Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Head Coach Candidate (Lovie Smith Hired) 2/7/22

O'Connell has not had the experience of calling plays............Sean McVay has always called his own plays, and this would be a way to get from under McVay's shadow and prove himself as a playcaller. And BTW, O'Connell and Gannon are best friends.

Where is the friendship connection? I don’t see them sharing a school or being on the same team at any point.

The whole time Gannon is looking over his shoulder waiting for that tap by Easterby to come have a talk in his office, knowing he’s getting the axe so McClown can be installed.

The whole thing is a fustercluck, and it’s because of the owners ineptitude and loon personal ideology.

Question.
Was their any other NFL teams that interviewed McClown for ANY positions?
Was their a college who interviewed McClown for ANY positions?
Was their even a high school who interviewed McClown for ANY coaching positions?

Yes, this is ridiculously stupid.
Yes, the owners are idiots and need to sell the team.

I've been wanting the McNair's to sell since 2010 and I dont think you can win a championship with them owning the team because winning is way down the list of what's important to them.

With this said, I dont have a problem with McCown as QB coach or even OC. He knows modern day offenses and is said to work with QB's really well. Listen to Steve Smith's podcast.

Like I said , I dont want McCown as HC, he's way to green.

O'Connell has not had the experience of calling plays............Sean McVay has always called his own plays, and this would be a way to get from under McVay's shadow and prove himself as a playcaller. And BTW, O'Connell and Gannon are best friends.

This is what I was praying for .... I would think Gannon would concede the hammer to O'Connell .... ergo .... Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach, or .... Offensive Coordinator .... this makes sense to me !

Not sure who your source is but this makes little sense for multiple reasons. I am skeptical of this info. If it is true, this might be even worse than just hiring McCown as HC. And why the hell would KOC make a lateral move from a SB quality team with a high quality organization to this dumpster fire?
Money and the title of Head Coach.

damn-damn-damn-florida-evans.gif

Sounds like they wanted to hire him last year but he said he wasn’t ready
Still not ready to coach. But, now willing to be paid to coach.
Last year they wanted him to get his feet wet & start coaching. Not necessarily as HC.

This year may be the same after what CnnD posted.

Assuming it's the same with Hines Ward, wanting him to come in as part of the coaching staff, then that means they only interviewed Lombardi & Gannon for the position... again based on what CnnD posted

"Looks like the Texans are really gonna do it."

God am I sick of this smarmy attitude.

Is this because McCown is getting a big role without having a lower job? Is it because they think the Texans should be hiring their preferred guy? Is it because of some perceived favoritism (why wouldn't they have hired him last year then)? Do they just have some other fetish they're obsessed with that McCown doesn't fulfill? Are we supposed to be jerking off over Bienemy still?

The fans didn't want JJ at #12 either.

Almost want him hired to piss everyone off. If your guy is your guy then you get your guy. And I hope if we hire this guy that he shits in everyone's mouths and forces everyone to apologize when the time comes.

Fans and media have ruined sports. Insufferable humans. If only these losers were this skeptical of that worthless tyrant ***** O'Brien.

Last edited:
Okay, I’ll set the stage for Cal announcing McCown as the Texans new HC. Before Cal makes his way to the mic, the m/c will say, “now for something completely different”…..the camera swings to the left and there sits the naked piano player and he hits a few keys playfully and then the camera swings back to the podium as Cal is finally getting close and suddenly, someone que’s the “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” theme. It would be appropriate.

"Looks like the Texans are really gonna do it."

God am I sick of this smarmy attitude.

Is this because McCown is getting a big role without having a lower job? Is it because they think the Texans should be hiring their preferred guy? Is it because of some perceived favoritism (why wouldn't they have hired him last year then)? Do they just have some other fetish they're obsessed with that McCown doesn't fulfill? Are we supposed to be jerking off over Bienemy still?

The fans didn't want JJ at #12 either.

Almost want him hired to piss everyone off. If your guy is your guy then you get your guy. And I hope if we hire this guy that he shits in everyone's mouths and forces everyone to apologize when the time comes.

