Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

HC possibilities - Cowher is the current flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fire Kubiak bandwagon, and I hope we have a shot at a guy like Cowher, I just have this sneaky feeling he's using us as a way to a better paycheck.

He'll gladly pay Cowher 10 mill a season if enough PSL holders write him saying they will give up their seats if Cowher doesn't come to Houston.

Not to be an ass, but if those people dropped their PSL's I would swoop in on it. Im not saying he doesnt have the money, but it comes down to if McNair wants to pull the trigger.

All I know is whoever it is, it needs to be a proven guy.

Not some hotshot DC or OC....You think Andre would be happy about that? Happy about having another experimental HC?

Seriously? You miss how pathetic the 49ers were under Mike Nolan's tenure?

He had awful personnel. The Texans personnel is a tremendous upgrade to what he had when he was there. He deserves a look considering how he's morphed Denver's defense from awful to a top 10 unit this year.

Proven guys out there are Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren.

I'm not sold on Holmgren.

I'm not feeling real good about bringing in Shanahan - little else from Denver has worked here.

I'm just praying that a) McNair fires Kubes (hate to say that but something's gotta give) and b) that Cowher isn't just using a feigned interest in Houston as a way to drive up his price.

*sigh*

THIS SUCKS.

Proven guys out there are Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren.

I'm not sold on Holmgren.

I'm not feeling real good about bringing in Shanahan - little else from Denver has worked here.

I'm just praying that a) McNair fires Kubes (hate to say that but something's gotta give) and b) that Cowher isn't just using a feigned interest in Houston as a way to drive up his price.

*sigh*

THIS SUCKS.

There is talk brewing in Seattle that Ruskell is going to be gone and Holmgren is going to be in a Parcells role.

There is talking brewing in Seattle that Ruskell is going to be gone and Holmgren is going to be in a Parcells role.

Heard that.

And that's fine. I never saw the Walrus get a team fired up like a Schottenheimer or Cowher.

And I feel very strongly that we need someone with some fire in the HC role.

How long was cowher in pitt before he won that superbowl? How long was tomlin in pitt before he won that superbowl? Cowher wants to be gm also. Does he know how to draft or did it take him a long time to win with someone elses players? How long has tomlin been a coach and how many rings does have to cowher. Cowher is fools gold. They beat seattle in the worst officiated superbowl of all time. You guys need to wait till tomorrow to post

Bill Cowher has a losing record against the Titans and Jaguars.

11-12 vs Tacks
8-10 against the Jags

Something to think about while riding his chin.

I'd sure like to have won nearly half our games against the Tacks over the years. I'd also love to see Cowher coaching the Texans against Manning and the Indianapolis Referees.

So what are the odds Rick Smith stays on. I think he has done a good job, but I wonder if he can find the talent a Non-Broncos scheme warrants. Also I wonder if he goes where Shan 1&2, and Kubiak go.

I think that although many fans don't see a top notch coach coming here I think that the huge amount of talent on this team would be a huge draw for any coach with a decent resume. This team is one draft away from having elite talent if we can keep the core and resign them.

How long was cowher in pitt before he won that superbowl? How long was tomlin in pitt before he won that superbowl? Cowher wants to be gm also. Does he know how to draft or did it take him a long time to win with someone elses players? How long has tomlin been a coach and how many rings does have to cowher. Cowher is fools gold. They beat seattle in the worst officiated superbowl of all time. You guys need to wait till tomorrow to post

How long was Cowher in Pitt before they were making the playoffs year in and year out? That's the goal here...Superbowls aren't even on the radar yet for the Texans. We need to get invited to the dance first and foremost.

How long was Cowher in Pitt before they were making the playoffs year in and year out? That's the goal here...Superbowls aren't even on the radar yet for the Texans. We need to get invited to the dance first and foremost.

They made the playoffs his first 6 years, '92-'97, and 10 out of his 15 years total.

That's something else to consider. He's made the playoffs just 4 of his last 9 seasons.

So if kubiak could win a superbowl in 2 years you would sell that out for cowher making the playoffs for how many years without winning a superbowl? Love your comments joker but cowher isn't the answer. We are all mad but we'd have to take 2 steps back before moving forward with cowher. How long you give cowher before you fire him?

