Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Browns

Can't you say the same thing for any great QB and his HC or OC?

Don't get me wrong. Ryans is not above getting criticize. It's just weird that last week, when it appeared the Texans were going to overcome a deficit, you stopped posting. This week, with a loss, it seems like it's an opportunity for you to use your unused criticism from last week.
I posted after the game that they won like I expected them to, and that I was still concerned for the defense. Not many rookie QBs have had to have comebacks like Stroud has had. That is on the defense.

Case should not have started and that was evident. Don’t care how you want to look at it.
Since he did, tells me Davis had got to be a grade A jerk & not a very good teammate. The backup job was literally given to him in the offseason & the 1st time they need a backup to start they dust off Fitzpatrick'sgnomeclone.

After watching Keenum for two games I'm positive it wasn't because he did anything good, or earned anything. It's more about what Mills didn't do. Aswhole

Then why did he start two weeks in a row knowing that Cleveland defense is legit and has no edge on them?

I have neither the time nor the patience to explain to you the word nepotism and it’s definition. (Google is your friend) Additionally, by choice I choose not to engage with you on your idiotic posts and takes. However, I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day and have a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see any major moves on the OL this offseason, need to get players healthy and give them time to develop. Always sniff for truffles in the late rounds of course but no one comes in expecting to start over what we already have.

What we desperately need are cover linebackers and a WR to pair with Collins/Dell to spread D’s and give Stroud options on each play.
and another RB and a TE etc...

Backup QB wouldn't hurt.

I have neither the time nor the patience to explain to you the word nepotism and it’s definition. (Google is your friend) Additionally, by choice I choose not to engage with you on your idiotic posts and takes. However, I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day and have a Merry Christmas.

Your opinion is yours in which I do not care for.

Mason has secured his spot.

You giving up on Howard?

Hopefully 2 of Patterson/Juice/Green solidify the left side of the OL/C position and Howard can be his overpaid avg self at RT.

Based on this season’s results so far…..the only reason Tunsil, Howard, and Mason are secure, is their contracts. If these guys were are the final year of their contracts, it’d be tough to think the Texans and Caserio would be trying to get them signed to long-term contracts.

Based on contractual obligations to these three, I have no other option but to hold out hope that they could play up to their contract values next season.

In all seriousness, I believe the Texans have an IOL that is pretty set for next season. I’m absolutely drafting an OT (probably RT) in the next draft. Texans must start the grooming process b/c I simply have no faith in Tunsil or Howard.

The only thing I want the coaching staff to do in 2024……start the best 22 guys on offense and defense.

When Greenard, Ward and (briefly) Nelson went out early we knew what type of day we were in for… this team is tough and plays hard but you can only lose so many key players and still be competitive.

The Browns are going to the playoffs, this version of the Texans cannot compete against quality teams without their stars. This Browns team is not the Titans team that we got to beat last week.

Sure the Browns have their injuries as well, but they also got back key pieces (Bitonio and Pocic) that could neutralize the Texans interior DL. And when Greenard went out, there went the Texans edge rush. Solid vet depth in Barnett and Hughes, but not players opposing teams have to gameplan for…

Can't you say the same thing for any great QB and his HC or OC?

Don't get me wrong. Ryans is not above getting criticize. It's just weird that last week, when it appeared the Texans were going to overcome a deficit, you stopped posting. This week, with a loss, it seems like it's an opportunity for you to use your unused criticism from last week.
Get’em coach

There’s no way he looked objectively at the Browns and thought Case with his lack of arm strength would give them a better chance to win. You don’t go from your second string QB to your third string, and Case got away with bad throws against Tennessee.
So where does nepotism come into it? Or is that just your word for being a DeMeco and Keenum hater?

So where does nepotism come into it? Or is that just your word for being a DeMeco and Keenum hater?
Because Case is a former Texan who played under Kubes. Matchups appear to not have been factored into him starting this particular game. Once Demeco saw he didn’t have it, he kept playing him even though he couldn’t get across midfield. Case was “his guy”. Complete arrogance AND nepotism.

Last edited:
When Greenard, Ward and (briefly) Nelson went out early we knew what type of day we were in for… this team is tough and plays hard but you can only lose so many key players and still be competitive.

The Browns are going to the playoffs, this version of the Texans cannot compete against quality teams without their stars. This Browns team is not the Titans team that we got to beat last week.

