Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Head Coach Candidate (Lovie Smith Hired) 2/7/22

Look at the Rockets as an example. Young inexperienced coach, young team, new GM and they look like pure dumpster juice. Coach Silas is struggling to deliver his message/game plan. They also need a experienced HC.

cant stand that b$&@th…couldn’t even finish watching the show because I found myself wanting to ring her neck.

As for the McCown hire….Corrosion said it…so I believe it now….I don’t know how I feel about it…I just know whomever they bring in to be the guy, I’ll be sitting front and center watching my guys.
You need to man up Tex!! Beth is the best. Guarantee she ain’t gonna open the first drive with a 1 yard gain up the middle! :kitten:

What this team needs is a huge dose of CREDIBILITY...and a wonderful way to acheive that is to bring in a credible HC with a winning character and history or an up and coming whipper-snapper that's
Hiring a 2nd rate ex-QB with no coaching experience whatsoever!....is not the way to go about doing that.

All of this…all of it is according to you and other Joe Schmoes sitting at home or on the outside watching…..Saying what should be done….without an ounce………a shred of credibility yourself to say yay or nay.

Aside from all of this….the team is already 1 of the worst in the league, fans didn’t show up last year…The media is having an absolute FIELD DAY with fans like you calling…..they are already at rock bottom. So from their perspective there is 0 to lose at this point…

Reactions: JB
Look at the Rockets as an example. Young inexperienced coach, young team, new GM and they look like pure dumpster juice. Coach Silas is struggling to deliver his message/game plan. They also need a experienced HC.

Yet the Rockets have earned enough of my trust to give them time to figure this out. Right now they don't have the pieces to compete. A couple drafts more, some FA's, then we'll see. The Texans have burned through whatever benefit of the doubt I gave them long ago.

Unfortunately it’s not. It shouldn’t take a Rocket scientist to figure that crap out.
It is still possibly a charade. Make everyone look one way, make everyone think they are conducting a real search, make it look like McDaniels is considering another team, then badda bing, badda boom, McDaniels is the HC of the Houston Texans like they planned all along

The Rockets are dumpster juice………& they did exactly what fans wanted them to do… tanked for a high draft pick, sold off/traded most of their valuable assets….a complete tear down. Had they hired an experienced HC, that likely wasn’t gonna help them be anything but what they currently are under Silas.

The Rockets are dumpster juice………& they did exactly what fans wanted them to do… tanked for a high draft pick, sold off/traded most of their valuable assets….a complete tear down. Had they hired an experienced HC, that likely wasn’t gonna help them be anything but what they currently are under Silas.
The Rockets did not tank. Lol they were just bad. They had players who couldn’t play back to back games . And they have two of them power struggling over who team it was. Mind you both players were on that game management crap too. They were able to get all those draft picks because Harden quit on them.

6b9l5zE.png
“You buy a hat like this, I bet you get a free bowl of soup.”
“Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!”
“Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.”

A bomb of a movie but an instant cult classic that has reaped the rewards. The making of documentary is worth a watch.

The Rockets did not tank. Lol they were just bad. They had players who couldn’t play back to back games . And they have two of them power struggling over who team it was. Mind you both players were on that game management crap too. They were able to get all those draft picks because Harden quit on them.

Regardless, an experienced HC wasn’t gonna make a huge difference for them.

We as fans tend to look at these pro teams with the same type of eye we look at high school teams..it’s kinda how citizens tend to apply their household budget rules and tactics to the US budget…IOW’s, whatever it is we’re trying to apply our limited understanding to, it’s usually slightly more involved and complicated than what we know or want to believe.

That’s why I never presume to know or understand what these teams know. They have all the information, we on the outside don’t. But what you can be sure of is that 9 out of 10 times there’s ALWAYS more to the story than what is put out there. All we can do is hope that it works out to our advantage.

her Character is so unlikeable…reminds me of Cersei from GoT.
Can't stand her either. Not a lot of that show is based in reality, but her character is the worst.
Cersei was an ugly incest happening mofo…
Beth is a mean ***** but her family is the main thing. Put a headset on her and she will do what is necessary to avoid the 1 yard gain up the middle when 3 yards is needed.

