Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still suspect more than just a subscapularis "strain." MRI examination is widely accepted as the imaging modality of choice to detect of rotator cuff tears. However, just like ultrasonography, the detection rate of subscapularis tendon tear is much lower. In coronal images, the subscapularis tendon and muscle lie in the same anatomic plane, so subtle partial tears or even complete tears are difficult to assess and many times underestimated or missed. Most subscapularis injuries/tears are at the tendon (upper), not in the muscle. And MRI images can only detect upper third tears in 50% of cases.

Rest is the most important phase of rehab/recovery. Repetitive activities involving overhead arm movements, such as throwing, lifting, or reaching, can easily stress and restress the subscapularis tendon. They are trying to get Watson back to play as soon as possible. Now that he has sustained additional injury to the subscapularis tendon, rehab should essentially start over from the beginning.
That is unlikely to happen and history is likely to repeat itself.

Six weeks is what I would have recommended before return to practice. Watson returned in 3 weeks. The team or Watson is certainly not going to start from scratch now.

Watson was right when he said he didn't think his shoulder would be right this season. This is probably an astute observation, especially in light that he is likely to enjoy more hits to his shoulder and/or arm when he does return.

I do believe that Watson is injured. The practice and game film I watched are consistent with that. I don't believe the assessment of the injury type or extent has ever been presented honestly by the team or Watson. I find it curious that since his original medical clearance by the Browns medical staff, there has been no reversal of the clearance presented. Makes me give hard thought to non-medical entities "managing" the Browns' medical staff's decisions.

cb6778445e78b5fb12d2791850be5bad.jpg

I have to say that I don't believe the statement re. Watson's recent MRI.

Deshaun Watson out for Week 8, P.J. Walker will start
By Josh Alper
Published October 25, 2023 01:00 PM

An MRI taken on Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson’s right shoulder after he left last Sunday’s game in the first half reportedly showed no additional damage, but the existing damage is enough to keep him out this week.

Watson missed the previous two Browns games because of the shoulder injury and the team announced before Wednesday’s practice that Watson will not be participating. Head coach Kevin Stefanski announced a short time later that Watson will not play against the Seahawks.

Stefanski said that there is “residual swelling” from the hit that knocked Watson out last Sunday and that the belief is that rehab is the best course for the time being.

They also signed P.J. Walker to the 53-man roster on Wednesday because he was out of practice squad elevations and Stefanski announced that he will start.

With the Walker move, the Browns are forced to keep 3 QBs on the active roster...............and due to lack of residual capital, they are no longer in a position to seek a top tier QB.

There is no way that Stefanski or the medical staff did not see the same thing I saw in the practice clips throughout last week. They couldn't have possibly thought that his Sunday game play would miraculously be any different.

Browns face the reality about Deshaun Watson and do what is necessary? – Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Browns are 4-2 with a playoff caliber defense.
They also have a quarterback who is really hurt. Anyone who watched Deshaun Wartson could see he had very little arm strength last Sunday.

Deshaun Watson unsure how long shoulder injury will linger
Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff WriterOct 26, 2023, 12:38 PM ET

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson says he doesn't know when he'll be able to play again as he continues to rehabilitate his injured throwing shoulder.

He also admitted he doesn't know how long the injury is going to linger.

"Right now, we're not in a space where I should be out there," he said Thursday. "I'm trying to get to a percentage where I can go out there and be very, very beneficial for the team."

Watson has already been ruled out of this Sunday's game at the Seattle Seahawks with the rotator cuff strain to his right shoulder. After missing Cleveland's two previous games, Watson started this past Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts but left in the first quarter after taking a hit from defensive end Dayo Odeyingbo.

PJ Walker replaced Watson and later led the Browns on a game-winning drive in a 39-38 victory. Walker will start Sunday against the Seahawks.

"I thought I was ready," said Watson, who completed just 1 of 5 passes for 5 yards with an interception over his four series. "I wasn't ready. ... I just didn't have the strength and things like that to be able to go out there and play a full, complete game."

Watson is not practicing this week as he focuses on rehab instead. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday that an MRI revealed that Watson didn't reinjure the shoulder against the Colts but that there was "residual swelling that's affecting his throwing."

