Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This draft is deep and we need all the picks we can get
The Texans should get a nice haul from a Watson deal. But, it will be spread out over as many as 3 years. I wouldn't expect more than a couple of picks this year.

Of course, Caserio could turn those picks into additional picks. Once a deal is finally done, the Texans will have much more flexibility.

Nick, you're on the clock.

nfl-draft-01282020-getty-ftrjpg_w0uyz9xdarjn1t8zma484y5gd.jpg

But if you’re a player and you place a bet on the games. You will get suspended right then and there.

And if you're an owner offering money to a coach for losing games on purpose. . .LOOK, A SQUIRREL! lol

What’s taking Nick the Quick so long. He should’ve traded him as soon as the news broke. Oh dang Watson has that NTC card in his back pocket.

I'd imagine Nick is on the phone right now with three more calls on hold waiting for him. At least that's what I'm hoping is happening right this second.

I'm going to assume that Watson will be less picky with that NTC just to gtfo of H-town as quickly as possible. He'd be pretty dumb to dismiss any team that's interested in him at this point.

The Texans should get a nice haul from a Watson deal. But, it will be spread out over as many as 3 years. I wouldn't expect more than a couple of picks this year.

Of course, Caserio could turn those picks into additional picks. Once a deal is finally done, the Texans will have much more flexibility.

Nick, you're on the clock.

nfl-draft-01282020-getty-ftrjpg_w0uyz9xdarjn1t8zma484y5gd.jpg
Even if we only get one first this year (not counting any other picks), having two firsts in the top ten will allow us to trade one of those and perhaps score another!
Example - Seahawks trade for Watson and we get #9 this year, Caserio could trade #3 to say Philly who want to get their QB at #3, and we get #15 & #16.
Having #9, #15 & #16 in this draft would allow us to grab some primo prospects.

Even if we only get one first this year (not counting any other picks), having two firsts in the top ten will allow us to trade one of those and perhaps score another!
Example - Seahawks trade for Watson and we get #9 this year, Caserio could trade #3 to say Philly who want to get their QB at #3, and we get #15 & #16.
Having #9, #15 & #16 in this draft would allow us to grab some primo prospects.
Yes sir Nick will have to work his magic. This scenario would allow us to get 3 top notch players. Hopefully he traded Tunsil to the Bengals for their first round pick (31).

I would get a LT (9), DE (15), WR (16) and a CB (31). And with our second round pick ( 35) RB.

Lot of folks here with egg on their faces. Looks good on 'em.

Meanwhile, lets all give Deshaun our best wishes for the future. Maybe he's not the gross pathetic deformed unearthly monster so endlessly characterized here and elsewhere.

Who'd of thunk it.
He showed me his moral character BEFORE the cases... innocent or not... Forget him.... the other F word would just excite him.

Yes sir Nick will have to work his magic. This scenario would allow us to get 3 top notch players. Hopefully he traded Tunsil to the Bengals for their first round pick (31).

I would get a LT (9), DE (15), WR (16) and a CB (31). And with our second round pick ( 35) RB.

Who do you have in mind for those specific positions at those specific spots?

I think the top 3 teams in play will be Seahawks, Panthers, and Bucs
Any team that isn't happy with their QB situation should be "in it".

I'm talking to you, New York Giants Football Team. And you, Minnesota Vikings. Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles, you need to get in on this. Arizona Cardinals, are you truly happy? Atlanta Falcons? Come on, man. Miami Dolphins, get real and get correct.

Any team that isn't happy with their QB situation should be "in it".

I'm talking to you, New York Giants Football Team. And you, Minnesota Vikings. Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles, you need to get in on this. Arizona Cardinals, are you truly happy? Atlanta Falcons? Come on, man. Miami Dolphins, get real and get correct.
Let the bidding begin, do I hear (4) 1st RD draft picks?

something tells me the Dolphins are going to jump back in real quick. I see dolphins as the number one destination. He wants to be in Miami which is huge with the NTC and he is a huge upgrade to Tua. Dolphins would be an immediate threat in the AFC East.

I’d like 3 firsts including one top 10 this year, and 3 more assets that are a combination of 2nds or solid starter second contract type guys. Have them throw us a couple extra 3rd or 4ths just because. Anything less and I don’t think we maxed our opportunity here. This is going to be our chance to really jump start this thing.

1. 2022 1-top 10
2. 2023 1
3. 2024 1
4. 2022 2 or above average stater
5. 2023 2 or above average starter
6. 2024 2 or above average starter
7. 2022 3 or 4 plus pick swap in the round they don’t trade to us
8. 2023 3 or 4 plus a pick swap in the round they don’t trade to us
9. 2024 3 or 4 plus a pick swap in the round they don’t trade us

When was the last time a top 10 QB was available in his 20s? We need a HUGE HAUL! I think Carolina is the hope here since Watson could possibly want to go there and they have a top 10 pick this year. The 15 and 16 from Philly this year would be nice but not sure he’d go there. Stupid no trade clause hurts us for sure. BOB!!!!! Do I think the Texans will screw this up? Yes.

Last edited:
Lot of folks here with egg on their faces. Looks good on 'em.

Meanwhile, lets all give Deshaun our best wishes for the future. Maybe he's not the gross pathetic deformed unearthly monster so endlessly characterized here and elsewhere.

Who'd of thunk it.
I wonder why 22 takers didn't jump on Wilson, Mahomes, Dak, Zeke... bury your head if you wish. But this is not an aquital. This just says they don't have enough evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back