Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hopkins traded to Cardinals?

Bobs disregard for draft equity disturbing to say the least.....

Makes me think of this meme: :heh:

O'BrienFuckThemPicks.jpg

Agreed

I'm not towing the company line. I'm hoping for the best and think the WR corps has been improved over all with the addition of Cooks/Cobb even with the loss of Nuk.

I hope this trade doesn't preclude them from picking another WR late in the draft. There should be a good developmental guy late in the draft that can help out on ST's while learning as a rookie.

I understand. Where you and I diverge is that you have been able to find 'hope', whereas I have absolutely none as it pertains to Bill O'Brien.

My favorite NFL team winning makes me happy. Going more than one and done in the playoffs makes me happy. Not blowing 24-0 leads makes me happy. The Chip Kelly experiment was a total disaster and is one of the reasons I don't believe in the HC/GM model. Like I said. Time will tell.

NFL history has many examples of failed coaches trying to stock a team with old, broken players and failing. O'Brien will just be another name on that List of Sadness.

Tunsil hasn't signed anything, nor has their been much info that a deal is getting hammered out. If Tunsil wants 21M and wont settle for anything less, OB may blow an o-ring since that probably goes against his plans. Personally, I don't see Tunsil budging from 21M per season and demanding a fat up front signing bonus with a healthy amount guaranteed.

Go Team Tunsil. I want him to sign, but to maximize his deal. I wouldn't be shocked if O'Brien the GM gets the deal done but puts Tunsil in the doghouse as head coach.

agreed.
seems to me that O'Brien and Hopkins didn't get along.
The only way for Hop to leave Houston was to ask for another "raise". I'm sure he knew that wouldn't go over well with our coach/GM.

...of course this is speculation.
I may have missed it but I've yet to see a link quoting Hopkins actually asking for a new contract.

Well said. The only sources I've seen have been from Houston Texans, Inc., and they have an obvious biased agenda to perpetuate this angle.

I'm still mad as hell about this trade.

tbh, I have a hard time being objective about anything concerning O'Brien after this trade. He's a nincompoop and I can't see beyond it.

It's business not personal. The Texans didn't want to redo Nuk's contract. This all came down to $$$$. (The Texans way, Thanks Cal) I'm hopeful that the Te's get more involved with Kelly running he offense. 55 receptions may be low for the RB's (Checkdowns are an area that DW4 needs to improve) but the Texans are or atleast were a run based offense and there are only so many catches to go around.

Tell me how many completions do you think DW4 will have next yr and what will the pass distribution look like? Keep in mind you cant go off of the past due to Kelly running the offense and Nuk being gone.

Lets start a thread about this I would like to get others thoughts on this.

yeah bad business.

The folks at CBS Sports have given Houston a D-. Bleacher Report gave them an F; BR also gives Houston 2 of the top 5 worst moves this off-season and a bonus pair in their (dis)honorable mention section

ESPN gives them a D+ for Cooks and an F- for HopkinsPro Football Focus simply grades it “poor.” The Sporting News gave them a C or Cooks and a D for David Johnson,

Hey guys...

I wanted to drop in and say hello and comment on the ridiculous trade BOB made with us.

First off, I’m not going to lie, we are insanely happy to get Hopkins. We truly hope he puts us over the top with Murray and Fitz and gets us to the playoffs.

But, I wanted to let you know that I truly hope DJ returns to 2016 form with you guys. Hopefully, a change of scenery will spark him.

Also, I want you folks to know that he is a FANTASTIC human being. You’re getting a true team player who is humble and hard working. I truly think he’ll give the Texans everything he’s got. I, personally, will miss him here in AZ.

Good luck with the season (God willing, when it starts) and good luck in the draft.

So what would you say the reason was he didn’t play as much last year?
Not entirely sure but we definitely saw a drop off after his wrist injury. Also, Chase Edmonds was looking great and then, as you know, we brought Drake in and, frankly, he ran angry and hard. Johnson just didn’t look like he had those bursts that he had in 2016.

But, with that said, some of the drop off may also be in part to our new coach pretty much benching him. In other words, he’s hinted strongly that he was unhappy with how the GM and coach treated him.

