Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 11/13. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

Yep. The Texans would be better than the Texans.

Seriously though, this idea that we are succeeding without Mario and thus can let him go is a bit silly. This is the NFL, aka Not For Long. We've seen guys have one good rookie year and never repeat that performance. Mario is a surefire dominant DE and was look like a all-pro before his injury. Reed looks solid, but not the level of Mario.

I agree, player talent debth is the name of the game and the Texans are finally getting there.

So if the Texans are better than the Texans, who whould win if the Texans played the Texans?

How do you figure? We could have cut Mario in the offseason & saved the team $13 Million. That's why you back load contracts, they're never supposed to be played out.

If we franchise Mario, he will count $18M (or whatever) towards next year's cap. If we give him a $40M signing bonus, sign him to 6 years, we can manipulate his salary so his cap number comes to $10M or less.... basically we can guarantee him $10M/yr for the next 4 years, which would be a "fair deal for him"

The last two years of the contract would be high, salary wise. But it would give Houston the ability to trade him, because we don't want to pay him that huge salary, or rework the deal 4 years from now.

Or you could cut him if it really comes down to it.

My agenda, is just like I said. Tampa Bay's 10 wins last year was a product of their weak schedule.

My point about Mario, because I never said they couldn't do anything without him, is that no matter how good they look this year, they would look even better with Mario.

Still look to be heavily dependent on the blitz..... not a place you want to be, going into the play-offs.

Agreed that they would be even better with a healthy MW.

But they blitzed even more with MW in the lineup. Didn't Wade say they were only going to drop MW into coverage 2-3 times a game.

But you reposted it after the game...great preemptive strike I guess.

This wasn't just a victory..it was a absolute BEAT DOWN on the road. I can seeing you reposting that if we barely squeaked by, but that was a massacre and I don't care what kind of talent you're playing against (and the Bucs DO HAVE talent), when you win like that on the road against another NFL team, it means something and it shouldn't just be shrugged off. Again we're 10 weeks in and we're "That good" on the defensive side of the ball.

I predicted a blow out. I was patting myself on the back.

Can y'all please take the Mario chit to the designated Mario thread? I wanna bask in the glow of a dominant win.

Fair enough.. It was a GREAT dominant win on the road, regardless of who it came against. :)

It took a very long time, but the team we have now was definitely worth the wait.

Typical...

downplay a dominant win on the road, just because it doesn't support your "we can't do crap without Mario and we'll struggle without him" argument :rolleyes:

Dude, we're 10 weeks in now...we are what we are at this point and a blowout on the road where we dominate every facet of the game is a blowout on the road where we dominated ever facet of the game...regardless of how you want to slice it.

Carr Bomb man you are the one who was saying how much better A. Smith was than mario, and that Mario had nothing to do with his sacks. Well bud Smith as 0 sacks since mario went out.

This D would be even better with mario. Its Wades scheme that is getting us all these sacks, not specifically the talent. Look at Marios stats before wade, and who he had a as D.C. Mario is one of the best players on our defense.

I mostly agree but I think this win does mean something.

Tampa isn't awful but we made them look like that today.

Other than beating the Saints, who did they beat? Going back to last year.

We should have beat the Saints. We dominated the Saints for 3 QTrs & 5 minutes, go look.

Saints & Bucs are in the same division.... I'm sure that has something to do with it. The Falcons just gave the Saints the game.

The domination tells me they aren't ****.... They've lost 4 of the last 5. Good teams don't lose 3 in a row.

Wait....
Did I just hear Bill Cowher give props to Gary Kubiak??
...is that possible?

Or you could cut him if it really comes down to it.

Exactly.... give him $24 Million up front, with two Roster bonuses for 2014 & 2015 at $12 Million a piece... that would be reported as $48M guaranteed. But we could cut him after 2 years... we would be stuck with about $20M of dead money... but I think Mario is going to dominate on this defense (with all the help he's got) over the next 4 years.

Other than beating the Saints, who did they beat? Going back to last year.

