Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How patient are y’all going to be with CJ Stroud this season?

And yours to huh. You responds to his bull too. And stop that nonsense. Throwing rocks and trying hide your hands.
I didn't say anything about anyone else's head now did I? You're not the only one on whose head he resides. I'm trying to break myself from the bad habit on falling down the rabbit hole and you haven't seen me going back and forth with him lately and I'm not going to with you either. Everyone on this board knows the truth... brother

I didn't say anything about anyone else's head now did I? You're not the only one on whose head he resides. I'm trying to break myself from the bad habit on falling down the rabbit hole and you haven't seen me going back and forth with him lately and I'm not going to with you either. Everyone on this board knows the truth... brother
You were going back and forth with him just a day ago. And dude I haven’t said anything to him until today.

I just think everyone needs to leave everyone else's heads alone.

Please.

Unless there's been some sort of verbal consent given...

:backsout:

Receivers getting open and catching passes they should, a solid running attack and at least an offensive line that allows CJ a decent amount of time to deliver accurate asses.

Outside of the running game last season all other areas of the offense need to improve.
As long as the ol is solid the run game will work. The WR's while not stellar will be good enough for posters to be able to judge Strouds progress. Certainly better than what Mills has had to work with the last couple of years.

You’ve been throwing around two members name for the longest. Now you want us to believe you got that from where again?

I’m running with Coach Ryan’s. He says otherwise.
From a long time season ticketholer who's sat in front of me for the last 2 decades.

Believe what you want. I'm fine withy friend that told me this and that's all that matters.

You have no more chance of stopping that than anyone has about changing your opinion about anything
My opinions have changed over the yrs, especially about certain players.

Agreed with the rest of the post.

And yours to huh. You responds to his bull too. And stop that nonsense. Throwing rocks and trying hide your hands.
Rent free in your head.

Are those rocks I hear rattling around.? Nope it's just the sound of extreme fandom and that's a good thing.

Wish I was more like you.

Reactions: JB
I'm by no means, fan of Ohio State but Buckeye Homer has brought both light, humor and discourse to CJ Stroud much to the chagrin of several devout Texan fans that I'm familiar with. Moving along, did anybody happen to notice, Caserio just grabbed a great OT to fill swing tackle/RT?

C'mon man. Get with the program.
I think the focus next year will be on weapons and depth
we have more weapons and depth this year, other than OL, which can take up to 3 years to replenish. I want to see commitment to that and trenches overall. People need to be more patient with skilled weapons and time to develop them. Trenches are where it’s at to build a solid foundation.

I'm by no means, fan of Ohio State but Buckeye Homer has brought both light, humor and discourse to CJ Stroud much to the chagrin of several devout Texan fans that I'm familiar with. Moving along, did anybody happen to notice, Caserio just grabbed a great OT to fill swing tackle/RT?

we have more weapons and depth this year, other than OL, which can take up to 3 years to replenish. I want to see commitment to that and trenches overall. People need to be more patient with skilled weapons and time to develop them. Trenches are where it’s at to build a solid foundation.
In that case, I’m expecting our two highest picks to go towards a highly regarded DE or LB (if available) when Caserio is on the clock. Next need to be filled should be WR cause we don’t have one and our QB1 needs one BADLY!

Love Buckeye joining the MB. He's fair minded while maintaining his undying love for anything Columbus related.

Yet you see guys like Garrett Wilson , Olave tearing it up.

In that case, I’m expecting our two highest picks to go towards a highly regarded DE or LB (if available) when Caserio is on the clock. Next need to be filled should be WR cause we don’t have one and our QB1 needs one BADLY!
I will be very happy if Caserio is able to add one of Bowers,MHJ, Verse in the draft. Difference makers. The 2024 wr class is better than the 2023 class, but not as good as the 2022 class. My sleeper wr is Jordan Whittington.

Yes, but the focus of the draft early does not need to be OL depth. I did say depth needed to be addressed, but the focus of the draft early needs to be finding a TE and a WR to start. Depth can come after that. Hopefully the Texans are getting close to BPA in their drafts

Your asking for 2024 1st rd target using Browns pick for OL over WR?
Yes, but the focus of the draft early does not need to be OL depth. I did say depth needed to be addressed, but the focus of the draft early needs to be finding a TE and a WR to start. Depth can come after that. Hopefully the Texans are getting close to BPA in their drafts
Need to protect Stroud, be more dominant in run game
I was telling @Buckeye Homer that we needed to address skill positions first and add depth later, then you told me no we needed to add OL to get a dominant run game because there was enough weapons. I don't drink anymore, but maybe I should

Hoping worst for Browns 😂 but still probably not have shot top of board for elite pair (Fashanu or Mims) should have shot @ Alabama OT, JC Latham 6-6 335.

Tytus Howard was a reach pick for first round, he is not. Big contract, injured most opportune time, pathway will be clearly by next draft.

Far as last years draft, if Latham were on the board 15th pick Jets would have drafted him. Over a very promising DE Will McDonald or Ohio State standout WR Jaxson Smith.

If you feel comfortable with money they’ve invested on OL your probably just like Cal McNair. Money isn’t always the answer. High draft picks not necessarily either, just see Tytus. Only drafted Texan OL earning starting role is Juice. People complained Texans overdrafted him too.

I haven't followed the discussion you and Buck-eye Homer are having but thanks for response. CJ just needs protection, he has weapons now but they too need to develop.