He may go to Texas with a chip on his shoulder which, of course, would be great for you guys.

Personally, I’d take a gamble in Fantasy with him. He may be pissed and take it out on your opponents. Johnson is a truck that is deceptively fast and has a vicious stiff-arm.

Last edited:
Hey guys...

I wanted to drop in and say hello and comment on the ridiculous trade BOB made with us.

First off, I’m not going to lie, we are insanely happy to get Hopkins. We truly hope he puts us over the top with Murray and Fitz and gets us to the playoffs.

But, I wanted to let you know that I truly hope DJ returns to 2016 form with you guys. Hopefully, a change of scenery will spark him.

Also, I want you folks to know that he is a FANTASTIC human being. You’re getting a true team player who is humble and hard working. I truly think he’ll give the Texans everything he’s got. I, personally, will miss him here in AZ.

Good luck with the season (God willing, when it starts) and good luck in the draft.

How is he in pass-pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is he in pass-pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If memory serves, pretty decent. I’ve seen him get burned a few times but I kind of felt like it was more of a mental mistake than ability. He forgot his assignment or realized his assignment after it was too late. But, in general, I think he’s pretty solid.

He’s got fantastic hands too and I think it would be a waste to not sometimes line him up as a slot or even wideout.

Look at some of his catches on YouTube. Pretty impressive.

But I think he’ll be able to buy Watson time when needed for sure.

If memory serves, pretty decent. I’ve seen him get burned a few times but I kind of felt like it was more of a mental mistake than ability. He forgot his assignment or realized his assignment after it was too late. But, in general, I think he’s pretty solid.

He’s got fantastic hands too and I think it would be a waste to not sometimes line him up as a slot or even wideout.

Look at some of his catches on YouTube. Pretty impressive.

But I think he’ll be able to buy Watson time when needed for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. I've read some articles stating that pass-pro was the weakest part of his game. These articles weren't very recent, so he could have easily improved.

You guys will love Nuk. He plays every game and never complains. I've always compared him to Larry Fitzgerald. Not extremely fast, but knows how to use his body and hands to get open. And of course, catches everything w/ in his arm radius.

Thanks for the feedback. I've read some articles stating that pass-pro was the weakest part of his game. These articles weren't very recent, so he could have easily improved.

You guys will love Nuk. He plays every game and never complains. I've always compared him to Larry Fitzgerald. Not extremely fast, but knows how to use his body and hands to get open. And of course, catches everything w/ in his arm radius.
We’re thrilled to have him. Basically, everyone feels like we got a new Fitz minus about 9 years in age. Very similar skills and style. Both not speed demons but world class hands and a big body they know how to use against DBs.

As a Outsider what is your opinion on what WR Stills is worth to the Green Bay Packers? There has been mentioned interest by Green Bay.
I’ll be completely honest in that I’m only vaguely familiar with Stills. I tend to focus mainly on the NFC (and, more specifically, the NFC west...I LOATHE the Seahawks. I get angry at the sight of a Seahawks bumper sticker in Phoenix...but I digress).

But from the very little I know about him I’d say a 3rd or maybe a 4th for him? But, as I said, I’m pretty ignorant about that particular player. I looked him up and glanced at his stats. Certainly not bad on paper.

Sorry I couldn’t help more in that.

This describes Nuk perfectly.

He's a younger Fitz.

Hope he ends up as successful as HOF'er Fitz has been.

yeah bad business.

The folks at CBS Sports have given Houston a D-. Bleacher Report gave them an F; BR also gives Houston 2 of the top 5 worst moves this off-season and a bonus pair in their (dis)honorable mention section

ESPN gives them a D+ for Cooks and an F- for HopkinsPro Football Focus simply grades it “poor.” The Sporting News gave them a C or Cooks and a D for David Johnson,

same gaslighting is being spread by the few here who keep harping the OBrien company statement. You simply cant make a logical supportive argument for getting rid of Hopkins because of $$$ and end up bringing in more money at the position and causing flux and disarray that will need draft picks allocated to a group that didnt need to be addressed at the present.

Same people who go along with this would go along with a Presidential "complete control" statement circumventing the Constitution to suit an immediate talking point.