We should have beat the Saints. We dominated the Saints for 3 QTrs & 5 minutes, go look.

Saints & Bucs are in the same division.... I'm sure that has something to do with it. The Falcons just gave the Saints the game.

The domination tells me they aren't ****.... They've lost 4 of the last 5. Good teams don't lose 3 in a row.

:kubepalm:

The funny thing is IF this team had Mario we'd STILL be the #1 defense and possibly better.

I'm excited thinking about how good this defense will be next year if they can bring Mario back. With Reed, Barwin, and Mario rotating it will be a great pash rush. Reed's getting some valuable experience each week.

Fair enough.. It was a GREAT dominant win on the road, regardless of who it came against. :)

It took a very long time, but the team we have now was definitely worth the wait.

To dominate against the Bucs (imo) isn't that big a deal.

When you consider everything else, it really says something about our team.

They've got two built in reasons to lose this game; Aj is hurt, MW is hurt. But they dominated from go on both offense & defense.

The Bucs were 4-4, one loss really hurts them in their division, effectively taking them out of any post season talks... it was a must win for Tampa.... & we had them quit somewhere in the third Qtr.

The just lost two games. I do not want to play a great team after a loss. Great teams do not lose two in a row. I do not want to play a good team after two losses, good teams do not lose three in a row.

The way we played today, eases my worries about facing a good team, or even a great team. We're going to play our brand of football regardless.

Carr Bomb man you are the one who was saying how much better A. Smith was than mario, and that Mario had nothing to do with his sacks. Well bud Smith as 0 sacks since mario went out.

This D would be even better with mario. Its Wades scheme that is getting us all these sacks, not specifically the talent. Look at Marios stats before wade, and who he had a as D.C. Mario is one of the best players on our defense.

Brian Cushing had 0 sacks before MW went down. He know has one in every game since he left.

I wonder how Wade is making up for the loss of Mario.... hmmmmm

Bill Cowher just gave Houston mad props on the CBS post game show. Dan Marino gave Houston some too.

Yea, I thought I was hearing things. THey actually DISCUSSED the strong merits of our team, not just a 10 second recog. Nice interview by A. Foster also. That dude is winning fans all over the NFL with his wit and contagious smile.

Enjoy the ride TT friends!! This is freaking FUN!!!

To dominate against the Bucs (imo) isn't that big a deal.

When you consider everything else, it really says something about our team.

They've got two built in reasons to lose this game; Aj is hurt, MW is hurt. But they dominated from go on both offense & defense.

The Bucs were 4-4, one loss really hurts them in their division, effectively taking them out of any post season talks... it was a must win for Tampa.... & we had them quit somewhere in the third Qtr.

The just lost two games. I do not want to play a great team after a loss. Great teams do not lose two in a row. I do not want to play a good team after two losses, good teams do not lose three in a row.

The way we played today, eases my worries about facing a good team, or even a great team. We're going to play our brand of football regardless.

I try and look at what the other team did offensively and defensively before they played the Texans. We held the Bucs to 100 yards below what they had produced per game in the first 8 weeks. Regardless of how good or bad their offense is I think that's doing your job. On the other side we had about 20 more yards of offense than they averaged. Both of these improved our yearly average as well. You can't do much better than that.

This is the thing I worry about.

When Andre comes back Kubiak may get too pass happy. I like our chances running it with Foster and Tate, not passing much, and playing great defense.

It seems when we get into shootouts things start to get get wild.

Carr Bomb man you are the one who was saying how much better A. Smith was than Mario, and that Mario had nothing to do with his sacks. Well bud Smith as 0 sacks since Mario went out.

This D would be even better with Mario. Its Wades scheme that is getting us all these sacks, not specifically the talent. Look at Mario's stats before wade, and who he had a as D.C. Mario is one of the best players on our defense.

I wasn't the only one who said that, but regardless I still don't think Mario was the "only reason for those sacks". Did he draw pressure...yes he did, but Smith is a good player in his own right and he can make plays on his own. He's still making play regardless if he's not lighting it up in the sack department.

