Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I quit.

What has he won though?

This isn't college anymore.

If anything I would say if Brady doesn't get to make mgmt calls then neither will DW4. He certainly doesn't have the pelts on the wall. It's not the Patriot way. DW4's gone if they get a deal they like.
Man, you even admitted his oline coach was trash.

Yeah he hasn't won anything. But we all see what we see.

OB was the worst thing to happen to him.

Tell me Hightower/Chang etc.. would be back/be in good shape and I could give you a better answer. Sometimes sitting out for a yr can affect player performance. See: Laveon Bell.
Its all about the qb. No one cares about them.

Cam was going no where

Yeah that was caserio answer to no Brady. Cam

Think about going from TB12 to Cam, the GOAT to nothing.

For what it's worth.
I like jabbing with with steelbtexan. Can't stand him but appreciate him.

You guys know how I feel. We all got that person on the MB

Its all about the qb. No one cares about them.

Cam was going no where

Yeah that was caserio answer to no Brady. Cam

Think about going from TB12 to Cam, the GOAT to nothing.

1st yr and they waited until the last moment hoping Brady would re-sign in Foxboro. Plus everything was different with this yr and the Covid. You could make a case that Covid cost the Texans most of those close losses.

He didn't want decisions. He wanted input. And his input was avoided. I mean we talking interviews on zoom.

Our kids are learning ABCs on zoom.

Could Cal and Easterby not zoom for a few minutes?

And they were the ones asking him for input then chose to ignore it. They didn't even pretend to consider it. If you're not going to consider his input or opinion, don't ask him for it. They were the ones who blurred management/employee lines, not the other way around.

The team management wise finally looks like it might be on the right track. I don’t care what crybaby kids that just got paid millions think because they aren’t getting their way.

So he didn’t get a say in who his boss will be, welcome to the real world kid. I don’t even care if Watson was told he would, boss tells employee something that turns out not to be true isn’t exactly news. At least for Watson it wasn’t something like, “you’re not getting laid off” or “you are getting a raise.”

Team is bigger than any one player and this BS of nobody wants to play here will go away really fast if they win. Let a new GM and new HC build whatever team they want with whoever they want and not be tied down by past management.

I would far rather keep Watson but if he wants out then yeah let’s go the Patriot way and get him out to better the team long term. If Watson goes then no reason for a stud LT either so trade Tunsil and get his contract off the books as well. Even with JJ get the most you can for him.

The Texans don’t owe any player anything, they were paid very well for their talents and no one held a gun to head a forced them to sign with the team so I don’t buy into this “wasted their careers” BS. They knew what the team was and the situation was when they signed on the dotted line.

I for one am excited about seeing a full rebuild if the right people are put in place.
100% agree with this.

And they were the ones asking him for input then chose to ignore it. They didn't even pretend to consider it. If you're not going to consider his input or opinion, don't ask him for it. They were the ones who blurred management/employee lines, not the other way around.
When did the Texans offer Watson input on the GM hire?

Yawn, way to run a top organization. Blame covid. Meanwhile those other top notch organizations still playin.

It has more to do with holding out hope until the last minute Brady would re-sign.

The Opt outs, Cam getting and spreading the Covid around the team surely didn't help the cause.

How do you know they didn't consider DW4's input? Maybe they did a background check on Bienemy before requesting an interview (A typical practice) and didn't like the report they got back so interviewing him was a waste of time for both parties.

DW4 is a paid employee, he probably making more a year than the owners. But that does not give him the right to make the decisions above the quarterback level. I am tired of all of these prima-donnas high jacking the entire team because they are not happy with their contract that they signed or the team making decisions that they don't agree with.

Watson is one of the most selfish players on this team because of this. He is more concerned about his statics than winning games. He would rather take a sack with negative yards and make his offensive line look bad, then drill the ball into the ground and make his statics look bad.

