Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans V Indianapolis Ponies Game Day thread

Kerry Collins looking better now and the Houston defense like I have said hasn't been very good today. We made a few plays early on in the game, but the defense has looked very average.

Kerry eats more sacks, scrambles backwards, and misses WRs more than he has that sort of "great play" to Wayne.

The fatalistic attitude is a hard habit to kick for Texans fans. After all, we were giddy last year after the first game...and it spiraled downward very quickly.

Kerry Collins looking better now and the Houston defense like I have said hasn't been very good today. We made a few plays early on in the game, but the defense has looked very average.

Defense has gotten good pressure and has done pretty good in the run game.

The offense has put them in some tough situations. Defense kept them off the board all day and you make this comment after Tate fumbles and gives them a super short field?

I just disagree. Defense has rocked and has played a huge part in the points we've scored.

Someone in the production trailer told Dierdorf in his in-ear piece that Foster was tweaking AND tweeting. No way Dierdorf knew to say that, not his age, and there was a long pause during the punt before he added that little jab.

Folks, sometimes those commentators are just saying what a voice in the headset is telling them to say. No way Dierdorf even knows what Twitter or tweeting is. LOL. That was funny.

Brooks Reed on the field now. Is this is first action? Haven't been paying attention.

Geez, why won't Wade put our CBs up on their man at the LOS?

It's not like Collins is a quick throw guy.

We're just inviting the SHORT SLANT right there. INVITING IT. :vincepalm:

That one looks inconclusive either way, whether ruled a TD or incomplete on the field. Nothing to lose by challenging it here, though.

I wonder if that's why Collins called a timeout? More time to throw a challenge flag???

Rather than use a challenge that would probably result in a TD, we call a timeout anyway.

Too bad Tressel's suspended to keep Caldwell's retardation in check.

lol

Defense has gotten good pressure and has done pretty good in the run game.

The offense has put them in some tough situations. Defense kept them off the board all day and you make this comment after Tate fumbles and gives them a super short field?

I just disagree. Defense has rocked and has played a huge part in the points we've scored.

Collins no doubt has been playing better in the 2nd half. The Texans defense hasn't been awful but not very good either. Giving up big plays in the middle of the field to Reggie Wayne and luckily Collie was out of bounds on that play otherwise it would've been another negative play for the Texans defense. But my main point is starting next week we'll be facing teams with qbs who are better than Kerry Collins and then we'll see how good our defense is. Until then I think this has been a solid start but nothing more than that.

Watt and Saturday doing their best MMA impression. Looked like Watt trying for a kimura there.

I don't care if all we do is run the football from here on out, Kubes should be shot for leaving Schaub in the game at this late stage.

And there's the point where I think Wade tells his dawgs to turn up the heat.

That looked like the defense we saw in the first half.

Somebody, whether it was Kubiak telling Wade...or Wade telling his guys...somebody lit a fire under their asses. Period.

Back