Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

GAMEDAY: Chargers @ Texans

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Same, though I'm not too keen on helping out the Colts, if only we could hurt them both.
Lesser of two evils, Colts are like the pretty boy jock that you just want to punch in the mouth on general principle. Tits are tye loud mouth talking **** that you want to punch in the mouth because they deseve it.

Jags are like Ralph from the Simpson's, you can punch them in the mouth and sometimes you have to but its never very satisfying.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Yeah wins now really only mean we get a lower pick- although I love seeing Mills play well.
Top 5 picks unchanged despite all kinds of stuff!! … A most interesting slate of early games today, but in the end the top 5 picks in current selection order for the 2022 draft remain unchanged. Both Jacksonville and Detroit, which came into the week sitting on the first and second picks overall respectively, had chances at late upsets, but both ultimately came up short. The Jaguars had a 4th down play snuffed out from the NY Jets 1-yard line with just seconds left on the clock that preserved a 26-21 Jets win. Meanwhile, the Lions, down four in Atlanta, had a last-minute pass picked off at the goal line to go down to a 20-16 defeat. On the other hand, the teams that came into the week with the 3rd and 4th picks – Houston and the Jets – both won today. The Texans, in particular, stunned the LA Chargers in Houston, while as noted the Jets held off the Jaguars with a last-minute goal line stand. As a result, both the Texans and Jets go to 4-11, but will stay at #s 3 and 4 because they have weaker SOS figures than the NY Giants who are also 4-11 after losing badly in Philadelphia. At the same time, the rest of the top 10 won’t be determined until at least after the late Sunday afternoon games.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I don't expect Mills to ever amount to anything special. I can see him being a solid top 15 Qb.
That is QB danger zone. You have dude you start over a good deal of the league, but will always have the 2nd best dude in playoff situation. And you have to pay that guy a lot of money because he is still better than half the league.

Top 15 of what? Of all starting QBs in the league, or of his rookie class? Just curious how you mean that.
I meant of all starting QB's in the league. I think he will be a solid QB but his career as whole will never get beyond top 15 QB's in the league. I hope I am wrong and that he ends up at least a top 10 Qb at some point in his career. I won't say it can't happen but I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I meant of all starting QB's in the league. I think he will be a solid QB but his career as whole will never get beyond top 15 QB's in the league. I hope I am wrong and that he ends up at least a top 10 Qb at some point in his career. I won't say it can't happen but I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment.
Mills is good enough to be around the NFL for a while. And he'll be back next year, probably as the starter, even if it's just to hold off drafting a QB for another year. It'll be interesting draft night next year.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
For me. The story of this game was the OL. I saw linemen blocking downhill. I saw RBs able to plant their feet and hit an open hole. I didn't see any flagrantly blown blocks or blockers clogging up the running lanes because they are laying on the ground. I saw hat on hat blocking. I know Bosa was out, but where was this blocking all year?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't expect Mills to ever amount to anything special. I can see him being a solid top 15 Qb.
Ask around, I’m not big on Davis Mills… but, his improvement needs to be between the ears & I’ve seen nothing that limits what he can be.

I’m not saying he’s the next Tom Brady… but I’m not ready to say he’s not.

He was bailed out by some dang good catches, so I understand a little caution. But the kid had a dang good game & looks to be getting better.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I will say, and yes it was only one game, but Mills at 67 is looking better and better. Even if he's just good enough to let us get by and work on the rest of the team for a year or two he was well worth a 3rd round pick
This.

All we need to do is get someone be competent enough to fill the gaps until we can draft a franchise QB.

Or be a Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer.

And it doesn’t matter if he is the best QB. He just needs to be the winning QB.