Fans and media have ruined sports. Insufferable humans. If only these losers were this skeptical of that worthless tyrant ***** O'Brien.
Bwhahaha dang it boy. You’re going all in. Man people wants to see a winning product out of their favorite team. They want them to go out and get the very best. Not no darn inexperienced first time coach. Not no freaking coach who only coached on the high school level. Get someone in here that can help turn this crap show around as quick as possible . They hire this dude you can best believe they’re going to lose some more of their fan base. And on financial side of things you want net a profit verses barely squeaking by.

Love me some Beth! I bet she’d look hawt with a headset on…. Just sayin

cant stand that b$&@th…couldn’t even finish watching the show because I found myself wanting to ring her neck.

As for the McCown hire….Corrosion said it…so I believe it now….I don’t know how I feel about it…I just know whomever they bring in to be the guy, I’ll be sitting front and center watching my guys.

Okay, I’ll set the stage for Cal announcing McCown as the Texans new HC. Before Cal makes his way to the mic, the m/c will say, “now for something completely different”…..the camera swings to the left and there sits the naked piano player and he hits a few keys playfully and then the camera swings back to the podium as Cal is finally getting close and suddenly, someone que’s the “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” theme. It would be appropriate.
Nah. It will be more like. "Let me introduce our new coach Luke McCown...wait. You're not Luke? Well damnit. I would like to intoduce...introduce... what is your first name again? Ahhh screw it. I paused my video game for this?"

Okay, I’ll set the stage for Cal announcing McCown as the Texans new HC. Before Cal makes his way to the mic...
I can't see Cal at the mic. We see Cal on a screen, in shadows. He's shaved his head and face. Think Brando in Apocalypse Now. Then, Cal murmurs...

"I’ve seen horrors, horrors that you’ve never seen. Batteries running down in your controller during a pitched battle in Call of Duty. But you have no right to call me a Tommy Boy. You have a right to mock me in front of my wife. You have a right to do that. But you have no right to call me Game Boy. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face. And that face looks like Jack Easterby. And you must make a friend of Jack. Jack is your friend. If he is not then he is an enemy to be feared."

19.jpg

Last edited:
Outlandish. Fans should get down on their hands and knees, thankful the NFL allows them to buy $120 tickets, $50 parking, $20 chicken tenders, and $12 beers.. The nerve to question an actual NFL franchise. Ungrateful bastards.

Tickets and “the experience” has been too expensive and overrated for decades…truthfully well before the Texans were even in existence. Don’t blame the McNairs or any other owner b/c too many “fans” can’t resist getting hammered out in public at an NFL game instead of at home.

Tickets and “the experience” has been too expensive and overrated for decades…truthfully well before the Texans were even in existence. Don’t blame the McNairs or any other owner b/c too many “fans” can’t resist getting hammered out in public at an NFL game instead of at home.
Wow. I've seen shiite made up from thin air. But this is classic.

Bwhahaha dang it boy. You’re going all in. Man people wants to see a winning product out of their favorite team. They want them to go out and get the very best. Not no darn inexperienced first time coach. Not no freaking coach who only coached on the high school level. Get someone in here that can help turn this crap show around as quick as possible . They hire this dude you can best believe they’re going to lose some more of their fan base. And on financial side of things you want net a profit verses barely squeaking by.

Ehh, this is faulty logic. A, Noone really knows who “the very best” is; It’s speculative much like the draft. You don’t know what you have until you try it. B, which is perhaps the most important tenet of all. Owners know, if you win, all of the crying and bellyaching by fans goes away rather quickly.

Wow. I've seen shiite made up from thin air. But this is classic.

yeah, most of that **** made up from thin air typically flows from your username. I’m as big a fan as there is, I don’t spend **** to support them. McNair ain’t forcing you to spend your money on Texans tickets….deal with it buddy.

The experienced coach can suck just as much dong. Look at Mike McCarthy. Look at Jeff Fisher. Look at John Fox. Tons of examples.

Nobody knows. It's like draft picks.

