Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I quit.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Seriously. There have been some bright spots, but overall it's been a pretty dismal failure from year one. Not sure all of that falls on the ownership, but the current shithouse does.
I think things have been pretty good since 2011. Playoffs for the most part. We couldn’t get over the hump, but it’s been entertaining.

Disappointed BO’b couldn’t take them to that next level.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Another epic post that hits home more then I ever could. I'm still a football fan. I'm still a fan (most of the time) of this site. Some damn good posters and history here for me. I do enjoy the back and forth and this site is honestly the best resource for information related to the Texans. I'm here now more so for subject matter not related to the texans. And the posters. And maybe I'm a creature of habit.

It took this team 20 years to break me. I was a die hard before I got here. I was a die hard before this team had a name. This management has no vested interest in winning. They exist purely for profit. I may still watch but I no longer claim them as my team. It would be embarrassing to do so. As much as I hate the cowboys, I'll give Jerry credit. He wants to win.

I value this team now like I do the comedy channel. Just when you think it can't get worse we pioneer some new version of stupid and im to apathetic to care anymore. I stand by my opening post. F this toilet bowl collection of idiots who dont deserve our attention or loyalty. I'll watch, but I won't root for an outcome.
I told you, you couldn't quit. :)

Mangler

Toro de España
I'm very happy to hear from the super "secretive inside sources" that Watson is trying to figure out when he can meet with Caserio and discuss when the winning starts again.
Wait, what? When did Watson say this? If true, thats a damn good first step towards fixing all of this bs. With that said, I feel sorry for Caserio. He admittedly took this job because the Texans already have a franchise QB, which is the most important position in football.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I knew a big dude named garcia. He was a balif. He was always the life of the party and a gregarious guy. I'd known him for 20 years before his extra job. He was a die hard bears fan which is hard to find in these parts.

None of that mattered when 3 guys circled him and one cracked him across the temple with a beer bottle. He's never been the same since...

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Wait, what? When did Watson say this? If true, thats a damn good first step towards fixing all of this bs. With that said, I feel sorry for Caserio. He admittedly took this job because the Texans already have a franchise QB, which is the most important position in football.
Sorry Mangler....I was dripping with sarcasm when I made this particular statement. I was pissed another secret informant leaked the latest line of shite.

DW4 is a paid employee, he probably making more a year than the owners. But that does not give him the right to make the decisions above the quarterback level. I am tired of all of these prima-donnas high jacking the entire team because they are not happy with their contract that they signed or the team making decisions that they don't agree with.

Watson is one of the most selfish players on this team because of this. He is more concerned about his statics than winning games. He would rather take a sack with negative yards and make his offensive line look bad, then drill the ball into the ground and make his statics look bad.

He would rather take a touchback and give up 2 points, than mess up his statics. A lot of quarterbacks never give up a touchback in their career, he gave up one in two consecutive weeks. He is looking for a homerun on every play or something to go on the highlight reel.

He is not the only selfish one on the team, JJ Watt would rather go for sacks and no end containment. Mercilus looks like he just quit the team and doing walk thru for that big ole check. A lot on defense only want to bump tackle and the running backs will go down if they are touched. Their is some major selfish players here and I do not see any team players. I am not sure who on this team is the cancer, I think it might be Watson and Easterby. Get rid of both of them.

LOL imagine actually posting that on a public forum :banana:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I honestly don’t know why, but I’m 100x more optimistic about next season than I’ve been in a long while.

Maybe because I can see the bottom so clearly.
My optimistic side says maybe 5 or 6 wins next season max if we get some good coaching and maybe a surprise or two in the lower rounds of the draft. We've got a horrid piece of sh!t defense with hardly any talent that ain't getting fixed without some additional player talent and I don't care who's coaching the friggin team. And that's if Watson calms his ass down and stays, if Watson leaves I'm pretty sure I'll just be LOL'ing my way through next season.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My optimistic side says maybe 5 or 6 wins next season max if we get some good coaching and maybe a surprise or two in the lower rounds of the draft.
I’m thinking 5 wins as well. Like I said, it doesn’t make sense. After this Watson crap plays out, however it plays out, I feel like we’ll get on with getting on & put this chapter to bed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My optimistic side says maybe 5 or 6 wins next season max if we get some good coaching and maybe a surprise or two in the lower rounds of the draft. We've got a horrid piece of sh!t defense with hardly any talent that ain't getting fixed without some additional player talent and I don't care who's coaching the friggin team. And that's if Watson calms his ass down and stays, if Watson leaves I'm pretty sure I'll just be LOL'ing my way through next season.
I'm kind of hoping for a 2 to 4 win season next yr so the Texans will have their high draft pick along with the NYJ high draft pick.

