Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jack Easterby is gone!

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I agree about the most money. CnD reported this is what Derrick wanted before the season and look at the QB room as an example. I dont expect Stefanski to be there after this season and you wanna bet a contributors club membership that the next HC of the Browns will be a minority hire?
I poked dams in that theory, but I don't feel like rehashing it. Stefanski is going to be there until he gets at least a full season with Watson. Before the season I said they would be a 5 to 6 win team before Warson comes back and when he got back, they would probably go 4-2 for 9 wins. They've blown several games they should've won because Jacoby has made rookie ints at critical moments. That division isn't what people thought it would be preseason just like the AFC west, NFC East,and NFC West. Alot of teams are just kind of mulking around. Its Buffalo and everyone else in the afc

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I poked dams in that theory, but I don't feel like rehashing it. Stefanski is going to be there until he gets at least a full season with Watson. Before the season I said they would be a 5 to 6 win team before Warson comes back and when he got back, they would probably go 4-2 for 9 wins. They've blown several games they should've won because Jacoby has made rookie ints at critical moments. That division isn't what people thought it would be preseason just like the AFC west, NFC East,and NFC West. Alot of teams are just kind of mulking around. Its Buffalo and everyone else in the afc
Dont sell the Chiefs short even though they lost to the Bills and I'm still a believer in the Bengals

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Nah, in Mobile, Al. Its really cool though. Met a bunch of heavyweights there. I haven't been since before covid
I don't think many could do that... getting together to watch the Senior Bowl game would be cool though

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
So the coach doesn't count? He went to Cleveland because they guaranteed the most money and they had the best roster. Look at the teams he was interested in or those that put their hat in the ring. How many had any people of color as gm,hc? None. You're overblowing the people of color angle. Berry in Cleveland along with the previous gm from KC and GB assembled a pretty good roster
The QB room has totally changed once he got there. I think they moved everyone that didn't conform out

texanhead08

All Pro
Easterby and BOB were joined at hip they together gave those horrible contracts to Mercilus, Cunningham, and Watson ( no reason at all for a no trade). The when the 20 season goes south Easterby goes behind BOB's back and uses the players to get BOB fired.

Its been said that anybody that Easterby and BOB didn't hire was viewed as a threat and were sent packing. There have been reports of BOB firing them and cussing employees out when he did which is totally uncalled for at any company.

Texansballer74

The Marine
So the coach doesn't count? He went to Cleveland because they guaranteed the most money and they had the best roster. Look at the teams he was interested in or those that put their hat in the ring. How many had any people of color as gm,hc? None. You're overblowing the people of color angle. Berry in Cleveland along with the previous gm from KC and GB assembled a pretty good roster
He was about to sign with Atlanta but Cleveland made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. But some of us have to stay in character.

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Last year, the Texans signed Tyrod Taylor because they wanted a veteran QB who wasn't turnover prone to hold down the fort. The Browns did the same thing with Brissett who is not as injury prone as Taylor. As far as their 3rd string QB. When you think about it. Joshua Dobbs has been on their division rival Steelers for three years. Maybe, being on the Steelers and running scout team for the Steelers, he can bring more value as a 3rd QB than someone like Nate Peterman.

There are many reasons for us to despise, loathe or even hate Watson. But injecting the people of color angle is a contrived TT narrative to add fuel to the fire. With that said, I'm out on this people of color, Watson talk.

EDIT: I don't care if anyone thinks Watson is a racist. Just pointing out how illogical and nonsensical some of the things that are posted and repeated on this forum.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And where is Josh Rosen now?
Didn't see this post.

Some don't want to admit a guy they used to worship has so many character flaws. Just look at who Derrick has representing him, works with. That should tell them plenty, but if won't.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
So when McClain says Esterbe wanted him to write a puff piece or anytime he wrotes about the Texans playing terrible, he printed up the tweets and took them to Cal, you don't believe that either huh. When Landry was laughing because after they fired the equipment mannager he tried to blame it on pant length, you don't believe that either huh?
When you can tell me what the real difference is between what Easterby was trying to do with McClain & puff pieces and what McClain was already low key doing for people he liked regarding the Texans let me know. He’s a known guy who checks to see how the wind is blowing and sides with that side kinda guy.

Also, When you can tell me why i should believe a word out of Lopez and/or LL’s mouth when all they do everyday on the radio is throw crap against the wall for 3-4 hours and see what sticks let me know. I dont question the interactions they had with Easterby or even what was said, i question how they choose to frame it and their motivations…like, why this expose now after hes been fired? That story could’ve dropped as soon as the interaction happened. We also know they’ve had a hard-on for that dude every since Palcic got fired…they just cant be taken seriously is all im saying.

