Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jack Easterby is gone!

How do you know you can win with Caserio? It's funny, I was reading some old post when you stated RS should gamble on players with injury history. Loom up and Caserio draft 2 guys with a medical and I didn't see a post about it.
What should he have said? He agrees with Caserio drafting talented players despite their injuries? I thought he made it pretty plain that he was okay with Caserio's picks if not the cost to get them. Or did you want to see a special acclimation about not letting injuries stop him?

Who goes back through someone’s old posts from years ago (?) to try to catch someone in a contradiction?

That’s just plain weird. And silly. I wish you the best in trying to find something better to do with your time.

Or is that the internet today?

Middle aged men searching through years old posts trying to find something? Are we to assume someone’s opinion on a matter can’t evolve but must remain stagnant? Because that is what your implying by your actions.
It wasn't searching, I have a pretty good memory and some have amnesia. You know why dudes don't argue in the barbershop anymore? Google. Old posts are like our google.

How do you know you can win with Caserio? It's funny, I was reading some old post when you stated RS should gamble on players with injury history. Loom up and Caserio draft 2 guys with a medical and I didn't see a post about it.
You don't, but he's had a better draft than any of RS 12 drafts. IMHO

I've always said rds 5-7 are the rds to take chances on talented but troubled guys and guys that are talented but have injury histories. I stand by this.

BTW, I wouldn't have picked Metchie or Williams for this reason.

It wasn't searching, I have a pretty good memory and some have amnesia. You know why dudes don't argue in the barbershop anymore? Google. Old posts are like our google.

BS.

You said in your post you were reading so obviously it wasn’t from memory.

Doing that reeks of desperation and is such a reach. You are searching for something else. You know it.

I argue all the time in my barbershop and bars. Just not with someone who has a tape recorder reminding me of what I said 5 years ago. If I want that type of conversation I would talk to my wife.

Old posts from years ago are dead and gone. That was then and this is now.

If you can’t have a conversation without googling something you must be a millennial or gen z. That would explain it.

Insulting members, not to mention an entire generation, and women in general. You’re having quite the morning.

Sorry, I went back to read your posts.

I don’t know how any of that is an insult toward a member…If I am to be a ray of sunshine this morning than so be it.

bfeb3bdefb1015283bd3f6df38e3a7a7.jpg

BS.

You said in your post you were reading so obviously it wasn’t from memory.

Doing that reeks of desperation and is such a reach. You are searching for something else. You know it.

I argue all the time in my barbershop and bars. Just not with someone who has a tape recorder reminding me of what I said 5 years ago. If I want that type of conversation I would talk to my wife.

Old posts from years ago are dead and gone. That was then and this is now.

If you can’t have a conversation without googling something you must be a millennial or gen z. That would explain it.
Bro, I'm 51, so think what you think. I know people can change their opinions given new information. Just be consistent and not biased because you like or dislike someone. Objectivity, that's it. So call me whatever name that makes you feel better.

I've always said rds 5-7 are the rds to take chances on talented but troubled guys and guys that are talented but have injury histories. I stand by this.

Time will tell as usual. You know they're not going to draft those talented, but trouble guys.

Couldn’t have been no earlier than 2018 b/c Smith was still here in 2017…Easterby arrived in 2019. Regardless, We can say it was “inevitable” that NC would be here b/c they had been courting him for a while before Easterby got here…….. but he wasn’t here……despite all the money being thrown around….Mind you BoB was also a guy connected to NC as well & im sure had tried to lure NC as well….however he didnt officially arrive until after Easterby was brought in and we know he played a pivotal role in that…make of that what you will.

Bob McNair tried to interview Caserio in January 2018. It wasn't money but a contract that prevented the hire. Same in June 2019. It wasn't about money, it was a contract.

It's hearsay that Easterby provided a "pivotal" role in hiring Caserio. It's pure speculation that is no different than the ramblings of Lopez on the other end. And even if true, it still remains to be seen if Caserio is really the savior, and perhaps it's the one nut Jack the blind squirrel finally found.

Regardless, Easterby was a symptom of dysfunctional ownership. What he did or did not do here is ultimately pointless, because he was just another sycophant for clueless owners that still don't know what they are doing and are praying that Nick Caserio can save their hapless and floundering franchise.

