Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

Wow, Houston we have a defense?

Had me worried there for a moment though, when Joseph goes out our pass defense takes a huge blow. That much is certain.

Well the Defense is different from last year. Offense the same. Coach the same. going to be interesting. We are not a shoo in for the AFC South.

Kubiak would have been lynched at the airport had he made that 4th down call on the 10 LOL

20090420230902_bighands_earthday_dc.jpg

Watt has some huge hands Watt king of Swatts

Needin TATE to score!! My FF team needs it BAD, as well as my nervous system! Damn, this game has really, kinda, sorta, PISSED me off!!

Reality sucks!! We still have a long way to go before we become SB contenters! JMO!

Definitely a lot of things the coaches can take to point out to their players this week, but a good win regardless. Playoff teams win a game or two like this throughout the season.

I am not happy. This is not the way a playoff team plays. Look at what the Pats did to the Dolphins.

I am concerned.

Needin TATE to score!! My FF team needs it BAD, as well as my nervous system! Damn, this game has really, kinda, sorta, PISSED me off!!

I had Ben Tate, AJ, and Owen Daniels all starting in my FF team this week... Vick is my QB yet to play and Im already up 20 in my matchup :good:

I liked that the offense woke up on the last Andre TD drive. Good sign. And as shaky as the D was without Joseph and just overall, only giving up 13 points is not bad.

I am not happy. This is not the way a playoff team plays. Look at what the Pats did to the Dolphins.

I am concerned.

A win is a win in the NFL.

Think the Ravens aren't a playoff team? they lost to the Titans. Can't always have pretty wins in fact sometimes winning ugly is a better show that the team has improved.

No way the Texans defense of last year only allows 13 points in this game.

I am concerned.

I hear you, but I'm trying to keep in mind it's only the second game of the year. This team got better today (I assume). What the Texans learned and saw for themselves, a win on the road after momentum about swallowed them, is a building block for future wins.

I hope. :d:

They got the win which is all that matters.

Hopefully this will be a bit of a wake-up call however, Miami aren't the best but we allowed them to stay in it far too long today.

Plenty to improve upon if we want to get to 3-0 because the Saints would have punished us for our profigacy today.

Thought I was watching another one of those games where the Texans control the first half and take the second half off. Glad to see they showed up when it mattered most. What a difference a Wade makes, apparently...

I am concerned.

The Pats have also been very good for over a decade now. Playoff teams don't always play pretty. Look at Baltimore today a week after demolishing the Steelers. Playoff teams do buckle down and don't fold when the momentum starts to swing the other way which is what the Texans did in the 2nd half. Our offense came up with a crucial score when we needed it and our defense played well after the Dolphins got it to 16-13.

A win is a win in the NFL.

Think the Ravens aren't a playoff team? they lost to the Titans. Can't always have pretty wins in fact sometimes winning ugly is a better show that the team has improved.

No way the Texans defense of last year only allows 13 points in this game.

True. That makes me feel a bit better to think about that.

But our offense looks terrible. We are not a top 5 elite NFL offense like we are led to believe.

Schaub looks like he did back his first year or two with us, Andre is dropping balls again, something he did early in his career but then got to where he caught everything in sight but now looks to have regressed, and we just don't look smooth offensively out there. I mean the Lions look like a better offense than we are!

No way the dolphins get clobbered that bad 2x in a row. Their D is much better than it was in game 1, and they proved it. However, we did not get carved up as much as NE did, held when we had to, and got an ugly win. That is all that matters. Live to fight another day. Now we have more tape and more things to fix.

They got the win which is all that matters.

Hopefully this will be a bit of a wake-up call however, Miami aren't the best but we allowed them to stay in it far too long today.

Plenty to improve upon if we want to get to 3-0 because the Saints would have punished us for our profigacy today.

That's the thing with the Texans though.. We respond differently to different matchups... like I think our offense puts up more points against the Saints and struggles less offensively for whatever reason, but our D will have their hands full.

ANYWAYS I'M A LITTLE THIRSTY... MMMMMMM :good:..... :koolaid:

Only gave up 20 points so far - that should equal one on the best, if not the best D in the league. Alright, we had some help with a blocked and a missed FG.

Yay for the win - but there are still some areas of concern:

1. Run D
2. Red Zone O
3. Consistency on O
4. Injuries (our D got a lot worse when JJ had to get off the field)

But this years start feels way more legit than last years start.

True. That makes me feel a bit better to think about that.

But our offense looks terrible. We are not a top 5 elite NFL offense like we are led to believe.

Schaub looks like he did back his first year or two with us, Andre is dropping balls again, something he did early in his career but then got to where he caught everything in sight but now looks to have regressed, and we just don't look smooth offensively out there. I mean the Lions look like a better offense than we are!

I still think this is a top 5 offense. One bad game is not washing that away. Foster is still hurt and lets give some credit to the defense we played. I think Kubes got a little pass happy in the middle of the game and he let their pass rush just tee off on Schaub.

Sometimes I wonder why we don't do a lot of screen plays to slow them down a bit.

Back