Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Injury Thread

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1635980622246.png

BROWN HAS A GRADE II HAMSTRING TEAR...................WILL NOT PLAY SUNDAY.

BURKHEAD WILL TRY TO PLAY THROUGH HIS HIP POINTER AGAIN............WOULD NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM HIM SUNDAY.

CONLEY.........FRESH CALF STRAIN.............CALF STRAINS ARE NEVER A GOOD THING, ESPECIALLY FOR A WR....WHAT IS SOMEWHAT OF A CONCERN TO ME IS THAT IN OCT 2017, HE WAS REPORTED TO HAVE A LEFT CALF STRAIN......LATER DIAGNOSED AS AN ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE.

KIRKSEY LAST GAME HAD A CLUB ON HIS HAND...........AND HE PLAYED LIKE HE HAD A CLUB ON HIS HAND...........AS A LB, YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO GRASP.............DON'T EXPECT MUCH MORE THIS SUNDAY.

MARTIN.............GRADE I MCL........SHOULD BE QUESTIONABLE FOR SUNDAY..............BUT.

MCCRAY.............LOW ANKLE SPRAIN THAT HE IS PLAYING THROUGH................WILL PLAY SUNDAY.

NICKERSON.............PROMOTED TO THE ACTIVE ROSTER TODAY, AND IMMEDIATELY IN THE CONCUSSION PROTOCOL............DOUBT HE CLEARS PROTOCOL BY SUNDAY.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1635983883579.png,
BAKER............SUFFERED A GRADE 1 MCL 2 WEEKS AGO...............MISSED LAST GAME............WILL LIKELY BE QUESTIONABLE THIS GAME.

JONES.............HAS DEALT WITH HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN SINCE THE STUMMER............IN FACT, HE DEALT WITH A HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN ALL OF HIS 2018 COLLEGE SEASON, FINALLY REQUIRING SURGERY IN 2019..............WILL PROBABLY PLAY THROUGH HIS INJURY SUNDAY.

PARKER.............SUSTAINED A SHOULDER SUBLUXATION WEEK 4............MISSED WEEKS 5-7, THEN CAME BACK LAST GAME AND PLAYED RELATIVELY WELL................MANAGED TO SUFFER A GRADE I HAMSTRING IN WEEK 7 DURING PRACTICE..............HE WILL PLAY SUNDAY WHILE REMAINING INCREASED RISK FOR HAMSTRING RE-INJURY.

TUA..............HE WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THROUGH HIS SORE RIBS WHICH HE FRACTURED IN WEEK 2 ..............BUT A RECENT INJURY TO A FINGER SPECIFICALLY OF THE LEFT HAND IS LIKELY TO ADVERSELY AFFECT HIS PERFORMANCE SUNDAY SINCE HE IS LEFT-HANDED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1636080343662.png

COMMENTARIES FROM YESTERDAY REMAIN THE SAME.

B. JORDAN...........SUFFERED AN "ANKLE SPRAIN" IN PRACTICE............HAVE NOT HAVE TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF SPRAIN, HIGH VS LOW ANKLE...............HOWEVER, IN 2018 AND 2019, HE WAS DOGGED WITH A RIGHT HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN AND A LEFT HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN RESPECTIVELY..............EVEN A LOW ANKLE SPRAIN OCCURRING JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE GAME DAY DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR A SUNDAY APPEARANCE.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1636082216745.png

********Because it was a walk-through and not a full practice, all of the participation levels on Thursday’s injury report were all estimates for activity.

COMMENTARIES FROM YESTERDAY ARE UNCHANGED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Dolphins WR Devante Parker re-aggravated his hamstring in practice today...............has been placed on IR. Just another example how hamstring injuries, no matter how low grade, places a player at high risk for worse re-injury.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
THE OFFICIAL DOLPHINS FRIDAY INJURY STATUS REPORT IS STILL NOT RELEASED.

BUT TODAY WAS ESSENTIALLY ANOTHER WALK-THRU TYPE OF PRACTICE.........AND ALL PLAYERS ON THE REPORT WILL HAVE NOT CHANGED THEIR LEVEL OF PRACTICE.

AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, PARKER IS NOW RESTING ON IR.

THERE ARE 2 QUESTIONABLE PLAYERS FOR SUNDAY......................BAKER, HIS KNEE NOT RESPONDING WELL TO REHAB.............AND TUA, HIS FINGER IS GETTING IN HIS WAY.........IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME TO SEE NEITHER ON THE FIELD SUNDAY.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Scottie Phillips suffered a leg injury in the 1st half of the last game and never returned...............he has now been placed on IR.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637258455558.png

NOTHING TERRIBLY UNEXPECTED.

BROWN STILL REHABBING HIS HAMSTRING............UNLIKELY TO BE READY FOR SUNDAY.

GREENARD STILL DEALING WITH A MILD MID FOOT SPRAIN.................LIKELY TO PLAY SUNDAY.

ONE SOMEWHAT WORRISOME INJURY...............NICKERSON AFTER SUSTAINING A CONCUSSION IN WEEK 9, THEN HAVING THE ENTIRE BYE WEEK TO RECOVER, IS STILL NO WHERE CLOSE TO CLEARING THE PROTOCOL.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637260250901.png

OF PARTICULAR NOTE IS DUPREE, WHO IS REPORTED TO HAVE A KNEE INJURY..............A GRADE I MCL.........HE WAS KNOCKED OUT OF LAST GAME AFTER ONLY 1 SNAP WITH AN ABDOMINAL INJURY, BUT THE TITANS SAY THAT IT WAS ONLY A MINOR PROBLEM...................IT APPEARS TO BE AN ABDOMINAL OBLIQUE MUSCLE STRAIN..........THIS IS THE TYPE OF INJURY THAT HAS A HIGH RISK OF RE-INJURY...............BOTH INJURIES WOULD STILL BE CONCERNING TO ME..............HE IS UNLIKELY TO PLAY SUNDAY BECAUSE OF HIS KNEE.............IF HE DOES PLAY, I DON'T BELIEVE HIS INJURIES WILL BE UNNOTICED.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1637362747405.png
No real surprises except that Brown will definitely play after only 3 weeks po...........at significant increased risk for re-injury............will watch performance.

LeBlanc is unlikely to get completely over any significant illness in 48 hours.