Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday: Texans vs Bears - Preseason week 1

Carr is in the 2 minute offense I see.

suprising it shows he threw deep pass interference (2nd time called in game on deep pass)

no....only one interference. This one was a personal foul

1-10-CAR38 (:30) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete deep middle to C.Horn.
PENALTY on NYG-C.Dahl, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at CAR 38 - No Play.
1-10-NYG47 (:26) D.Carr pass short left to R.Robinson pushed ob at NYG 23 for 24 yards (C.Dahl).
1-10-NYG23 (:17) (Shotgun) D.Carr sacked (AGAIN) at NYG 23 for 0 yards (M.Gunn).

Jacoby Jones almost scored a TD. Only had one foot in. Nice play though. He'll learn to get both feet in soon enough hopefully.

no....only one interference. This one was a personal foul

1-10-CAR38 (:30) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete deep middle to C.Horn.
PENALTY on NYG-C.Dahl, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at CAR 38 - No Play.
1-10-NYG47 (:26) D.Carr pass short left to R.Robinson pushed ob at NYG 23 for 24 yards (C.Dahl).
1-10-NYG23 (:17) (Shotgun) D.Carr sacked (AGAIN) at NYG 23 for 0 yards (M.Gunn).

in the interest of full disclosure....

2-10-NYG 23(:12) D.Carr pass deep right to T.Biddle for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1-10-NYG 23(:17) (Shotgun) D.Carr sacked at NYG 23 for 0 yards (M.Gunn).

Are you watching the game? Mario looked like a slug out there. Babin just looks quicker and more explosive than does Mario. For example the play where Babin ran down the ball carrier from the backside and got him for a loss.

And you don't think that's got anything to do with the fact that Babin is going up against 2nd stringers? Just wondering.

Look, I know Mario blew chunks out there tonight. But wait until Babin goes up against first string starters before you want to rant and rave about him, that's all I'm saying.

And you don't think that's got anything to do with the fact that Babin is going up against 2nd stringers? Just wondering.
no...the speed and the suddeness off the snap has nothing to do with first or second stringers

Look, I know Mario blew chunks out there tonight. But wait until Babin goes up against first string starters before you want to rant and rave about him, that's all I'm saying.

It certainly looked like Mario was stuck with a good deal of doubling up.

It certainly looked like Mario was stuck with a good deal of doubling up.
he had a couple of doubles...but when he was single teamed he wasn't creating any pressure either...and he didn't look very explosive out there at all. Not really much to see or worry about too much....just observational stuff from me.

well it's still only preseason, but that actually was an impressive drive by Carr with little time left in the half, chances of us facing Carr in the Carolina game just got better IMHO

A quick first step has nothing to do with the Bears offensive line. You either have it or you don't.

And all I said was Babin looked better than Mario did when he was in there. I'm not anointing him as the new starter over Mario but instead just typing what I saw.

even though this is preseason, optimistic side comes out in me... i am not sure (can't find) what the bears defense averaged giving up per game, but I am excited to see 12 points and NO[/b} turnovers.

a couple of td's instead of field goals would be better, but baby steps :rollbaby:

Now that halftime is here, I am still more impressed with our 2nd string vs their 2nd string than our 1st vs their 1st string.

this is a good thing. It means we have more debth. We still haven't gotten a touchdown yet, but we have more points at the half that the team than went to the super bowl last year.

However, I still wish our 1st string would have showed us more. I'm good with the Texans so far. There have been a couple of impressive plays by some guys just hoping to make the team. And Jacoby is looking like that wasn't so back of a pick after all.

well it's still only preseason, but that actually was an impressive drive by Carr with little time left in the half, chances of us facing Carr in the Carolina game just got better IMHO

zero chance Carr beats out Delhomme...Delhomme has got to be injured first.

Um, they tried to score TD's....there is a Bears D on the field too you know.

...yea, Vinny, but 3 straight runs up the 'gut?' ...how about a roll-out or bootleg or something besides the same-o. If we ever want to be the best, we're going to have to figure out ways to beat the best...

Carr always looked decent with us vs 2nd stringers also.

...yea, Vinny, but 3 straight runs up the 'gut?' ...how about a roll-out or bootleg or something besides the same-o. If we ever want to be the best, we're going to have to figure out ways to beat the best...