So at the end of the day i just think folks are trying too hard to try to link the guy to everything bad that has been going on with this franchise….as if to say the Texans were a model organization before he arrived. We all know thats not true. What’s the saying around here? The Texans are a marketing company with a football division? Thats about as accurate a statement as any pre-easterby.

the truth is the biggest mess that actually did the most damage & caused the most dysfunction was with DW4…& that had next to nothing to do with Easterby.

Hell just yesterday I’m listening to 790 and they’re consumed with “why” he was all of a sudden let go of now…….like there just had to be something he did that finally got him canned…and Wex surprised me by giving a well-reasoned take on the matter…but its like, what, each party couldn’t have just agreed to move on?

its ok to dislike the guy for whatever reason, but acknowledge that he may also have done some good.

According to some, Easterby was hired for cleaning up the locker room and instead was part of signing Watson to a mega-contract. Watson operated right under his nose, including using team equipment, obtaining NDAs from team employees, and even using the team's connections for local hotel rooms. All of that right under the watch of the so-called "culture expert". So whatever "good" he was supposed to accomplish here, the truth is that he, O'Brien, and Cal McNair were utterly clueless about the lifestyle of their star player when they gave him a massive contract complete with an NTC.

Looks like a chump to me, but I'm just a fan.

Easterby did a interview post termination. Here are some samples from Landry Locker’s video. He has the full interview linked somewhere.
It's like throwing phrases into a blender with the top off, and looking at what order they hit the floor.

12 month evaluation. 12 month evaluation. Fixed asset. 12 month evaluation. Fixed asset.

Alert! Alert! We have an unfixed asset! We have an unfixed asset!

Fixed asset. Fixed asset.

12 month evaluation.

It's like throwing phrases into a blender with the top off, and looking at what order they hit the floor.

12 month evaluation. 12 month evaluation. Fixed asset. 12 month evaluation. Fixed asset.

Alert! Alert! We have an unfixed asset! We have an unfixed asset!

Fixed asset. Fixed asset.

12 month evaluation.

I didn’t hear the whole interview. He never said on why he was let go but that’s a classic diversionary tactic. Talk a whole bunch without saying anything to make people think you answered the question because they forgot what they asked in the first place and because so many fancy words were used then the person asking the questions just moves on.

I read through 4 transcripts of Caserio’s press conferences and didn’t hear that type of verbiage.

I think the way Easterby talks may impress Cal and Janice but I think a lot of other people weren’t fooled.

The last draft, Caserio was afforded extra picks.

Rick Smith had had many solid drafts with fewer picks.

Duane Brown, franchised LT at no. 26 (Home Run)
Slaton late 3rd, Adibi late 4th, both are contributors.
Slaton 1,656 total yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs as a rookie.
(His value diminished with injuries, including concussions and the emergence of Foster as an UDFA.)

Cushing mid first, Barwin mid 2, Quinn mid 4th, Casey mid 5th , McCain mid 6th.
That's a very good draft.
If you add Foster as an UDFA (Home run), that's a great draft.

KJ late first, Tate late 2nd, Mitchell late 3rd, Sharpton early 4th , Graham late 4th.
That's a very solid draft.

J J Watt (11) (Home run) , Brooks Reed (42), Keo (144), Yates (152) that's where you take a backup QB, Newton (217, 7th round) (better value than the turnstile at RT for the last several years).

Brooks was another Home Run at 76 and Jones very solid at 99. So was Crick.
Mercilus wasn't great at 26, but he was good enough that OB decided to extend him.

The last draft, Caserio was afforded extra picks.

Rick Smith had had many solid drafts with fewer picks.

Duane Brown, franchised LT at no. 26 (Home Run)
Slaton late 3rd, Adibi late 4th, both are contributors.
Slaton 1,656 total yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs as a rookie.
(His value diminished with injuries, including concussions and the emergence of Foster as an UDFA.)

Cushing mid first, Barwin mid 2, Quinn mid 4th, Casey mid 5th , McCain mid 6th.
That's a very good draft.
If you add Foster as an UDFA (Home run), that's a great draft.

KJ late first, Tate late 2nd, Mitchell late 3rd, Sharpton early 4th , Graham late 4th.
That's a very solid draft.