Watson has completed 61.7% of his passes this season for 683 yards and four touchdowns, with three interceptions. After trading for him last offseason, the Browns signed Watson to a new five-year deal worth a record $230 million fully guaranteed.

Watson reiterated Thursday that he won't need surgery on the shoulder. But he couldn't give a timeline on when he'll be able to start again for the Browns.

"As soon as possible," he said. "We just gotta go through the process again and rehab and get back with the docs and try to strengthen as much as possible and get the pain away and try to get back on the field as soon as possible."

Deshaun Watson unsure how long shoulder injury will linger
Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff WriterOct 26, 2023, 12:38 PM ET

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson says he doesn't know when he'll be able to play again as he continues to rehabilitate his injured throwing shoulder.

He also admitted he doesn't know how long the injury is going to linger.

"Right now, we're not in a space where I should be out there," he said Thursday. "I'm trying to get to a percentage where I can go out there and be very, very beneficial for the team."

Watson has already been ruled out of this Sunday's game at the Seattle Seahawks with the rotator cuff strain to his right shoulder. After missing Cleveland's two previous games, Watson started this past Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts but left in the first quarter after taking a hit from defensive end Dayo Odeyingbo.

PJ Walker replaced Watson and later led the Browns on a game-winning drive in a 39-38 victory. Walker will start Sunday against the Seahawks.

"I thought I was ready," said Watson, who completed just 1 of 5 passes for 5 yards with an interception over his four series. "I wasn't ready. ... I just didn't have the strength and things like that to be able to go out there and play a full, complete game."

Watson is not practicing this week as he focuses on rehab instead. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday that an MRI revealed that Watson didn't reinjure the shoulder against the Colts but that there was "residual swelling that's affecting his throwing."

Watson has completed 61.7% of his passes this season for 683 yards and four touchdowns, with three interceptions. After trading for him last offseason, the Browns signed Watson to a new five-year deal worth a record $230 million fully guaranteed.

Watson reiterated Thursday that he won't need surgery on the shoulder. But he couldn't give a timeline on when he'll be able to start again for the Browns.

"As soon as possible," he said. "We just gotta go through the process again and rehab and get back with the docs and try to strengthen as much as possible and get the pain away and try to get back on the field as soon as possible."

Watson should shut it down for the season and get healthy……that’s the biggest favor he could pay the Texans. I don’t think PJ will remain a solid game manager for the remainder of the season.

Jimmy Haslam after being asked what he thinks of his Watson trade now......

1698413090268.png

**************************************************************************************

NFL trade deadline: Deshaun Watson’s injury impacts Browns decisions
Rumors have been slow so far around the deadline but the Browns roster might not change much
By Jared Mueller@JaredKMueller Oct 27, 2023, 8:34am EDT

When it comes to Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson the answer to most questions are “We don’t know.”
  • How bad is his injury?
  • When can he return?
  • Will he ever be the guy he was in Houston?
  • Will he ever live up to the trade and contract?
We don’t know.

Based on Watson’s comments this week, it seems that he and the team don’t know much about the injury’s timeline. With the NFL trade deadline around the corner (Tuesday, October 31st), GM Andrew Berry might have difficult decisions.
AD

So far, NFL rumors have been minimal, not just about the Browns but around the league. There is an expectation that trades could happen, including with running backs, but we are unlikely to hear real rumors until Sunday night going into Monday.

For Berry, Watson’s injury muddies the waters of the NFL trade deadline.

If Watson as healthy, and playing even mediocre football, adding a running back, wide receiver and/or offensive lineman would make a ton of sense, for the right price. With no timetable for Watson’s return, and his poor performance most of the year (all but Week 3), it is likely that no move really moves the needle for the team.

Does trading away one of the few picks the team has in the first four rounds worth raising the team’s potential from “could make the playoffs” to “could make the playoffs” worth it?

With the play of the team’s defense, Cleveland could be in every game they play. With the playoff of the team’s offense, the ceiling for this Browns group is pretty clear as well.

Given the team’s limited draft capital next year (we get to stop saying that starting in 2025) and their limited cap space (that will be true for awhile longer), making a trade to barely impact the team’s playoff and championship odds seems fruitless. That doesn’t mean Berry shouldn’t swap a late-round pick to add a marginal talent but any meaningful trades will likely be impacted by how Watson is doing on Monday and early Tuesday of next week.