Sorry, late to the game. Seems Texans viewed RT weakness as well, signed Josh Jones, giving Arizona a 5th & 7th 2024 picks (they already have Texans 1st & 3rd Anderson trade). Clearly taking OL out of conversation. JB you are right, I’m wrong, target WR with Browns pick more likely :bunpan:
If they viewed Howard as a weakness, why did they extend him? I think they traded for Jones because he was cheap and good depth/insurance policy with Howard injured

If they viewed Howard as a weakness, why did they extend him? I think they traded for Jones because he was cheap and good depth/insurance policy with Howard injured

can't be as cheap as both a 5th & 7th. just another example of Caserio giving away future draft capital of that I'm sure.

have no idea how they based Howard contract, certainly not merit.

can't be as cheap as both a 5th & 7th. just another example of Caserio giving away future draft capital of that I'm sure.

have no idea how they based Howard contract, certainly not merit.
It's a 5th for Jones and a 7th. Far from an exorbitant price considering most teams don't have great o-line starters let alone depth.

Howard's contract was based on merit and on market. Having him walk could be disastrous as you could easily pay more for less in free agency or be stuck trying to draft and develop a guy for 2+ years again.

Agreed,

The system works, I just got through watching Purdy. It's just a matter of how quickly Stroud Can learn the system.

What I'm trying to stop is it seems to me that some posters are trying to build in excuses like if Stroud doesn't succeed it will be Slowik's fault.
If Kyle Shannahan were the OC, I'd buy into that. He isn't. Bobby Slowik is. He's never called plays before. There will be a learning curve for the whole team.

If Kyle Shannahan were the OC, I'd buy into that. He isn't. Bobby Slowik is. He's never called plays before. There will be a learning curve for the whole team.
Agreed about the learning curve.

How long did it take Shanny to become a quality OC? It wasn't long.

How long did it take Kubiak to become a Quality OC in Minny? Ryans chose Slowik over Kubiak for the OC position. It's been reported that Slowik's a genius level person.

It didn't take long for LaFluer to become a quality OC.

If Slowik doesn't succeed it will be a rare thing coming from the Shanny tree, which is why if Stroud doesn't succeed it wont be because of Slowik. IMHO

This is also why I wanted a vet HC like Payton, Reich so that the McNair's would have proven HC's that could put together a veteran staff. This would be a 1st for a McNair owned franchise. Like I said nothing has really changed down on Kirby.

I really like what I saw from CJ tonight. I feel bad watching Mills playing with the 2nd and 3rd stringers out there. He’s getting killed! The backup Offensive Line doesn’t look like they’d even hold up against North Shore High School’s defense. And, what’s up with these receivers? They are dropping passes he’s literally putting right in their hands. It’s so bad.

How long did it take Kubiak to become a Quality OC in Minny? Ryans chose Slowik over Kubiak for the OC position. It's been reported that Slowik's a genius level person.

If Slowik doesn't succeed it will be a rare thing coming from the Shanny tree, which is why if Stroud doesn't succeed it wont be because of Slowik. IMHO

This is also why I wanted a vet HC like Payton, Reich so that the McNair's would have proven HC's that could put together a veteran staff. This would be a 1st for a McNair owned franchise. Like I said nothing has really changed down on Kirby.
Baby Shanny grew up learning this offense. Literally his entire life. Similar to Belichick. Like you've said, ad nauseum, your opinion is your opinion, and it will never change. A blah blah blah blah with a football division.

OC's that work under Shanny seem to do well

Not you, but some seem to be setting up future excuses if Stroud isn't successful. It's like some think Slowik is going to be another Pep.
Shanahan has always been the one that call play for the Niners.

He had one OC, Mike McDaniels, who became the HC for the Dolphins last year.

The Dolphina went 9-8 and was one and done.
The previous two years, they finished 10-6 and 9-8.

Last season, they added Tyrek Hill.

In summary, McDaniels came to a team that finished 19-14 the previous two years and didn't improve the record.

Slowik is coming to a team that finished 7-26-1 and you expect him to help the team to 10 wins?

Laughable.

The passing game coordinator before Slowik was LaFleur.
He went to the Jets and that team went 4-13 and 7-10.

What success are you talking about?

Agreed,

The system works, I just got through watching Purdy. It's just a matter of how quickly Stroud Can learn the system.

What I'm trying to stop is it seems to me that some posters are trying to build in excuses like if Stroud doesn't succeed it will be Slowik's fault.
Shanahan himself had 2 losing seasons in SF to begin his HC career.

As an OC, he never had a team with a winning record his first year, whether it was the Texans, the old Redskins, the Browns, or the Falcons.

Stroud had a few nice little dots today. That throw to Collins on the sideline was close to perfect (could have lead him a bit more). DB made a great play and you can argue Collins should have had it. Regardless he looks comfortable, Ravens will be a huge challenge and we’ll see if he’s up to it

Not really.

Tunsil, Green and Howard have all been here awhile. Mason is a pro bowl level player. Scruggs is the new guy. Jones is depth but he's had some level of success in the NFL. Fant has been around the block etc.... these are sold depth pieces.
Green can't stay healthy; he was bad even when he was healthy.

Did Mason ever made the Pro Bowl?

When will Howard play again?
Can you guarantee that he gets back to his middling level of play when he returns?

The one thing I agree with you is that Scruggs is new (besides Tunsil being the obvious).

Shanny coaches are successful running this offense. The only doubt I have is how quickly Slowik getting a QB he didn't want in the first place is going to figure out a way to get the best out of Stroud. That's going to be the key to success. And no I don't have a link. Excuse me I thought I was talking to 76😂.
Do you have a link to how successful the system was in Shanahan first two years in SF?

Or you just know that it was successful because you said so... even as what you said was NOT correct?

The Vikings offense regressed under Klint, unfortunately.

Baby Shanny grew up learning this offense. Literally his entire life. Similar to Belichick. Like you've said, ad nauseum, your opinion is your opinion, and it will never change. A blah blah blah blah with a football division.
Slowik's dad is a football lifer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back