He would rather take a touchback and give up 2 points, than mess up his statics. A lot of quarterbacks never give up a touchback in their career, he gave up one in two consecutive weeks. He is looking for a homerun on every play or something to go on the highlight reel.

He is not the only selfish one on the team, JJ Watt would rather go for sacks and no end containment. Mercilus looks like he just quit the team and doing walk thru for that big ole check. A lot on defense only want to bump tackle and the running backs will go down if they are touched. Their is some major selfish players here and I do not see any team players. I am not sure who on this team is the cancer, I think it might be Watson and Easterby. Get rid of both of them.

DW4 is a paid employee, he probably making more a year than the owners. But that does not give him the right to make the decisions above the quarterback level. I am tired of all of these prima-donnas high jacking the entire team because they are not happy with their contract that they signed or the team making decisions that they don't agree with.

Watson is one of the most selfish players on this team because of this. He is more concerned about his statics than winning games. He would rather take a sack with negative yards and make his offensive line look bad, then drill the ball into the ground and make his statics look bad.

He would rather take a touchback and give up 2 points, than mess up his statics. A lot of quarterbacks never give up a touchback in their career, he gave up one in two consecutive weeks. He is looking for a homerun on every play or something to go on the highlight reel.

He is not the only selfish one on the team, JJ Watt would rather go for sacks and no end containment. Mercilus looks like he just quit the team and doing walk thru for that big ole check. A lot on defense only want to bump tackle and the running backs will go down if they are touched. Their is some major selfish players here and I do not see any team players. I am not sure who on this team is the cancer, I think it might be Watson and Easterby. Get rid of both of them.

Liked for the last sentence.

Let Watson go and good luck to him. Let Watt go and double good luck to him. Get a decent, experienced, been around, known HC with a good record. Get rid of everyone else who might bring a Rd1,2,3 draft pick. Make a feast of this years draft and look for a better future.

Keeping Watson will only prolong the 4 & 12 agony. May he prosper in Miami/NY/SF.

Build a team we can finally care about.

I dont know about watson being the most selfish in the team, being the team leader that he is I believe he's voicing the teams frustration towards easterby for reasons we can only guess (I sure like to find out). The fact that AJ of all ppl came out attacking easterby says alot. Fire easterby and I think we be good

And for the part where watson cares only for stats? Lol Ahhhh noooo I don't think so

I dont know about watson being the most selfish in the team, being the team leader that he is I believe he's voicing the teams frustration towards easterby for reasons we can only guess (I sure like to find out). The fact that AJ of all ppl came out attacking easterby says alot. Fire easterby and I think we be good

And for the part where watson cares only for stats? Lol Ahhhh noooo I don't think so

I get what you are saying but frankly, who cares what this team is frustrated about. WRs and TEs that can't catch a ball that hits them dead in the chest, a center that screws up a game deciding snap, overpaid defense players that couldn't stop someone in a flag football game, RBs that could get more yards if they just fell forward holding the ball out and I could keep going. Even JJ called them out for not caring and phoning it in. So again I ask who cares what this bunch of overpaid bench warmers want, they clearly don't care about the team enough to give it their best so why should the front office care about them enough to consider their thoughts and feelings?

I quit awhile ago. I kept my eye on them this year, hoping **** would turn around. I thought by them firing O'Brian they were turning the corner. I didn't realize it was a damned circle.

I won't be giving any more time or effort into the Texans. Spending the last 18 years rooting for a business that refuses to be a football team, has drained my life away. For several reasons I moved on from the Texans.

1. I don't live in Texas for a reason. Call me a Liberal Snowflake or whatever; but I believe equality for everyone is a real thing. This front office and their "Don't let the inmates run the prison" attitude doesn't sit well with me. Nor did it sit well when good ol' Daddy McNair donated money to the Harris County Anti-Trans bathroom bill. Seriously, I can't tolerate that kind of mentality.
2. The McNairs are only here to make money, not actually put a good product on the field. They were the first NFL team to put their freaking logo on anything.
3. I can't for the life of me understand why any player would want to be here beyond a rookie contract. Look at their history. Andre Johnson - Wasted, Arian Foster - Wasted, Matt Schaub - Broken, JJ Watt - Wasted, DeAndre Hopkins - Traded for a broken RB with a bigger contract, and now the DeShaun Watson fiasco. All of that lies solely at the feet of the McNairs. Final say and sign off comes from them. These ******* horse traders should have stayed in their ******* lane.

