Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
King said there were multiple offers for Cooks, just as there were for Nuk.

The deal of Nuk for Cooks/pick 40/DJ and a 2022 4th isn't a bad deal. IMHO

Depends on if they hit on pick 40 before I can judge this trade. If they can draft a differencemaker at 40 then this was a good trade.
We also lost a 2nd round pick as well, not just Hopkins.

But your original statement didn't reflect losing pick 2.57 or pick 4.131.

It shouldn't have had too.

They didn't really lose 131 they just moved it back to next yr. The gamble is that it will be higher than 131 and with the Cards playing in the NFC West I'm betting it will be.

I had a dream I was being coached by Bill O'Brien and I was in 3 point stance and I was doing pass rush drills. Yes seriously.

On the last drill he yelled 'hike' and I literally lunged into the headboard and smashed my head and bent my fingers. My wife looked at me like I was possessed. All I could do was laugh because I was so embarrassed. It would have been less embarrassing if I was having a sex dream. She almost pissed herself because she was laughing so hard after I told her. My fingers are still sore.

FU Bill O'Brien. Why are you coaching the defense anyway!!!

Tonight I watched OB use his handicap son as a post it note and throw a tantrum while his other son sat 2 feet away terrified. Couple that with video of his outburst in the stands and reports of him slamming osweiler against a wall at halftime.

Somehow though, he demands better from a guy like Hopkins who reportedly has more then 1 child with more then 1 mother. I'm not certain how he thinks he holds some moral ground over anyone but he's not fooling me. He's an egomaniac who surrounds himself with "yes men." He's the spoiled brash baby throwing fits till some tired broken parent gives him his binky.

Despite their results both Capers and Kubiak exuded class at all times and are of high character. Obrien is anything but that.

On the field his results are unexceptional. Its easy as a fan to predict 8-8 or 9-7 and be right. Despite years of practice he has never learned to manage a game or a clock or challenges. He happens to coach a team in a mediocre division and because of it he has enough success to not get fired.

And every playoff season we all know as fans the monumental azz kicking this team will get. And every year we're right.

The Texans have been pedalling fool's gold since he got here. It's time to move on. I honestly don't know how much more he has to do to prove that.

At some point, you have to begin wondering, if O'Briens boss is keeping him here isn't he the problem to?

It's time to grow up Cal. You dont want to be in the spotlight and that's clear after all this time. Thats fine. But if you give a damn about your father's legacy it's time to part ways with O'Brien. He's not getting better. You and your fans are losing years while you wait for your binky.

It's time to take your head out of your azz and take action.

Tonight I watched OB use his handicap son as a post it note and throw a tantrum while his other son sat 2 feet away terrified. Couple that with video of his outburst in the stands and reports of him slamming osweiler against a wall at halftime.

Somehow though, he demands better from a guy like Hopkins who reportedly has more then 1 child with more then 1 mother. I'm not certain how he thinks he holds some moral ground over anyone but he's not fooling me. He's an egomaniac who surrounds himself with "yes men." He's the spoiled brash baby throwing fits till some tired broken parent gives him his binky.

Despite their results both Capers and Kubiak exuded class at all times and are of high character. Obrien is anything but that.

On the field his results are unexceptional. Its easy as a fan to predict 8-8 or 9-7 and be right. Despite years of practice he has never learned to manage a game or a clock or challenges. He happens to coach a team in a mediocre division and because of it he has enough success to not get fired.

And every playoff season we all know as fans the monumental azz kicking this team will get. And every year we're right.

The Texans have been pedalling fool's gold since he got here. It's time to move on. I honestly don't know how much more he has to do to prove that.

At some point, you have to begin wondering, if O'Briens boss is keeping him here isn't he the problem to?

It's time to grow up Cal. You dont want to be in the spotlight and that's clear after all this time. Thats fine. But if you give a damn about your father's legacy it's time to part ways with O'Brien. He's not getting better. You and your fans are losing years while you wait for your binky.

I could care less about this

What I do care about is Blacklock/Greenard are 2 great additions to the Texans at positions of need. Blacklock is a steal if his achillies holds up. That guys a stud.

I could care less about this

What I do care about is Blacklock/Greenard are 2 great additions to the Texans at positions of need. Blacklock is a steal if his achillies holds up. That guys a stud.

Much respect to powda, but I agree with you. I don't care who OB is as a person. I care about the product he puts on the field. The two do not go hand in hand in my opinion.

Do you always pick on special needs kids?

Maybe I'm just sensitive because i have a special needs niece.

I'm not sure where you got that from my post and clearly the intent was/is to protect him.

I don't think your being sensitive at all I think you're misinterpreting my words.
Maybe, but was responding to your other posts too, probably should've quoted those too.
No worries though, hugs.