Was just given this info: Caserio has been trying to broker a package deal for Gannon as HC and McCown or Kevin O'Connell as OC. Maybe AHC titles, too.

Not sure it'll work. Not sure how Gannon works with Lovie (who Cal wants to keep)... very different mindsets.

Statistically, the Eagles had a solid defense in 2021. It was Gannon’s first year making the defensive calls at any level. They were sixth in yards per carry (4.0), eighth in yards per play (5.2), ninth in rush defense (107.9), and 10th in yards (328.8). However, they were also 17th in EPA per play (0.01), 18th in points (22.6), 23rd in third downs (42.9%), and 29th in red-zone defense (66.7%).

Talent deficiencies at safety and linebacker dragged those numbers down. Personnel forced Gannon to simplify his scheme, playing more of a basic Cover-2 shell. That put a strain on Philadelphia’s pass rush. When the Eagles’ defensive front couldn’t get to the quarterback, their back end was exposed.

You’re playing odds…that’s all you’re doing. And the fact is that the odds of an “experienced” coach aren’t much better if any at all than they are for an inexperienced one.

furthermore if that fan base is bouncing…they likely weren’t really fans… just folks happy to be part of the ambiance of barbecue, beer and football…..which truthfully you can enjoy at any NFL stadium on Sundays…That’s not being a fan of the team itself.

There are alot of these kinds of fans out there.

Truth is it doesn't matter who the next HC is as long as he wins. Winning cures all. Right now because the team isn't winning and is in the middle of a rebuild it's easy for the media to pile on. Why are they piling on? Because of Rootes/Palcic (Never mind that there were sexual harassment lawsuits against FO employees) and the fact that since Caserio entered the doors down on Kirby, he's cut off the leaks to the media. Their jobs have become more difficult and in response their vindictive nature has been to tell the fans what terrible people run the Texans and convince them that these people are a bunch of racist Jesus/Control freaks.

Alot of this also has to do with the media being all over Derrick's nuts and then it comes out that he's atleast a sexual predator if not a sexual assaulter. They got even more egg on their face after taking Derrick's side and are doing this to try to cover their tracks for being so wrong.

There are alot of these kinds of fans out there.

Truth is it doesn't matter who the next HC is as long as he wins. Winning cures all. Right now because the team isn't winning and is in the middle of a rebuild it's easy for the media to pile on. Why are they piling on? Because of Rootes/Palcic (Never mind that there were sexual harassment lawsuits against FO employees) and the fact that since Caserio entered the doors down on Kirby, he's cut off the leaks to the media. Their jobs have become more difficult and in response their vindictive nature has been to tell the fans what terrible people run the Texans and convince them that these people are a bunch of racist Jesus/Control freaks.

Alot of this also has to do with the media being all over Derrick's nuts and then it comes out that he's atleast a sexual predator if not a sexual assaulter. They got even more egg on their face after taking Derrick's side and are doing this to try to cover their tracks for being so wrong.

Correct. Media doesn’t give Pats disciples a long leash either before they are put on the hot seat for the “Patriot Way” not working at their new team.

Just hire him already and get it over with. No need to drag this crap out for weeks just to turn around and hire the guy you wanted all along.

No doubt but you at least want to see them going in the right direction.

I have been thinking about this too.

They need to concentrate on hitting on the draft. The whole roster needs an overhaul.

Even when if Mills ascends to a high level Tannehill, Schaub, or Cousins level the team around him will have to be at a higher level. A defensively strong team like the Broncos, Bucs or Ravens had.

That will take time to build. I think we will see another change in coaching or GM at least.

All of the talent on this team left. Anything left is too old.

The experienced coach can suck just as much dong. Look at Mike McCarthy. Look at Jeff Fisher. Look at John Fox. Tons of examples.

Nobody knows. It's like draft picks.

OK, now start naming all the successful coaches who started with ZERO coaching experience and went straight to head coach. I'll hang up and listen.

Hell, Culley was maligned and he actually put together a decent year even with absolutely nothing to work with.
If 4-13 and 3rd worst record in the league is a decent year, I'd hate to see a bad year.

