Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forum Bugs ... Please Report

Xopher

Rookie
There was a bug for about 6 months. I would register for the site and would never get the confirmation email. I kept trying to verify my account throughout the months. I even messaged Corrosion on a different forum and he passed it over, but it still took another month. I tried again and finally got the email. I'm here now, so it is working. (Yes I know how to check my SPAM folder.) :)

mancunian

Old Timer
There was a bug for about 6 months. I would register for the site and would never get the confirmation email. I kept trying to verify my account throughout the months. I even messaged Corrosion on a different forum and he passed it over, but it still took another month. I tried again and finally got the email. I'm here now, so it is working. (Yes I know how to check my SPAM folder.) :)
I had that, changed email but never received the reactivation email. I tracked downer the owner through the donate/paypal link :-)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Y'all let me know if you ever need any help with e-mail /name changes or whatever. I'm always glad to help if/when I can. :howdy:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Board is running very slow for me today.

Three different devices, two different wifi networks, two different cellular networks.

Three different browsers

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm going through Tapatalk right now. Still slow.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Dejaview

All Pro
First my preferences show no email alerts but I get them? Second my laptop works great on all sites but this one. This is crazy slow. Is there something I’m missing?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm going through Tapatalk right now. Still slow.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I don't know what happened, seems like I was the only one with this issue at thar time.

The day after I posted, whatever the issue was, was resolved

badboy

Hall of Fame
Not sure where to ask but how many members does MB have that are expected to post at least semi regularly in football threads this season?

MeatBear77

Rookie
It takes me 5 min 2 see a thread after i click on it and it is happening on my phone my ipad and my nephew desk-top so dont tell me that its my wifi

is any1 else having delay when u try an click on something or post something????

Number19

Hall of Fame
It takes me 5 min 2 see a thread after i click on it and it is happening on my phone my ipad and my nephew desk-top so dont tell me that its my wifi

is any1 else having delay when u try an click on something or post something????
Yes. The initial download is very slow. Once I get logged in, the speed is OK.

MeatBear77

Rookie
Yes. The initial download is very slow. Once I get logged in, the speed is OK.
Wow thx for whatever u did because it only took 2 min this time to load ur reply to my post still seems a bit slower then it should b but this is almost half as slow then how long it took 2 post what I just posted so thx again!

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Wut r u tlkn bot
3 hour download incoming....
……..…../´¯/)………… (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)… )
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(…………)……………./

badboy

Hall of Fame
3 hour download incoming....
……..…../´¯/)………… (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)… )
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(…………)……………./
I responded to you as Meathead would.

TexansFight

Veteran
This board has become so slow. It takes forever for threads to load and for posts to post. It’s definitely not an issue on my end since I have Gig speeds at home and 5G on cell.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This board has become so slow. It takes forever for threads to load and for posts to post. It’s definitely not an issue on my end since I have Gig speeds at home and 5G on cell.
The software probably needs to be updated to a newer version and that costs money. Right now it's staying open on Hookem's goodwill toward the Texans fanbase that still uses it.

TexansFight

Veteran
Texans wouldn’t have a message board without him so appreciate him keeping it for us but I don’t understand why the functionality and speed has regressed so much. Are there free message board platforms for him to migrate to?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Texans wouldn’t have a message board without him so appreciate him keeping it for us but I don’t understand why the functionality and speed has regressed so much. Are there free message board platforms for him to migrate to?
I haven't noticed any slow down at all... what browser do you use?

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Not so much a bug problem just a general question.

Are there going to be any added payment options to help contribute to the site?

I wouldn't mind continuing but I am looking to delete my PayPal very soon.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What happened to the ability to choose a generic avatar such as the pink soap? Everything now is either an upload or an initial... sucks

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What happened to the ability to choose a generic avatar such as the pink soap? Everything now is either an upload or an initial... sucks
Nvrmnd

Last edited:

Porky

Hall of Fame
Starting approx. 2 PM Friday 1/20/23, this site started running slower than molasses all the sudden. Taking up to 5 minutes or more to load a single page. In some cases, I just got a white screen and it never loaded...even waiting 15 minutes or longer.

I had this problem on 2 iPads using both Chrome and Safari and at two separate locations. I had the issue on my Iphone (Chrome)

I had the issue on my work desktop PC using Chrome. I had the problem on a home desktop PC using Chrome (both Windows 10)

Today, I again has major issues this morning on my iPad Pro, so I gave up. I later tried my standard iPad while I was out and it was tethered to my phone. So, it's usually a bit slow, but it was totally unusable on this website. Other websites load normally in all cases.