Much respect to powda, but I agree with you. I don't care who OB is as a person. I care about the product he puts on the field. The two do not go hand in hand in my opinion.
well in my experience folks will work (in this case play) harder - go the extra mile - for someone they respect. Folk will just work hard enough to keep getting their check when working for someone they don't respect. And your good players/employees will always have an eye out to move on instead of going all in when they don't think their leader has character. Yeah, character in a leader matters.
just my :twocents:

well in my experience folks will work (in this case play) harder - go the extra mile - for someone they respect. Folk will just work hard enough to keep getting their check when working for someone they don't respect. And your good players/employees will always have an eye out to move on instead of going all in when they don't think their leader has character. Yeah, character in a leader matters.
just my :twocents:

It was said (until very recently) that this team played hard for OB. That may change post Hopkins, but we shall see soon enough.

Please elaborate on your dislike @JB. My bosses dont expect me to suck or be mediocre at what I do. So tell me why O'Brien's good at his job.

My drunken self didn't like your continued bashing of OB having a special needs kid and daring to show him in public. Didn't read the rest of your drunken rambling. I don't think OB is good at his jobs and you know that

My drunken self didn't like your continued bashing of OB having a special needs kid and daring to show him in public. Didn't read the rest of your drunken rambling. I don't think OB is good at his jobs and you know that

Might need to read it all for context. It was a lil more then you suggest.

Interest in the Texans appears to be at a very low point. It is draft day 3 and there does not seem to be much of a buzz.

I'm excited about the potential of the front 7 on defense this season.

Watt/Jernigan/Blacklock

Mercilus/McKinney/Cunningham/Greenard.

Good job by BOB this offseason.

I like the picks much better than the off-season moves. He's done pretty well in a very deep draft this season. His big job will be to have another solid draft minus his RD1 and RD2 picks. The only veteran on the Texans who could possibly recoup RD1 and RD2 pick(s) is Watson. So we'll have to wait and see how this season goes and next off-season.

I like the picks much better than the off-season moves. He's done pretty well in a very deep draft this season. His big job will be to have another solid draft minus his RD1 and RD2 picks. The only veteran on the Texans who could possibly recoup RD1 and RD2 pick(s) is Watson. So we'll have to wait and see how this season goes and next off-season.

They will have two 4ths next yr in addition to two 6rhs so they could move into the 1ns if there's a guy they really like.

They could also move McKinney for more picks.

You’d probably need a little better understanding of advocacy to come to the conclusion you did Powda.

OB’s son, like any kid, was probably excited to get on TV with his dad. Because he’s a person not a disability.

Excellent post - we can all dislike OB, hate him if you choose to, but I'm sure his kid wanted to be on TV just like a lot of the other coaches and GM's kids did and a lot of them held up signs or used something to convey a message, OB's son needed some help so if he wanted to get a message out to essential workers a sign around his neck was an option. Don't let the hate for OB cloud something that was a positive message given from someone with a disability to a group of people he has most likely spent a great deal of time around in his short life (nurses, doctors, etc.)

They will have two 4ths next yr in addition to two 6rhs so they could move into the 1ns if there's a guy they really like.

They could also move McKinney for more picks.
Two fourth and two sixth round picks won’t land you a first round pick. I’m not even sure you could move into the second round with just those picks. I don’t recall a trade like that in the NFL draft.

The Texans will have to trade some really valuable known assets (more than one) to get a first round pick next year. Hopkins was the most valuable commodity O’Brien had and look what that got him. And that wasn’t because of his actual value, it was value assessed by a GM that makes practice a higher priority over talent and production.

I think it may be due to the general dislike of the Coach/GM by a majority of fans. With no sports going on anywhere, there should be more natural interest besides just us hardcores.

Wait .... no use goin' that far out on a limb .... talk about a stretch !! :dance2:

Two fourth and two sixth round picks won’t land you a first round pick. I’m not even sure you could move into the second round with just those picks. I don’t recall a trade like that in the NFL draft.

The Texans will have to trade some really valuable known assets (more than one) to get a first round pick next year. Hopkins was the most valuable commodity O’Brien had and look what that got him. And that wasn’t because of his actual value, it was value assessed by a GM that makes practice a higher priority over talent and production.

I'm glad Nuk is gone.

If needed a 3rd/4th/6th should get you in the 40-45 type range. Atleast BOB has given himself a few options.

yup. I’m usually hardcore but this year it barely registered. Until bill is gone my apathy meter is off the charts.

I enjoyed the draft but didn’t feel the excitement for my team and I admit it’s entirely because of my contempt for O’Brien. I do hope proves me wrong because that means the team does really well. I’m not talking about another meaningless division title.

The draft was a pleasant and welcomed distraction from all the corona junk taking over the world.

There’s no way to know how the players pan out of course, but I didn’t think OB screwed things up anymore than he already has. But hold my beer, 2 days later, Gipson is cut, so that train is back on track.

Texans will have 2-3rds (they will get a compensatory pick for losing DJ Reader). No, they won't have a 1 or 2nd next year. Last time they were in the situation, they got Justin Reid in the 3rd.

Texans will have 2-3rds (they will get a compensatory pick for losing DJ Reader). No, they won't have a 1 or 2nd next year. Last time they were in the situation, they got Justin Reid in the 3rd.

The Texans are not getting any compensatory picks in 2021. They signed more free agents than lost which is the first qualification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back