I have some Texans gear that I'll be getting rid of: couple of hats, jerseys, mini helmet, and some other things. Can't decide if I'll just donate it or try to make a couple of bucks back on it.

Have a nice life folks. I need to go find some Seattle Seahawks gear now.

I quit awhile ago. I kept my eye on them this year, hoping **** would turn around. I thought by them firing O'Brian they were turning the corner. I didn't realize it was a damned circle.

I won't be giving any more time or effort into the Texans. Spending the last 18 years rooting for a business that refuses to be a football team, has drained my life away. For several reasons I moved on from the Texans.

1. I don't live in Texas for a reason. Call me a Liberal Snowflake or whatever; but I believe equality for everyone is a real thing. This front office and their "Don't let the inmates run the prison" attitude doesn't sit well with me. Nor did it sit well when good ol' Daddy McNair donated money to the Harris County Anti-Trans bathroom bill. Seriously, I can't tolerate that kind of mentality.
2. The McNairs are only here to make money, not actually put a good product on the field. They were the first NFL team to put their freaking logo on anything.
3. I can't for the life of me understand why any player would want to be here beyond a rookie contract. Look at their history. Andre Johnson - Wasted, Arian Foster - Wasted, Matt Schaub - Broken, JJ Watt - Wasted, DeAndre Hopkins - Traded for a broken RB with a bigger contract, and now the DeShaun Watson fiasco. All of that lies solely at the feet of the McNairs. Final say and sign off comes from them. These ******* horse traders should have stayed in their ******* lane.

I have some Texans gear that I'll be getting rid of: couple of hats, jerseys, mini helmet, and some other things. Can't decide if I'll just donate it or try to make a couple of bucks back on it.

Have a nice life folks. I need to go find some Seattle Seahawks gear now.
So a slightly used Houston Texans letter jacket as a peace offering is totally out of the question?

Last edited:
Been out since Hopkins trade. Where is accountability for that, beyond stupid trade, of DeAndre Hopkins I’m sure it extends beyond O’Brian. Major driving force had to be Easterby, who felt morally compelled to expel Hopkins for his moral and Religious beliefs. Until he himself who cast the first stone is gone I’m out on Cal McNair’s franchise.

Major driving force had to be Easterby, who felt morally compelled to expel Hopkins for his moral and Religious beliefs.
That is easy to believe, but I truly do not believe that was the case. The Patriot way is to work with those types find a way for everyone to be included & work towards the same goal. Not to get rid of said players, especially not to the detriment of the team.

That is easy to believe, but I truly do not believe that was the case. The Patriot way is to work with those types find a way for everyone to be included & work towards the same goal. Not to get rid of said players, especially not to the detriment of the team.
Yes sir, there are several examples of the Patriots signing troubled players and getting great value out of them.

F this team. How long will you hold on to promises? This organization is bull shitz.

I don't blame you. This franchise is a circus run by clowns.

At this point, it's beyond being a fan. Fan is short for fanatic. How anyone could possibly be fanatical for this garbage is beyond my comprehension.

So then it really comes down to the simple concept of customer and product. If a restaurant put out meals that were the equivalent of how this organization is run, they'd be shut down by the healthy department ("slime in the ice machine!" lol) and lack of customers.

I love pro football. So I'll keep watching the good teams and the good games.

However, trying act like I care about something that I'm really apathetic about and partially despise is not my M.O. Crappy franchises are simply not entertaining.

