Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

I'm superstitious about gameday thread titles, when the opposing teams name is made fun of I feel like we're going to play badly. AHHH save me

I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!

Calm yourself gentleman.

Last weeks thread referred to the Colts as the ponies if I recall correctly and we know how that ended..... maybe we are onto something for this season.

I don't like afternoon or evening games. As a fan, I like my games starting right at noon on Sunday. meh....it's game day, I guess I should stop bitching about stuff and go mix up some koolaid.

Texans 37
Miami 17

Go Texans!!!!! :logo:

Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.

Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.

That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.

Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston" :koolaid:

Last edited:
Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me at 336-451-7953 anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston" :koolaid:

wow...i hope you have unlimited texting

That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.

The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.:mcnugget:

The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.:mcnugget:

well, aren't you full of sunshines and rainbows this morning doc? hope we don't get any injuries cause of this sorry field.

Dolphin.jpg

I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!

I want to see 110% for 60 minutes. Whether we win, lose, dominate is a secondary concern.

I just think giving everything, with the team we've got, we'll end up winning more than not.

I'm still not comfortable with Manning returning kicks. Jerry Jones was not happy with his HC for putting Bryant in as a returner to begin with.......then he gets injured. And now Jones is hopping mad. Everything's fine in taking chances with your key players (and I'm not just referring to Manning).........until it leads to an injury.

I'm still not comfortable with Manning returning kicks. Jerry Jones was not happy with his HC for putting Bryant in as a returner to begin with.......then he gets injured. And now Jones is hopping mad. Everything's fine in taking chances with your key players (and I'm not just referring to Manning).........until it leads to an injury.

I hear ya.. sounds like a perfect job for Sherrick McMannis.

the feild has to be approved by the NFL before they can play, I remember a team not playing in ther astrodome. We definitely need a injury free game today

Today should be a great day for the d-line. Chad Henne is easily rattled and makes bad reads frequently. Watt and Smith should have fun, looking forward to some Mario actions as well. HEAR HEAR for beer and the Houston Texans, feat. Pro-caliber Defense! :fans:

the feild has to be approved by the NFL before they can play, I remember a team not playing in ther astrodome. We definitely need a injury free game today

I'm unaware of any contemporary era NFL regular season game cancellation due to field (grass/turf) conditions. The 1995 Oilers game and the 2001 Eagles (Veterans) were both preseason games. Too much money from all directions to cancel for that reason. You know, SAFETY is very important......but MONEY is more important.;)

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm excited to get Arian back, but don't want to see him back in there if he isn't actually 100%. They said on ESPN that he is starting, so hopefully he'll rip their team apart and soften up that secondary for Shaub to carve apart. We got this ****.

Texans 24
Dolphins 17

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm excited to get Arian back, but don't want to see him back in there if he isn't actually 100%. They said on ESPN that he is starting, so hopefully he'll rip their team apart and soften up that secondary for Shaub to carve apart. We got this ****.

Texans 24
Dolphins 17

Ditto. Foster is too valuable to bring him back too early. Let him sit until next week. Tate and Slaton are capable.

I don't want Manning returning kicks either. Ugh.

Agreed

Wonder how the board would feel if JJ gets hurt returning a punt before Walter makes it back and B.Johnson only being with the team for a month as WR2 and Anderson is the 3rd WR? (I know those who think Anderson is dreamy will like it.)

Or Manning gets hurt and misses a good portion of the season? Does anybody remember watching WR's run by Nolan last yr?

Gary is taking an unnecessary risk. He could've signed Cosby or West (Packers) and this wouldn't be a potential issue. But no Garys man crush on Anderson knows no end. (Kinda like Studdard, Okoye etc....)

For todays game meal, I am making Italian sausage with veggies.

Sliced (pre cooked) Italian sausage, quartered tomato, twice quartered onion, green beans, small potatoe pieces, corn, and four whole Romaine lettce leaves cooked in olive oil and seasame flavored chili oil. Right before it's all done I add some butter and cajun seasoning to finish cooking. :good:

For todays game meal, I am making Italian sausage with veggies.

Sliced (pre cooked) Italian sausage, quartered tomato, twice quartered onion, green beans, small potatoe pieces, corn, and four whole Romaine lettce leaves cooked in olive oil and seasame flavored chili oil. Right before it's all done I add some butter and cajun seasoning to finish cooking. :good:

That sounds really good Thorn. What time should I stop by? Lol

You'll have to hurry, I plan on eating most of it and taking what's left for work tomorrow. :lol:

Then just enjoy some for me! I cooked some chicken earlier to eat on throughout the day and my wife made a huge breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs this morning......yours just sounded better than baked chicken. Especially given the fact that I'm eating 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs a day for the protein. It's not too fun trying to pack on muscle mass. It gets old eating chicken every 2 hours.

Then just enjoy some for me! I cooked some chicken earlier to eat on throughout the day and my wife made a huge breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs this morning......yours just sounded better than baked chicken. Especially given the fact that I'm eating 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs a day for the protein. It's not too fun trying to pack on muscle mass. It gets old eating chicken every 2 hours.

speaking of boneless/skinless chicken thights, you can buy bags of them frozen/uncooked at HEB. They generally have around 12 or so in each bag. I eat a lot of those myself. About the only meat I eat these days is chicken and turkey. The Italian sausages I'm cooking are turkey.

speaking of boneless/skinless chicken thights, you can buy bags of them frozen/uncooked at HEB. They generally have around 12 or so in each bag. I eat a lot of those myself. About the only meat I eat these days is chicken and turkey. The Italian sausages I'm cooking are turkey.

Yep, that's exactly the ones that I buy. I go through a bag every 2 days. They actually have more protein than the chicken breasts. It surprised me to see that on the label.

Yep, that's exactly the ones that I buy. I go through a bag every 2 days. They actually have more protein than the chicken breasts. It surprised me to see that on the label.

When I cook them I put them on a broiler pan, sprinkle both sides with cajun spice, and bake. They are damn good just like that, and also make great sandwhiches during the week. :good:

When I cook them I put them on a broiler pan, sprinkle both sides with cajun spice, and bake. They are damn good just like that, and also make great sandwhiches during the week. :good:

:boogereater: You guys must be bored... the game needs to start... you both keep making me hungry

Back