Hell, Culley was maligned and he actually put together a decent year even with absolutely nothing to work with.

Ehh, this is faulty logic. A, Noone really knows who “the very best” is; It’s speculative much like the draft. You don’t know what you have until you try it. B, which is perhaps the most important tenet of all. Owners know, if you win, all of the crying and bellyaching by fans goes away…literally instantly.

So, maybe Cal should try to win then instead of building a f'king monastery.

Florio’s gonna be Florio…I’m kind ma in the camp with you tho for the same reasons only my ire is directed more towards some of the fans in this regard.

Reactions: JB
Florio’s gonna be Florio…I’m kind ma in the camp with you tho for the same reasons only my ire is directed more towards some of the fans in this regard.

What have the Texans done recently (some will argue EVER) to gain any trust from the fans? I'm just waiting for them to sh!t the bed again. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt. They don't deserve it. I will still root for them, but I'm not going to give them my money and I will laugh when they fall on their face again, not be sad and hope for better.

I’ve always called him McClown and will continue to.
And your grasping desperately.
He has no business in any capacity as a HC and it’s a laughably bad take.
Not reaching, just stating facts. I did not say I wanted him as a head coach, just correcting you on bad players are generally better coaches (with experience), and I think his resume as a human/player does not justify calling him a clown. Cal is the clown. You do you, this is a message board so every take is valid, but think he would be a good coach with experience, which he should get before being the head coach
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Cal is a clown too.
Ship of fools….

I can't see Cal at the mic. We see Cal on a screen, in shadows. He's shaved his head and face. Think Brando in Apocalypse Now. Then, Cal murmurs...

"I’ve seen horrors, horrors that you’ve never seen. Batteries running down in your controller during a pitched battle in Call of Duty. But you have no right to call me a Tommy Boy. You have a right to mock me in front of my wife. You have a right to do that. But you have no right to call me Game Boy. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face. And that face looks like Jack Easterby. And you must make a friend of Jack. Jack is your friend. If he is not then he is an enemy to be feared."

19.jpg

Ehh, this is faulty logic. A, Noone really knows who “the very best” is; It’s speculative much like the draft. You don’t know what you have until you try it. B, which is perhaps the most important tenet of all. Owners know, if you win, all of the crying and bellyaching by fans goes away rather quickly.
You don’t go and get an inexperienced coach to attempt to fix this bull crap they have going on now. And it is ok to disagree but to say it’s faulty logic is flat out wrong brother.

What the Texans got going on is unheard of. A lot of the fan base has bounced because of the Watson situation. Quite of few Players who played here ( big names) have said some pretty nasty stuff about this organization. Therefore, bringing in a veteran experienced coach imo should be the direction to go in.

my ire is directed more towards some of the fans

Setting: Meeting room at NRG

Cal McNair: I've called this meeting to discuss our biggest problem: Fans.
Coach Culley: I hear ya, Kyle. I lost my job because of fans.
Cal: Coach, why are you still here?
Culley: I just love hanging around you guys.
Nick Casario: Mr. McNair, I have a team of analysts working around the clock on this issue.
Culley: Is that a digital clock? I like the old timey ones with the big hand and the little hand.
Nick: We've dropped our draft evaluations and are only concentrating on this problem. Here are some preliminary charts...
Jack Easterby: Cal, baby. I've got this under control.
Cal: Jack, I thought you were praying with Josh McCown?
Jack: He's still crying in the team chapel. Still not sure if they're tears of joy or regret.
Cal: OK, but what about the fans?
Jack: We get rid of them, my fair McNair. We still have the cardboard cut-outs from 2020. Joel Osteen, Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker. And the kids from 7th Heaven. We trashed the pedophile preacher, so don't worry.
Cal: And the concessions?
Jack: Since I'm in charge of everything including concessions and logistics, I purchased 100 food trucks and strategically placed the around town. For every $15 tasteless hamburger purchased, we give a free Deshaun Watson jersey.
Cal, Culley, & Nick: Brilliant!!!
Cal: Meeting adjourned. Who wants to play some Call of Duty?
Culley: He said doody.

