Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

facebook posts by Texans

JJ Watt's new look in 2012?

181327_361973033867508_116270911771056_1027334_1215293842_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/jjwatt1

DAMN! Just checked out JJ's page. The pic where he's standing next to Conner Barwin, I didn't realize he was THAT big! Damn!

Scary. Like a ring wraith in Lord of The Rings.

Coaches to their QBs: "Get off of the rooooads!!!!"

Holy $h!t! JJ looks straight up scurry! The facemask is a bit much though, IMO. It looks like a truck grill. :littlelol:

It looks pretty much like the facemask Justin Tuck (and I think some other Giants) started wearing last season.

Here's an article that deals with why Tuck started wearing it.

LINK

I don't recall JJ having any sort of neck issue last season, but then again, if it reduces hands on the facemask, who cares. Then again, he hasn't actually said he's going to wear it - only raised it as a possibility.
justin-tuck-facemask.jpg

Arian Foster

I know I'm getting old now, I typed "Sega", and my autocorrect replaced it with "swag".

Dont know where to post this but: can we get the Twitter feed on the main page updated? Slaton is still on it and also now so is Winston. Get the older ex guys removed and add Wade, Schaub, etc...

I like JJ Watt's face mask, but only if he incorporates the Knight Rider car's red lights that snake back and forth.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

watt_kitt.jpg

I like JJ Watt's face mask, but only if he incorporates the Knight Rider car's red lights that snake back and forth.

watt_kitt.jpg

Actually, he'd look more like a Cylon. (Which isn't a bad thing)

Cylon-Droid-WP.jpg

unless he developed some kind of medical condition this off-season, he won't be allowed to wear a dark visor.

watt_kitt.jpg

Just whose helmet IS that??
Maybe it's just me but that don't look like our beloved Toro logo to me.

Just whose helmet IS that??
Maybe it's just me but that don't look like our beloved Toro logo to me.

It's the Texans helmet. I looked at it long and hard, since you drew my attention to it, and I think what is happening is the lights are casting little reflections (bright spots) that make it look like a different logo on the side.

You can see that those reflections carry over, across the width of the helmet, repeating itself over and over. So the red part of the horn has what looks like white areas (as if it's another logo) but it's actually just the light reflection playing a trick on our eyes.

The logo on the side of our helmet is weird. The red horn is always near the face mask. In Watt's photo, the red horn is in the correct position on both sides of the helmet.

Remember, as well: The phone cameras being used...they're not rendering colors properly. We all saw the new uniforms (Chris Myers modeling the new unit a few weeks ago) and thought the jersey was a bad orange/red shade of red....when in fact the texans logo on the lockers was also a bad shade of orange/red too.

This explains why Watt's helmet looks black and not steel blue. And the light reflection on his helmet is distorting the helmet logo too. Short answer: The phone cameras do bad justice to displaying EVERYTHING in its proper color/context.

I dunno, GP. One of the two sides of that helmet should be showing a Steel Blue horn - I mean I should see SOME blue.... I don't see no steel blue. Phone cameras aren't that damn bad.

I dunno, GP. One of the two sides of that helmet should be showing a Steel Blue horn. I don't see no steel blue. Phone cameras aren't that damn bad.

Nope. Our helmet has the red horn always to the front of the helmet.

You can't see the blue horn because it's too far back on the curvature of the helmet.

houston+texans+helmet.jpg

Houston-Texans-Helmet.jpg

In addition, the logo is outlined with a white stroke, which is seen on the Watt helmet in this photo. So that checks out, as well.

Look at the Texans logo on the locker tag behind Watt's left shoulder. It's supposed to be Steel Blue but it's really, really dark (black). Phone cameras have a tough time rendering the actual shades of colors that are darker, such as the red and the blue of our logo.

We could send this to ESPN's UniWatch staff, but they would be embarrassed that we didn't figure it out for ourselves.

I dunno, GP. One of the two sides of that helmet should be showing a Steel Blue horn - I mean I should see SOME blue.... I don't see no steel blue. Phone cameras aren't that damn bad.

I just looked at my Texans mini helmet and the front horn is red on both sides

Look over JJ Watt's right shoulder, the one hanging up in the locker two doors down from Watt's...look how black the helmet looks.

Phone camera tricks the eye, IMO.

181353_370995576298587_116270911771056_1054541_1841216892_n.jpg

JJ got to spend time with Bum

Yeah, this was mentioned in the OTA thread. Bum told Watt that the Texans would have a bullseye on their backs this season. Watt basically said, Let them come.

Houston Texans
Past and present pic: Former Oilers coach Bum Phillips chats with Texans coach Gary Kubiak during OTAs earlier this offseason at the Methodist Training Center.

389030_10150882362631314_677501623_n.jpg

Not facebook, but a Tweet from Barwin.

Looks like Cush is the spotter and he's not looking "smaller" than he has in the past in this pic.

Aw0k1fLCEAAwjZZ.jpg

Which guy? I can't tell who has his back to the camera or who's doing the board presses, but it looks like Cush is spotting.

Cool that they're doing board presses.

Here's the tweet from Barwin that accompanied the photo

Connor Barwin ‏@ConnorBarwin98

Getting after it this morning @JJWatt @briancushing56! ‪#BullsOnParade‬
LINK

Watt is lifting, Cush is spotting, third guy isn't unidentified and doesn't look like Barwin - could be Casey.

I don't remember ever seeing Casey with a tattoo. Not saying he couldn't get one, just sayin. Could be just a dude

Houston Texans
Create a Houston Texans flag design and you may win a trip to the 2012 NFL Kickoff in New York! Visit NFL.com/FanFlags to share your concept for a flag design that best represents the Houston Texans. Info: http://www.nfl.com/fanflags

That dude takes a bad photo. I'm sorry, he just does.

Like a stoned Gomer Pyle. Push the siren buttons, Matt. Make it sing.

That dude takes a bad photo. I'm sorry, he just does.

Like a stoned Gomer Pyle. Push the siren buttons, Matt. Make it sing.

Please don't make him do anything physical. Our luck he goes to push the button and he breaks his finger.

Please don't make him do anything physical. Our luck he goes to push the button and he breaks his finger.

Matt: "Can I slide down the fireman's pole?"

Fireman: "Sure."

Matt: "Wheeeee!....."

CRACK!

Matt: "Ow! My foot!"

:TexansLuck:

Matt: "Can I slide down the fireman's pole?"

Fireman: "Sure."

Matt: "Wheeeee!....."

CRACK!

Matt: "Ow! My foot!"

:TexansLuck:

That is ****ing jacked up............. Funny though! Would'nt be funny, ironic and completely sardonic, if Fat Albert was "Fireman #3"??? SML!

:facepalm:

That is ****ing jacked up............. Funny though! Would'nt be funny, ironic and completely sardonic, if Fat Albert was "Fireman #3"??? SML!

:facepalm:

July 28.

11 days until training camp.

11 days and we have real things to talk about. 11.

Back