Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Browns

Texansballer74

The Marine

The Houston Texans still have three games left to clear a path to the AFC postseason.

Make no mistake, Sunday's matchup at NRG Stadium against the Cleveland Brownsmight as well be a playoff game. So should the showdown between the Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts to close out the year.

It's win or go home from here on out for DeMeco Ryans' squad. As is the case for just about every team in the AFC playoff bubble.

In order to help the Texans the most, I'm going back to the same place and ordering the same breakfast as I did last week, and I'm predicting a loss (the same as last week). Other than the usual curses and rants at the TV there's not much else I can do. :)

Go Texans! Go Keenum!

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that this week 16 game would have playoff implications for both teams, I would have LMAO. If you then told me it would have Case Keenum face off against Joe Flacco at QB, my head would have spun like a top.

So any prediction on this Browns/Texans game coming from me is laughable. Chuckle away! Both teams will struggle on offense. This is one of those games that special teams can be the difference. The Texans with Fairbairn and Johnston have the edge in the kicking department and the return game is also a slight advantage. Texans 19-16, again.

In order to help the Texans the most, I'm going back to the same place and ordering the same breakfast as I did last week, and I'm predicting a loss (the same as last week). Other than the usual curses and rants at the TV there's not much else I can do. :)

Go Texans! Go Keenum!
This won’t work unless you do the whole works. Same shirt, pants, stinky socks, and skid stained tighty whities you wore last week. With that said, I hope Case drops a 30 burger on the Clowns defense, and Singletary drops 2 rushing TDs on their arse.

The play of the defensive line will be key today. Just like last week, without Will Anderson, the vets stepped up and performed their best game of the season keeping Levis under pressure all game and holding Henry under 1 YPC!

This week, similar situation except Flacco is not mobile. Need the DL to hunt!

Sidenote: I like the looks of this DL at this point in the year. Really hope Anderson makes it back next week to be the cherry on top.

Greenard is making a ton of money.

Solid vets in Barnett and Hughes as DE depth.

Solid vets as the starting DTs in Collins/Rankins. And now adding Tart to the rotation should make the run D even more stout.

Go Texans! Go Keenum!
Browns will win 24-13

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that this week 16 game would have playoff implications for both teams, I would have LMAO. If you then told me it would have Case Keenum face off against Joe Flacco at QB, my head would have spun like a top.

So any prediction on this Browns/Texans game coming from me is laughable. Chuckle away! Both teams will struggle on offense. This is one of those games that special teams can be the difference. The Texans with Fairbairn and Johnston have the edge in the kicking department and the return game is also a slight advantage. Texans 19-16, again.
Agree Fairbairn and Johnson give us an edge. It may come down to a field goal.

Also, we may see Davis Mills today. Keenum will likely be under pressure and taking hits.

This it man, this is it! We going for a ring man! Nothing else don’t matter but each other today! That’s what loyalty is! Going inside your heart and finding out who you really are! Make sure you look at your teammate today and you come and give pure h*ll today! This team ain’t ready for us!!!

Not a good start. What the hell was Nelson doing? Waiting on Woods to make the play while he stands there watching? SMH

Let’s hope that’s their one big splash play. We can’t have another series or two like that given the constraints on offense vs. a darn good defense. If they score,,,need to make ‘em earn it.

Greenard and Stingley have a big day.
Nico convinces us he’s a true #1.

Definitely want him to finish the season strong, but I think he has already showed us this. Missed two games and still:

Top 15 in total receiving yards
Top 8 in receiving yards per game
Four 100+ receiving yard games so far this season
Top 20 in YAC
Top 5 in Big Plays
Top 7 in yards per catch
7th most receiving TDs

On pace for a 1,250 yard season (1,430 if he didn't miss two games)

I know he isn't a high target volume guy like some that are averaging 7-8 catches a game, but outside of Tyreek Hill, none are blowing his doors off from a stats perspective. And they all have 40-60 more targets that he does.

Back