OK, now start naming all the successful coaches who started with ZERO coaching experience and went straight to head coach. I'll hang up and listen.

If 4-13 and 3rd worst record in the league is a decent year, I'd hate to see a bad year.

Yeah who knows. But I'm not the one claiming that the no experience is prohibitive to success.

As for your second question, I'd rather watch the 2021 team than any of those soulless garbage paper champion O'Brien teams. Illegitimate, heartless losers. The 2021 team had significantly less talent than any of those teams and got blown out in 5 of 17 games and strangely had a decent shot at many of those 12. For a team that had literally jack **** with team expected to be historically bad with a supposed clown show empty suit lame duck coach, and end up with some potential hope of a competent quarterback going forward, yeah I'd consider that a "decent year." Not sure what you were expecting. I thought the team was going to be better even with a worse record and I'm on record saying it. Go look if you want.

Outlandish. Fans should get down on their hands and knees, thankful the NFL allows them to buy $120 tickets, $50 parking, $20 chicken tenders, and $12 beers.. The nerve to question an actual NFL franchise. Ungrateful bastards.
Hannah (McNair) is that you?!

cant stand that b$&@th…couldn’t even finish watching the show because I found myself wanting to ring her neck.

As for the McCown hire….Corrosion said it…so I believe it now….I don’t know how I feel about it…I just know whomever they bring in to be the guy, I’ll be sitting front and center watching my guys.

I base that off of what I heard last year - and the 2nd interview.

I could be wrong .....

You serious?

Very, Kubiak could get his dad to help him get some asst coaches. But he hasn't been around very long

Meanwhile after playing for 20 years and 12 teams you can bet McCown has made alot of contacts.

I will say this again for clarity, I don't want McCown as HC.

You know….Texans may be trying to get McCown another interview to justify hiring him. Need that second team singing his interview praises before they make an offer.

If McCown truly wants to cut his HC coaching teeth at the NFL level…..Caserio should offer him a 3 year deal at 750K annually with bonus structures. If McCown succeeds…..he’ll have a payday staring him in the face come year 4.

You know….Texans may be trying to get McCown another interview to justify hiring him. Need that second team singing his interview praises before they make an offer.

If McCown truly wants to cut his HC coaching teeth at the NFL level…..Caserio should offer him a 3 year deal at 750K annually with bonus structures. If McCown succeeds…..he’ll have a payday staring him in the face come year 4.

I'm scared about him being the HC but who knows? It might work out for us

Yeah who knows. But I'm not the one claiming that the no experience is prohibitive to success.

As for your second question, I'd rather watch the 2021 team than any of those soulless garbage paper champion O'Brien teams. Illegitimate, heartless losers. The 2021 team had significantly less talent than any of those teams and got blown out in 5 of 17 games and strangely had a decent shot at many of those 12. For a team that had literally jack **** with team expected to be historically bad with a supposed clown show empty suit lame duck coach, and end up with some potential hope of a competent quarterback going forward, yeah I'd consider that a "decent year." Not sure what you were expecting. I thought the team was going to be better even with a worse record and I'm on record saying it. Go look if you want.
Yes I don’t believe a part time high school receivers coach would be successful head coach in the NFL. Especially on this team that’s trying to rebuild. Yes I’m getting tired of this team bringing in unqualified people to run this team. Yes I’m getting tired of all the back stabbing that’s going on with this organization. Get some experienced qualified folks in here and let’s point this ship in the right direction.

And wow you would rather watch last year’s team versus a division winner. I’m no O’Brien fan either but man that’s just ludicrous. Now they’re can see and understand why you rather them higher an very inexperienced joker for a head coach.

No way anyone would take that kind of head coaching gig in the NFL. Lol

I hope IF McCown is hired, I hope these &ussy Sports writers we have in this town will nut-up and ask the tough questions at the HC introduction, as in "was this the best you could do?", was hiring McCown a better choice than hiring Flores, Bieniemy, Gannon, McDaniels, Mayo, Peterson and Caldwell? Does McCown have more experience and knowledge than these others?