All you have to do is read Andre Johnson's words. He has not tweeted anything beyond product endorsements in two freakin' years, and then he drops this truth bomb:

"The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!" ~ Andre Johnson

I stick around for the forum, but honestly, this franchise doesn't deserve fans like y'all. It just doesn't. It's a default situation - I get it, hometown team and all that jazz - but they simply have not earned the loyalty and respect afforded to them by so many regular people.

:thud:

I don't blame you. This franchise is a circus run by clowns.

At this point, it's beyond being a fan. Fan is short for fanatic. How anyone could possibly be fanatical for this garbage is beyond my comprehension.

So then it really comes down to the simple concept of customer and product. If a restaurant put out meals that were the equivalent of how this organization is run, they'd be shut down by the healthy department ("slime in the ice machine!" lol) and lack of customers.

I love pro football. So I'll keep watching the good teams and the good games.

However, trying act like I care about something that I'm really apathetic about and partially despise is not my M.O. Crappy franchises are simply not entertaining.

All you have to do is read Andre Johnson's words. He has not tweeted anything beyond product endorsements in two freakin' years, and then he drops this truth bomb:

"The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!" ~ Andre Johnson

I stick around for the forum, but honestly, this franchise doesn't deserve fans like y'all. It just doesn't. It's a default situation - I get it, hometown team and all that jazz - but they simply have not earned the loyalty and respect afforded to them by so many regular people.

This is so true. I had a love / hate relationship with the Oilers. This team is just blah and boring, all the way from the name, uniform, to how things are run, etc. You can say a lot of things about the Bud Adams and the Oilers but blah and boring is not one of them.

I was totally onboard in the beginning because I felt like I needed to root for an NFL team in my home state. I could never root for the Cowboys. Besides opening night, this organization has consistently dropped the ball with me over and over again. I have rarely been on board with so many things they have done since they started. DW was one of the positive things they've done but now they're screwing that up.

Being a lifelong Bucs fan too I can tell you that franchise QBs don't grow on trees. Outside of Doug Williams and Tom Brady they haven't had one. The Bucs have NEVER signed a QB to a second contract. Now the league is all about having a top flight QB, you cannot win without one. Just look at the 4 teams left right now.

This team needs different ownership and a rebranding. It sucks for Houston, but they aren't my problem. I haven't lived in Houston since 1982 so no need for me to care about what Cal and company are doing. That said, letting DW walk will be something they will regret for years to come.

I’ve lived in MD for over 16 years. I’ve watched my Texans and the local teams. Every time Ravens got the best of the situation; draft, field, FO. I’ve watched them celebrate 2 SBs. Why do franchises win SB? They do all the things they don’t do on Kirby.

Just like when the Oilers left; follow good players and watch good football. Which of those are the Texans way?

This is so true. I had a love / hate relationship with the Oilers. This team is just blah and boring, all the way from the name, uniform, to how things are run, etc. You can say a lot of things about the Bud Adams and the Oilers but blah and boring is not one of them.

I was totally onboard in the beginning because I felt like I needed to root for an NFL team in my home state. I could never root for the Cowboys. Besides opening night, this organization has consistently dropped the ball with me over and over again. I have rarely been on board with so many things they have done since they started. DW was one of the positive things they've done but now they're screwing that up.

Being a lifelong Bucs fan too I can tell you that franchise QBs don't grow on trees. Outside of Doug Williams and Tom Brady they haven't had one. The Bucs have NEVER signed a QB to a second contract. Now the league is all about having a top flight QB, you cannot win without one. Just look at the 4 teams left right now.

This team needs different ownership and a rebranding. It sucks for Houston, but they aren't my problem. I haven't lived in Houston since 1982 so no need for me to care about what Cal and company are doing. That said, letting DW walk will be something they will regret for years to come.

I hear ya', man. I've tried. Lord knows I've tried. But, the feelings I had toward the Oilers as a kid are simply nontransferable to the corporate creation known as the Houston Texans.

