Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 11/13. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

The Houston Texans sit atop the AFC South thanks to one of the most potent rushing attacks and stingiest defenses in the NFL.

That has the team hopeful it can make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, but coach Gary Kubiak knows there’s still a long way to go.

Seeking a career-high seventh consecutive 100-yard effort from scrimmage, Arian Foster(notes) looks to help the visiting Texans to a team record-tying fourth straight win Sunday against the stumbling Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Texans improved to 4-0 when giving up fewer than 90 rushing yards. They allowed a season-low 44 to the Browns.

That doesn’t bode well for Tampa Bay (4-4), which dropped to 0-4 when rushing for fewer than 100 during a 27-16 loss at New Orleans last weekend. The Buccaneers, who were looking forward to getting their ground game going with leading rusher LeGarrette Blount(notes) back following a two-game absence, fell behind early and were limited to 84 yards on the ground.

Blount, though, has averaged 100.0 rushing yards and 5.6 per carry over his last six home games dating to last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=AtxtVbi.8bn_QC_MtKOa4ORDubYF?gid=20111113027

jj9z5v.jpg

24wanfk.jpg

29w1ycp.jpg

Things I want to see:

Again, set up the run, with the pass.

Look, people: We know we can run the ball with reckless abandon (love saying that...reckless abandon), but we have to soften TB up. Keep them uncomfortable all day. Clean, safe throws will suffice. Won't be much for deep balls (I don't think) with Tampa's 2 deep zone, so passes to the TEs should work today.

Stop LeGarrette the Goon.

That man is a beast, point blank. Gotta tackle well, no doubt. Must get a good push up front. Their interior line is definitely a far cry from what CLE showed us last week with a stud like Davin Joseph at Guard. Make sure he doesn't get loose, because with a head of steam, Blount is one tough brotha.

Jump on the Bucs, and keep them down.

This team will go for 60 minutes with absolutely ZERO quit in them. Ask the Vikings. You can get a 20+ point lead and they aren't dead by long shot. They'll get 1-2 key stops and jump right back into the game. Texans must step on their necks if given the opportunity.

Make Albert Haynesworth do the worm.

He's playing, so...
haynesworth.gif

Oh, and uh...

LETS GET TO 7-3, BABY!!!!

Let's go Texans!!! 10 hours 30 mins and counting!

Hope, I stay awake till game time. Need a lot of coffee.:boogie:

Go Texans!!!

I hope there's a decent live stream because I really don't want to go to a bar and watch the game.

working from home this early AM. When I go back to sleep, hopefully I wake up in time for the game.

Go Texans!!!:texflag:

:logo:

Let's keep doin' what we're doing. Take care of the ball, kick ass on D, and run it down their throats.

Do that, we get another W.

haynesworth.gif

My favourite part about that is the reaction of the iggles #78 ... "Errr... what am I supposed to do now???"

A chance to go 7-3 and a 4 game winning streak, count me in. Actually woke up in a good mood this morning. Hope I go to sleep in the same.

Refreshed and ready to go! I think Tate will have more rushing yards than Foster today, but they'll both go over 100 again.

Try here.

That's the one that's the most active and where you'll find the Bucs die hards.

I appeciate that man! I was on the other one and saw an interesting little factoid...

Fun fact: Bucs are 7-1 when Blount carries the ball 18 times or more.

Coincidence? Yeah probably, but it isn't like one of those "Team A is 7-1 when so-and-so rushes for 800 yards or more" factoids...lol.

I just went to thecaptainsdeck.net and that site has gone to nothing. I googled and found little activity. Is tbaybucs.com the place to be to lurk?

For the record, I do not believe the Bucs are real competitiors. I think 2010 was the product of a weak schedule for them. I said as much last season. I don't believe in Freeman, I don't believe in Morris.

I think Blount is going to be a challenge, we'll see if he is for real today. I'm leaning towards NOT!!

We're going to beat the Bucs...... badly.

To force the Bucs into passing......and thus neutralizing their ability to use of Blount as their main weapon, Schaub will need to put points up on the board more quickly with significant passing yards this week mixed with some shock and awe. A slow grinding tit for tat between Blount and our RBs only, is likely to keep the game too close for comfort.

There's some good stuff on their board.

Re: The Official Game Day Thread: Buccaneers vs Texans, 13 Nov 2011 @ 1 pm.
« #12 : Today at 08:43:50 AM »
Can't be a homer today. Not feeling it. Sorry.

Texans - 41
Bucs - 24

They are predicting a higher score than we are.

Re: The Official Game Day Thread: Buccaneers vs Texans, 13 Nov 2011 @ 1 pm.
« #20 : Today at 10:20:05 AM »
I wish Andre Johnson was playing so Talib could get angry, mush his face mask like he does to a WR every game. because Im sure Andre would beat his ass like he did courtland finnegan last year. that would be great to watch. maybe a good ass whoopin is what Talib needs

Last edited:
For the record, I do not believe the Bucs are real competitiors. I think 2010 was the product of a weak schedule for them. I said as much last season. I don't believe in Freeman, I don't believe in Morris.

I think Blount is going to be a challenge, we'll see if he is for real today. I'm leaning towards NOT!!

We're going to beat the Bucs...... badly.

