Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals, 7:30 PM **Official GameDay Thread** Preseason Gam

Anyone still not understanding why he has played quarterback for 5 different NFL teams? I fully understand it and know the answer. What I dont understand is why he is the starting quarterback now for the Houston Texans. What did these clowns expect! I have never seen a Houston Texans team play any worse than they did today.

Apparently you don't remember the 120 degree heat Pittsburgh game that made the Texans change their open roof policy?

It was fun seeing all of the makeup/mascara running down the beautiful women's faces. Or old ladies passing out.

3 and out.

So far I feel like what I was reading in the game day thread was a little exaggerated.

You can't be serious. Fitzpatrick looked like crap against Arizona's 2nd stringers. The secondary was getting destroyed all game and couldn't stop them on third down. The 2nd string offense couldn't move the ball because they couldn't stop making mistakes. And the only reason there wasn't more mistakes in the 4th quarter is because the defense couldn't stop Logan Thomas. Exaggerated? The entire team played like crap.

You can't be serious. Fitzpatrick looked like crap against Arizona's 2nd stringers. The secondary was getting destroyed all game and couldn't stop them on third down. The 2nd string offense couldn't move the ball because they couldn't stop making mistakes. And the only reason there wasn't more mistakes in the 4th quarter is because the defense couldn't stop Logan Thomas. Exaggerated? The entire team played like crap.

Yes I'm serious.

And Uncle Bob (McNair) won't fire Rick Smith this season. But if I were he, I'd be looking for a up-and-coming Ozzie Smith type guy.
The Texans need more defenders, but I think they're OK at shortstop.

Fitzpatrick is still going to be the starter. Haven't seen the other qb's yet, but wasn't awful.
Every student in the world called, and they all want you grading their tests.

Merciless going against second team oline and not getting any real pressure. He's not good. I'd cut him and look to the waiver wire to bolster that position.

Fitzpatrick is still going to be the starter. Haven't seen the other qb's yet, but wasn't awful.

2zz6v6x.jpg

Fitz still in.

Ok throw to Martin. Martin can't come up with grab. A little high, Martin not that good.

Next play, fitz buys time steps up, throws strik to Thomas. Good play.

Going against second team, but another good throw to Thomas.

Then follows it up with a 20+ yard scamper.

Looks better the longer he's been in. But again, second team defense.

Free rusher. Fitz sees it rolls away from it.

Incomplete to blue.

Next play, some pressure...quick throw to posey.

3rd down coming up.

Cards bring pressure.

Terrible throw by fitz. Cannot make that pass in that spot.

Looks like the kind of throw a stupid player would make. Eat the ball or throw it away. I really didn't think fitz looked terrible until that throw.

He hasn't been great, but he hadn't been poor IMO. That one throw was worrisome though.

Have to see if that becomes a pattern here.

End of 1st half.

Up tempo.

Case with two nice throws. One to blue. One to lemon.

1st down. Dropped pass by blue.

Penalty on oline. 1st and 20.

Draw to blue. Minimal yardage.

Next play, decent throw by case. Dropped by griffin on diving catch attempt. Would have been negated due to penalty on oline anyways.

Follow that up with false start by kupper.

Case didn't get a fair shake there. The little he was able to do I liked.

Don't know wtf happened with that delay of game, but he recovered nicely.

He looks like he throws a better ball than fitz. Seems to have more control and able to put touch in his passes when he needs it.

Wasn't awful? What game are you watching? Did you decide to simulate the game in Madden and this is your play by play because Fitzpatrick absolutely sucked, especially against a second string defense...

But whatever helps you sleep at night, keep taking it...

Wasn't awful? What game are you watching? Did you decide to simulate the game in Madden and this is your play by play because Fitzpatrick absolutely sucked, especially against a second string defense...

But whatever helps you sleep at night, keep taking it...

I'm giving my opinion like everyone else. Thanks. Have a good Sunday.

