Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hurricane Ike

Still no power or water at 9:00 Monday morning... No sleep. 2 half gallons 1 case of beer gone.. No showers and I smell like ass!! So I came to work - we have power and water here.. Just no showers.

Who wants some company?... :pirate:

Glad to hear so many are doing well, and prayers to those still suffering.

Some local pics I was able to get with my camers:

536c6c4be973.jpg

00a2eb96e4b2.jpg

2762f4a7bd2f.jpg

77a25120992a.jpg

0d42885c342b.jpg

2e6891ed5976.jpg

Still no power or water at 9:00 Monday morning... No sleep. 2 half gallons 1 case of beer gone.. No showers and I smell like ass!! So I came to work - we have power and water here.. Just no showers.

Who wants some company?... :pirate:

Glad to hear so many are doing well, and prayers to those still suffering.

If you're willing to drive a few hours, we'll spray you down with the garden hose.

Crystal Beach is gone, My dad has/had a house there. Total devistation, he called the Galveston Chamber of Commerece because he couldnt get the Bolivar CC and was told that there was pretty much nothing left.

Look at the pictures on Yahoo.

I have a house in Crosby and three brothers and parents with houses in Clear Lake that all made it alright with little damage. I will be coming home fron Mississippi this week to chop trees in my yard....good times.

Part of Crystal beach is on my mom's property over 20 miles away, the debris field blocks the long drive way and you have to walk up. It was this debris that slammed into my mom's house and busted it open and the surge took over from there. The house is a total loss, my brother's house is a total loss, my mom's truck and brother's car are a total loss.

If you're willing to drive a few hours, we'll spray you down with the garden hose.

I appreciate the offer - very much. Unfortunately my parents still have no power and they are officially out of ice. So, I may have to drive around town looking for some... My sister is without power also.

Thanks for the pictures Bill...you could try a spit bath in the sink!!!

Hardcore how the hell are you holding up..good lord!!!!

Cl good luck with your drive back and clean up good hearing from you.

Thanks for the pictures Bill...you could try a spit bath in the sink!!!

Hardcore how the hell are you holding up..good lord!!!!

Cl good luck with your drive back and clean up good hearing from you.

Not worth a damn really, a pretty helpless feeling.

Crystal Beach in the video below is about 12-14 miles away or so as the crow flies south from my Mom's house. It is the debris from these house that is scattered all over the propterty. A tree from this area came through her front door where she would have been taking care of my Dad, that's where his hospital was set up at, all compliments of the storm surge.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/weather/2008/09/14/lavandera.ike.crystal.beach.cnn

Still a mess out there. Not much gas around town from what I hear and the lines to get gas are really long. Lot of people without power still. FEMA screwed this one up too, especially in Galveston and the coastal areas.

Paul, where is your mother and brother now?

Either in Anahuac with relatives or at my mom's house (15 miles south of Anahuac) salvaging all they can from her belongings. I can't get through to them, I have to wait for their phone call if and when they are able to call.

Would your mother have been in that house if your father had not passed?

Yes, in fact where my dad's hospital bed was set up is where the tree came through the front door into the house. My brother and mom would have not left had my dad not passed Thursday morning.

Yes, in fact where my dad's hospital bed was set up is where the tree came through the front door into the house. My brother and mom would have not left had my dad not passed Thursday morning.

You really have had to endure an absolutely horrible past week. I'm really sorry for your loss. Thats a pretty incredible situation.

Last edited:
Quote:Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229
Anyone watching Weather Channel? A streaker ran by the camera just a few minutes ago....roommate and I were kind of stunned.

I thought I had dreamed that. Glad to get some affirmation that it did in fact happen.

That was TB looking for a shower. :D

For those without any water pressure, your hot water heater should have 40+ gallons of water in it.
At the bottom of the hot water heater is a valve that will drain it. Instructions are usually posted on tank.
I'd still boil it though if you need it for drinking.
Or you could use it to help flush toilets. Just a thought.

Hi guys....first time i've seen a computer screen in 3 days, but I am at my office in Pearland where there is power. I hope everyone stayed safe. We weathered the storm at our house in Alvin. Rough night to say the least. Tree fell on my fence, lost a chunk of roof(no leaks thank God). We had the storm surge rush in from Chocolate Bayou and flooded us in for the first 24 hrs after the storm hit. Our town of Alvin is in shambles and it feels like there is no help for the people that didnt prepare. I will try to upload some of the pics I took.

Glad to see everyone's coming back and are okay! I got in touch with my brother and he's doing fine. My moms house almost flooded but it didn't and the big oak tree in the backyard fell away from her house. Please no more hurricanes!

