Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Injury Thread

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1668648918173.png
M. COLLINS............SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY.

COOKS.............. ADDED A HIP POINTER TO HIS WRIST SPRAIN....................WILL PROBABLY BE QUESTIONABLE, BUT UNDER PRESSURE TO PLAY.

HEWITT..............SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY.

DARE............SUFFERED A GRADE I MIDFOOT SPRAIN...............WILL PROBABLY BE QUESTIONABLE.

N. COLLINS.............SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY.

GREEN............SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY.

KIRKSEY.............SUFFERED A NECK STINGER LAST GAME..............WILL PROBABLY BE QUESTIONABLE.

REEVES-MAYBIN................SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED LAST WEEK, WAS VIRTUALLY INVISIBLE..............WILL PROBABLY TRY TO PLAY AND IF SO WILL PROBABLY BE JUST AS EFFECTIVE AS LAST WEEK.

STINGLEY............SUFFERED A GRADE I HAMSTRING LAST GAME.............HE HAS SHOWN HESITANCY AND WEAKNESS PUSHING OFF HIS LEFT FOOT..............IT IS WELL-KNOWN THAT ABNORMAL MOVEMENTS IN THE HIP MUSCLES CAUSE BY ANY WEAKNESS IN FOOT POSTURE INCREASES THE RISK OF HAMSTRING INJURIES...................A CB PLAYING TOO SOON ON A RECENT GRADE I HAMSTRING IS SIGNIFICANT RISK FOR EXTENDING THE INJURY OR SUSTAINING A COMPENSATORY LOWER EXTREMITY INJURY..............I WOULD KEEP HIM OUT THIS GAME, BUT THAT DECISION IS UNLIKELY TO BE MADE.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1668813625371.png

LARSEN WILL BE VULNERABLE TO UP THE MIDDLE RUSH.............HOPEFULLY THE GAME PLAN WILL TARGET THIS.

ROGERS AND LARSEN AND MAYO AND WILLIAMS ALL HAD SETBACKS IN THEIR REHABS.............

ROGERS SUSTAINED A GRADE I MCL LAST GAME AND HAS HAD NO SUCCESS REHABBING IN SUCH SHORT PERIOD.

MAYO BEGAN HAVING ANKLE PROBLEMS IN WEEK 3 AND WAS NEVER FULLY AND THROWN BACK IN TO PLAY WEEK 4 WHEN HE SUFFERED A GRADE I HAMSTRING.........HE THEN SUFFERED A HAMSTRING RE-INJURY IN WEEK 9 AND IS TRYING TO MAKE IT BACK TO THE FIELD.

WILLIAMS IS STILL TRYING TO COME BACK AND STAY BACK FROM A GRADE II MCL IN WEEK 6.

HOLMES HAS BEEN DEALING WITH A HAMSTRING ISSUE SINCE WEEK 5 AND ALSO IS FIGHTING TO COME BACK AND STAY BACK.

EXPECT ALL OF TMAYO, WILLIAMS AND HOLMES TO BE COMPROMISED IF THEY SEE THE FIELD.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
deleted.

didn't notice it was the non discussing injury thread when I posted. Oops

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1669250238775.png

STINGLEY..............MY RULE OF THUMB, ANY HAMSTRING GRADE, PLAYER SHOULD NOT PLAY WITHOUT A FULL WEEK OF FULL PRACTICE................STINGLEY NOT NOT BE OUT THERE NEXT GAME.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1669250727588.png

MOSTERT.............PUTTING IN A PRODUCTIVE SEASON SO FAR, AND A PRODUCTIVE GAME IN WEEK 9, HE SUFFERED A WEEK 9 MCL.............HAS MULTIPLE MCL INJURIES DATING BACK TO 2017...............AFTER HE SUFFERED THE LAST ONE (BEFORE THIS RECENT ONE) WEEK 1 LAST YEAR, HE UNDERWENT AN MCL EXCISION...............WOULD EXPECT HIM TO BE AT BEST QUESTIONABLE FOR sUNDAY.

*AT THIS TIME, HAVE NO ADDITIONAL TIME TO POST COMMENTARIES.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1669384861100.png

"BUTT PUNT" MORSTEAD..............THE DOLPHINS BETTER HOPE THAT HE RECOVERS FROM HIS ILLNESS, AS HE IS THE ONLY BRIGHT SPOT IN THEIR SAD STS.

MOSTERT COMMENTARY UNCHANGED.

ARMSTEAD HAS SUFFERED A TURF TOE WHILE STILL TRYING TO RECOVER FROM A CALF TEAR...............NOT A GOOD COMBINATION FOR A PLAYER WHO NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO POWERFULLY PUSH OFF AND SUSTAIN...............EXPECT HIM TO BE AT LEAST QUESTIONABLE........IF HE PLAYS, WILL BE COMPROMISED AND WILL BE INCREASED RISK FOR RE=INJUYRY.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1669864482173.png
BURKHEAD..........SUSTAINED A CONCUSSION LAST GAME...........SINCE IT WASN'T CONFIRMED UNTIL THE NEXT DAY, DOUBT THAT HE WILL BE ABLE TO CLEAR THE PROTOCOL BY SUNDAY.

CASHMAN.........SUSTAINED BRUISED KNEE..................WILL PROBABLY PLAY SUNDAY.........MAY BE QUESTIONABLE.

M. COLINS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY SUNDAY.

STINGLEY'S HAMSTRING WILL NOT BE READY FOR SUNDAY.

HARRIS..............SUSTAINED A SHOULDER SUBLUXATION SUNDAY............LIKELY TO PLAY POSSIBLY WITH A HARNESS...........WILL BE QUESTIONABLE.

GREEN..........ILL OVER HIS RECENT PLAY WHILE INJURED..............LIKELY TO SEE LIMITED PLAY SUNDAY.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1669865467282.png
ALTHOUGH GARRETT IS NOT ON THE INJURY REPORT FOR AN INJURY, LAST GAME NEAR THE END, HE SUSTAINED A LEFT SHOULDER SUBLUXATION AND POST GAME COULD NOT LIFT HIS ARM PAST HIS WAIST................HE WILL EVIDENTLY TRY TO PLAY, BUT MAY HAVE A WEAK SPORT IF CONFRONTED FROM HIS LEFT.

THE DBS ARE A GROUP OF WALKING WOUNDED............WARD WITH HIS RECENT LOW ANKLE SPRAIN IS LIKELY TO BE COMPROMISED......NEWSOME IS QUESTIONABLE TO CLEAR THE PROTOCOL.

NJOKU............JUST WAS GETTING OVER KNEE AND ANKLE INJURIES...........PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE IN LAST WEEK'S COME FROM BEHIND WIN...............HE HAS SUSTAINED A NEW MCL KNEE INJURY...............I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO PLAY SUNDAY.