Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hi Guys from a Ravens Fan

Not to be an arse, but that literally makes no sense to compare Stroud to the Taker 😆
Makes perfect sense if you’re a Texan fan. Dead man walking, the one who was counted out, the most feared although most won’t admit, a future multi champion, lmao good luck

Pshh, you can bleed Baltimore, etc etc, and you'll still get hurt in Baltimore by just stepping foot in that hellhole of a city. Murder Capitol of the World
OK, are there actual ravens in Maryland? I live in the Texas Hill Country where we have ravens, but no crows. I haven’t seen a crow since I moved from Houston years ago so I just assumed ravens are a western U.S. bird, not eastern. I get the Poe angle in Baltimore but that aside am I right?

I guess my point is while we're hailing Stroud as the next big thing, Packers fans are doing the exact same with Jordan Love. Both need to earn their stripes more to be considered the next great one.
Yeah, sophomore year and all - he and the Texans have a first schedule next season as well so it will be interesting to see how he goes.
He has shown plenty of growth this season so I imagine that trend will continue.

OK, are there actual ravens in Maryland? I live in the Texas Hill Country where we have ravens, but no crows. I haven’t seen a crow since I moved from Houston years ago so I just assumed ravens are a western U.S. bird, not eastern. I get the Poe angle in Baltimore but that aside am I right?

Lol no no... There aren't actual Ravens there. The name comes from Edgar Allan Poe, who is from Baltimore, and his famous poem, "The Raven". Our state bird is the oriole, hence why our baseball team is called Orioles

Lol no no... There aren't actual Ravens there. The name comes from Edgar Allan Poe, who is from Baltimore, and his famous poem, "The Raven". Our state bird is the oriole, hence why our baseball team is called Orioles
Yeah I knew there would be a EAPoe connection but that aside I didn’t know if ravens were indigenous to the east coast also. Thnx. I spent a stint in the Coast Guard awhile back and spent a summer in dry dock in Baltimore. I remember best the smell of the McCormick spices at the harbor and the “shot towers” in the city. We have shot towers in Texas but they contain tequila, not lead.

Yeah I knew there would be a EAPoe connection but that aside I didn’t know if ravens were indigenous to the east coast also. Thnx. I spent a stint in the Coast Guard awhile back and spent a summer in dry dock in Baltimore. I remember best the smell of the McCormick spices at the harbor and the “shot towers” in the city. We have shot towers in Texas but they contain tequila, not lead.

Nice! Thank you for your service

Deadman wasn't Deadman until he had several championships and a few WrestleManias under his belt lol

giphy.gif

we’re rewriting the script

At our stadium, I tell opposing team fans that if anyone gives them trouble they are really Cowboys' fans.
When we go to away games we can always instantly bond with locals with a "Cowboys Sucks" yell.

We went to the playoff game in Balitmore in 2011. We had a great time. There was a guy 7 or 8 rows behind us yelling at us. The people side told us, "Just ignore him, he's drunk. He's like that every game."

If you ever do make it down here. Let's us know. We'll help you decide what to do and see, where eat, etc.

I think most bird maps show possible sightings in Baltimore - certainly not abundant. Who knows how common they were in Poe's day, though....

View attachment 13477

I see crows every day in Houston. They hang around my birdfeeders and birdbath...
yeah when I used to live in the Woodlands the two most onerous birds I remember were the crows and blue jays. we have neither. We have ravens and scrub jays which have the blue jay color scheme but no crest. These ravens and scrub jays have monumental attitudes. Ravens croak, not caw. They are SMART too. I have a wildlife valuation on some of my property so I spend most of my time afield observing these incredible creatures. Edit. Good map. I’m in that purple area in Texas

At our stadium, I tell opposing team fans that if anyone gives them trouble they are really Cowboys' fans.
When we go to away games we can always instantly bond with locals with a "Cowboys Sucks" yell.

