Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 11/13. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

Where did this hot tub nickname come from?

matt-leinart.jpg

This team doesn't need to sign Mario to a long term deal...I know that's a unpopular opinion with some posters here, but it's the truth.

Franchise the man and if he stays completely healthy and goes gangbusters, then maybe you think about it...if not move on, we'll be fine regardless.

So we got backup QBs playing on both sides huh? Used to it with the typical TB/Hou preseason game.... guess since we didn't have one this year.

For the record, I do not believe the Bucs are real competitiors. I think 2010 was the product of a weak schedule for them. I said as much last season. I don't believe in Freeman, I don't believe in Morris.

I think Blount is going to be a challenge, we'll see if he is for real today. I'm leaning towards NOT!!

We're going to beat the Bucs...... badly.

This is where I thought the Bucs were. Not a very good team, 10 wins in 2010 mostly the product of a weak schedule.

Of course, this game could mean our defense is just that good.

I think it's a mixture of the two, but I doubt we would "dominate" a good team. The Bucs may be able to play well at times, but they just aren't all that.

jones with the most electrifying 7 yard sideline to sideline run as one can see. (with no gain)

This is where I thought the Bucs were. Not a very good team, 10 wins in 2010 mostly the product of a weak schedule.

Of course, this game could mean our defense is just that good.

I think it's a mixture of the two, but I doubt we would "dominate" a good team. The Bucs may be able to play well at times, but they just aren't all that.

Typical...

downplay a dominant win on the road, just because it doesn't support your "we can't do crap without Mario and we'll struggle without him" argument :rolleyes:

Dude, we're 10 weeks in now...we are what we are at this point and a blowout on the road where we dominate every facet of the game is a blowout on the road where we dominated ever facet of the game...regardless of how you want to slice it.

Typical...

downplay a dominant win on the road, just because it doesn't support your "we can't do crap without Mario and we'll struggle without him" argument :rolleyes:

Dude, we're 10 weeks end now...we are what we are at this point.

I didn't hear him say a word about Mario...you're the one pushing your agenda, not TK

This team doesn't need to sign Mario to a long term deal...I know that's a unpopular opinion with some posters here, but it's the truth.

Franchise the man and if he stays completely healthy and goes gangbusters, then maybe you think about it...if not move on, we'll be fine regardless.

Let's play a few good teams before we make this kind of declaration.

Franchising Mario is a worse option than signing him to a long term deal. I'd say work on the long term deal, offer something reasonable & if he's not having it... let him walk.

I didn't hear him say a word about Mario...you're the one pushing your agenda, not TK

I'm not talking about his thread...obviously.

Go pull up other posts in other threads...it's the reason why he's trying to rain on this defense's parade. This defense has played better WITHOUT MARIO WILLIAMS and it goes against everything he has said and what other posters have said.

If the man didnt have a "agenda" he wouldn't try to crap on our most dominant performance in our team's short history.

Listening to this game today just reminds me why I LOVE LIVE football so much!! I think both of them would have had a major coughing spell if they had to say many positive things about the Texans. Most announcers make me want to shoot my TV anyway!!

Hold up everybody. The Saints/Falcons are going to overtime threatening my wife's Niners prompt tv appearance. She's pissed..lol

*ducks plates thrown one by one*

Typical...

Dude, we're 10 weeks in now...we are what we are at this point and a blowout on the road where we dominate every facet of the game is a blowout on the road where we dominated ever facet of the game...regardless of how you want to slice it.

The post I quoted was before the game.

Let's play a few good teams before we make this kind of declaration.

Franchising Mario is a worse option than signing him to a long term deal. I'd say work on the long term deal, offer something reasonable & if he's not having it... let him walk.

No it's not, if you can fit the bill under the cap. You won't be tied to him long term in he gets hurt again.

I doubt Houston is going to be able to sign Mario longterm AND Foster.. Foster deserves the long deal, Mario is pretty much expendable at this point. Franchise him and rent him for another year, if he proves his worth and can stay healthy then go from there.