You can bring up countless statistical and anecdotal examples of why its not hard to see the current state of affairs as anything more than horrible. "F" ratings, its not even in the realm of subjectivity to make those claims!

Mike Thomas said it best yesterday:

Per Aaron Wilson, Arizona GM Keim said he has already been in contact with Hopkins' agent, Todd France of Creative Artists Agency, about potentially adjusting his deal closer to the $20 million / yr Hopkins is seeking...........almost doubling the contract he is playing under presently.
The Cards need to worry about investing some money in their defense.

same gaslighting is being spread by the few here who keep harping the OBrien company statement. You simply cant make a logical supportive argument for getting rid of Hopkins because of $$$ and end up bringing in more money at the position and causing flux and disarray that will need draft picks allocated to a group that didnt need to be addressed at the present.

Same people who go along with this would go along with a Presidential "complete control" statement circumventing the Constitution to suit an immediate talking point.

You can bring up countless statistical and anecdotal examples of why its not hard to see the current state of affairs as anything more than horrible. "F" ratings, its not even in the realm of subjectivity to make those claims!

Mike Thomas said it best yesterday:

Give me Cooks/DJ/40 on shorter term $$$$.

Quoting that great philosopher Micheal Thomas.

LMAO

We’re thrilled to have him. Basically, everyone feels like we got a new Fitz minus about 9 years in age. Very similar skills and style. Both not speed demons but world class hands and a big body they know how to use against DBs.
Nuk knows how to get separation and runs good routes.
He's a magician with the sideline catches - you will think no way he got both feet in until the slomo.
He didn't drop a catch last season - amazing.

As Hopkins, 27, sat down at his locker after the game, surrounded by silence and his teammates, he had two thoughts: that the Texans had given their long-suffering fan base a future to look forward to and that they would need to end their string of playoff disappointments without him. The wideout had spoken to his family throughout the season about his desire to start over, with a new team, and, more specifically, with a new boss. He believed that Bill O’Brien, the lone NFL coach to also hold a general manager title, had been shopping him for more than a year.

That January afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium he tugged off his jersey, met with reporters and crisscrossed the corridors until he found his mother, Sabrina Greenlee. “We talked about this before the year,” she told him. “I know you guys had success as a team and you got further than in the past. But if you’re ready to go, I will be your No. 1 supporter.”

Anyone who knew Hopkins, his story and his relationship with O’Brien would understand, he thought. At that point, though, few did. His Houston tenure was over, despite the teammates he loved, the quarterback he bonded with and the city that had become his adopted home. What Hopkins knew was, “that asking for a little raise would lead to the outcome that I got,” he says, “which is the outcome that I wanted.”

Hopkins took the call from O’Brien while working out with Julio Jones in Los Angeles. Their initial reaction? “We both smiled,” Hopkins says. The coach adopted a businesslike approach for the brief exchange, his tone and message exactly what the receiver had expected, given the tenor of their interactions over the past six seasons. “There was no relationship,” Hopkins says. “Make sure you put that in there. There’s not a lot to speak about.”

Watson, meanwhile, had just finished his own workout with his private quarterbacks coach, Quincy Avery, who saw dozens of messages about the trade when he picked up his phone. Avery told Watson, who thought he was joking. The quarterback ran to grab his own device and sat down immediately, trying to make sense of the news; even he was shocked. “Wow,” Watson said, over and over, before posting a Drake lyric on Twitter, the one that resonated across the NFL: “iconic duos rip and split at the seams.”

As Irvin assessed the trade from afar, he continued to feel as if he wasn’t hearing the full story. This divorce, like most divorces but especially sports breakups, couldn’t have been just about money. Every player on every team wants more. So Irvin spoke to Hopkins, who said all the right things, about respecting O’Brien and wanting a new start. But Hopkins also phoned back two days later, and in that call they discussed an earlier meeting with O’Brien that helped explain why he had wanted out. It took place during last season, which was odd because O’Brien and Hopkins had rarely met privately before. Hopkins can’t recall his coach ever asking about his personal life, or expressing concerns about his off-field choices. But in that meeting Hopkins told Irvin that, in reference to Hopkins’s friends, O’Brien brought up another player he had coached, former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, the convicted murderer who hanged himself in prison. O’Brien also used the term “baby mothers” to refer to the mothers of Hopkins’s three children, two boys and a girl. (He is not married.) O’Brien confidants say they doubt the coach used those exact words. But because the men lacked depth in their relationship, the sentiments that O’Brien expressed didn’t come across as genuine concerns for Hopkins and his well-being. They seemed like answers to why they had no relationship in the first place. They felt like judgments, from a coach who didn’t seem to care about him—plus the outdated contract.

