Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Injury Thread

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1635980622246.png

BROWN HAS A GRADE II HAMSTRING TEAR...................WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY.

BURKHEAD WILL TRY TO PLAY THROUGH HIS HIP POINTER AGAIN............WOULD NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM HIM SUNDAY.

CONLEY.........FRESH CALF STRAIN.............CALF STRAINS ARE NEVER A GOOD THING, ESPECIALLY FOR A WR....WHAT IS SOMEWHAT OF A CONCERN TO ME IS THAT IN OCT 2017, HE WAS REPORTED TO HAVE A LEFT CALF STRAIN......LATER DIAGNOSED AS AN ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE.

KIRKSEY LAST GAME HAD A CLUB ON HIS HAND...........AND HE PLAYED LIKE HE HAD A CLUB ON HIS HAND...........AS A LB, YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO GRASP.............DON'T EXPECT MUCH MORE THIS SUNDAY.

MARTIN.............GRADE I MCL........SHOULD BE QUESTIONABLE FOR SUNDAY..............BUT.

MCCRAY.............LOW ANKLE SPRAIN THAT HE IS PLAYING THROUGH................WILL PLAY SUNDAY.

NICKERSON.............PROMOTED TO THE ACTIVE ROSTER TODAY, AND IMMEDIATELY IN THE CONCUSSION PROTOCOL............DOUBT HE CLEARS PROTOCOL BY SUNDAY.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1635983883579.png,
BAKER............SUFFERED A GRADE 1 MCL 2 WEEKS AGO...............MISSED LAST GAME............WILL LIKELY BE QUESTIONABLE THIS GAME.

JONES.............HAS DEALT WITH HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN SINCE THE STUMMER............IN FACT, HE DEALT WITH A HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN ALL OF HIS 2018 COLLEGE SEASON, FINALLY REQUIRING SURGERY IN 2019..............WILL PROBABLY PLAY THROUGH HIS INJURY SUNDAY.

PARKER.............SUSTAINED A SHOULDER SUBLUXATION WEEK 4............MISSED WEEKS 5-7, THEN CAME BACK LAST GAME AND PLAYED RELATIVELY WELL................MANAGED TO SUFFER A GRADE I HAMSTRING IN WEEK 7 DURING PRACTICE..............HE WILL PLAY SUNDAY WHILE REMAINING INCREASED RISK FOR HAMSTRING RE-INJURY.

TUA..............HE WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THROUGH HIS SORE RIBS WHICH HE FRACTURED IN WEEK 2 ..............BUT A RECENT INJURY TO A FINGER SPECIFICALLY OF THE LEFT HAND IS LIKELY TO ADVERSELY AFFECT HIS PERFORMANCE SUNDAY SINCE HE IS LEFT-HANDED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1636080343662.png

COMMENTARIES FROM YESTERDAY REMAIN THE SAME.

B. JORDAN...........SUFFERED AN "ANKLE SPRAIN" IN PRACTICE............HAVE NOT HAVE TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF SPRAIN, HIGH VS LOW ANKLE...............HOWEVER, IN 2018 AND 2019, HE WAS DOGGED WITH A RIGHT HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN AND A LEFT HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN RESPECTIVELY..............EVEN A LOW ANKLE SPRAIN OCCURRING JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE GAME DAY DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR A SUNDAY APPEARANCE.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1636082216745.png

********Because it was a walk-through and not a full practice, all of the participation levels on Thursday’s injury report were all estimates for activity.

COMMENTARIES FROM YESTERDAY ARE UNCHANGED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Dolphins WR Devante Parker re-aggravated his hamstring in practice today...............has been placed on IR. Just another example how hamstring injuries, no matter how low grade, places a player at high risk for worse re-injury.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
THE OFFICIAL DOLPHINS FRIDAY INJURY STATUS REPORT IS STILL NOT RELEASED.

BUT TODAY WAS ESSENTIALLY ANOTHER WALK-THRU TYPE OF PRACTICE.........AND ALL PLAYERS ON THE REPORT WILL HAVE NOT CHANGED THEIR LEVEL OF PRACTICE.

AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, PARKER IS NOW RESTING ON IR.

THERE ARE 2 QUESTIONABLE PLAYERS FOR SUNDAY......................BAKER, HIS KNEE NOT RESPONDING WELL TO REHAB.............AND TUA, HIS FINGER IS GETTING IN HIS WAY.........IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME TO SEE NEITHER ON THE FIELD SUNDAY.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Scottie Phillips suffered a leg injury in the 1st half of the last game and never returned...............he has now been placed on IR.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637258455558.png

NOTHING TERRIBLY UNEXPECTED.

BROWN STILL REHABBING HIS HAMSTRING............UNLIKELY TO BE READY FOR SUNDAY.

GREENARD STILL DEALING WITH A MILD MID FOOT SPRAIN.................LIKELY TO PLAY SUNDAY.

ONE SOMEWHAT WORRISOME INJURY...............NICKERSON AFTER SUSTAINING A CONCUSSION IN WEEK 9, THEN HAVING THE ENTIRE BYE WEEK TO RECOVER, IS STILL NO WHERE CLOSE TO CLEARING THE PROTOCOL.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637260250901.png

OF PARTICULAR NOTE IS DUPREE, WHO IS REPORTED TO HAVE A KNEE INJURY..............A GRADE I MCL.........HE WAS KNOCKED OUT OF LAST GAME AFTER ONLY 1 SNAP WITH AN ABDOMINAL INJURY, BUT THE TITANS SAY THAT IT WAS ONLY A MINOR PROBLEM...................IT APPEARS TO BE AN ABDOMINAL OBLIQUE MUSCLE STRAIN..........THIS IS THE TYPE OF INJURY THAT HAS A HIGH RISK OF RE-INJURY...............BOTH INJURIES WOULD STILL BE CONCERNING TO ME..............HE IS UNLIKELY TO PLAY SUNDAY BECAUSE OF HIS KNEE.............IF HE DOES PLAY, I DON'T BELIEVE HIS INJURIES WILL BE UNNOTICED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637362747405.png
No real surprises except that Brown will definitely play after only 3 weeks po...........at significant increased risk for re-injury............will watch performance.

LeBlanc is unlikely to get completely over any significant illness in 48 hours.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Amendola underwent knee surgery. Following his hamstring tear, the instability led to a meniscus tear. He opted for the trim rather than repair.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans standout linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill avoided a season-ending knee injury with an initial diagnosis indicating he didn't tear ligaments in his right knee and instead suffered a sprain as he aggravated a pre-existing injury that has affected him this season Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly.
Hopefully good news.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The unreported "knee sprain" is an MCL sprain. The reporter tries to differentiate a tear vs a sprain............in both instances, there is tearing of the ligament structures. Being a noncontact injury, it is most likely a grade II, not a grade I as is being implied. You aren't carted off the field for a grade I MCL. Most fans do not know, but MCL injuries like ACL injuries can occur by direct contact or by non-contact (when an athlete is running or jumping and then suddenly slows and changes direction or twists). Aug 3, 2019, Grugier-Hill sustained a serious grade III MCL tear at a TC practice. He went on to miss 3 games at the beginning of the regular season.

Last edited:
The unreported "knee sprain" is an MCL sprain. The reporter tries to differentiate a tear vs a sprain............in both instances, there is tearing of the ligament structures. Being a noncontact injury, it is most likely a grade II, not a grade I as is being implied. You aren't carted off the field for a grade I MCL. Most fans do not know, but MCL injuries like ACL injuries can occur by direct contact or by non-contact (when an athlete is running or jumping and then suddenly slows and changes direction or twists). Aug 3, 2019, Grugier-Hill sustained a serious grade III MCL tear at a TC practice. He went on to miss 3 games at the beginning of the regular season.
Doc - is this sprain/tear on the same knee as the one in 2019?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Don't expect Scottie Phillips to return to help the RB problem this Sunday. He was reported to have suffered an ankle injury the first week of Nov. He has been on IR and has not practiced. His injury was not a lateral ankle injury. It was a grade II high ankle sprain. Although the Texans are optimistic about his return this season. I would not be surprised to see his season over. If he tries to return, I would not expect his performance to be impressive; and that's not to mention that this type of injury in a RB is high risk for re-injury within the same season.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Rex Burkhead went down with what the Texans vacillate reporting between a groin and hip injury. This is the same injury that knocked him out of the week 5 game. The Injury Report at that time listed him as a hip injury, although the Texans again referred to the injury sometimes as a hip and sometimes as a groin.

