Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Easterby’s Takeover complete..Watson wants out

can we get back on GOD-JACK thats his new name btw

on isnt it kinda amazing on how he gain so much power !!!! whats next for godjack the only position left to take is Owner !!!!

im seriously starting to be concern for Cals mcnairs well being maybe he is under some sort of spell from godjack

im not it prob wont happen but once watson leaves godjack should be fired has well .... because his culture sucks

and btw looking how this is playing out was King bill a martyr ..???? he had all the power but then jack took it from him and he got fired maybe kingbill was fighting cal and jack and well he lost

tenor.gif

So you like a player who is only worried about what they want?

Please, let us know how that is going to make a team great. I hear the term selfless used to describe the great players like:
Rice
Montana
Brady
Rogers
JJ
Brees...

Not the term selfish

So you like a player who is only worried about what they want?

Please, let us know how that is going to make a team great. I hear the term selfless used to describe the great players like:
Rice
Montana
Brady
Rogers
JJ
Brees...

Not the term selfish
He's not selfish but if you believe he is sure, I'm not gonna be the one to argue with you as your track record has indicated how you feel about him.

He's not selfish but if you believe he is sure, I'm not gonna be the one to argue with you as your track record has indicated how you feel about him.

He isn't? Read this, then think what is going on? He didn't get what he wants so he is gone. What is taking your ball and going home? Explain it or retract it because if you can not show he isn't yet others can show he is... your response is invalid.
This is what Watson said after signing his deal. He was fine with everything going on at this point. Or was he only happy about the money? The money he may not make now. Note that bold and underlined part, apparently a lie?

After Watson signed his contract extension last year, he was emotional as he discussed how happy he was to commit to the franchise and the city.

"It's just an amazing moment for me to be able to extend my career in a location, in a place, in a home, I would say, that my family loves, that I love," Watson said in September. "I want to continue to dive into the community most of all and just continue to build my legacy, just build our legacy as a whole and do something that we've never done before."

He isn't? Read this, then think what is going on? He didn't get what he wants so he is gone. What is taking your ball and going home? Explain it or retract it because if you can not show he isn't yet others can show he is... your response is invalid.
This is what Watson said after signing his deal. He was fine with everything going on at this point. Or was he only happy about the money? The money he may not make now.

After Watson signed his contract extension last year, he was emotional as he discussed how happy he was to commit to the franchise and the city.

"It's just an amazing moment for me to be able to extend my career in a location, in a place, in a home, I would say, that my family loves, that I love," Watson said in September. "I want to continue to dive into the community most of all and just continue to build my legacy, just build our legacy as a whole and do something that we've never done before."

He loves the city of Houston? This is merely a issue he has with Cal and Pastor Boy. Seems A LOT of people involved with the Texans have a issue with them. so having a issue with someone makes you selfish? Lol you know you sound like a clown right now right?

With that being said you got it fam lol. He’s selfish sure bro.

He loves the city of Houston? This is merely a issue he has with Cal and Pastor Boy. Seems A LOT of people involved with the Texans have a issue with them. so having a issue with someone makes you selfish? Lol you know you sound like a clown right now right?

So he has a problem with his boss. The one that signs his paycheck. That's very adult of him. Do you hear anything from anyone else? No, because they are going to suit up and play even if we were the coaches.

Again, do you have proof that he is not acting selfish? JJ is not 100% loving everything but he is being a team leader and not saying stupid things. Even when asked. He only jokingly said he went to Hawaii and maybe he should have stayed on Falons show.

some people have that mindset " I dont like my supervisor or manager" but they deal with it they have to stay the dont got options like watson

i think thats the difference watson has options ...and some other people in other fields of work well dont

some people have that mindset " I dont like my supervisor or manager" but they deal with it they have to stay the dont got options like watson

i think thats the difference watson has options ...and some other people in other fields of work well dont

Not really. They can get 650k for each missed pre season game, 50k a day for training camp days... It doesn't say what's the fine rate for regular season games and the season... Plus, they can make him sit and fine him. Pretty much they can force him to retire (they get 21mil) and he gets only what he has made.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. As much as I DO NOT like Easterby. I have seen enough of Watson now to see that he is a me first guy. Which is fine in life, but not in sports. You are always tring to make others better. Look at JJ, he is always looking for ways to help the other players... even offense.
Yeah that bus ride to Jacksonville totally me first.