J J Watt (11) (Home run) , Brooks Reed (42), Keo (144), Yates (152) that's where you take a backup QB, Newton (217, 7th round) (better value than the turnstile at RT for the last several years).

Brooks was another Home Run at 76 and Jones very solid at 99. So was Crick.
Mercilus wasn't great at 26, but he was good enough that OB decided to extend him.

Hold up, you mean Smith drafted guys in the middle rounds that turned out to be pro's. Nah, that can't be true. 🤣 🤣

Hold up, you mean Smith drafted guys in the middle rounds that turned out to be pro's. Nah, that can't be true. 🤣 🤣
Not to mention Ricky and Kubiak was able to trade for Myers for a song and brought in guys like Salaam. Brissiel, and Wade Smith on the cheap.

Nick Caserio has not done bad; I just don't see any HR through two drafts and free agencies.

The score board certainly tells a story.

SteelbTexan loves to tell us how 2-14 is 2-14 and all sort of excuses.

It's like Caserio has more constraints from the McNairs than Rick Smith did.

All the while, he's telling us that we're biased against Caserio.

It's laughable how Steelb is in ya'lls head so bad :lol:
To be fair. The SteelB technique is very effective. You forget the B in @steelbtexan is for biased. Then he repeats his opinion so frequently that you think it's several posters who have that opinion. Even when you realize it's only one poster, you've read it so frequently, it sticks in your head.

Wow. @steelbtexan is using the Easterby technique on this forum. :lol:

To be fair. The SteelB technique is very effective. You forget the B in @steelbtexan is for biased. Then he repeats his opinion so frequently that you think it's several posters who have that opinion. Even when you realize it's only one poster, you've read it so frequently, it sticks in your head.

One of y’all’s problems is that Steel is so strong in his beliefs and y’all can’t sway him from it. Not even an inch.

It keeps y’all up at night. Instead of not caring and moving on y’all let it eat away at you.

Look at 76. That dude is bringing up stuff from almost a decade ago remembering conversations. That ain’t healthy.

I have disagreed with steel a number of times about Watson and OB. You know what I did - I replied - yea not going down that rabbit hole. And ignored. Just let it go.

Y’all don’t see capable of that.

But I like y’all for it. Y’all keep it going. It gives me something to do while I eat popcorn.

And I don’t think he is anymore biased than what other posters are.

I have disagreed with steel a number of times about Watson and OB. You know what I did - I replied - yea not going down that rabbit hole. And ignored. Just let it go.
That's just it! I disagree with much he says, but also in hindsight he has made some good points that are only seen in hindsight. So I let him rant, make a comment and let it go. Many here are just as opinionated and stubborn but they don't repeat the same info near as much. Too many are hunters and love going down that rabbit hole. If he was ignored steelbtexan wouldn't have near the fun he does now.

LMAO. I heard some of Easterby’s comments. Instead of simply saying a player is injured or unavailable, Easterby says, “participation deviation”.

No wonder he fooled the McNairs. They didn’t understand half the crap he was saying.

Hey, now I have a new saying when she claims she has a headache or one of us say "I'm tired" its just “participation deviation”. Thanks Jack!

Last edited:
That's just it! I disagree with much he says, but also in hindsight he has made some good points that are only seen in hindsight. So I let him rant, make a comment and let it go. Many here are just as opinionated and stubborn but they don't repeat the same info near as much. Too many are hunters and love going down that rabbit hole. If he was ignored steelbtexan wouldn't have near the fun he does now.

Honestly I just assumed most of the members that get riled up, chase each other around trying to get the upper hand in their debates are RETIRED! Turns out that of course I'm wrong and its just a "you do you" thing. Which hey you do you, it would just wear me out and I get enough of that crap with 30 years of marriage.

Seeing how Jack was responsible for Cal hiring Nick Caserio, I would say you could use this as a leading indicator and foreshadowing of things to come. By that I mean, this puts Nick Caserio squarely on the HOT SEAT.
You see what you want to see. It could also be a leading indicator that Janice/Cal finally saw through his fog

Seeing how Jack was responsible for Cal hiring Nick Caserio, I would say you could use this as a leading indicator and foreshadowing of things to come. By that I mean, this puts Nick Caserio squarely on the HOT SEAT.