I do not think the Browns have any choice but to hope Watson gets healthy and plays out his contract. Horribly expensive to cut him or trade him. Seemingly, the only positive if they do, they will still eat the dead money but have an open roster spot. I wonder what they would trade for our round one? Perhaps Caserio could get something for Davis Mills from them?

I do not think the Browns have any choice but to hope Watson gets healthy and plays out his contract. Horribly expensive to cut him or trade him. Seemingly, the only positive if they do, they will still eat the dead money but have an open roster spot. I wonder what they would trade for our round one? Perhaps Caserio could get something for Davis Mills from them?

Myles Garrett!

Depending on how this year goes he could have already wasted 40% of his contract on top of missing the year before the trade. He will be 29 next year. Is there ANYTHING in his past that indicates he will return to a highly motivated love for the game and an humble respect for a team he originally crossed off of a trade destination? He’s not playing for money so what is his incentive? Finding an excuse to not play has no financial penalty. I just don’t see him being a team leader that motivates his teammates. If so, show me where in the past two years he’s been a teammate that commands respect. This guy can’t be salvaged.

Reactions: JB
I'm not a Watson fan but you need to bring evidence that he's buying anything.
You don’t get no billed on 9 charges in Harris County unless you dropped money somewhere. Besides, Rusty was extremely close to Kim Ogg (Having lunch with, amongst other things). You’ll find multiple people close to her, or acquainted with that office who have stated publicly on the record how corrupt it is, as she had a sexual assault offender working as an ADA in her office in which she tried to bury the story. Out of the 9 women women or so, the GJ only heard one. The Prosecutor only CALLED one to testify, and the detective over the case also stated he should have been charged and was dumbfounded as to why he wasn’t.

Also, take a look here to see just how Kim Ogg treats SA cases……The prosecutor who declined charges against Watson, actually RESIGNED due to workplace environment……

There is no real justice in Harris County.

You don’t get no billed on 9 charges in Harris County unless you dropped money somewhere. Besides, Rusty was extremely close to Kim Ogg (Having lunch with, amongst other things). You’ll find multiple people close to her, or acquainted with that office who have stated publicly on the record how corrupt it is, as she had a sexual assault offender working as an ADA in her office in which she tried to bury the story. Out of the 9 women women or so, the GJ only heard one. The Prosecutor only CALLED one to testify, and the detective over the case also stated he should have been charged and was dumbfounded as to why he wasn’t.
Yep, you said all that back then and while I agree as with indictment, there is nothing saying he paid his way out. So far, Ogg and prosecutor bee bopping.

Also, take a look here to see just how Kim Ogg treats SA cases……The prosecutor who declined charges against Watson, actually RESIGNED due to workplace environment……

There is no real justice in Harris County.
Agree 100 percent but she seems to keep getting away with it. Hasn't she been under investigation for years?

With today's Browns loss to Seattle, Watson will be under greater pressure now to get back. I doubt he handles that stress well. The team says they do not expect him to be placed on short-term IR since they expect him back in a week or two. No way does he play in a week. With his shoulder still reportedly still demonstrating significant swelling, two weeks is a push. No matter what, he is likely to have residual problems with the shoulder for at least the rest of the season. He will need to change his style of play or opt to be protected in total bubble wrap instead of simply with a shoulder harness. Any further trauma to that shoulder this season will make his fate unpredictable.

I have to wonder if Caserio could pull another rabbit out of his out by going to the well twice? Could he convince the Browns and Haslam to take Mills off our hands for nominal sum? Hey he's still on his RD3 rookie contract.

I have to wonder if Caserio could pull another rabbit out of his out by going to the well twice? Could he convince the Browns and Haslam to take Mills off our hands for nominal sum? Hey he's still on his RD3 rookie contract.
Why would they? If I were the Browns I'm all in on the Pj Walker project through the rest of the year.

Right. Back then he listened to his coaches, now it's as if he believes he's calling the shots.
That's because he is. He was publically given unprecedented control of the offense..........and with his salary being guaranteed no matter how he acts or how his control is working or not working for the team (which it isn't), the front office and coaches are forced to join in on his rehab............

jack-nicholson-masturbate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back