Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. 12/5. 7:25. NFLN. **Official Game Thread**

What does TJ yates gotta do to get some playing time Injure Kase and Matt ,,>>> LOL

I don't think he even wants back in hes scared LOL

Louisville is #2 in total defense in the NCAA. They have been
ranked all season. UH isn't in the top 50 in total defense.

He is NOT the "main" reason. He is a good college QB, but
he isn't 1st round material. Just like the other poster said,
we ended up with Carr and not Peppers.

Lets not do that again. If he's there in the second, then
that's different

Your formula is not a good one for making personnel decisions. I'm not sure Bridgewater is the best selection, but I certainly do not want the Carr mistake to dictate a football decision 12 years later. If the decision-makers conclude that Bridgewater is a good risk/value then I want the Texans to take him instead of steering clear of him simply because a different GM, coach, and scouting department made an error in 2001.

Given that the Texans are likely the #1 pick and definitely a top five pick at this point in a deep draft and a draft deep at QB, they need to position themselves to grab whichever QB the organization believes could be a difference-maker... Maybe it's a trade down... or, maybe it is a trade up and a package including 2015 picks to grab Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel, Mettenberger, Boyd, Murray, etc.. after selecting someone else with their top pick... I'm not sure.

However, the time is now to address the QB position. Keenum's contract is inconsequential and the CBA has made 1st round picks very affordable. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing two QBs taken in the first 4 rounds by Houston. Or, perhaps they trade their 3rd for Cousins and grab McCarron or Murray in the second... Whatever they determine, neglecting the QB position should not be an option.

perhaps they trade their 3rd for Cousins and grab McCarron or Murray in the second... Whatever they determine, neglecting the QB position should not be an option.

I do like the sound of trading for Cousins if texans don't want Bridgewater. I think we should pick Teddy but wouldn't be mad if we drafted Clowney/Barr or take Lewan and get the oline settled.

I do like the sound of trading for Cousins if texans don't want Bridgewater. I think we should pick Teddy but wouldn't be mad if we drafted Clowney/Barr or take Lewan and get the oline settled.

Lewan is not worthy of #1. Just trust me on that. He's overrated as a prospect. Still a 1st round caliber prospect, but he's not a "franchise" LT.

If you don't think Bridgewater is a true franchise QB then you take Barr or Clowney and go QB in the 2nd.

Lewan is not worthy of #1. Just trust me on that. He's overrated as a prospect. Still a 1st round caliber prospect, but he's not a "franchise" LT.

If you don't think Bridgewater is a true franchise QB then you take Barr or Clowney and go QB in the 2nd.

Ya I'm not a big fan of Lewan or Matthews even with the bloodlines. I personally would take Teddy I like the kid, otherwise build in the trenches preferably on D because the pass rush is awful aside from Watt. Kill two birds with one stone draft Clowney/Barr and move Reed to Mlb.

Got it...

While I would hardly consider the exchange we had an official bet.... Umm, I can't justify not taking some financial responsibility for this unmitigated disaster of a season. I have never been so wrong about anything in my life, I don't think. Give me a couple weeks, but I'll get it to you. You earned it- or, at least, I deserve it.

You're the MAN, loads of respect.

Repped

I've got Lewan 10-15, where do you have him.

A Clowney/Mettenberger or Manziel draft is much better than Bridgewater and whoever is at the top of Rd.2.

I've got Lewan 10-15, where do you have him.

A Clowney/Mettenberger or Manziel draft is much better than Bridgewater and whoever is at the top of Rd.2.

Top 25. I have Matthews, Kouandjio, and Richardson all rated higher. Haven't seen much of Erving so I wouldn't rank him that high yet.

As far as the #1 pick goes. I really like Bridgewater because he seems very developed in the mental part of the game. That's obviously a big part of playing QB and some guys have all the tools but never develop that part of their game.

I like his skill set, but it's debatable whether he is a franchise guy or just a solid QB. He played like a solid QB tonight, not a #1 pick (although he was great in the 4th quarter). I've heard people compare him to Aaron Rodgers, which would be awesome, but that's also a best case scenario.

If you don't think he is a franchise guy then you go Clowney or Barr #1 and QB 2nd round.

Top 25. I have Matthews, Kouandjio, and Richardson all rated higher. Haven't seen much of Erving so I wouldn't rank him that high yet.

As far as the #1 pick goes. I really like Bridgewater because he seems very developed in the mental part of the game. That's obviously a big part of playing QB and some guys have all the tools but never develop that part of their game.

I like his skill set, but it's debatable whether he is a franchise guy or just a solid QB. He played like a solid QB tonight, not a #1 pick (although he was great in the 4th quarter). I've heard people compare him to Aaron Rodgers, which would be awesome, but that's also a best case scenario.