I also never said Mario wasn't "one of our best defenders"...I said he isn't the be all end all on our defense like other posters tried to say...and guess what. We have the #1 defense without Mario, so I was right...he wasn't the end all be all on our defense. Other posters acted like nobody could even make a poo without Mario holding their hand and that simply isn't the case...clearly.

I also never said Mario wasn't "one of our best defenders"...I said he isn't the be all end all on our defense like other posters tried to say...and guess what. We have the #1 defense without Mario, so I was right...he wasn't the end all be all on our defense. Other posters acted like nobody could even make a poo without Mario holding their hand and that simply isn't the case...clearly.

There is not a single post on the entire board that says that.

You are making stuff up.

When Andre comes back Kubiak may get too pass happy. I like our chances running it with Foster and Tate, not passing much, and playing great defense.

Kubiak is smarter than a lot of folks give him credit for.

He's not perfect, but I don't see him being so dumb as to start ignoring the run game when it has worked so well and try to force to dre fresh off an injury.

I try and look at what the other team did offensively and defensively before they played the Texans. We held the Bucs to 100 yards below what they had produced per game in the first 8 weeks. Regardless of how good or bad their offense is I think that's doing your job. On the other side we had about 20 more yards of offense than they averaged. Both of these improved our yearly average as well. You can't do much better than that.

Great post.

You should post more often.

Kubiak is smarter than a lot of folks give him credit for.

He's not perfect, but I don't see him being so dumb as to start ignoring the run game when it has worked so well and try to force to dre fresh off an injury.

This remains to be seen

When it comes to screwing up a good thing few can do it as well as Gary.

Arian had 4 catches for 102 yards. Jacoby had 2 catches for 87.

I think Kubiak will be expecting similar performances from Andre. He's a playmaker, a game changer. You don't have to air it out for him to get his numbers.

Playing the way we have since Tennessee, Andre would have got his numbers on 5-8 catches. I don't think we'll change much. Arian & Tate would get more of the big runs.

He came in with Matty Hot Tub. Played a few snaps. I think they're bringing him back slowly. Gonna need him for the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ run. :)

I'm sorry the season's not going like you want. We all know that you'd rather be right than than win.

Not true

I just have my doubts about Garys ability to think under pressure. 6 yrs has stained me. Hopefully he's learned the error of his ways.

That or Wade told him that he will handle all of the timeouts/replay challenges.

Not true

I just have my doubts about Garys ability to think under pressure. 6 yrs has stained me. Hopefully he's learned the error of his ways.

That or Wade told him that he will handle all of the timeouts/replay challenges.

You're not the only one who still has doubts and nightmares of Kubiak's past screw ups. For me though, they seemed to have gotten past their old 5-7 habit with much success. So I'm giving Kubiak much leeway here even though in my heart I still don't trust him.

You're not the only one who still has doubts and nightmares of Kubiak's past screw ups. For me though, they seemed to have gotten past their old 5-7 habit with much success. So I'm giving Kubiak much leeway here even though in my heart I still don't trust him.

Cant rep you

But these are exactly my feelings on this subject.

Kubiak has coached many good games in a row. He hasn't tried to get cute, he hasn't made any real bad playcalls, he has the players playing to dominate. There haven't been any real glaring failures aside from throwing the flag yesterday (and who cares? what a dumb rule anyway)

Obviously later in the season and potentially in the playoffs is a different story, but he's on a real good run right now.

He deserves credit. Phillips deserves credit. The entire ****ing team does.

Not true

Just get over it.

What happened in the past is totally different than what is going on today. Dwelling on the past is bad enough, but dwelling on past NFL seasons is stoopid.

Just get over it.

What happened in the past is totally different than what is going on today. Dwelling on the past is bad enough, but dwelling on past NFL seasons is stoopid.

No dwelling here

Last person who caled me stupid is a person I now call my ex-wife.

Back