So, MIN just interviewed Jim Harbaugh…….
Jim Harbaugh is available for interviews for a HC position.
Josh McClown has had 2 interviews with HOU…..

FFS, this F’ing team….
What a giant, embarrassing fustercluck.
I wouldn’t interview Harbaugh. I’m sure he’s a great coach & all, but I don’t think I could work with him

And brother you said logic! I’m mean seriously you can’t put logic and the Texans in the same atmosphere right now. When have the Texans done anything remotely close to logical? If anything that’s what we alll should be Ehh’ing to. How many coaches and GMS are they paying again? These boys are getting taken to the woodshed consistently and we’re talking about logic.

Man it’s some stuff I want to post in here and both Doc and Corrosion can attest to it. But I’m not going to post it because it was told in confidence.

You don’t go and get an inexperienced coach to attempt to fix this bull crap they have going on now. And it is ok to disagree but to say it’s faulty logic is flat out wrong brother.

What the Texans got going on is unheard of. A lot of the fan base has bounced because of the Watson situation. Quite of few Players who played here ( big names) have said some pretty nasty stuff about this organization. Therefore, bringing in a veteran experienced coach imo should be the direction to go in.
What this team needs is a huge dose of CREDIBILITY...and a wonderful way to acheive that is to bring in a credible HC with a winning character and history or an up and coming whipper-snapper that's been successful at every level of his ascend in the coaching ranks. This franchise needs to get it's fans excited about this team and the direction it's going in, and when it starts doing that we will have players and coaches lining up to become part of this team.

Hiring a 2nd rate ex-QB with no coaching experience whatsoever!....is not the way to go about doing that.

The experienced coach can suck just as much dong. Look at Mike McCarthy. Look at Jeff Fisher. Look at John Fox. Tons of examples.

Nobody knows. It's like draft picks.

Hell, Culley was maligned and he actually put together a decent year even with absolutely nothing to work with.
The only reason why they’re entertaining this inexperienced none qualified candidate, is because Nick wants full control. Nick wants to coach from the booth. They haven’t hired anyone yet because they’re looking for someone who would buy into that nonsense. Some crap no other team has done.

You’re right veteran coaches have failed too. My thing is I wouldn’t want an inexperienced coach coming into this type of situation. At least a very experienced coach probably do a better job at delivering his message. You brought up Culley winning four games. Giving him props , well deserved night add, but to my point at least he’s been around the game as some type of a coach. One of the problem was Nick all up in his ear telling him what to do. Who tells their coach to let the opposing team score? Knowing darn well you’re struggling offensively. Knowing darn well you can’t run the ball. Offensive line is very suspect. And you the GM on the headset telling them to let them score.

Where’s the logic in that? Someone please explain that to me.

What this team needs is a huge dose of CREDIBILITY...and a wonderful way to acheive that is to bring in a credible HC with a winning character and history or an up and coming whipper-snapper that's been successful at every level of his ascend in the coaching ranks. This franchise needs to get it's fans excited about this team and the direction it's going in, and when it starts doing that we will have players and coaches lining up to become part of this team.

Hiring a 2nd rate ex-QB with no coaching experience whatsoever!....is not the way to go about doing that.
Wildroot exactly.

You’re playing odds…that’s all you’re doing. And the fact is that the odds of an “experienced” coach aren’t much better if any at all than they are for an inexperienced one.

furthermore if that fan base is bouncing…they likely weren’t really fans… just folks happy to be part of the ambiance of barbecue, beer and football…..which truthfully you can enjoy at any NFL stadium on Sundays…That’s not being a fan of the team itself.

keep in mind we have no idea what they are thinking.

someone said they are looking at McCown as HC (maybe because they interviewed him for HC). Then they let their imaginations go wild.

McClain said they offered him a coaching position last season, not the HC position.

They had McCown in for a 2nd interview & did not make him the HC, even though three other new HCs were announced.

Then they announce they are interviewing another guy for a 2nd time.

Chances are they are not trying to make McCown the HC.

Back