I'm not talking about his thread...obviously.

Go pull up other posts in other threads...it's the reason why he's trying to rain on this defense's parade. This defense has played better WITHOUT MARIO WILLIAMS and it goes against everything he has said and what other posters have said.

If the man didnt have a "agenda" he wouldn't try to crap on our most dominant performance in our team's short history.

My agenda, is just like I said. Tampa Bay's 10 wins last year was a product of their weak schedule.

My point about Mario, because I never said they couldn't do anything without him, is that no matter how good they look this year, they would look even better with Mario.

Still look to be heavily dependent on the blitz..... not a place you want to be, going into the play-offs.

The post I quoted was before the game.

But you reposted it after the game...great preemptive strike I guess.

This wasn't just a victory..it was a absolute BEAT DOWN on the road. I can seeing you reposting that if we barely squeaked by, but that was a massacre and I don't care what kind of talent you're playing against (and the Bucs DO HAVE talent), when you win like that on the road against another NFL team, it means something and it shouldn't just be shrugged off. Again we're 10 weeks in and we're "That good" on the defensive side of the ball.

Does that mean we'd be better than ourselves?

Yep. The Texans would be better than the Texans.

Seriously though, this idea that we are succeeding without Mario and thus can let him go is a bit silly. This is the NFL, aka Not For Long. We've seen guys have one good rookie year and never repeat that performance. Mario is a surefire dominant DE and was look like a all-pro before his injury. Reed looks solid, but not the level of Mario.

But you reposted it after the game...great preemptive strike I guess.

This wasn't just a victory..it was a absolute BEAT DOWN on the road. I can seeing you reposting that if we barely squeaked by, but that was a massacre and I don't care what kind of talent you're playing against (and the Bucs DO HAVE talent), when you win like that on the road against another NFL team, it means something and it shouldn't just be shrugged off. Again we're 10 weeks in and we're "That good" on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree with both points. Today was an absolute beatdown and the defense is fantastic.

But it would be even better with Mario. He was becoming a force in this defense before he got hurt.

Add Mario to this D with Harris, Carmichael and more draft picks.

Wow, just wow.

No it's not, if you can fit the bill under the cap. You won't be tied to him long term in he gets hurt again.

I doubt Houston is going to be able to sign Mario longterm AND Foster.. Foster deserves the long deal, Mario is pretty much expendable at this point. Franchise him and rent him for another year, if he proves his worth and can stay healthy then go from there.

How do you figure? We could have cut Mario in the offseason & saved the team $13 Million. That's why you back load contracts, they're never supposed to be played out.

If we franchise Mario, he will count $18M (or whatever) towards next year's cap. If we give him a $40M signing bonus, sign him to 6 years, we can manipulate his salary so his cap number comes to $10M or less.... basically we can guarantee him $10M/yr for the next 4 years, which would be a "fair deal for him"

The last two years of the contract would be high, salary wise. But it would give Houston the ability to trade him, because we don't want to pay him that huge salary, or rework the deal 4 years from now.

My agenda, is just like I said. Tampa Bay's 10 wins last year was a product of their weak schedule.

My point about Mario, because I never said they couldn't do anything without him, is that no matter how good they look this year, they would look even better with Mario.

Still look to be heavily dependent on the blitz..... not a place you want to be, going into the play-offs.

I mostly agree but I think this win does mean something.

Tampa isn't awful but we made them look like that today.

LOL, who told you that?

Two of the most successful teams who have been to the big dance over the last couple of years (3 if you want to add NE's dynasty) have all relied on blitzes.

NE
GB
and especially the Steelers

ALL BLITZ....So do the Jets who have also been a top defense for a couple of seasons now.

Good defenses blitz in this league and it isn't a bad thing...it's called being the aggressor and proactive instead of reactive. There's nothing wrong with blitzing.

Hell technically sending Mario after the QB is a "blitz"...the only difference now is the offense doesn't know which backer is coming, we're actually harder to defend against now since the offense doesn't know where the hell the pressure is coming from.

Back