Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Jack Easterby is gone!

Double Barrel

Clown Hunter
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's Janice that goes to the owner meetings
According to the Houston Texans themselves, Cal attends meetings, as well. I have found pictures of him at NFL owners meetings. I have not seen one of Janice attending, but she might be shy about pictures.

"McNair regularly attends NFL meetings as part of team management, chairs the NFL Audit Committee and serves on the NFL Investment Committee."

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
According to the Houston Texans themselves, Cal attends meetings, as well. I have found pictures of him at NFL owners meetings. I have not seen one of Janice attending, but she might be shy about pictures.

"McNair regularly attends NFL meetings as part of team management, chairs the NFL Audit Committee and serves on the NFL Investment Committee."
I found two sources that said she represented the Texans at NFL functions including owners meetings, but both sources could be coming from something McClain wrote back in 2019
Following her husband's death in 2018, McNair became the team's principal owner, with the title of "senior chair".[1] Her son Cal is the current CEO and day-to-day head of the franchise.[4] However, Janice represents the Texans at NFL owners meetings and other league functions.[3]
link

Double Barrel

Clown Hunter
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I found two sources that said she represented the Texans at NFL functions including owners meetings, but both sources could be coming from something McClain wrote back in 2019
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janice_McNair#cite_note-auto-3
link
Yep. I would assume both Janice and Cal are representing the franchise at owners meetings. Cal is obviously a little more involved being on a couple of NFL committees. But, Janice is 86 years old so I doubt she wants to spend much time in meetings and dealing with NFL red tape. lol