Not really. They can get 650k for each missed pre season game, 50k a day for training camp days... It doesn't say what's the fine rate for regular season games and the season... Plus, they can make him sit and fine him. Pretty much they can force him to retire (they get 21mil) and he gets only what he has made.

i know there is two routes the texans can go trade or hold watson in jail.... thats not what i was talking about

You can't compare your own miserable life in a job you hate to the perks of being a upper level pro athlete its not comparable at all and if he wants out you aren't going to change his mind.

They sucked with him and if you keep him they will probably suck for the next 2-3 yrs while they reshape this roster and get out of cap hell.

You have to get a top 5 selection in the deal if none of those teams want to make a deal then you probably won't get a QB replacement and you are really rolling the dice that you are bad enough to get one next year.

The best we can hope for is they get a major haul like 3 first 2 seconds or a defensive starter in the deal that gives them a jump start on rebuilding this roster. They need to get rid of as many of these bad contracts as possible and don't give out a lot of multiyear deals until they get the talent back where it should be there is no reason to toss out money to finish 8-8 at best that does nothing for the franchise long term.

this is going to be a intresting year to watch esp if we tank

i remember in the Kubes era we would have a hard time even trying to tank because even our b and C team ended up beating some good teams like the titans and jags and when yates went on his run beating alot of teams

Gotta hope for a bidding war now. I'd really like to see him moved before the draft with compensation that includes this years draft picks.
For what? Even if we got 4 first rounders, and 3 2nd rounders for Watson do we really expect all those 1st and second round players to bring a trophy to this city under such a lousy coaching staff? I see 5-6 years of 4-12, 2-14, or even 0-16 seasons in this franchise’s future.

i know there is two routes the texans can go trade or hold watson in jail.... thats not what i was talking about
We’re not even at that point yet. I’m sure it’s over, I believe Watson has made up his mind.

But the Texans are still going to try to convince him to stay. Culley, Pep, & Kelly, even McCown are an olive branch.

Unprecedented; what's the last time a qb in their prime wanted out from a team this bad?
When was the last time that a quarterback of Watson's caliber had the possibility of going to New York where his brand would explode and his girlfriend could become a model? My memory is foggy but I believe there was a basketball star whose girlfriend was into modeling and was trying to push him in that NYC area.

What am I missing here? The tweet says that the trade request was weeks ago. Didn't we already know this? How else was he going to get out if not by trade? Watson had already said that it didn't matter who the coaching hire was - his mind was made up that he wanted out. What's new?
no one believed Watson's tweets. Remember all the suggestions that Watson was talking about a racial and police incident? Most were trying to deflect not only what he was saying but how each tweet was directly pointing to the Houston Texans.

I want out too. But I stayed in a marriage 10 years past its expiration date so I can hold on a little longer here too.
I've never seen something so mismanaged by any front office.
Any idea what a trade package would look like. Jamal Adams went for 2 1s. Watson should net at least 3 or 4 right?
We have threads already discussing what trade could look like. Interested in your comments

No player with an ounce of talent will want to come here now
Those who like money will. This morning ND Kalu on the radio with saying just that. He gave Example of a player going to Detroit. Kalu said who wants to play in Detroit but Money Talks. There is already information posted that the salary cap will probably not be as Reduced as initially thought. I think there will be free agents brought in

OK -- found the answer.

Not sure why it took the Culley hire to find out the official request was made weeks ago. It notes Watson willing to waive his no trade clause which is news to me.

DW has offered to waive for Miami and his agent seems to be guiding him to New York Jets.

I’m probably misrepresenting Watson.

The Texans being a mediocre at best franchise is probably not the reason he wants out. Sounds like he has issues with management that may go beyond the football field.

Im thinking this is not completely football related and there’s some social issues going on in the Texans organization.

So that would explain why he’s ok with going to other bad football teams.
That and probably millions of more dollars in New York City...

No matter how deeply the Texans sink into the muck, I will continue to at least lurk on this board, hoovering and waiting for TexasPenguin to post something so I can dislike the hell out of it. I am that petty.

Just kidding!
So ...Banned2021?

Hopefully this time it includes fire.

View attachment 7609

Not gonna' lie, I hope fans run this franchise out of the city with its tail between its legs. As much as folks hate Bud Adams, HE WAS NEVER THIS STUPID!!