Hopkins doesn’t deny the meeting but prefers to not delve deeper, saying only, “If I let the judgment of other people dictate the reality of my life, I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in now.” O’Brien, citing a similar desire to avoid a public back-and-forth, declined to comment beyond, “We wish him the very best in Arizona.”

Once Irvin shared the meeting’s contents on ESPN, anonymous sources began to paint a picture of Hopkins as a malcontent who had started to decline. Hopkins believes the sources hoped to tarnish his name and justify a trade that had been widely panned.

Hopkins did address some of the anonymous criticisms with SI. But first, he said, “Obviously, we know where all that’s coming from.”

He didn’t practice often enough. Hopkins says that stems mostly from 2018, when he tore ligaments in his left ankle, requiring tightrope surgery; suffered other maladies (like turf toe); and was iffy to play most of the season, missing practices but no games. Notably, the Texans won nine straight in his best pro campaign, making it hard to argue his absences hurt his team. “No evidence,” Hopkins says. “Go back and check the practice film.”

He hung with the wrong crowd. Hopkins laughs and says his best friend and housemate is his cousin, D.J. Greenlee, a marketer for a sports agency in California. He spends time with fashion and furniture designers, architects, developers, family and fellow athletes. Business leaders send him books to read. The latest: Extreme Ownership, How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win. The volume is fitting, given the events of this spring, because Hopkins says it details how the best teams come together. The relevant takeaway? The necessity of organizational alignment.

His play dipped in 2019, when his yards after the catch and yards per target went down. That ignores mitigating factors. Speedy wideouts Kenny Stills and Will Fuller both missed significant time, allowing defenses to consistently double Hopkins. He still caught 104 passes, still gained 1,165 receiving yards and still had a catch percentage (69.3) that nearly matched his high, from a year earlier (70.6). Most No. 1 receivers would consider that a career year. All for a playoff T-E-A-M, he says.

What goes unmentioned is that Hopkins loved Houston, was only 20 when the Texans drafted him, that he became a leader and a mentor, immersed himself in the community, stood up for those who could not stand for themselves, found a quarterback he believed in and led Houston to the postseason four times. It’s not the city he has an issue with—and he’s not the person the fan base now targets with its ire. A Change.org petition seeking the ouster of O’Brien has more than 23,000 signatures.

Hopkins can’t help but think what he might have accomplished with Watson had they played their entire careers together, two kids from Clemson with strong ties to single mothers who had battled the worst that life could heave at them, now scrapping with Mahomes for AFC supremacy as a new NFL era dawned. Hopkins will still root for Watson. “Deshaun is going to be amazing without me,” he says.

As for O’Brien? The anonymous sources? Teams have different philosophies, Hopkins says, and he must respect them. “The Patriots”—where O’Brien was an assistant—“win championships without a highly paid receiver,” Hopkins says. “Some of those philosophies do work.”

Hopkins called his mother as those anonymous sources drilled holes in his reputation. “I’m not perfect,” he told her. “I’ve made mistakes. But after what we’ve been through . . .” He trailed off. She knew.

Reads about how I thought it went down...Much like his former colleague up in Seattle Duane Brown, He wanted out and he used his contract situation to get out. Obviously, there's the slant against BoB but at the end of the day, he got what he wanted without making himself look like a bad guy to fans. The most surprising part of what was there to be read was what everyone thought Nuk wasn't......a diva. Outside of the "small" raise, The article makes him comes off as if he was upset b/c his ass wasn't kissed enough.

Oh well....

[Palmer] DeAndre Hopkins is not demanding a new contract in Arizona, but the two sides are working on a new deal that might make Hopkins the highest paid non-QB in the league.

