Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Injury Thread

BTW, a cortisone injection to the rotator cuff does not even begin to work for at least 3-5 days, and can initially increase the pain.
I hear that all the time but I have cortisone injections that have levied pain relief within hours… but yes… soreness definitely happens after the shot. It’s like getting a dose of lead in there. It sucks but it’s not that bad. It’s a manageable kind of pain. Should be able to throw through that. Not saying that’s what he should do though. Lol. Just saying it’s not the kind of pain that’ll stop you from throwing.

I hear that all the time but I have cortisone injections that have levied pain relief within hours… but yes… soreness definitely happens after the shot. It’s like getting a dose of lead in there. It sucks but it’s not that bad. It’s a manageable kind of pain. Should be able to throw through that. Not saying that’s what he should do though. Lol. Just saying it’s not the kind of pain that’ll stop you from throwing.
I get them every 6 months in my right shoulder and both elbows. The elbow shots freaking suck and do initially create more pain, but after a couple of days, it's moths of relief.

I get them every 6 months in my right shoulder and both elbows. The elbow shots freaking suck and do initially create more pain, but after a couple of days, it's moths of relief.
Yes sir it is… but… be careful with overdoing the shots. Your body -also- produces cortisone and if you have too much in your body… bad things happen. I have one spot on my shoulder where the skin basically burned itself to a crisp. Took about a year to heal from that.

Stroud seemed to land on that right shoulder on the very last play of the game :thinking:
Remember this is not discussion thread.

Nitro,
If I remember, you like Docbar are warriors.............no stranger to injury and pain. Most, even athletes probably don't measure up to your experiences and tolerances.

I wish there was a more appropriate thread to place these type of discussions.

Last edited:
Tavierre Thomas went back into the trainer's room following the fracture where a soft cast was applied and he returned to actually play thru his injury
I've never broken anything but a toe but it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to play through a broken anything the day of. What's your opinion on his outlook (if you have enough info to make a guess at this point)

I've never broken anything but a toe but it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to play through a broken anything the day of. What's your opinion on his outlook (if you have enough info to make a guess at this point)
At this time, I have no information re. which bone was fractured. The most common hand fracture in a defensive back is a thumb or jammed finger. The fact that he was allowed to return to play in a soft cast tells me that the fracture was either a greenstick or very stable nondisplaced fracture. After surgical repair, return could come as soon as 4 weeks, but a rigid splint which would be somewhat detrimental in pass protection in trying to do anything but deflecting passes. Six weeks would be a more of a realistic return to game play.

Last edited:
Well gee Nitro you did not defend me whenever I posted here and was removed by the moderators.

Well that’s mostly because -I- don’t want to have a discussion with you. I was basically doing what I told you to do… staying away.

Lol.

I’m kidding… but yeah… sucks that happened. While I want this thread to stay on topic… My experiences do apply here. Besides it wasn’t a thread derail. Just a couple posts related to the topic. There isn’t really a place to have this convo outside of players anymore… but… hopefully we all can relax and just keep on posting while keeping Karen at bay.

:)

Well that’s mostly because -I- don’t want to have a discussion with you. I was basically doing what I told you to do… staying away.

Lol.

I’m kidding… but yeah… sucks that happened. While I want this thread to stay on topic… My experiences do apply here. Besides it wasn’t a thread derail. Just a couple posts related to the topic. There isn’t really a place to have this convo outside of players anymore… but… hopefully we all can relax and just keep on posting while keeping Karen at bay.

:)
Totally agree.

Nitro,
If I remember, you like Docbar are warriors.............no stranger to injury and pain. Most, even athletes probably don't measure up to your experiences and tolerances.

I wish there was a more appropriate thread to place these type of discussions.
Maybe the mods could pin a less restrictive injury thread. It's helpful to talk about past injuries and how others were able to recover.

Ward was at practice today, Pitre wasn’t.
I wouldn't have Pitre playing Sunday. A very minor lung contusion can resolve in ~1-2 week. But when there are enough symptoms to hospitalize, the damaged lung may need 3-4 weeks or more time. Return to play should not occur until all symptoms are resolved. It's interesting to note that it is not unusual for symptoms to actually begin increasing a day or two following the trauma.

To simplify visualizing the mechanism of a pulmonary contusion...............it's the lungs counterpart to a brain's coup/countra coup concusion. Just as the brain is mobile within the skull, so are the lungs within the rib cage.

Stroud talks about his shoulder soreness after the game, how he dealt with is AC joint injury in his redshirt freshman year, and how he's working with his guy Cuckoo to get ready (starts around the 1:00 mark). Not sure how you get a name like Cuckoo. Binge out on Cocoa Puffs?

CJ presser 9/20

The Texans, though, have a plan to manage the number of throws Stroud makes during the week.

“I think it’s always like any time you have a starting quarterback that’s going to play all year, you always have an arm management program, and it’s kind of what best fits the individual, you know?” offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik said, via Deepi Sidhu of the team website. “It may be some days he’s limited on throws. It may be some days he’s not limited on throws, but he’s limited on other stuff that’s not team-period related. And that is kind of a week-to-week thing, and it’s an individual thing as we go through the year. So he’s always going to be on an arm maintenance program. Every quarterback is. It’s just what we’re doing that specific week.”
Link

"Arm management program" post injury?..........47 passes........sounds like a great start! :mcnugget:

Does anyone happen to know if we had a change in our fitness regime? It seems like we have had a lot more injuries than in years past and I’m curious if there’s a correlation.

Somebody told us this was going to be the case.

Several somebodies. I think the majority of people watching that draft had this lined up as their most likely nightmare outcome. I wonder if the 9 games the Texans got from him as a rookie weren't the most we'll see in a season. Probably not. There will be that miraculous "He's turned a corner!" contract year rope-a-dope that nobody but the Texans will fall for.

Stingley
tin
Stingley is going to make a lot of money over the next couple of years from the injured reserve. 9 games last year, 2 this season and he's already going to miss some time. smh
Stingley's last season ended with a Grade II hamstring tear. He was having issues with it in the spring. He re-tore his hamstring in Wednesday's practice. Despite what some have said that he has not had any continuing problems from his Lisfranc...............I've watched him very carefully and his foot has definitely shown expected problems with his mechanics. His repeated hamstrings are compensatory injuries. He will now go onto IR..........for at least 6-8 weeks if the Texans aere half way smart with him.........but don't expect this to be the end of it. Even if he ever has a break from his hamstring injuries, his foot problems will not mysteriously go away.

Several somebodies. I think the majority of people watching that draft had this lined up as their most likely nightmare outcome. I wonder if the 9 games the Texans got from him as a rookie weren't the most we'll see in a season. Probably not. There will be that miraculous "He's turned a corner!" contract year rope-a-dope that nobody but the Texans will fall for.
This would be so Texans org.

Stingley

Stingley's last season ended with a Grade II hamstring tear. He was having issues with it in the spring. He re-tore his hamstring in Wednesday's practice. Despite what some have said that he has not had any continuing problems from his Lisfranc...............I've watched him very carefully and his foot has definitely shown expected problems with his mechanics. His repeated hamstrings are compensatory injuries. He will now go onto IR..........for at least 6-8 weeks if the Texans aere half way smart with him.........but don't expect this to be the end of it. Even if he ever has a break from his hamstring injuries, his foot problems will not mysteriously go away.
Sad.

Back