If you don't think he is a franchise guy then you go Clowney or Barr #1 and QB 2nd round.

I disagree completely, there's nothing to indicate Bridgewater is a top QB candidate. Again, he struggles against bottom tier competition on countless occasions. I don't know how anyone can see the games he plays and says he can tear up NFL teams.

:kitten:

I disagree completely, there's nothing to indicate Bridgewater is a top QB candidate. Again, he struggles against bottom tier competition on countless occasions. I don't know how anyone can see the games he plays and says he can tear up NFL teams.

Struggles against bottom tier competition. Wrecks LSU in the Sugar Bowl. Make of it what you will.

Struggles against bottom tier competition yet lit up #3 Florida in the Sugar Bowl last year.

I still don't know where this "struggling" stuff is coming from. Nobody plays lights out every week. Because he plays at a small conference school people want big numbers from him every week like they get from Carr or Fales. The thing is, he doesn't play in wide open offense like Carr or Fales and is not going to throw for 500 yards every game. He plays in a ball control offense that relies on it's running game and his efficiency to move the ball.

The guy has completed almost 70% of his passes this year with a 7:1 TD-INT ration and has the 3rd highest QB rating in the country. Does this make him a sure fire NFL success? Absolutely not. But you immediately dismiss him because of his competition. The funny thing is, if competition is all that mattered, then how come there are so few SEC QB's starting in the NFL.

Struggles against bottom tier competition yet lit up #3 Florida in the Sugar Bowl last year.

I still don't know where this "struggling" stuff is coming from. Nobody plays lights out every week. Because he plays at a small conference school people want big numbers from him every week like they get from Carr or Fales. The thing is, he doesn't play in wide open offense like Carr or Fales and is not going to throw for 500 yards every game. He plays in a ball control offense that relies on it's running game and his efficiency to move the ball.

The guy has completed almost 70% of his passes this year with a 7:1 TD-INT ration and has the 3rd highest QB rating in the country. Does this make him a sure fire NFL success? Absolutely not. But you immediately dismiss him because of his competition. The funny thing is, if competition is all that mattered, then how come there are so few SEC QB's starting in the NFL.

Plus, its not like he's throwing smoke screens a lot.

2lsji9g.jpg

Don't forget Teddy B is playing with guys who will be watching the NFL next year or playing Arena League. His OLine is in shambles, and if his receivers were better he would probably complete 80% of his passes <exaggerated for effect :)>

Look at the kids mechanics, his drop back is impeccable. He throws a beautiful ball, tight spiral, easily catchable. Plenty of zip all over the field, and even off his back leg.

Above all, his ability to diagnose Ds and adjust blocking assignments and his ability to lead is far ahead of most guys his age, and a great character guy.

Put him with professional athletes who can block and catch and he will excel.

Saying he isn't a first round guy is ignorant and complaining about competition is narrow sighted when you don't account for the lack of talent around him, without Bridgewater Louisville is exponentially a worse team.

So now what? Indy is a loss, then Denver is a loss, then the final game at the Titans. I see a 2-14 record and the number 1 pick before us. The only problem with this is I agree with Corrosion that there really isn't anyone worth the number 1 pick. Doesn't mean we shouldn't take Bridgewater or Clowney, I just don't think either of them are worth the number 1 pick. They could both really help us though.

So are you saying we should draft him or not?

Nahhhh, Case Keenum is entertaining, I can watch him and vomit in my mouth for the next 5 year's. <sarc> actually with this team's history I wouldn't be surprised if they go CB or TE.

Looking more into Clowney I'm more than a bit concrrned with hid motor and dedication. He is a nice prospect, measurables through the roof, but he is no Mario Williams coming out of college, could end up being another Courtney Brown.

On a more related and upbeat topic, heard that the Boys from Kirby reached another milestone, their penalty yardage last night was the most by any team in 12 years, so they have that to build on.

Some of you so called fans are despicable. And those fans who only want to be a fan if the Texans are winning make me want to puke. Asking for pick 6's, etc. Class A douche bags.

Especially all of the Case Keenum fans who refuse to accept that Keenum is limited and not an NFL QB. Schaub is light years better than Keenum or Yates. That is undeniable. Keenum's so called advantage in mobility has done nothing but cause 20 yards sacks with a few nice plays here and there. Pocket passers win championships, not RB's masquerading as QB's.

Most of you all gave up on the season too soon, and we deserve to be the worst team in the league, but as many of you have proven in this thread. The Texans have the worst fan base in the NFL.

To those of you who keep the faith and are still thinking clearly, I tip my hat to you, and to those who ***** and moan over everything, and think they know better, I fart in your general direction.

i missed the game last night (JT Concert>>>>)

but as much as i know its going to pain me…I'm going to watch the game from last night :toropalm:

Back