D line looks good. Besides clowney I haven't seen good enough pressure from the edge. That's an issue.

Again, I'd cut merciless and shake things up. He's not even making ots sweat. Easily handled in single blocks.

Dropped pass by blue.

A little high by keenum, but I like the quick decision.

So far besides the really bad decision by fitz at the end of the half I don't see any egregious awful play.

I'm encouraged. I will say case looks a little more talented than fitz with that quick release and his feet look better. He's making good decisions too.

I take back what I said...I can see him getting some first team reps, but not because I think fitz was just awful overall.

Merciless still out on the field....

He's looking bad against the run and pass. I thought he could maybe get better, but he hasn't.

I'm serious, I'd cut him on Monday.

Players I'm most disappointed in are him and Brandon Harris and fitz with that bad pick, and everyone getting these multiple penalties.

I don't feel as bad as I felt reading the thread yesterday. Limit these penalties and the texans probably look a lot better in this game. It's hard to judge the offense really because they are killing themselves with penalties and now the defense can't get off the field.

that's cool, give your opinion, even if it is under the influence of some hallucinogens...

Why do you have to start taking shots? Damnit. I ignored the first one.

You're the jackass with the Fitzpatrick avatar. What drugs were you on when you made the brilliant decision to rock with that beauty?

Why do you have to start taking shots? Damnit. I ignored the first one.

You're the jackass with the Fitzpatrick avatar. What drugs were you on when you made the brilliant decision to rock with that beauty?

Um, that was a joke buddy....anybody who thinks Fitzpatrick is in anyway good, is on something. Saying people of "exaggerated" is also taking shots. Fitzspatrick sucked and will suck, he is not good....

but keep on keepin' on with a play by play of a game we have already seen...

Um, that was a joke buddy....anybody who thinks Fitzpatrick is in anyway good, is on something. Saying people of "exaggerated" is also taking shots. Fitzspatrick sucked and will suck, he is not good....

Ok thanks.

Honestly I haven't noticed him, but that's probably a good thing in this game.
Williams was called on a hold on a play some vets would have gotten away with. At least he was close enough to the receiver to get a holding call. Later, he made a play forcing the runner inside and making the tackle.

Savage in. First pass short dump to Johnson.

Keyshawn Martin still in.

Was the inted receiver on the scramble. Not a great throw...good job getting out of the pocket and buying time though.

Game looks a little more sloppy and hrer shelter at this point. Mainly the oline going against the cardinals DLine.

Not sure how much I can take away from this point in the game as far a decision making goes. Can still see basic things like guys getting physical beat and how qb's are spinning the ball.

The Texans need more defenders, but I think they're OK at shortstop.

Every student in the world called, and they all want you grading their tests.

The grading glasses being used are of the Rose Colored variety.

Williams was called on a hold on a play some vets would have gotten away with. At least he was close enough to the receiver to get a holding call. Later, he made a play forcing the runner inside and making the tackle.

Oh ok. I do remember the running play. Don't remember all the guys getting penalties though.

He's educating you, schooling you, don't you know?

I think this was the worst preseason game I'm ever seen.

Fitspatrick was horrible. A lot of other thngs were too.

I would have liked to see more of Keenum, but I'm sure I will later.

I don't think this team is doing jack this year anyway. Might as well start looking at the top QB prospects for next draft.

I think this was the worst preseason game I'm ever seen.

Fitspatrick was horrible. A lot of other thngs were too.

I would have liked to see more of Keenum, but I'm sure I will later.

I don't think this team is doing jack this year anyway. Might as well start looking at the top QB prospects for next draft.

I have not seen one this bad since the 2002 season...seriously...

Just saw the flag on Marcus Williams. Ehhhh....

Ahhh...ok...now I see the tackle you were talking about...

That was a good stop.

I still want to see some db's with deep coverage skills. I haven't see one really look good at that.

Back