Got back home. This time I fired up my iMac (I'm an IT tech and have lots of computers) and it's now working fine under both Safari and Chrome. I did not try the iMac last night, so not sure if that is a change.

Back to my Windows desktop at home. It's running fine under Edge and Firefox. I use Chrome most often, so checked that and it's still very, very laggy, albeit somewhat better than yesterday. I'll do some cleanup in Chrome and see if that helps, but we're talking issues with Chrome across two desktop's and two separate iPad's. I also had major issues under Safari on iPads.

Last thing I checked just now - iPad pro. Again, slower than hell under Chrome...but better than it was...sort of like my desktop. Very laggy, but it's usable if patient. On same device, Safari is working fine today. Yesterday it was unusable under Safari. I've made zero changes to Safari. Edge on same device - Seems fine.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Starting approx. 2 PM Friday 1/20/23, this site started running slower than molasses all the sudden. Taking up to 5 minutes or more to load a single page. In some cases, I just got a white screen and it never loaded...even waiting 15 minutes or longer.

I had this problem on 2 iPads using both Chrome and Safari and at two separate locations. I had the issue on my Iphone (Chrome)

I had the issue on my work desktop PC using Chrome. I had the problem on a home desktop PC using Chrome (both Windows 10)

Today, I again has major issues this morning on my iPad Pro, so I gave up. I later tried my standard iPad while I was out and it was tethered to my phone. So, it's usually a bit slow, but it was totally unusable on this website. Other websites load normally in all cases.

Got back home. This time I fired up my iMac (I'm an IT tech and have lots of computers) and it's now working fine under both Safari and Chrome. I did not try the iMac last night, so not sure if that is a change.

Back to my Windows desktop at home. It's running fine under Edge and Firefox. I use Chrome most often, so checked that and it's still very, very laggy, albeit somewhat better than yesterday. I'll do some cleanup in Chrome and see if that helps, but we're talking issues with Chrome across two desktop's and two separate iPad's. I also had major issues under Safari on iPads.

Last thing I checked just now - iPad pro. Again, slower than hell under Chrome...but better than it was...sort of like my desktop. Very laggy, but it's usable if patient. On same device, Safari is working fine today. Yesterday it was unusable under Safari. I've made zero changes to Safari. Edge on same device - Seems fine.
I've been runnin Chrome on my chromebook and have had no problems at all with performance. Current update version is: Version 108.0.5359.172 (Official Build) (64-bit)
edit: I run a minimum of 4 tabs and usually 2 windows (one incognito). Everything through wireless

Porky

Hall of Fame
After some testing and doing lots of work in Chrome...it still runs like crap except when I run TT in an incognito window. Then it suddenly runs like a rocket ship bound for Mars. I had already disabled all extensions, ran for malware and other issues, killed history, cookies, etc. Disabled hardware acceleration. Made sure I am on the latest Chrome version.

Trying to determine why it's totally zippy in incognito mode.

Anyone got a thought on this? I had already disabled all extensions in normal mode so it's not an extension issue.

Porky

Hall of Fame
And now it's running slow again in Edge. Usable...but slower than hell. Out of the blue. Damn thing runs like **** since 2 PM yesterday and it runs on what it wants to and when it wants to. It's like whack-a-mole.

I cant even post this message now in Edge and it was working great 5 min. ago. (Hopefully can eventually post this). I get this error -
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You must wait at least 210 seconds before performing this action.

Number19

Hall of Fame

On my Samsung, I get the white screen on initial start up, taking an extended time to load. Once it loads, everything is fine.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
After some testing and doing lots of work in Chrome...it still runs like crap except when I run TT in an incognito window. Then it suddenly runs like a rocket ship bound for Mars. I had already disabled all extensions, ran for malware and other issues, killed history, cookies, etc. Disabled hardware acceleration. Made sure I am on the latest Chrome version.

Trying to determine why it's totally zippy in incognito mode.

Anyone got a thought on this? I had already disabled all extensions in normal mode so it's not an extension issue.
Only thing I can think of is your Chrome is corrupted

Number19

Hall of Fame
Only thing I can think of is your Chrome is corrupted
My Samsung has its own app called Samsung Internet, and I'm having the same problem, but maybe not as bad.

I just figured TT was downloading a lot of crap to my phone, or maybe uploading info from my phone.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
My Samsung has its own app called Samsung Internet, and I'm having the same problem, but maybe not as bad.

I just figured TT was downloading a lot of crap to my phone, or maybe uploading info from my phone.
I don't use the Samsung Internet on my phone at all because it's never been as smooth as Chrome to me