Lovie is a below-average to average at best HC. Once we draft a franchise QB this year or next, we need to hire an elite offensive mind as HC. Lovie can be a placeholder until then. He is nothing more. The Josh McCown potential nightmare is no more.
If the below average coach gets those 1st rd draft picks to his liking, would that be good or bad for the Texans future if he is not around? With the Bears, I remember those LBs weren't drafted while Lovie was there, Urlacher and Briggs came prior. However, during his 9 year run they did get Tommie Harris, Greg Olsen, Daniel Manning, Forte and Hester.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If the below average coach gets those 1st rd draft picks to his liking, would that be good or bad for the Texans future if he is not around? With the Bears, I remember those LBs weren't drafted while Lovie was there, Urlacher and Briggs came prior. However, during his 9 year run they did get Tommie Harris, Greg Olsen, Daniel Manning, Forte and Hester.
I've got no problem with Caserio/Lovie's draft picks.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If Cal can just remain patient and let Caserio do his job, I think things will workout well.
I hope so.

But personally, I'm all out of goodwill with this organization and I'm a fan that is firmly in the "prove it" camp before I start believing any of their marketing spin.

Caserio is step in the right direction, though. He handled the Watson situation as pro as can be and came out on top, and his first true draft class is promising. Now comes the hard part of finding a HC and QB that can actually make this franchise a consistent winner. That part will be interesting to see how much autonomy he truly has or if the McNairs still want to inject their unqualified bias into the process.

And regardless of Easterby's role in the organization, I think it's good now that even the perception of Easterby's influence in the building is no longer a talking point.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I hope so.

But personally, I'm all out of goodwill with this organization and I'm a fan that is firmly in the "prove it" camp before I start believing any of their marketing spin.

Caserio is step in the right direction, though. He handled the Watson situation as pro as can be and came out on top, and his first true draft class is promising. Now comes the hard part of finding a HC and QB that can actually make this franchise a consistent winner. That part will be interesting to see how much autonomy he truly has or if the McNairs still want to inject their unqualified bias into the process.

And regardless of Easterby's role in the organization, I think it's good now that even the perception of Easterby's influence in the building is no longer a talking point.
Breaking a McNair tradition,

I hope Cal lets Caserio hire the HC.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I hear ya man.. but you Gotta ask yourself why his “influence” became a thing in the 1st place b/c he himself never came out and said or declared much of anything.. you know my stance and i could care less about if the dude is here anymore or not……but things only become major news b/c the media chooses to make it so. Everyone should’ve learned from Pizzagate and the Seth Rich story not to trust any of these media types.

As far as McNair, i think that has always been his stance…we know he doesnt like addressing the media for anything and the best way to have it that way is to let the people out in front that you’ve hired to do a job with the team do it. He just unfortunately trusted the wrong guy to do it for him in BoB 1st. Then tou throw all the DW4 mess in it that really wasnt on him and it just got way out of control… Since NC has gotten here and the DW4 thing has been offloaded to the Browns things have settled down on Kirby.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I hear ya man.. but you Gotta ask yourself why his “influence” became a thing in the 1st place b/c he himself never came out and said or declared much of anything.. you know my stance and i could care less about if the dude is here anymore or not……but things only become major news b/c the media chooses to make it so. Everyone should’ve learned from Pizzagate and the Seth Rich story not to trust any of these media types.
For me it's really simple. I don't trust anyone that uses faith as a cover to advance their professional career. There is an inherent manipulation with that sort of angle.

It's not that I trust the media, but I do trust my gut instincts. And when there is enough smoke, there is certainly fire. There was too much controversy around this guy, and then to be in any executive position with an NFL team when he's go absolutely zero experience and background to handle that position automatically raises my curiosity.

Mix that with the O'Brien bad juju, there was just a bad vibe around this dude. This franchise doesn't need that baggage.

But, since Lovie took over to partner with Caserio, I haven't thought much about him. He was obviously sidelined and I figured they'd part ways in the off-season with hardly anyone but hardcore Texans fans even aware. That it happened in week 6 of the season on a Monday is intriguing.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Gotta ask yourself why his “influence” became a thing in the 1st place b/c he himself never came out and said or declared much of anything..
but things only become major news b/c the media chooses to make it so.
Media looking for a boogie man put Easterby on a hook. I’m sure they hit record clicks in that two/three month period.

Then sexual assault lawsuits start raining

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You left off the disclaimer: ....Until a couple of draft picks are busts, then we pick a person and place 100% of the blame on the other person. :texans:
What are you talking about?