Sure...that's when you see if you can get it done. Why try to trick people in the preseason? You are there to grade out your players and see how they play man up...one on one blocking in a pressure situation.

no...the speed and the suddeness off the snap has nothing to do with first or second stringers

Not only that, but the talent level is vastly different between the first and second string...

i caught a noisy 610 in the 1st quarter and then i lost any signal i was getting. my first texans preseason game ive missed due to stupid programming

I forgot about Zac Diles until they mentioned his name just now. Has he gotten any playing time?

He may make the team as a special teams guy.

We're still in search of a #2 WR.

And I was hoping that Schaub would get more snaps. Sage knows the offense.

Well, I guess it's way too much to ask for the Carr stuff to be kept in the NFL section, huh?

Don't know if this has been said already, but If David were starting for us tonight there were several occasions he would have gotten sacked whereas Matt and Sage made plays down field...

Carr always looked decent with us vs 2nd stringers also.

don't you mean sage :heh:

seriously good luck to Carolina..(but not in the 2nd week of the season)

Better luck to the :texflag: No injuries and hopefully playing against another Super Bowl team gives this team a shot of confidence..colts regular season,but I will gladly take a solid game from guys from the 1st roster spot to the last
:fans:

The search for a #2 receiver may be coming to an end soon. Jacoby Jones looks like a player out there. Just gotta give him a little more time to develop.

I think you missed my point...my point was Mario and his lack of burst off the edge was evident regardless of who was in front of him.

I got your point...I made a typo...I meant to say ISN'T vastly different...

I totally agree with you...I thought Mario looked a little sluggish and I personally had to refrain from some chicken little rants....

Babin looks good out there...

The search for a #2 receiver may be coming to an end soon. Jacoby Jones looks like a player out there. Just gotta give him a little more time to develop.

I don't think you can say that off of one half of preseason play. I want to see Jacoby go up against a first team defense first.

Don't know if this has been said already, but If David were starting for us tonight there were several occasions he would have gotten sacked on whereas Matt and Sage made plays down field...

I hate to interrupt everyone’s happiness, but so far I am still more impressed with Sage that Schwab. Considering the price we paid for him at any rate.

Ok, yall can crucify me now. I’m going for another beer anyway.
tongue.gif

I hate to interrupt everyone’s happiness, but so far I am still more impressed with Sage that Schwab. Considering the price we paid for him at any rate.

tongue.gif

I'm still happy, but I'm sad for you. :pirate: You need to learn how to spell his name though. I think Sage is better than Schwab too...whomever he is.

I think you can...he looks good to me and he looks like a NFL talent.

I agree...

Sometimes you can just look at guys and watch how they move and plays that they make....

So far Jacoby has shown me something...

tongue.gif

well I never had investments from them so I can't say :heh:

I know what you meant but from what i have read..I am not sure if 9 plays on the field gives any of us a good feel for what he can or cannot do yet.

well I never had investments from them so I can't say :heh:

I know what you meant but from what i have read..I am not sure if 9 plays on the field gives any of us a good feel for what he can or cannot do yet.

Schaub looked reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllly good to me....

I think you missed my point...my point was Mario and his lack of burst off the edge was evident regardless of who was in front of him.

It looks like Babin wants to start. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that Babin wouldn't beat Mario in a straight up footrace anyway.

Sure...that's when you see if you can get it done. Why try to trick people in the preseason? You are there to grade out your players and see how they play man up...one on one blocking in a pressure situation.

Good points, Vinny, but I'm just saying we also need to try different ways to score inside the 5 during pre-season so we have an idea what works and what doesn't.

There was some good stuff on that last drive by the entire offense, especially seeing Sage work his protection. He stayed in the pocket or moved around just enough to stay upright, all the while going thru his progressipns--nice, very nice!...and no hesitation on that throw in the end zone.

Two sets does not a QB make, so yeah, Schwab may still be the guy.

But until then, I'm still going to be the jerk about it.

Two sets does not a QB make, so yeah, Schwab may still be the guy.

But until then, I'm still going to be the jerk about it.

Until you actually spell his name right, I'm really not going to give a damn.

Actually, even after you spell his name right, I'm not going to give a damn.

Back