. Pitre hasn't missed any time, Metchie is an extenuating circumstance type situation unrelated to football. & although Harris has missed significant time, Our 4th rounder hasn't & has shown everyone that some team should've used a premium pick on him, so at worst, its a 50/50 split. Everyone thought KGH was worthy of bringing back last year..this year he comes in & you find out why he was out there in the 1st place...So as far as the 2021 draft...pretty sure not a single 1 of those guys will survive NOT being at least demoted with a draft pick or FA next year.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The talk here is no different than it has been for anyone ever employed by the Texans or their employer. There will never be anyone that gets the support of all or that gets denounced by all. People need to stop getting worked up by what other people post on this MB because it doesn't mean squat.
Yep, the fan base here has had no shortage of whipping boys that they pick and choose to blame all the Texans' woes on whether it be Cal, BoB, Easterby or DW4. NC is just the latest b/c he hasn't turned the team around to be SB contenders in 2 years...Lol. & like Steelb, they can always come out "right" b/c the Texans keep on losing. Its funny tho b/c not too long ago all 4 of the above mentioned whipping boys were just here in the building and the Texans were roughly about 1/2 a football game away from advancing to the AFCCG....

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yep, the fan base here has had no shortage of whipping boys that they pick and choose to blame all the Texans' woes on whether it be Cal, BoB, Easterby or DW4. NC is just the latest b/c he hasn't turned the team around to be SB contenders in 2 years...Lol. & like Steelb, they can always come out "right" b/c the Texans keep on losing. Its funny tho b/c not too long ago all 4 of the above mentioned whipping boys were just here in the building and the Texans were roughly about 1/2 a football game away from advancing to the AFCCG....
It's no different than any other fan base. I hear they are clamoring to fire Belichick in NE. That blows my mind considering the success he has been a part of for two decades.

Part of the inherent frustration of Houston football fans is this city has never experienced a championship football team at the NFL level. There is an accumulated frustration that any given coach or GM gets dumped on their laps as a result.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Part of the inherent frustration of Houston football fans is this city has never experienced a championship football team at the NFL level. There is an accumulated frustration that any given coach or GM gets dumped on their laps as a result.
Because most don't remember or count the AFL of early Oilers

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The McNairs wanted him out of there asap.
When were the McNairs ever in the equation? Watson had the no trade clause and never lifted it until the Browns trade. The McNairs never wanted Watson to suit up for the team, and he didn't. Neither did Watson, so that wasn't an issue.

I don't see the heavy lifting you think Caserio did.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
I don’t know anybody who was expecting a quick turn around. I certainly wasn’t. But I was expecting to see some forward momentum. That still has yet to materialize.

Solid job with the draft? That’s too funny. Draft #1 is looking like he shit the bed so far, and draft #2 isn’t getting off to a good start. Pierce and Pitre the only ones there showing much potential.
I’m no Caserio fan boy, and at this point I don’t see what his strategy is to actually turn it around but I know that anyone would have had a deep hole because of the contracts and loss of draft picks and crazy trades left by O’Brien.