Still a mess out there. Not much gas around town from what I hear and the lines to get gas are really long. Lot of people without power still. FEMA screwed this one up too, especially in Galveston and the coastal areas.

ATX I have a message from SheTexan for you: For one you should have stayed in Austin instead of coming to Houston to gawk at the storm then there would be more gas for the people in need!!!

Second in her opinion living in Pasenda off the ship channel she feels that FEMA has been doing an EXCELLENT job with the current situation they are getting "pods" filled with supplies ect she has nothing but good things to say with how they are handling things...if you are complaining about not having ice then you need greater things to worry about

ATX I have a message from SheTexan for you: For one you should have stayed in Austin instead of coming to Houston to gawk at the storm then there would be more gas for the people in need!!!

Second in her opinion living in Pasenda off the ship channel she feels that FEMA has been doing an EXCELLENT job with the current situation they are getting "pods" filled with supplies ect she has nothing but good things to say with how they are handling things...if you are complaining about not having ice then you need greater things to worry about

I need ice. I still have a ton of vodka to drink. J/K

The media frenzy came about by a miscommunication between agencies (The City of Houston and FEMA). They corrected the problem so I am glad folks near the Ship Channel and other areas are getting or starting to get the supplies and help needed...

In the meantime, the media will do what it does - which sucks!!!

It sounds like FEMA has been sort of hit or miss. They were slow getting supplies in, but it seems like they've been dispering them well once they got here.

A few pics I took Saturday.....

l_f07e7980653816322b60d265d846c588.jpg

My Street
l_50b66e3ee8aaf1708779d888452c00f1.jpg

My Backyard(yes that's my neighbor's trampoline)
l_2c98c2aab766d093c6bb71a1454756c5.jpg

l_4cf2db9fa55e29199ba64af6b153086b.jpg

l_d8f8efdf4ed3dcd41dfd862e979e21c1.jpg

l_f4952c73d2d2f1aff3381d0a8160bb3f.jpg

I only see little red x's...

Y'all had a tornado go through too, didn't ya? Doc has been trying since Sunday to contact his friend in Alvin...I have several down there too that I am worried about.

*glad to hear you are OK!*

I have a bunch of pictures (40), but don't feel like posting them because of the posting pictures limit. Too many double posts, and stuff.

I have a bunch of pictures (40), but don't feel like posting them because of the posting pictures limit. Too many double posts, and stuff.

I know this pretty cool poster on the board who is sometimes too lazy to go through the effort of posting pictures and then makes a post to remind us of of the pics we will never see, I would call him out on it and tell y'all his name but I don't really feel like it.

:jk:

yayyyyyy we have power here in Houston now. We faired ok. only lost power for a couple days, My mother lives in Old Seabrook and her house had some major flooding and a tree on her roof. My brother lives in New Seabrook and only had a hole in the roof. THANK GOD everyone is OK:splits:

FYI, we made it. Drove to a bar in spring to get out. No power and trees down bad in the woodlands.

Anyway, at some friends house... The ice is cold, the adult beverages are nice and the brisket is smoked to perfection. Not only that, I was able to get a shave and a hot shower, so I no longer smell like ass......

We have some friends over at the Bucaneers message boards wishing all the best. The Titans board was more or less "meh" as was the Colts board.

Love my friends at TT and we'll all be meeting up this weekend to whoop the ever livin' snot out of the Tinnbreads... or so I hope!!!

PS... TO is an asshat!!

came to a friends for power/water. i can go down my street 5 houses from my complex and there's power, and go for 5 more houses and there isn't. In both directions. So no power/water and no visible damage besides some small limbs down and yet nothing doing in midtown. blah

Not to make light of anything, but whoever built the lone remaining house did an amazing job. Total destruction, but that lone house remains almost pristine

Good to see all made it through ok...... I came through great all things considering. No damage at all to my house, still had running water & gas the day after, just no electricity. I stemmed that problem a little with my generator.

My main issues have been with resources as gas & food has been hard to come by these past couple of days (as im sure they all over houston & surrounding areas). My neighbor & i have been working together to keep my generator running; he's been going out hustling for gas & in return i'm letting him keep his fridge & a couple of other things plugged up to it.....shout out to Mr. & Mrs. Carillo in Humble TX....truly great neighbors.

On a side rant, Channels 2,11,13 & 26 made me so mad this weekend b/c they blocked out all the football to devote coverage to hurricane Ike. i understand that this was a large catastrophic ideal here & you have to cover it like it's the last story you'll ever do, but for those of us who have their alternate channels on satellite, they could've at least ran the regularly scheduled progamming over there. By Sunday, i was so tired of hearing & living through Ike's mess, i just wanted to get away from it for a moment & do what i normally do on sunday, but no...........

Last edited:
Back