Sure the Browns have their injuries as well, but they also got back key pieces (Bitonio and Pocic) that could neutralize the Texans interior DL. And when Greenard went out, there went the Texans edge rush. Solid vet depth in Barnett and Hughes, but not players opposing teams have to gameplan for…
Why couldn't the Texans cross midfield in the 1st half.

Because Case is a former Texan who played under Kubes. Matchups appear to not have been factored into him starting this particular game. Once Demeco saw he didn’t have it, he kept playing him even though he couldn’t get cross midfield. Case was “his guy”. Complete arrogance AND nepotism.
Ditto

Based on this season’s results so far…..the only reason Tunsil, Howard, and Mason are secure, is their contracts. If these guys were are the final year of their contracts, it’d be tough to think the Texans and Caserio would be trying to get them signed to long-term contracts.

Based on contractual obligations to these three, I have no other option but to hold out hope that they could play up to their contract values next season.

In all seriousness, I believe the Texans have an IOL that is pretty set for next season. I’m absolutely drafting an OT (probably RT) in the next draft. Texans must start the grooming process b/c I simply have no faith in Tunsil or Howard.

The only thing I want the coaching staff to do in 2024……start the best 22 guys on offense and defense.
Tunsil is playing hurt and is still playing above avg. What are your expectations.? Look at the LT's on all of the playoffs and the only guy that's really doing better than Tunsil is Williams. Howard is hurt and overpaid, but do we really know how he's going to perform next yr?

Because Case is a former Texan who played under Kubes. Matchups appear to not have been factored into him starting this particular game. Once Demeco saw he didn’t have it, he kept playing him even though he couldn’t get across midfield. Case was “his guy”. Complete arrogance AND nepotism.
What nepotism? Case and Demeco never played on the Texans at the same time, Demeco doesn't have any ties to Case besides this year. Demeco decided to go with the vet with 10+ years of experience in an important game, unfortunately it didn't work, just have to learn and move on.

What nepotism? Case and Demeco never played on the Texans at the same time, Demeco doesn't have any ties to Case besides this year. Demeco decided to go with the vet with 10+ years of experience in an important game, unfortunately it didn't work, just have to learn and move on.
Case hadn’t started a game in 2 years before Tennessee. Even in that game he looked bad.

Case hadn’t started a game in 2 years before Tennessee. Even in that game he looked bad.
And when Mills started last year he was so great he lost his job to Kyle Allen for a few games and ended up splitting time with Jeff Driskel. So if my choices are inconsistent young guy with some starting experience or 10+ year vet who just won me game last week, going into a game against the number 1 defense in football, I'd take my chances with the vet.

And when Mills started last year he was so great he lost his job to Kyle Allen for a few games and ended up splitting time with Jeff Driskel. So if my choices are inconsistent young guy with some starting experience or 10+ year vet who just won me game last week against the number 1 defense in football, I'd take my chances with the vet.
Yet he won the game that got us Stroud…..

So look, it’s like this. If he didn’t want Mills as a backup then a trade should have happened. It didn’t. You don’t get to play both sides of the coin by listing him as 2nd on the depth chart and refusing to go to your #2. It’s pathetic.

Agreed.

I can't imagine what they saw in practice to make them stick with the Case Keenum plan.

& I know the Davis Mills plan isn't a good one. But if your plan is a big helping of Keenum & sprinkle a bit of Mills in something is real wrong

I'm adding more RPOs, screens, wildcat, I'm even putting the veer in before I resort to the Mills bait & switch. It's probably not going to work. But at least no one thinks I thought Davis Mills was going to "work."

Agreed.

I can't imagine what they saw in practice to make them stick with the Case Keenum plan.

& I know the Davis Mills plan isn't a good one. But if your plan is a big helping of Keenum & sprinkle a bit of Mills in something is real wrong

I'm adding more RPOs, screens, wildcat, I'm even putting the veer in before I resort to the Mills bait & switch. It's probably not going to work. But at least no one thinks I thought Davis Mills was going to "work."
Exactly!

So if my choices are inconsistent young guy with some starting experience or 10+ year vet who just won me game last week, going into a game against the number 1 defense in football, I'd take my chances with the vet.
If you think the 10 year vet won that game I could understand the stupidity we saw today.

um go back... i called out coaching too and said that was dumb af
We no longer get the games in the Hill Country so I dont watch them anymore. But on this MB I do find it disturbing to see this coaching staff so maligned….but it’s funny how we seem to be often playing for a win late in the fourth quarter. Despite. All. Of. Our. Incredible. Injury. History. This. Year.