Trade DW4 this yr and draft your QB. Finish with 4 wins and with the Texans/NYJ picks add 2 elite defenders. CB Stingley/DE Thibadeaux from LSU/Oregon come to mind as an example.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Surely you don't believe you were the only poster with constant doubts?
Skepticism and cynicism has been baked into the Houston fan base well before the Texans were even conceived. Bud and his stupid antics made sure of that. And, of course, the on-field results of the Oilers just cemented it all into place. 35-3 broke more than hearts. It broke the eternal hope that fans in other cities have in their souls. A lot of Houston fans are just looking for a good time now. And the Houston Texans GameDay Experience® caters to it.

And Vinny's oft-quoted comment about the Texans being a marketing company goes back to 2008, just six years after this franchise started.

Sep 22, 2008:

awesome...keep it up and too bad you don't want in marketing, because it means you will have to work for a different team other than the Texans of course. You can't quote me on this personally, but someone in the front office once told me that the Texans are a marketing company with a football division. Don't shoot the messenger. :gun:
Doubts have been here from the beginning in 2002, but Steel is right that more and more casual fans are starting to see what these owners are really all about. Unfortunately, PSL "investments" make sure that fans cannot be heard with their pocketbooks. Owners played the long con.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Skepticism and cynicism has been baked into the Houston fan base well before the Texans were even conceived. Bud and his stupid antics made sure of that. And, of course, the on-field results of the Oilers just cemented it all into place. 35-3 broke more than hearts. It broke the eternal hope that fans in other cities have in their souls. A lot of Houston fans are just looking for a good time now. And the Houston Texans GameDay Experience® caters to it.

And Vinny's oft-quoted comment about the Texans being a marketing company goes back to 2008, just six years after this franchise started.

Sep 22, 2008:

Doubts have been here from the beginning in 2002, but Steel is right that more and more casual fans are starting to see what these owners are really all about. Unfortunately, PSL "investments" make sure that fans cannot be heard with their pocketbooks. Owners played the long con.
Looking back on the posters then, (I miss them) they were into the draft/players available and very knowledgeable. Now this has turned into a McNair/Easterby/DW4 *****/Lovefest.

BigBen

Practice Squad
I usually just lurk and read...if it's true they didn't interview Saleh because he is muslim and the BIG plan is to have a strong Cristian Org...I am out...all rumors and they havn't hired anyone yet...so I will wait...if it's Fraizier then I am convinced that Easterby is FULLY in charge and driving the bus...no matter what you believe in an NFL team is not the place for exclusion...that will tell me that having a winning team is not the goal. I was an old Oilers fan and Texans from the start...I will have to walkaway from them if that is their goal.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I usually just lurk and read...if it's true they didn't interview Saleh because he is muslim and the BIG plan is to have a strong Cristian Org...I am out...all rumors and they havn't hired anyone yet...so I will wait...if it's Fraizier then I am convinced that Easterby is FULLY in charge and driving the bus...no matter what you believe in an NFL team is not the place for exclusion...that will tell me that having a winning team is not the goal. I was an old Oilers fan and Texans from the start...I will have to walkaway from them if that is their goal.
Thank you for sharing... :rolleyes:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The only reason I object to this whole christian organization thing is because it could limit your effectiveness in free agency and in keeping some players. Other than that it's only use to me is something else to add to my list of stupid-shitty-things the Texans do. And that list was already pretty long before christian hat tricks got added.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I walked away not long after I moved out here mainly because of BOB and me realizing that the Texans were never going to be what the Oilers were to me. If any of this is true I’m running even further away. I might even start rooting against them.

If true, more than Watson should want out. As a business owner you can’t force your personal beliefs on your employees, hire a pastor to influence your employees, or discriminate in hiring because of their religion. That’s just bizarre especially with an NFL franchise.

I’m also not sure what I’d do with this website because I would want no part in supporting the Texans organization.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
This whole “didn’t interview him because he’s a Muslim” thing has zero base in fact. I mean come on usually anything Steel says is automatically discarded yet that is what people are going to believe? People saying “if X happens then I know Z” fact is none of us really know jack about anything in the Texans organization and we are reading these “reporters” all with “unnamed sources” or “league sources” or “sources close to the situation”.