No way anyone would take that kind of head coaching gig in the NFL. Lol
With absolutely no EXPERIENCE...I would think someone with no experience would take a "prove it" or "show me what you got" contract! Surely he wouldn't/shouldn't expect to be compensated like Belichick, Reid or Payton! Especially since he was offered a job last year to "learn" at a high level and he turned it down. That's what really bugs me about this guy!

With absolutely no EXPERIENCE...I would think someone with no experience would take a "prove it" or "show me what you got" contract! Surely he wouldn't/shouldn't expect to be compensated like Belichick, Reid or Payton! Especially since he was offered a job last year to "learn" at a high level and he turned it down. That's what really bugs me about this guy!
I’m just saying not for that amount a year. Maybe 2 million a year but not 750K a year.

Very, Kubiak could get his dad to help him get some asst coaches. But he hasn't been around very long

Meanwhile after playing for 20 years and 12 teams you can bet McCown has made alot of contacts.

I will say this again for clarity, I don't want McCown as HC.
Gary Kubiak played for Mike Shanahan and has been involved with the NFL twice as long as Josh McCown. McCown was only 4 years old when Gary Kubiak was drafted by the Broncos. I would say that Klint Kubiak is as connected to the NFL as Kyle Shanahan. In addition, Klint has been an actual college and NFL coach for over a decade. So, Klint is veteran of the learned NFL coaching fraternity. BTW - Klint was baptized in the offense that McCown likes best.

Last edited:
I hope IF McCown is hired, I hope these &ussy Sports writers we have in this town will nut-up and ask the tough questions at the HC introduction, as in "was this the best you could do?", was hiring McCown a better choice than hiring Flores, Bieniemy, Gannon, McDaniels, Mayo, Peterson and Caldwell? Does McCown have more experience and knowledge than these others?
I would bet that McCown's agent will demand a payday that is commensurate with other first time NFL HCs, see David McCulley contract. If the Texans nickel and dime their new head coach's contract, this will only exacerbate the dumpster fire reputation that already permeates throughout the halls of NRG and all things associated with the franchise.

While the hiring of McCown would be silly at best, it may be a result of, this is the best they can do. This seems to be a recent Texans pattern of hiring head coaches. After watching several McCown interviews it is eerie how the speech mannerisms are similar to Caserio and Easterby. Something you might find at a church retreat.

In a different way, I almost welcome a Josh McCown hiring as HC of the Texans. I see it as the quickest way to flush all of the ineptitude that currently resides in NRG and the Kirby Boardroom. All of it gone before the start of the 2024 season. This horrible nightmare might be over, from the owners to the GM to the VP of Football Operations. McCown may be our best hope to finally eviscerate this chronic FUBAR and SNAFU operation.

Last edited:
While I want no part of McCown as the next HC, I think I know what might be happening here. Caserio may think it’s going to take 3-4 more years to rebuild, so why not roll the dice on a young guy at the same time?

Best case scenario, Nick builds a contender and McCown ends up being a good HC that can stay long term. A win!

A less good scenario, Nick builds a contender but McCown needs to be replaced cause he ends up holding the team back.

Worst case, (for them) McCown sucks and Caserio doesn’t get the right players or coaches and everyone is canned.

Last edited:
While I want no part of McCown as the next HC, I think I know what might be happening here. Caserio may think it’s going to take 3-4 more years to rebuild, so why not roll the dice on a young guy at the same time?

Best case scenario, Nick builds a contender and McCown ends up being a good HC that can stay long term. A win!

A less good scenario, Nick builds a contender but McCown needs to be replaced cause he ends up holding

Worst case, (for them) McCown sucks and Caserio doesn’t get the right players or coaches and everyone is canned.

Then why don’t they get someone with experience who’s been through the grind of being a coach instead of someone who’s never gone through that grind and giving him the top coaching job there is?

Caserio really needs to cut the bullshit and quit trying to be the smartest man in the room. He’s got a shit ton on his plate already. Why the hell is he playing around with this head coach bullshit? Starting his 2nd year and already on his 2nd head coach, and the roster is still shit.

Back