Give me Schottenheimer. He has proven he can take multiple franchises with no direction to the playoffs.

Cowher is the first name that comes to mind but I wouldn't mind Marty-ball either. Anybody who is a proven winner that gets his team to the playoffs. I cant even consider the Texans performance in the playoffs because I was a child when the Oilers were playing playoff games (and squandering 35-3 leads...).

So if kubiak could win a superbowl in 2 years you would sell that out for cowher making the playoffs for how many years without winning a superbowl? Love your comments joker but cowher isn't the answer. We are all mad but we'd have to take 2 steps back before moving forward with cowher. How long you give cowher before you fire him?

Its not so easy for me to claim that an HC who hasn't ever made the playoff or had a winning record would be more likely to win a Superbowl than a coach who has actually won a ring and been to the playoffs multiple times.

The first step to winning Superbowls is making the playoffs. I think Cowher gives us a beter chance of completing the most crucial step than Kubiak.

Its not so easy for me to claim that an HC who hasn't ever made the playoff or had a winning record would be more likely to win a Superbowl than a coach who has actually won a ring and been to the playoffs multiple times.

The first step to winning Superbowls is making the playoffs. I think Cowher gives us a beter chance of completing the most crucial step than Kubiak.

You still haven't answered my question. How long was cowher a steeler coach before he won one and how long was tomlin a steeler coach before he won one? Why not throw money at tomlin if you want instant returns??? O wait all you want is playoffs. Not rings. Selling your team short are you?

You still haven't answered my question. How long was cowher a steeler coach before he won one and how long was tomlin a steeler coach before he won one? Why not throw money at tomlin if you want instant returns??? O wait all you want is playoffs. Not rings. Selling your team short are you?

Your whole argument is based on some ridiculous assumption that Kubiak will win a SB in the next two years. I also have no idea how making the playoffs is selling this team short. Have you been watching the Texans from year one? This just in, we haven't made the playoffs once. The SB, don't make me laugh.

Your whole argument is based on some ridiculous assumption that Kubiak will win a SB in the next two years. I also have no idea how making the playoffs is selling this team short. Have you been watching the Texans from year one? This just in, we haven't made the playoffs once. The SB, don't make me laugh.
No, my arguement is against cowher being the answer. People are calling for marty ball, why was he fired? How has the most talented team in football done without him?
By the way would you want tomlin or cowher based on track record?

No, my arguement is against cowher being the answer. People are calling for marty ball, why was he fired? How has the most talented team in football done without him?

I just want anyone other than what we have.... you can do the hiring, I'll cheer for your team :)

I guess I missed the part where Tomlin doesn't have a job. Hey, why don't we just get Belicheck as a coordinator while we're at it. The only way you are going to get Tomlin as a HC is if you decide to become a Steelers fan so I have no idea why he is even in the conversation.

I don't understand your argument here. Both Cowher and Tomlin are good coaches, but Tomlin stepped into a coaches dream in taking over a team that had just recently won the Super Bowl, had all the core elements to go back, and had no upheaval at all. Tomlin's situation is entirely different from that of say Tampa, Seattle, etc. because these teams absolutely fell off of the radar and had very little talent left when the new coach arrived.

Tomlin was in a unique situation where his coaching style meshed perfectly with the team's personnel, and that personnel was already among the elites in the league. All Tomlin had to do was continue to place talent on the team, rather than build it from scratch.

It's easily arguable (though I'm not making that argument) that Tomlin won with Cowher's players. Look at where Raheem Morris is right now. He's looking to be a great coach, but are those the guys he personally hand-picked to play on that Colts team? Hardly. Let's wait until these teams are filled with nothing but the new coaches players before we compare the coaches records with those teams.

I guess I missed the part where Tomlin doesn't have a job. Hey, why don't we just get Belicheck as a coordinator while we're at it. The only way you are going to get Tomlin as a HC is if you decide to become a Steelers fan so I have no idea why he is even in the conversation.
Amount of money cowher wants plus power might be enticing to tomlin? Why not shoot for the moon? Try jimmy johnson? Maybe parcells wants to stick it to jerry? Anyone other then to good to be true cowher.

Until this team makes the playoffs there's no point even talking about Superbowls.

Once again...Cowher gives us a better chance of completing the most important step (get the team to the playoffs) than Kubiak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back