I've got a bunch of Texans merch I'm about to put up for sale, including a nice stained glass logo that I made years ago. I'll keep my military tribute JJ Watt jersey (and my custom jerseys because nobody would buy them), but everything else that I've accumulated over the years will be up for grabs, including all my tailgating gear.

I just can't anymore. Loyalty "just because" is mindless to me. There is no entertainment value in misplacing hope with a terribly run organization that only cares about money and some bizarre cult-of-personality culture BS.

I'll stick around here for the friends I've made and to help ridicule them into eternity, at least until Hookem shuts it all down from disgust.

There is still a place for you here. Visit "i quit" #278 and your path will become clear. You still have much to do...

Yeah that bus ride to Jacksonville totally me first.

Same silly argument. First he was paid extremely well to take that bus, don’t know about you but when my work sent me out of state they certainly didn’t charter a bus, he’ll sometimes they didn’t even pay extra. Second let’s be clear by bus they didn’t mean he hopped on a grey hound they had him in one of those house on wheels huge RVs. Frankly it might have been better than a plane as he had a driver so all he had to do was kick back and relax the whole trip.

“It was smooth,” Watson said, per ESPN’s Sarah Barshop. “We just kind of hung out. Watched the film, recovery stuff, played a game, watched TV, slept. Stopped and got something to eat. That was pretty much it.”
Teammate J.J. Watt sounded jealous and threatened to join Watson on the return trip after the Texans' 20-7 win over the Jaguars.

“It’s a tour bus. I’m sure he had some good food. Probably a bed you could lay down and sleep in,” Watt said. “Meanwhile, we were stuck in coach seats on an airplane. I may see if I can hop in on the way back with him. See if he can ice up some beer and have a good time.”

Now can we please stop with praising him for “taking a bus”.

Watson took the bus to make it to the game in Jacksonville. Great. That was years ago now.

Before he got infected by the bug.

Unless he was just faking being a team/resilient/whatever guy then. Or maybe his head and ego got big since then and has had bad people in his ear and he's changed his personality. Whatever it is, a bus ride whenever it was has been overshadowed by actions since. Or more specifically since I didn't know he was such a little *****---actions during this saga.

But I know how this gonna go. Since we already have the villain established and in our sights, we'll never be able to assess any blame to anyone else even when they deserve it too. Hint: Deshaun deserves it too. He did absolutely nothing to assuage the swirling sentiments and rumors and whatever else and actively exacerbated them and is taking his ball and going to Chicago or Miami or NY or wherever the **** where they supposedly care more about what the Texans supposedly don't care about. If he wants to go to Portland and be a front line rioter or if he wants to go to the NBA so he can hold his employers hostage or wear stupid slogans on jerseys while simultaneously taking it in the butt from Xi, then be my guest.

Kiss my ass with this ****.

Guy gets nothing from me anymore. And I actually learned about him during his pro career because I don't watch college football so I never had any preconceived notions about him. I read that he was a great leader, a winner, a gamer. Highest of high character and whatnot. For a while I saw it so I loved it. Finally, you know? Great!

BUT I'm not going to bend over backwards to defend the indefensible. His conduct has been anything but over the last few weeks. And it's either the real him or the fake him and either way it's a problem. This team has done jack **** in the last 7 years to make me feel any love for basically anyone or anything about it and the QB's talent level is not enough to get me to change that sentiment especially considering all the evidence. He and anyone else going to the mat for this **** can go scratch.

Last edited:
Guy gets nothing from me anymore. And I actually learned about him during his pro career because I don't watch college football so I never had any preconceived notions about him. I read that he was a great leader, a winner, a gamer. Highest of high character and whatnot. For a while I saw it so I loved it. Finally, you know? Great!

Glad he knows who you are and cares what you think lol.

Like it or not, Easterby has added to the calamity on Kirby. He needs to go, any person taking this kind of heat from those inside and outside the organization should realize that their presence is not beneficial to that organization. But I'm sure two things are keeping him around, the ownership and $$$. Cal runs the team but I'm sure Janice is aware of all the poop going on. They want Jack here so he is here and he is probably doing exactly what they want or like.

Watson took the bus to make it to the game in Jacksonville. Great. That was years ago now.

Before he got infected by the bug.

Unless he was just faking being a team/resilient/whatever guy then. Or maybe his head and ego got big since then and has had bad people in his ear and he's changed his personality. Whatever it is, a bus ride whenever it was has been overshadowed by actions since. Or more specifically since I didn't know he was such a little *****---actions during this saga.