Studies have shown that the hip joint is thought to contribute to up to 14% of all athletic injuries. And when there is groin pain involved 44% of these pathologies will be hip joint in origin. With the groin/hip reporting x 2, I would be concerned about the joint itself.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1639616028399.png

BRITT WILL PLAY.

BROOKS WON'T PLAY.

BURKHEAD WITH HIS PREVIOUS GROIN/HIP, THEN HIP/GROIN, AND FINALLY A HIP/QUAD WON'T PLAY.

MITCHELL FOLLOWING AN ILLNESS LAST WEEK WAS A SETUP TO SUFFER A LOWER LIMB INJURY. HE WON'T PLAY.

REID, COMING OFF A CONCUSSION AND NOW AN ILLNESS, IF HE PLAYS (AND THE INJURIES ARE LEGITIMATE) IT IS A PERFECT SETUP FOR A LOWER LIMB INJURY.

IF MILLS APPEARS ON THE INJURY LIST LATER THIS WEEK, I WILL SUSPECT A TANK.

Doc - prior to landing on the COVID list the Texans "hadn't ruled out Grugier-Hill playing this week". Is that really the case? If he clears COVID protocols he would move from that list to the injury list?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Doc - prior to landing on the COVID list the Texans "hadn't ruled out Grugier-Hill playing this week". Is that really the case? If he clears COVID protocols he would move from that list to the injury list?
Players on the COVID reserve list are basically deemed inactive (like injured reserve) with no point to listing them on the Injury Report.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
CB Jimmy Moreland (illness) has been downgraded to out for Sunday’s game. With all the recent player transactions and "injuries," it's looking more and more for a setup for a tank............the Jag win one while the Texans lose one..............making the bid for pick potentially closer..............if only the Lion can win one.:kitten:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1640294980747.png

GILMAN SUFFERED A GRADE II QUAD TEAR IN WEEK 10 AND HAS NOT PLAYED SINCE................WITHOUT SETBACK, CHANCE OF PLAYING, BUT HIGH RISK FOR RE-INJURY.

PARHAM SUFFERED THAT WICKED FENCER'S POSE CONCUSSION IN WEEK 15..............THE CHARGERS ARE RELEASING NO INFORMATION ON HIM, EXCEPT THAT HE IS "SAFE AND SOUND"...............HE'S LUCKY TO COME OUT OF THIS WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT BRAIN DAMAGE..............PLAYING SUNDAY IS NOT A
CONSIDERATION.

JAMES SUFFERED A HAMSTRING PRIOR TO WEEK 14.............MISSED WEEK 14, BUT WAS ABLE TO RETURN FOR THE THURSDAY NIGHT GAME AFTER LIMITED PRACTICE DURING THE WEEK, ALTHOUGH HE MISSED ENTIRE DRIVES DURING THAT GAME..........HIS HAMSTRING WAS AN STILL AN ISSUE................HE WILL HAVE HAVE A 10 DAY REST SINCE LAST GAME, BUT IF HE DOES PLAY, HE WILL DEFINITELY BE HIGH RISK FOR RE-INJURY.

SAMUELS SUFFERED A SIGNIFICANT CONCUSSION IN WEEK 11 AND HAS NOT HAD A FULL PRACTICE SINCE.............IF FULL PRACTICE THE REST OF THE WEEK WITHOUT SETBACK, MAY STILL PASS PROTOCOL AND PLAY SUNDAY.