SI story continued:

While Hopkins dealt with the aftermath of his trade, he leaned on what he has always stood for. He knew, even as an impoverished child in South Carolina, that he was different. Gifted, sure. But more than that. He didn’t dress like the other children in his neighborhood; he scoured discount stores to find colorful scarves and brand-name shirts. He argued for individuality and racial equality with anyone who disagreed. He grew dreadlocks because he discovered a widespread policy that people who wore them could still be discriminated against at work. For his individuality, he believes that he was judged long before he ever sat in O’Brien’s office.

“That’s what happens, especially in America,” Hopkins says. “That’s why I wear my hair up with pride, because I know that we, as people, drew strength from our hair. I will never cut [mine] because I know who I am. And there’s power in knowing exactly who I am.”

Hopkins always told teammates to make their own decisions, that they didn’t have to wear gold chains because other players did, but that if they wanted to, they should. When Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the national anthem in 2016 to protest police brutality and racial inequality, Hopkins went out and grabbed 10 Kap jerseys. He caught flak from what he calls “those racist Russian bots” on social media but displayed his respect for the message publicly, with pride.

Then came the week that embodied DeAndre Hopkins, that foreshadowed how he would handle the trade this spring. Before the Texans played in Seattle that October, ESPN released a story, quoting Houston’s owner, the late Bob McNair, telling his fellow billionaires in a leaguewide meeting that “we can’t have inmates running the prison,” regarding anthem protests. Hopkins left the team’s facility the day that news surfaced, telling teammates who had said they’d join him, “S---, pack y’all stuff then.” As he walked out, Hopkins says he felt great, light, that he had done the right thing regardless of the consequences.

Hopkins denounced the comments, saying he couldn’t sugarcoat his feelings: that he felt like a slave, that this was a master ordering his workers back to the fields. But even then he showed empathy to McNair, who Hopkins noted was older and from the South, where Hopkins knew firsthand how deeply entrenched the more troubling history of America really was. Even now, without excusing McNair’s comment, Hopkins says that McNair was a good man who changed Hopkins’s life and that he hopes McNair rests in peace. Hopkins showed more understanding for McNair’s background than O’Brien would show for his. “Of course, [the inmates comment] was bulls---,” Hopkins says. “But I’m not going to feed into the negativity. America is built on certain values, and some of those values aren’t in the interest of people [like me]. That’s just the world we live in.”

Throughout his career, just as in that moment, Hopkins continued to define himself, rather than allow others to define him. He has helped his mother start a nonprofit to aid survivors of domestic violence. He dived into interior design, having planned an offseason work trip to Italy this spring before the coronavirus swept across the world. He wants to mock up more comfortable, more functional office chairs for a nation of cubicle dwellers checking on their fantasy football teams. And he says he’s closing in on starting his own business, where he will team up with the luxury brand Golden Goose, a company that he says understands that imperfection can equal uniqueness, that voice is important, that someone like him can create something more timeless than even his football career.

He’s a reader, a designer, an activist—and a football player. Did that hasten his exit from Houston? He doesn’t say that. But he does say that anyone who thinks such individuality might hinder success on the field should check out the career of LeBron James. “I don’t think anyone would dare say he’s hurting the team,” Hopkins says.

Friends have tried to make Hopkins feel better, calling the trade the worst in the history of Houston sports. He appreciates the sentiments, but in a way they’re no different to him than the barbs coming from those anonymous sources. Instead, a quote from one mentor resonated more than any other. What happened yesterday isn’t real.

“Meaning,” Hopkins says, “that no matter what happens, you have to move forward.”

Anger won’t help him in Arizona, which is why he’s not demanding a new contract, even though both sides are working toward one that might make him the highest-paid nonquarterback in the NFL. A presumably friendlier coach in Kliff Kingsbury should help. So will a cast of talented teammates, including Larry Fitzgerald, the future Hall of Fame receiver; speedy wideout Christian Kirk; versatile running back Kenyan Drake; and another dazzling young quarterback in Kyler Murray, the 2019 Offensive Rookie of the Year. The Cardinals finished tied for 16th in scoring last season, with a first-year coach and QB—before adding DeAndre Hopkins. “Obviously, the game is changing,” he says. “The Chiefs won the Super Bowl with the kind of offense we have.”