But I know how this gonna go. Since we already have the villain established and in our sights, we'll never be able to assess any blame to anyone else even when they deserve it too. Hint: Deshaun deserves it too. He did absolutely nothing to assuage the swirling sentiments and rumors and whatever else and actively exacerbated them and is taking his ball and going to Chicago or Miami or NY or wherever the **** where they supposedly care more about what the Texans supposedly don't care about. If he wants to go to Portland and be a front line rioter or if he wants to go to the NBA so he can hold his employers hostage or wear stupid slogans on jerseys while simultaneously taking it in the butt from Xi, then be my guest.

Kiss my ass with this ****.

BUT I'm not going to bend over backwards to defend the indefensible. His conduct has been anything but over the last few weeks. And it's either the real him or the fake him and either way it's a problem. This team has done jack **** in the last 7 years to make me feel any love for basically anyone or anything about it and the QB's talent level is not enough to get me to change that sentiment especially considering all the evidence. He and anyone else going to the mat for this **** can go scratch.

Great rant

They've done nothing since the team was formed then. Because they gone as far in the last 7 years as they ever gone in franchise history.

Like it or not, Easterby has added to the calamity on Kirby. He needs to go, any person taking this kind of heat from those inside and outside the organization should realize that their presence is not beneficial to that organization. But I'm sure two things are keeping him around, the ownership and $$$. Cal runs the team but I'm sure Janice is aware of all the poop going on. They want Jack here so he is here and he is probably doing exactly what they want or like.

An uncomfortable truth for some.

Trading DW4 will save them alot of money.

Whatever that is. Both Cal and Nick had the opportunity to discuss all the things Jack does for the organization but failed to do so.

DOuble J Jesus Jack is undefeated he is the last man standing

we are now in the JJ era only thing left to do now is gain 100% ownership of the texans ...were do we go from here ..????

Those who wanted draft picks and rebuild should be happy with each passing day. Lets go 0-16 and get it over with

First post here and a Jets fan. You don't have to go 0-16 next year for picks. Trade with the Jets and you can rebuild as if you went 1-15, 2-14 last year. #2 pick, #23 pick, next year's #1 pick and you can pick Wilson or Fields and have a rookie QB contract. It will help you get out of a bad cap situation by adding a lot of young pieces. If Jets don't somehow get Watson, I think Wilson is going to be really good and wouldn't mind getting him. It's possible Darnold finally comes around too. If Watson won't play there anymore, that's the best option IMO. The Jets will still have plenty of FA money and other picks if they move Darnold to build around Watson even after the 3 #1s. We have loads of cap space (2nd highest) and several picks after the first round to get some good talent around him. Most likely two second rounders (trade Sam), two 3rd rounders and the rest.

Those who like money will. This morning ND Kalu on the radio with saying just that. He gave Example of a player going to Detroit. Kalu said who wants to play in Detroit but Money Talks. There is already information posted that the salary cap will probably not be as Reduced as initially thought. I think there will be free agents brought in

One thing the Texans don’t have right now is money, and no one is taking a pay cut once Deshaun leaves. Like the lions, Texans will have to pay a premium and that’s something that can’t afford.

First post here and a Jets fan. You don't have to go 0-16 next year for picks. Trade with the Jets and you can rebuild as if you went 1-15, 2-14 last year. #2 pick, #23 pick, next year's #1 pick and you can pick Wilson or Fields and have a rookie QB contract. It will help you get out of a bad cap situation by adding a lot of young pieces. If Jets don't somehow get Watson, I think Wilson is going to be really good and wouldn't mind getting him. It's possible Darnold finally comes around too. If Watson won't play there anymore, that's the best option IMO. The Jets will still have plenty of FA money and other picks if they move Darnold to build around Watson even after the 3 #1s. We have loads of cap space (2nd highest) and several picks after the first round to get some good talent around him. Most likely two second rounders (trade Sam), two 3rd rounders and the rest.
Any consensus up there on how fans feel about trading for Watson vs using #2 to draft a qb?

That money was already spent on the LT supposed to save him.

Like badboy just pointed out, the Texans will have to pay a premium to bring talent here now. They’ll eat any money they save on trading their franchise QB for a position player not nearly as important but still critical.

Back