I loved this last draft class and said so at the time. Not that I would've traded up for Metchie like Caserio did and said so at the time.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
What are you talking about?

I loved this last draft class and said so at the time. Not that I would've traded up for Metchie like Caserio did and said so at the time.
It was a joke. But the point is today they show promise and are called Lovie/Caserio draft picks. However, who will be the scapegoat if any member of this draft class or next year's class have a career like Kevin Johnson where they showed potential as a rookie and then never meet expectations or are busts from day one? Watch how quickly they become Lovie's or Nick's pick.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It was a joke. But the point is today they show promise and are called Lovie/Caserio draft picks. However, who will be the scapegoat if any member of this draft class or next year's class have a career like Kevin Johnson where they showed potential as a rookie and then never meet expectations or are busts from day one? Watch how quickly they become Lovie's or Nick's pick.
We shall see, you know it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Mariotexan

Practice Squad
i would like to hear more on how JE messed up the coaching hire. ( that being said I think Lovie was a good choice, short term). Did at that moment NC lose trust in him? All the stories in in the media were mainly about McCown. Listening to that clip Seth talking about how JE was leaking stuff. I never wanted McCown but thought the younger upcoming coordinators were possibilities

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
i would like to hear more on how JE messed up the coaching hire. ( that being said I think Lovie was a good choice, short term). Did at that moment NC lose trust in him? All the stories in in the media were mainly about McCown. Listening to that clip Seth talking about how JE was leaking stuff. I never wanted McCown but thought the younger upcoming coordinators were possibilities
Easterby wanted McCown. So he was in McNair's ear about it and then trying to drum up some enthusiasm for it by working the media. And Cal was listening at least a little bit to force the HC interviews.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Media looking for a boogie man put Easterby on a hook. I’m sure they hit record clicks in that two/three month period.
Media already had a boogie man in O'Brien. He was perfect for it, too, flipping off fans at halftime and everything. He wasn't a likeable fellow.

Easterby dug his own hole and then fell in it. Don't blame the media for figuring out this fool's con. He was unqualified for the job and did as piss poor as you'd expect, especially being a part of signing towel boy to a new contract after being in charge of investigating the apparently abhorrent "locker room culture".

Texans might be the worst team in football this year. But at least it's not the worst team in football with Jack Easterby on the payroll. lol Future is already looking brighter.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Media already had a boogie man in O'Brien. He was perfect for it, too, flipping off fans at halftime and everything. He wasn't a likeable fellow.

Easterby dug his own hole and then fell in it. Don't blame the media for figuring out this fool's con. He was unqualified for the job and did as piss poor as you'd expect, especially being a part of signing towel boy to a new contract after being in charge of investigating the apparently abhorrent "locker room culture".

Texans might be the worst team in football this year. But at least it's not the worst team in football with Jack Easterby on the payroll. lol Future is already looking brighter.
If Caserio builds a winner the reason Caserio is on Kirby is Easterby. So he did do some positive things.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
When you can tell me what the real difference is between what Easterby was trying to do with McClain & puff pieces and what McClain was already low key doing for people he liked regarding the Texans let me know. He’s a known guy who checks to see how the wind is blowing and sides with that side kinda guy.

Also, When you can tell me why i should believe a word out of Lopez and/or LL’s mouth when all they do everyday on the radio is throw crap against the wall for 3-4 hours and see what sticks let me know. I dont question the interactions they had with Easterby or even what was said, i question how they choose to frame it and their motivations…like, why this expose now after hes been fired? That story could’ve dropped as soon as the interaction happened. We also know they’ve had a hard-on for that dude every since Palcic got fired…they just cant be taken seriously is all im saying.
They've been talking about dealing with Esterbunny way before the firings. Believe what you like, but they've been on that guy for a minute,before Palcic and JJ Moses, and even Jamie Rootes

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
One thing about it, Lovie has proven he knows what traits to look for in defensive players, Caserio we don't know because he was under Hoodie and Hoodie trumps everyone else in that building. Offensively is where Carsterio fingerprints are going to be the biggest because we've seen from history, that's not Lovie's strong suit.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If Caserio builds a winner the reason Caserio is on Kirby is Easterby. So he did do some positive things.
They were trying to hire Caserio long before Easterby was here (Bob McNair originally tried to hire him). Throw enough money around and it was just a matter of time. Cal thought he could cheat the system so he hired a two-bit con man to do it. #fail

You can continue to run with your Easterby- loving narrative. The rest of us just point and laugh. Nobody cares about Easterby.