Even if they hire Fraizer it means absolutely nothing. EB is a offense guy and Fraizer is a defense guy. Maybe they think the offense is just missing the pieces to work but the defense needs a complete overhaul. It has merit, how many times over the last 3 years did the defense cost the team the win? More than the offense, so maybe they think that’s what needs focus.

People forget first and foremost the McNairs are business people and they know business and corporations better than any of us. They may not know how to win a championship but they know how to run a business. You really think they would open themselves up to the massive lawsuits and backlash of doing that?

I keep saying if you want to understand the things the McNairs do then look at the Texans not as a football team but as a corporation and no corporation is going to run those kind of risks. Stop believing the absolute worst just because you are unhappy with the results of the on field play.

Max

Veteran
This whole “didn’t interview him because he’s a Muslim” thing has zero base in fact.
Agreed

People forget first and foremost the McNairs are business people and they know business and corporations better than any of us. They may not know how to win a championship but they know how to run a business. You really think they would open themselves up to the massive lawsuits and backlash of doing that?
Bob McNair was a business person. Janice was married to a business person and Cal is a trust fund baby until he can prove otherwise.

BigBen

Practice Squad
This whole “didn’t interview him because he’s a Muslim” thing has zero base in fact. I mean come on usually anything Steel says is automatically discarded yet that is what people are going to believe? People saying “if X happens then I know Z” fact is none of us really know jack about anything in the Texans organization and we are reading these “reporters” all with “unnamed sources” or “league sources” or “sources close to the situation”.

Even if they hire Fraizer it means absolutely nothing. EB is a offense guy and Fraizer is a defense guy. Maybe they think the offense is just missing the pieces to work but the defense needs a complete overhaul. It has merit, how many times over the last 3 years did the defense cost the team the win? More than the offense, so maybe they think that’s what needs focus.

I keep saying if you want to understand the things the McNairs do then look at the Texans not as a football team but as a corporation and no corporation is going to run those kind of risks. Stop believing the absolute worst just because you are unhappy with the results of the on field play.
Definitely not saying there is any concrete...there is nothing and that is the problem. Nobody can or will define Easterby. We are left to fill in the blanks and the only thing we have is a Sports Illustrated article and a franchise that is visibly in disarray. We see ex players also chiming in about Easterby. There is a lot to watch from the outside...and usually smoke goes with fire. If they were more transparent it would be easier to make some informed opinions. As for now...we can only react to what is out there.

Maverick

Failure is not an option
Not easy to disagree with this. It seems it’s not about winning, it’s about checking the boxes on a super secret list in McNair/Easteby’s office.

And how convenient they share the same agent.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Definitely not saying there is any concrete...there is nothing and that is the problem. Nobody can or will define Easterby. We are left to fill in the blanks and the only thing we have is a Sports Illustrated article and a franchise that is visibly in disarray. We see ex players also chiming in about Easterby. There is a lot to watch from the outside...and usually smoke goes with fire. If they were more transparent it would be easier to make some informed opinions. As for now...we can only react to what is out there.
Rootes is stoking the coals of the fire.

Wonder why?

BigBen

Practice Squad
Rootes is stoking the coals of the fire.

Wonder why?
Roots lost a power struggle with Easterby so all of his comments are coming from that perspective. He isn't the only one making comments and that is where you perk up...with this many voices you start to lean away from disgruntled ex employee and more towards wondering what exactly is going on?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Bob McNair was a business person. Janice was married to a business person and Cal is a trust fund baby until he can prove otherwise.
Nailed it right here. It's really as simple as that, IMO.

Cal is in over his head. He will either run this franchise into the ground through sheer incompetence and/or the family eventually decides to sell before it's a devalued and stained brand.

Houston fans have already shown that they can run a team out of town via apathy. History often repeats itself for those that fail to learn its lessons.

I'm giving Caserio the benefit of the doubt for now. BUT, if the reports are true that Easterby is consolidating power and starting his own little Heaven's Gate cult on Kirby, then I doubt there is a football mind out there than can overcome that kind of internal mental cancer. Nobody will want to play here, and those that get stuck here through the draft will want out as quickly as possible. The fan base will evaporate even sooner.