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Hopkins won’t be able to work out with Murray this spring. Weeks passed before he could take his physical, but Hopkins passed, as did David Johnson, making the deal official. He can’t yet move to the Phoenix area because of the same precautions. But he’s not worried. He never is. The first thing he did after the trade was donate $150,000 to coronavirus relief efforts in his new state. “I’m a stress-free person,” he says. “I live in the present. I only care about this T-E-A-M.”

A shot at O’Brien, a look to the future and the same theme again bubbling to the surface. “Change is good,” Hopkins says. “It’s not weird, this time we’re living in, because if you’re spiritual, you understand that right now it is time to change.” No one could have predicted what’s happening, he says, lamenting the deaths and the restrictions. “That’s never good,” he continues. “But I see the world coming together, organizations and people working to help and protect each other. We’ve never had anything like that, either, for humanity to pull together like it is now.”

“Peace and love,” he says as he hangs up, on another afternoon when yesterday wasn’t real but tomorrow surely will be.

LMAO. Players dont have any respect or trust with OBrien. Is it still vague here to the few of you? That article is FIRE!!

The ship is sinking and the smart ones will get off.

“There was no relationship,” Hopkins said of their time together. “Make sure you put that in there. There’s not a lot to speak about.”
With Hopkins now in Arizona and preparing with a new set of faces for his eighth season in the NFL. Hopkins is worried about his new team.
"I’m a stress-free person,” he says. “I live in the present. I only care about this T-E-A-M.”

As Irvin assessed the trade from afar, he continued to feel as if he wasn’t hearing the full story. This divorce, like most divorces but especially sports breakups, couldn’t have been just about money. Every player on every team wants more. So Irvin spoke to Hopkins, who said all the right things, about respecting O’Brien and wanting a new start. But Hopkins also phoned back two days later, and in that call they discussed an earlier meeting with O’Brien that helped explain why he had wanted out. It took place during last season, which was odd because O’Brien and Hopkins had rarely met privately before. Hopkins can’t recall his coach ever asking about his personal life, or expressing concerns about his off-field choices. But in that meeting Hopkins told Irvin that, in reference to Hopkins’s friends, O’Brien brought up another player he had coached, former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, the convicted murderer who hanged himself in prison. O’Brien also used the term “baby mothers” to refer to the mothers of Hopkins’s three children, two boys and a girl. (He is not married.) O’Brien confidants say they doubt the coach used those exact words. But because the men lacked depth in their relationship, the sentiments that O’Brien expressed didn’t come across as genuine concerns for Hopkins and his well-being. They seemed like answers to why they had no relationship in the first place. They felt like judgments, from a coach who didn’t seem to care about him—plus the outdated contract.

He didn’t practice often enough. Hopkins says that stems mostly from 2018, when he tore ligaments in his left ankle, requiring tightrope surgery; suffered other maladies (like turf toe); and was iffy to play most of the season, missing practices but no games. Notably, the Texans won nine straight in his best pro campaign, making it hard to argue his absences hurt his team. “No evidence,” Hopkins says. “Go back and check the practice film.”
He hung with the wrong crowd. Hopkins laughs and says his best friend and housemate is his cousin, D.J. Greenlee, a marketer for a sports agency in California. He spends time with fashion and furniture designers, architects, developers, family and fellow athletes. Business leaders send him books to read. The latest: Extreme Ownership, How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win. The volume is fitting, given the events of this spring, because Hopkins says it details how the best teams come together. The relevant takeaway? The necessity of organizational alignment.

His play dipped in 2019, when his yards after the catch and yards per target went down. That ignores mitigating factors. Speedy wideouts Kenny Stills and Will Fuller both missed significant time, allowing defenses to consistently double Hopkins. He still caught 104 passes, still gained 1,165 receiving yards and still had a catch percentage (69.3) that nearly matched his high, from a year earlier (70.6). Most No. 1 receivers would consider that a career year. All for a playoff T-E-A-M, he says.

thats the last one.

we can bury this pony - and all the excuses that come with it. Logo Lovers, OBrien Apologists should just grit their teeth and be quiet because NOTHING they can say will afford any kind of positive spin to the Nuk trade .. ever.

