Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday thread: Houston Texans@ Tennessee Titans.

Wah, he had to learn a new position...he's neither the first nor the last player that will be happening to. He's finally grown up and started playing like he was expected to do originally. Shame his teammate VY can't do the same. I guess he'll have to go somewhere else to get HIS "fair shot" too?

So, what are you guys' reasons that he didn't make a dent at his other 3 interim stops? :cricket:

Only played in 4 games with Seattle, 2 sacks in 4 starts with KC, 2.5 sacks as a backup for 12 games in Philly where the staff were rumored to like him. Now he's in Ten and tearing it up.

I would happily have kept him over Anthony Weaver.

I'm not a Schaub hater but I think he has a few limitations that our coaches seemingly refuse to try and scheme around. That confuses me because with very few exceptions QB's around the league all operate with limitations. I think you can win with him but we don't put him consistently in a position to succeed. That's what I think.

Man I think this goes for most of the team. It's like we don't play to our strengths or attack the other teams weaknesses. Even last week Kubes said he put Schaub in a tough spot.

Would that be the same Defense that has trouble scoring in the first half? The same Defense that can't protect Schaub?

This is a full team effort at suck.

No, you're right that the team as a whole has failed during this game but overall in the season, its our defense that has hampered our chances of making it to the playoffs.

As for the offensive line, WTF happened today? The tackles are getting schooled and Duane Brown looks like he's holding on for dear life to prevent the end from getting to Schaub!

Nah I personally don't care, go for the ball and worry about the penalties later. If you don't get it game is over anyways.

At least we have AJ against Innegan in our favor. Frankly, I would try a couple of streak routes and see what happens.

Wah, he had to learn a new position...he's neither the first nor the last player that will be happening to. He's finally grown up and started playing like he was expected to do originally. Shame his teammate VY can't do the same. I guess he'll have to go somewhere else to get HIS "fair shot" too?

So, what are you guys' reasons that he didn't make a dent at his other 3 interim stops? :cricket:

Ok, first and foremost Jason Babin didn't draft himself in the first round. The Texans decided he was a first round pick because Capers and Fangio thought he could be Kevin Green II. We all know how that went but before we go into that I just want to say that I don't hold Jason Babin's draft position against him. He's a bust in the first round but who says he even belonged there?

Now, he plays LB for two years and doesn't exactly suck at it but doesn't exactly excel at it either. Capers gets the boot, Kubiak shows up and he gets told to bulk up because he's going back to DE. Fine, he does and he's looking slow but he rakes in 5 sacks. Better but not spectacular. 2006 season he drops weight to get quicker and has an excellent preseason, literally the best of his career but Kubiak and Smith haven't fixed the safety problem (and still haven't 4 years later but that's beside the point) and so since we're so deep at DE they trade Babin to Seattle for a lousy safety who happens to share a last name with a good player.

Seattle and then Kansas City both didn't see anything in him but in Philadelphia he played well coming off the bench and in fact made enough plays to get Tennessee's attention. This year is what it is. 45 tackles, 12 sacks (so far) and he's probably going to the Pro Bowl.

Could he have done that here? I tend to think so but early on we decided to give up on him and take a stab at a failed project at safety. Kubiak and Smith gave up on Babin after one 5 sack, 26 tackle season. Then they came along a couple of years later and drafted Conner Barwin who gave them exactly 4.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Part of the reason these two dipsticks never get anywhere is they keep making mistakes with players and having to go back and draft the same guy over again. We never develop anybody but obviously Tennessee figured out how to develop Babin.

Maybe "fair shot" is the wrong way to put it though. I just think that we had a player capable of this here who we drafted in the first round and our GM, HC, and then DC didn't have what it took to coach him up to this level. Jason Babin is the perfect example of why I'm not convinced that any of these players suck as much as some think. With this coaching staff tasked with developing them I doubt anyone here really knows what our roster holds.

Back