Texian

Hall of Fame
They were trying to hire Caserio long before Easterby was here (Bob McNair originally tried to hire him). Throw enough money around and it was just a matter of time. Cal thought he could cheat the system so he hired a two-bit con man to do it. #fail

You can continue to run with your Easterby- loving narrative. The rest of us just point and laugh. Nobody cares about Easterby.
Yes, Bob McNair wanted to hire Caserio at Bill O'Brien's urging. The Texans also hired Easterby because of O'Brien's recommendation. The demise of the Houston Texans by Bill O'Brien may take most of this decade before the O'Brien infestation is completely exterminated.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Using that same logic. Rick Smith also did some positive things. If you don't remember. Brian call tell you about the players Smith signed or drafted who were crucial to those division championships.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

[/QUOTE

Easterby loving narrative? LMAO

I think you've got me all wrong.

I think indifferent would describe me best and I'm actually glad he's gone so fans that are in your camp are more likely to get on board with what Caserio's doing down on Kirby.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Using that same logic. Rick Smith also did some positive things. If you don't remember. Brian call tell you about the players Smith signed or drafted who were crucial to those division championships.
RS did some positive the things But it's been proven you can't win a championship with a guy like RS as your GM. If you want mediocrity then RS is your guy. I feel as if the RS yrs were wasted yrs and meanwhile with Rootes in charge the McNair's did what all billionaires do made more billions by selling mediocrity and this football crazed town, including myself were the suckers in this game of high finance.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Couldn’t have been no earlier than 2018 b/c Smith was still here in 2017…Easterby arrived in 2019. Regardless, We can say it was “inevitable” that NC would be here b/c they had been courting him for a while before Easterby got here…….. but he wasn’t here……despite all the money being thrown around….Mind you BoB was also a guy connected to NC as well & im sure had tried to lure NC as well….however he didnt officially arrive until after Easterby was brought in and we know he played a pivotal role in that…make of that what you will.

So at the end of the day i just think folks are trying too hard to try to link the guy to everything bad that has been going on with this franchise….as if to say the Texans were a model organization before he arrived. We all know thats not true. What’s the saying around here? The Texans are a marketing company with a football division? Thats about as accurate a statement as any pre-easterby.

the truth is the biggest mess that actually did the most damage & caused the most dysfunction was with DW4…& that had next to nothing to do with Easterby.

Hell just yesterday I’m listening to 790 and they’re consumed with “why” he was all of a sudden let go of now…….like there just had to be something he did that finally got him canned…and Wex surprised me by giving a well-reasoned take on the matter…but its like, what, each party couldn’t have just agreed to move on?

its ok to dislike the guy for whatever reason, but acknowledge that he may also have done some good.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
RS did some positive the things But it's been proven you can't win a championship with a guy like RS as your GM. If you want mediocrity then RS is your guy. I feel as if the RS yrs were wasted yrs and meanwhile with Rootes in charge the McNair's did what all billionaires do made more billions by selling mediocrity and this football crazed town, including myself were the suckers in this game of high finance.
Let this post live in infamy!

SteelB said something good about Rick Smith.

So y’all can stop riding his jock about that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Let this post live in infamy!

SteelB said something good about Rick Smith.

So y’all can stop riding his jock about that.
I still look back at the wasted years and the money I spent during those yrs knowing the Texans weren't going to win anything with RS style of management. I really was an idiot.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
How do you know you can win with Caserio? It's funny, I was reading some old post when you stated RS should gamble on players with injury history. Loom up and Caserio draft 2 guys with a medical and I didn't see a post about it.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
How do you know you can win with Caserio? It's funny, I was reading some old post when you stated RS should gamble on players with injury history. Loom up and Caserio draft 2 guys with a medical and I didn't see a post about it.
Who goes back through someone’s old posts from years ago (?) to try to catch someone in a contradiction?

That’s just plain weird. And silly. I wish you the best in trying to find something better to do with your time.

Or is that the internet today?

Middle aged men searching through years old posts trying to find something? Are we to assume someone’s opinion on a matter can’t evolve but must remain stagnant? Because that is what your implying by your actions.

Boris

All Pro
Who goes back through someone’s old posts from years ago (?) to try to catch someone in a contradiction?

That’s just plain weird. And silly. I wish you the best in trying to find something better to do with your time.

Or is that the internet today?

Middle aged men searching through years old posts trying to find something? Are we to assume someone’s opinion on a matter can’t evolve but must remain stagnant? Because that is what your implying by your actions.
1666494889098.png
how dare he use previous statements to form an argument, there's something wrong w/him