Mentioned ativism/self serving/hating on his HC etc... never once mentioned football while he was here even those the man he hates offense has allowed him to make millions.

Enjoy life in the desert Nuk.

Meanwhile the Texans lockeroom and on field product will be better in addition to your yrly contract demands hurting the team/cap.

Good riddance.

#Cleaningupthemess

Hey bro not just here. I’m on the Texans messenger on Facebook and these dudes are crucifying Hopkins because all they read was Hop forced the trade.

he in essence did force the trade. It’s there right in print from his own lips. He “knew” that if he asked for a raise, that it wasn’t going to be palatable for them in terms of what they were trying to do with DW4 and Tunsil...then the “smile” he and Julio had when he got the call from BoB about the trade...he totally orchestrated it.

Still doesn’t mean BoB should’ve traded him, but it’s clear he had a hand in it. You’re being delusional if you offer up anything to the contrary.

thats the last one.

we can bury this pony - and all the excuses that come with it. Logo Lovers, OBrien Apologists should just grit their teeth and be quiet because NOTHING they can say will afford any kind of positive spin to the Nuk trade .. ever.

You love players over the team, you've made that quite clear. Teams that win believe in team over players. This gives them the character to not fold like a cheap tent when times get tough. 51-7

I actually believe if your boy does his job next yr and the offense stays healthy then the offense will be better than last yrs.

Nuk I hope they enjoy your activist/selfish a$$ in the desert.

he in essence did force the trade. It’s there right in print from his own lips. He “knew” that if he asked for a raise, that it wasn’t going to be palatable for them in terms of what they were trying to do with DW4 and Tunsil...then the “smile” he and Julio had when he got the call from BoB about the trade...he totally orchestrated it.

Still doesn’t mean BoB should’ve traded him, but it’s clear he had a hand in it. You’re being delusional if you offer up anything to the contrary.

Of course he forced the trade. But somehow that's BOB's fault.

I wouldn't have traded him and if he acted like an a$$ I would've given him the treatment the Eagles gave another WR a few yrs ago (T.O.) with attitude issues like Nuk had.

BTW, how many championships did the self serving T.O. win?

When is the last time the Cards won a championship? Nuk is going to get what he wanted in the desert. Paid

I'm good with whatever Hopkins felt was best for him. But I'm curious to find out what "a little raise" is going to look like. The non "demand" statement above is somewhat humorous.........and I wonder how he would be feeling without that anticipated "little raise."

Last edited:
I'm good with whatever Hopkins felt was best for him. But I'm curious to find out what "a little raise" is going to look like. The non "demand" statement above is somewhat humorous.........and I wonder how he would be feeling without that anticipated "little raise."

Thats the thing. The few of us who were looking at this with unbiased eyes knew that it was money driven all along & aren't even mad about it. Dude wanted more money, do what's best for you Nuk...Just be straight up about it..Don't try to spin it like it's something else and that's what the article tries to do; give the appearance that it was "the other things" which on its face, is laughable.

He was fine with having "no relationship" with BoB from 2014-2018. Now all of a sudden in 2019....... which, coincidentally is the same year all the guaranteed money ran out on his contract, he's all upset that he didn't have 1 and he needed to go? Come on man. Some of ya'll are so gullible.

He asked for a raise because he learned the coach been shopping him for a year and a half.

Why are you shopping your best player. Is he shopping Watt too?

He asked for a raise because he learned the coach been shopping him for a year and a half.

Why are you shopping your best player. Is he shopping Watt too?

so you’re telling me his ego took a hit b/c he found that out?

Yes, he learned his HC was shopping him ....so your response is to ask for a raise? That rationale doesn’t compute and it doesn’t make sense to do that....unless you wanted more money all along and/or you were trying to orchestrate your way out to begin with. Obviously We now know EXACTLY what he was trying to do with this article.

This is a business and greater players...hell greater WR’s have been shopped and traded/ released for the same or less. He got in his feelings...the same thing ya’ll say BoB does that prevents him from making good decisions....Nuk didthe same...so what does that make him then?

Back