Opinions being like buttholes, you should truly only care about somebody elses opinion if you're a proctologist.

Opinions being like buttholes, I try not to go around picking at other peoples opinions... youll just have to wash your hands.
Why do I get whacked every time I venture to make comments like this. First, I like this post. Second I know not to make them but I’m too dumb to stop. But man, I’ve pretty much all but dropped out of this mess because I’ve got that target on my back for some reason when I write them.

Why do I get whacked every time I venture to make comments like this. First, I like this post. Second I know not to make them but I’m too dumb to stop. But man, I’ve pretty much all but dropped out of this mess because I’ve got that target on my back for some reason when I write them.
Are you saying you get a feeling of deja vu whenever you make a similar post?

Probably because you hold... at least an ounce of credibility to you.

Me, I think most people have accepted me as a fool. I'm either an annoying idiot or an entertaining one...

Targeting a fool is like yelling at the wind.... only makes you look crazy.

Ah I love it. Whenever we lose a game, chaos erupts around here

dj-khaled.gif

Poor poor pitiful me.

Merry Christmas

Wow. Until this post. I didn't realize there is a conspiracy theory involving Mills and Ryans. How did I miss this?
You missed it cause you arent looking.

Have you ever wondered why gum comes in foil wrappers?

Because it was created by a race of alien mole people to prepare us for slave labor as beavers when they finally have their uprising. I mean if you never wondered why you can't see, but once you see its plain to see its the only obvious conclusion.... unless you're in on it.

We no longer get the games in the Hill Country so I dont watch them anymore. But on this MB I do find it disturbing to see this coaching staff so maligned….but it’s funny how we seem to be often playing for a win late in the fourth quarter. Despite. All. Of. Our. Incredible. Injury. History. This. Year.
What part of the Hill Country!?

Reactions: JB
Proof of how good Stroud actually is as a rookie is watching this garbage offense without him.
The offense hasn't been the same since the idiot play caller decided to get our 5'8 165 pound WR involved in the running game. I was critical of him before the ankle..back when he was calling running plays for Tank (got him hurt earlier in the season doing that crap too and didn't learn from it)..

Someone needs to tell Bobby Hill that Tank is just a nickname and you can't plow the guy into the middle of 300+ pound lineman (simple damn physics). Tank opened up this offense and was a threat to score at any moment.. as a rookie he was already dictating defensive game plans.. I'm still disgusted by how all that went down, because it isn't hindsight... it never should've even ******* happened.

Demeco would rather put Mills in the doghouse and set him up for blame then take fault for Wilson, Ridder, Flacco, torching his defense. That’s Lovie level leadership.
So is rotating QBs in and out of the game in the first quarter. It’s okay to call out bad coaching.

Comparing Ryans to Lovie based on this one game isn't intellectually honest and you know it. The overreaction on your part is both entertaining and tiresome.

The offense hasn't been the same since the idiot play caller decided to get our 5'8 165 pound WR involved in the running game. I was critical of him before the ankle..back when he was calling running plays for Tank (got him hurt earlier in the season doing that crap too and didn't learn from it)..

Someone needs to tell Bobby Hill that Tank is just a nickname and you can't plow the guy into the middle of 300+ pound lineman (simple damn physics). Tank opened up this offense and was a threat to score at any moment.. as a rookie he was already dictating defensive game plans.. I'm still disgusted by how all that went down, because it isn't hindsight... it never should've even ******* happened.

Sigh. Are we still driving this narrative? Believe what you are going to believe man...

While I assumed Mills was the true back-up versus Keenum both are just back-ups that overall give about the same chance to win.

Against the Titans and other bad teams, either should win more times than they lose.
Against the Colts and mid-level fraud squads, it is 50/50
Against legitimate playoff teams either is losing most of the time.

Different fleas same dog. Both have played enough overall for us to know this.

Comparing Ryans to Lovie based on this one game isn't intellectually honest and you know it. The overreaction on your part is both entertaining and tiresome.

Sigh. Are we still driving this narrative? Believe what you are going to believe man...
What narrative?.. it's not a narrative, it's what happened.

Back