We went to the playoff game in Balitmore in 2011. We had a great time. There was a guy 7 or 8 rows behind us yelling at us. The people side told us, "Just ignore him, he's drunk. He's like that every game."

If you ever do make it down here. Let's us know. We'll help you decide what to do and see, where eat, etc.

I'll gladly let you know. I would love to get down that way

Per the NWS the early forecast is mid to upper 20’s but with lots of sunshine.if that holds…certainly cold, but with full sunshine and a dry field, I dont see weather being a major factor assuming that forecast is close.
Thanks I was just going to ask about the weather.

I think most bird maps show possible sightings in Baltimore - certainly not abundant. Who knows how common they were in Poe's day, though....

View attachment 13477

I see crows every day in Houston. They hang around my birdfeeders and birdbath...
On further observation of this map ravens have an odd distribution. Wonder what it is that they don’t seem to favor agricultural plains and major lowland river basins?

On further observation of this map ravens have an odd distribution. Wonder what it is that they don’t seem to favor agricultural plains and major lowland river basins?

Gosh, who knows. Keep in mind, that is the "year round" map. Not sure how migratory they are but sightings in blank areas may occur and just don't show on the map. They seem OK with cold except for the West Texas/Mexico thing.

Some species move around. Some species are dwindling. The maps change over time.

I throw bird seed out on my driveway and it attracts a number of species. For the last several years, black bellied whistling ducks have been showing up. First, it was just a few. Now, somedays I count 70-80. Depending on which bird map you look at, they aren't supposed to be here. My bird seed bill is ridiculous. They're not here right now but will show up in a couple of months. Right now, the blackbirds are coming through. They will be gone about the time the ducks show up. :)

I think Lamar will win it…I have to admit, when he was drafted, I didn’t expect him to be this good, but I was totally wrong.

My hope for the Texans is that they can get to the level of consistency that the Ravens have shown. You guys have a great coach, and they’re in the discussion year in and year out. If we play you guys on Saturday, I’m looking forward to a great game.

My hope.....Ryans assigns LB, Christian Harris as Lamar's personal shadow for the game. This might be right up Harris' alley since he can pop a 4.44-40. Put Stingley on Flowers and force the Ravens to find other offensive assets to beat the Texans defense.

My hope.....Ryans assigns LB, Christian Harris as Lamar's personal shadow for the game. This might be right up Harris' alley since he can pop a 4.44-40. Put Stingley on Flowers and force the Ravens to find other offensive assets to beat the Texans defense.
Harris has been great… especially lately, but he still whiffs a lot ala Pitre so I’m not so sure on an exclusive match up. I’d rather put Perryman on him. Perryman cannot cover so put him on stopping Lamar’s runs. Every time.

I think they double Flowers and put Stingley on OBJ. I see the Ravens running a lot of 12 personnel.

Agreed but he’s our run stopper. If we’re going to put anyone to spy LJ… it has to be with our run stopper. He will bark out orders to our secondary as to where LJ would be. That -has- to account for something.
They've got a good run game without Lamar. Probably need our run stopper plugging holes.

I guess my point is while we're hailing Stroud as the next big thing, Packers fans are doing the exact same with Jordan Love. Both need to earn their stripes more to be considered the next great one.
Lamar Jackson was considered "the next great one" in his first season as a full time starter. Same with Mahomes. You've either got it, or you don't. Stroud has it.

Agreed but he’s our run stopper. If we’re going to put anyone to spy LJ… it has to be with our run stopper. He will bark out orders to our secondary as to where LJ would be. That -has- to account for something.
I hope you're right, but I've got my doubts. Maybe I'm still in shock watching McKinney try to do what you're talking about Perryman trying to do and looking like a chicken running around with his head cut off.

Yesss... I've been following the Texans since their inception in the early 2000s. You guys had a dominant defense for a while there. I loved Demeco and always had him as an IDP in my fantasy football leagues. Also loved Andre. What did he did to that brat Finnegan was hilarious and much deserved

Still makes me laugh after all these years!!! Best AJ clip eveah.

Back