Caserio was Daddy McNair’s target…..Janice and Cal just followed through once he was legally available to sign.

Caserio was Daddy McNair’s target…..Janice and Cal just followed through once he was legally available to sign.
Bill O’Brien first recommended Caserio to Bob. After Cal took over O’Brien hired Easterby and they pressured Cal to hire Caserio. O’Brien and Easterby have both been fired and Caserio will soon follow.

Biased about what.

And I just answer other posters posts with my opinions. You gotta problem with that?

Fact is the McNair's are about to screw this rebuild up all in the name of marketing and money. Does this really surprise you at all? They're going to be the Bills reaching for E.J. Manuel (Hyperbole) and the results will be improved play on the field but no championships.

Spot on take right here. Lol

Biased about what.

And I just answer other posters posts with my opinions. You gotta problem with that?

Fact is the McNair's are about to screw this rebuild up all in the name of marketing and money. Does this really surprise you at all? They're going to be the Bills reaching for E.J. Manuel (Hyperbole) and the results will be improved play on the field but no championships.
So now Young and Stroud are EJ Manuel: wow off the got darn chains.

And again Caserio will draft what’s best for the team. Why can’t you trust him in that department. So the McNairs made all the draft selection in 22.

So now Young and Stroud are EJ Manuel: wow off the got darn chains.

And again Caserio will draft what’s best for the team. Why can’t you trust him in that department. So the McNairs made all the draft selection in 22.

Do you know the meaning of the word hyperbole, which is clearly in my post?

I know the McNair's made the calls on Carr/Clowney and I suspect they will make the call on 1-1 again this yr.

Last week Stroud was 10-15 best in the league. Dude says wild stuff
That's what he will be. IMHO How good do you think he will be? Just remember the young great guys already in the league, Hurts/Burrow/Herbert/Mahomes/Allen/and guys like Williams/Maye/Manning coming. Heck you probably think you're towel boy hero is a better QB than Stroud. Do you think Young will be better than Stroud? I do until he gets hurt. Those are just off of the top of my head and doesn't even take into account that guys with more natural ability could improve and be better than Stroud. (Levis/Ewers/Klubnik/ The dude from A&M etc...)

Spot on take right here. Lol

Again Biased against what?

History? I'm biased against history. LMAO

I'm guessing you noticed Earl didn't respond to my post on this. I'm guessing he doesn't want to be called a history denier either. BTW, if McNair makes Caserio pick a QB in this class they will win a few more games and give you the excitement you're looking for, not the SB win I'm looking for.

Again Biased against what?

History? I'm biased against history. LMAO

I'm guessing you noticed Earl didn't respond to my post on this. I'm guessing he doesn't want to be called a history denier either. BTW, if McNair makes Caserio pick a QB in this class they will win a few more games and give you the excitement you're looking for, not the SB win I'm looking for.

If the McNairs continue to undermine their general managers, this franchise will never achieve anything significant.

Personally, I think they are too arrogant to recognize and admit their own limitations, so I will never expect this franchise to be more than it's ever been.

It's sad that an awesome fan base in this city has been squandered by 7 decades of crappy owners.

So who did The McNairs tell Caserio to draft in 22? When Watson was still here what was the McNair’s doing? Why haven’t the McNair’s said anything throughout this entire season?
Yes when his daddy was alive, Bob told them to get him a darn quarterback. Why? Because O’Brien was on a darn benching spree. Not only was he on a benching spree, we had a record breaking number of quarterbacks in two years who started.

So you savy businessmen wouldn’t have said nothing when you noticed a big freaking problem going on?

So who did The McNairs tell Caserio to draft in 22? When Watson was still here what was the McNair’s doing? Why haven’t the McNair’s said anything throughout this entire season?
Yes when his daddy was alive, Bob told them to get him a darn quarterback. Why? Because O’Brien was on a darn benching spree. Not only was he on a benching spree, we had a record breaking number of quarterbacks in two years who started.

So you savy businessmen wouldn’t have said nothing when you noticed a big freaking problem going on?

TBF - Caserio did have to tell the McNairs to hold out for the best trade deal on Watson. They were willing to cut their loses early on.

Caserio has made some mistakes.

I linked this video in one of my other posts. I truly believe Caserio is having to talk to the McNairs this way:

Back