Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[Hypothetical] Good Mills, Average Texans

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
How long did it take "people" to start second guessing the JaMarcus Russell pick?

Trevor Lawrence is extremely talented. If you can't see that you're hating.

Still, the fan in me wants Mills to be the better QB.
We have to remember the best QB or the most talented doesn’t determine if you are going to win the super bowl. See Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. It helps but it isn’t the determining factor. You can’t roll with Brian Hoyer but you don’t need Aaron Rodgers either.

Mangler

Toro de España
How long did it take "people" to start second guessing the JaMarcus Russell pick?

I didn’t see anything from Trevor Lawrence in 2021 that impressed me. Wasn’t impressed when he was at Clemson either. I said he would be nothing more than Blake Bortles 2.0 and I stand by it. Now, I won’t be mad if he ends up being the next Peyton Manning under the new coaching staff. I’ll eat my words if he proves me wrong, but I just don’t believe he will. Just my personal opinion.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Russell killed his own career way before it got started.

Is that directed at me? Because nowhere in my comment says anything about him being talentless.

Mills has shown potential over his last five games. The more time he has I believe he will get better.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

Well for as many people who are questioning Mills arm strength, I certainly didn't see a rocket arm in Lawrence. In fact I saw him throw a lot of sideline interceptions that some posters are saying Mills is going to throw. Do I still think he can be a solid quarterback.. yes I do. Do I think he was over hyped.. absolutely.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
All rookie QBs should get 3 yrs to develop.
Why 3 years. In my opinion, players and passing games are way more advanced than in the past. Kids are throwing over 1000 times before they get to college. In college, they're throwing another 1600 times. 15 years ago, this wasn't the case, plus most of the college passing concepts are in the pro's which wasn't the case years back. Its like the nba vs the international game. You see international players transitioning easier and quicker with success in the nba because the style of play is on equal footing. Lamar Jackson threw the ball 1086 times in 3 years, Peyton threw the ball 1300 times in 4 years. Qbs are coming in more pro ready than earlier generations.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why 3 years. In my opinion, players and passing games are way more advanced than in the past. Kids are throwing over 1000 times before they get to college. In college, they're throwing another 1600 times. 15 years ago, this wasn't the case, plus most of the college passing concepts are in the pro's which wasn't the case years back. Its like the nba vs the international game. You see international players transitioning easier and quicker with success in the nba because the style of play is on equal footing. Lamar Jackson threw the ball 1086 times in 3 years, Peyton threw the ball 1300 times in 4 years. Qbs are coming in more pro ready than earlier generations.
It's my opinion that you don't know what you have in a QB until sometime in the middle of yr 3. Feel free to disagree. I'm sure there are some outliers.

I expect a guy like Kyler to make a big jump this year. If he doesn't the Cards need to get back into the QB market.

Last edited:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
It's my opinion that you don't know what you have in a QB until sometime in the middle of yr 3. Feel free to disagree. I'm sure there are some outliers.

I expect a guy like Kyler to make a big jump this year. If he doesn't the Cards news to get back into the QB market.
Or maybe the coach is trash vs another qb

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

So far Mills has been the better QB.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So far Mills has been the better QB.
In a 5 game span of a meaningless season. TLaw is the more talented prospect. Doesn't make him a better prospect.

But if I had a point it's that both may turn out to be great QBs. Both may turn out to be ridiculously poor QBs.

Right now, it's hard to say which about either.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In a 5 game span of a meaningless season. TLaw is the more talented prospect. Doesn't make him a better prospect.

But if I had a point it's that both may turn out to be great QBs. Both may turn out to be ridiculously poor QBs.

Right now, it's hard to say which about either.
Mills had a better 5 game stretch than any stretch Lawrence had.

Word to the wise, dont bet on Clemson QB's to be successful in the NFL. Same goes with Ohio St. QB's and USC QB's although this may change now that Riley is there.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Who is "mentoring" Mills? His coach or a respected QB or a close friend or a combination of any of the above.
I guess I am asking does he have a "go-to" guy?