Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it before when this came out…
Dude has been coddled all his football life because he’s been the best on the field 90% of the time. He always got “taken care of”.
Now he sounds like a little, whiny entitled jerk off. He can’t take the heat, get out the kitchen my man!
Problem is... we all know the kitchen is where a woman belongs.... if he wants to act like a whiney lady with sand in his/her privates... maybe the kitchen is the perfect place for Deshaundra Watson.

Dang, I was hoping to save my one a day woman in the kitchen joke for when I got home from work. Guess Ill be making my own sandwich tonight.

Some posters are more concerned about what can be gotten in trade for Derrick than what may or may not have happened with these women. Frankly this type of thinking makes me ill.
1. You can't read the hearts and minds of people through the internet.
2. No one here has any control of either situation.
3. There's plenty of things to be concerned with all over the world. Probably on your street. Let's chill with the phony dismay.

I think they've gotten their information mixed up. The Panthers sent an investigator to evaluate Watson's legal situation............this past mid Feb.
This was just a month ago. Could one extrapolate that DW4 waived his NTC for Carolina? Why else go to the time and expense if he did not?

This was just a month ago. Could one extrapolate that DW4 waived his NTC for Carolina? Why else go to the time and expense if he did not?
He has not yet waived his NTC for Carolina. But Carolina's owner put it out there that he would be willing to trade for Watson without any of legal issues settled. That would have been crazy in itself. But there was never a formal offer presented to the Texans for Watson to turn down.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And get off your soap box. It's too high, might cause nosebleed. And yeah, if you're going to openly question my character, I'm going to fire back.

In most cases I agree. In the case of Deshaun Watson's situation I don't 100%. Do I know for certain that he assaulted 22+ women? No. However, I do know that something is wrong with the situation and he is to blame. No chance that many women (some refused cash so not a money grab) accuse him of the same thing. In this case where you find smoke you find fire...at the least something smoldering

1. You can't read the hearts and minds of people through the internet.
2. No one here has any control of either situation.
3. There's plenty of things to be concerned with all over the world. Probably on your street. Let's chill with the phony dismay.
1. True
2. True
3. You need to practice your #1

If nothing else we can infer that Carolina's investigation team did not find anything too concerning, since they have not publicly stated they are out as other teams have

Same with the Eagles

If nothing else we can infer that Carolina's investigation team did not find anything too concerning, since they have not publicly stated they are out as other teams have

Same with the Eagles
I woudn't be putting any stock into what you are hearing about the Panthers. Back in Dec 2021 (before their alleged "investigation"), word was put out that they would be willing to pull the trigger without any settling of the civil and criminal issues. No formal offers were ever made.

The Eagles' "investigation" occurred mid 2021, and recently they have related that they would not be interested in Watson no matter the results of his legal issues are. They have made it clear now that Hurt is their QB.

Last edited:
The Eagles' "investigation" occurred mid 2021, and recently they have related that they would not be interested in Watson no matter the results of his legal issues are. They have made it clear now that Hurt is their QB.
That's news. Recent report was they were sending investigators. As in happening at that moment.

DW4 may have invoked his NTC and said no to Washington.

He won't be able to wield his NTC if he's playing on the Mean Machine. lol

A total team meltdown. Amazing how a certain few only focus is on Watson play. Lets not forget the terrible conservative play calling.

It's like blaming Warren Moon for the defense and team blowing a 33 point lead in less than a half of football. It's blinder vision at its finest.

What was left out of the above report>>>>>

Via Jonathan M. Alexander of the Charlotte Observer, the Panthers have been in contact with the Texans, and the Panthers have done their due diligence. However, a final decision has not yet been made.

Again, no formal offer.

……not statement that they’ve decided to go in another direction either.

Panthers could get him on the cheap if they’re willing to assume the risk. Might not be a bad thing if he misses a half a season or more during this process. Backup QB could be doing badly enough that fans will be screaming for Watson’s arrival while the FO is doing image cleanup before he hits the field.

Good point. There are so many things that was going on during that 51-7 run. The Deandre Carter fumble on the KOR when the Texans were up 24-14 and gave the Chiefs the ball inside the 20. On a 3rd down and goal, I saw 4 defenders around Kelcie and not one of them got in a passing lane while chasing Mahomes.

My point is there were so many things that went into losing that game, crowing about leadership and body language is looking for a scapegoat when the coaching, offense, defense and special teams all contributed to the loss.

View attachment 9825

A total team meltdown. Amazing how a certain few only focus is on Watson play. Lets not forget the terrible conservative play calling.
What do these posts
have to do with the thread topic?

I woudn't be putting any stock into what you are hearing about the Panthers. Back in Dec 2021 (before their alleged "investigation"), word was put out that they would be willing to pull the trigger without any settling of the civil and criminal issues. No formal offers were ever made.

Would not a wise negotiator wait until the last minute to make an offer to reduce costs?

As for Eagles, would they say anything to upset current roster including Jalen Hurts? We saw what happened after Stephen Ross stated that dolphins were no longer interested in Watson. Tua tagovailoa and his teammates turned it around almost making the play offs.

I am pretty sure that both the Seahawks and Russell Wilson stated that he would return to Seattle. Now reports are saying Seahawks were working on a deal for long time.

I think Watson would refuse to go to Seattle for the same reasons that Russell Wilson wanted out.

Let’s pretend the guy is cleared of everything or settles it:

Eventually he has to agree to play somewhere to get paid. He can’t tell the Texans no to all of the trades and still not play.

And I am not saying you are saying anything to the contrary. Just hijacking your post.

In my opinion, if the Grand Jury no bills Watson, the Texans could start receiving offers for him almost immediately. Once the criminal charges are dismissed, the civil cases should be settled rather quickly. And, the trading team might be willing to pick up the cost of the civil cases to keep their new franchise QB from worrying about anything but football. I have no clue what ACTUALLY happened & I don't trust the media (or Buzzbee) any further than I can throw them. I just want this to end & for Watson to go play in another city, while allowing the Texans to recoup some of their investment so that Caserio can continue rebuilding what Obrien screwed up.

Finally, I hope his not being charged is legit and not just cause of his status... I'm not for a guilty man being let off cause of who he is, nor am I one that wants to see the man go down just cause I dont like him.

Am glad we can finally flush this piece of crap somewhere else and hopefully get a good ransom for flushing him.

Never thought years ago I would have such a dislike of our QB ... but.. he did all the right things to make it happen

Bye Felicia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back