Been to 100+ games, always wearing gear and a hard hat. Season tickets/tailgating for almost a decade. Took freakin' bathes in the battle red koolaide, stayed until 0:00 was on the game clock of a 2-14 season. Donated an unkown amount of time to a fan message board to help the community. I don't even want to try to calculate how much money I've spent on tickets, tailgating, merchandise, etc. I lived and breathed it, just like many others here.

Heck, I've even had my picture used in their marketing. Me, screaming my head off (for probably yet another futile defensive stand lol), in my hard hat, next to my best bud doing the same.

All that said. . .I'm just empty. I've got nothing left to give this franchise. I simply don't care anymore. I have no respect for the owner. I do not believe he is capable on any level of fielding a championship-caliber team. And this is the fundamental difference between Bud and the McNairs. I never doubted Bud's desire to win, just his methods. I have nothing but doubts with regards to the McNair family.

I've tried to switch teams before in 2006. Didn't work because I'm unable to have the same level of emotion for any other team than this one.

I've got other character flaws as well, but this is the one I hate the most.

I thought I used to be the same way. Like Dorothy skipping down the yellow brick road.

Then I saw it was just a bald, fat man behind a curtain pushing buttons and it all stopped being magic.

Been out since Hopkins trade. Where is accountability for that, beyond stupid trade, of DeAndre Hopkins I’m sure it extends beyond O’Brian. Major driving force had to be Easterby, who felt morally compelled to expel Hopkins for his moral and Religious beliefs. Until he himself who cast the first stone is gone I’m out on Cal McNair’s franchise.
The general consensus is the main driving force on Nuk's departure is Momma Watson and Momma McNair. Easterby and O'Brien were the executioners.

Unlike yous i dont have anything that links me to this team, never been to houston, no family there etc

Back here at home football is non existent, but in 2004 through playing madden with a group of friends we had this rule where 1. Two ppl can't pick the same team and 2. you pick a team and stick with them forever. So since all the good teams were taken i was left with you guessed it "houston texans" but I liked the team logo so there was that........and 16 years later, Im still here cause of a video game:texflag::toropalm:

Unlike yous i dont have anything that links me to this team, never been to houston, no family there etc

Back here at home football is non existent, but in 2004 through playing madden with a group of friends we had this rule where 1. Two ppl can't pick the same team and 2. you pick a team and stick with them forever. So since all the good teams were taken i was left with you guessed it "houston texans" but I liked the team logo so there was that........and 16 years later, Im still here cause of a video game:texflag::toropalm:

You may be the unluckiest person here hahahaha

This team is just blah and boring, all the way from the name, uniform, to how things are run, etc.
I like the name. Texans. Ever since I heard that it brought to mind images of Texas independence Texans. Texians.

Kind of like Buccaneer is a swashbuckling pirate.

Texans
0300b4f6ba0eee80c005993f059fed1943f8972107f708d0c7cd3a1a.jpg.1000x795_q85.jpg

sadly im in this **** 4 LIFE im a texans fan till i die and after i die has well through the many downs and little ups :P

anywho I find it amazing how cal will choose Jack esterbee over watson

Jack really is the rasputin in the texans organization im really starting to feel worried about cal he might be under some sort of spell LOL we might have to go rescue him or something

A lot of us are in this for the length of time they're the NFL franchise in Houston. I've been here all my life so it makes no sense to root for anyone other than the (current) Houston team. So for that, I'm in it for as long as they're here. If they pull a frigging Oilers on me then **** 'em and I'll wait for the next team.

A lot of us are in this for the length of time they're the NFL franchise in Houston. I've been here all my life so it makes no sense to root for anyone other than the (current) Houston team. So for that, I'm in it for as long as they're here. If they pull a frigging Oilers on me then **** 'em and I'll wait for the next team.

pretty much LOL

when the oilers left i was like whats the closest team i can root for now

Dallas......... nope

Saints.......nah

i guess ST louis rams it his but they left 2 lol thank god the texans came in 2002

Back