Rightfully or wrongfully, isn't this the same thing that is being said by many this year about the Texans?

A bigger game than it looks.

Bucs are not a trash team, especially at home. If this team wants to prove to everyone that they belong at the top of the AFC and are not just there because of playing in a easy division and a easy schedule they need to win tough games like this.

Why do I say it's tough? Because the Bucs are a average team, but average teams at home are not easy wins, even for elite teams.

Rightfully or wrongfully, isn't this the same thing that is being said by many this year about the Texans?

It is... I can't wait to see the Texans' next year.

But, we started the year with a +.500 schedule & we don't know how it's going to shake out. Pittsburgh will probably end up with a winning schedule, the Titans too.

We've still got games against Atlanta & Cincy & we aren't just beating the bad teams on our schedule, we're dominating them.

The Jet's went 9-7 versus virtually the same schedule we did in 2009 (just like us) but they went on a play-off run to the AFCG & we didn't.

If we make that push, that will also differentiate this team from the 2010 Buccaneers.

A bigger game than it looks.

Bucs are not a trash team, especially at home. If this team wants to prove to everyone that they belong at the top of the AFC and are not just there because of playing in a easy division and a easy schedule they need to win tough games like this.

Why do I say it's tough? Because the Bucs are a average team, but average teams at home are not easy wins, even for elite teams.

I think the biggest aspect of this game is that we have to maintain a lead on Tennessee. If we lose, Tennessee wins, we're only a half game ahead.

We need to widen that lead.

Just heard Fat Albert is getting the start. He's always had a thing for putting Schaub down so should we expect the old Albert to showup or the more recent "boating might get in the way of football focus" Albert?

Brandon Harris active for this game?? I didn't see him on the inactives list

Jjo has a hamstring..... he'll probably play, but you know how hamstrings are.

JAllen has a knee.... also expected to play, but don't know how affective.

Harris is most likely going to be active just in case.

So, it's a slow morning here so I flipped on the 610 pre-game show. Holy **** is this ****ing horrible. My god it maybe the worst radio i've listened to in many a year. I'll just patiently wait for the game to start. What a horrible call on my part.

All righty then. Got the munchies ready. Beers on ice. Pick 'em is complete.

Rockin' my Liberty White #99 Watt jersey.

Ready for some Houston Texans Football!!

Go Texans! Own the Bucs! :fans::logo::koolaid::texflag:

So, it's a slow morning here so I flipped on the 610 pre-game show. Holy **** is this ****ing horrible. My god it maybe the worst radio i've listened to in many a year. I'll just patiently wait for the game to start. What a horrible call on my part.

I like 610..... especially on Monday's.... Matt Schaub comes on early, Kubiak @3:30, plus NDKalu is the only real person on the radio with real insight to the Texans' Locker room.

Plus they'll talk to Kubiak & Smith before the game & Bum Phillips after the game.

790 is good on Tuesday, I think that's when Zierlines Dad breaks down the game. Any day between noon & 4 belong to 790 as they stay local where 610 & 97.5 fm go national.

97.5fm @4:00 is time to "Put'em up!!"

This is the type of game past texans teams lose.

If we can win this game today my confidence in the team will be sky high.

This isn't a terrible bucs team, they are at home, they have some good talent on almost all levels.

It will take a lot of focus and clean play to beat these guys today.

This is the type of game past texans teams lose.

If we can win this game today my confidence in the team will be sky high.

This isn't a terrible bucs team, they are at home, they have some good talent on almost all levels.

It will take a lot of focus and clean play to beat these guys today.

Most importantly, they won't quit. Coasting in the second half isn't going to get it done.

It's also a must win for Tampa Bay

I like 610..... especially on Monday's.... Matt Schaub comes on early, Kubiak @3:30, plus NDKalu is the only real person on the radio with real insight to the Texans' Locker room.

Plus they'll talk to Kubiak & Smith before the game & Bum Phillips after the game.

790 is good on Tuesday, I think that's when Zierlines Dad breaks down the game. Any day between noon & 4 belong to 790 as they stay local where 610 & 97.5 fm go national.

97.5fm @4:00 is time to "Put'em up!!"

610 is national from 11-2, at 2 j&r come on.

Dear gods of Dust Bunnies and Puppy Dog Tails (I know longer beseech the one true God concerning football matters, for though he may care about all men, he has proved time and again that he cares nothing about sports. Also, the Gridiron god does nothing but laugh in our faces; therefore I’ll try something new),

I implore you, on my birthday, to see the Texans through a victory today. It is not for me who I ask, but instead for the hungry huddled masses of this great country of Texas, who not only deserve a winning season, but all the Kool-Aid we can possibly drink. Only can I comfortably sip and know this team is for real if they come away with a victory today. I love them, oh gods, you know I do, but give me a sign that the buy week will be a happy one.

Forgive me of my sins. I know I was in New Orleans last year when Glover Quin gift wrapped one for another Florida team. So, forgive me, please.

I know we are supposed to pray for our enemies, but this time may the Tampa Bay fans burn in Hell, for just this one day. Lords, you know they cannot sell out their stadium, and they can’t even maintain a respectable message board; so they deserve this. Sure, they have the Salvador Dali Museum, but we have the Orange Show.

Amen.

Back