Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite clearing concussion protocol, Watson appeared to have lingering affects from the hit. He grabbed his right shoulder after being hit, had difficulty lifting his right arm and did not attempt a pass on the sideline.
link

It's humorous to have listened to the post game comments. Stefanski didn't want to address if Watson had re-injured his shoulder, but said that Watson would be starting against Seattle.......at the same time, Watson said he wasn't sure if he re-injured his shoulder and wasn't sure if he would be starting next game.

Here is a shot of Watson while still on the ground after his head hit the turf attending to his braced shoulder.

1698019933019.png

I also wouldn't be surprised if due to late delayed symptoms after his hard head hit, that he ends up in the Concussion Protocol. That play could certainly have caused BOTH a shoulder injury AND a concussion. Time will tell. But don't expect to get the truth about much of anything from the Browns or Watson.

If Stefanski is so positive Watson will start next week, why didn't Watson get back in the game?

I mean if it was a concussion, Stefanski doesn't know when/if Watson will clear protocol.

If it was any injury, to where Stefanski can say, "He'll start next week." Sounds like Stefanski has no control whatsoever
I feel sorry for Stefanski.. The man should have a Excedrin Migraine sponsorship deal by now.

I found another angle of the play that Watson was injured in. He not only fell hard on the back of his right shoulder, but also took a direct hard hit to the front of his shoulder on that play..........apparently a double whammy to that rotator cuff.

The zebras gave the Browns the game. That last PI penalty ............"arguably" uncatchable???................no way was that pass was catchable. :toropalm:

Colts rue late penalties that keyed Browns' dramatic win
Stephen Holder, ESPN
Oct 22, 2023, 07:40 PM ET

INDIANAPOLIS -- A pair of controversial officiating calls in the final minute of Sunday's Browns-Colts matchup helped set up Cleveland's dramatic 39-38 victory and left Indianapolis wondering aloud whether they'd been wronged.

Cornerback Darrell Baker Jr. was on the unfortunate end of an illegal-contact penalty and, shortly after, a defensive pass-interference call that put the ball at the 1-yard line and set up the winning touchdown. The illegal-contact call negated a would-be sack-fumble by Colts linebacker E.J. Speed that was recovered by Indianapolis defensive tackle DeForest Buckner.

The play would have, effectively, ended the game.

The interference call came in the end zone on a pass that was high and, arguably, uncatchable.

The penalties were drawn by receivers Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones, respectively.
"I don't agree with the penalties at all," Baker said. "When those balls are uncatchable, they usually throw those flags out. Especially when they're initiating the contact with the cornerback. You can put hands on him as long as you're looking for the ball. I'm not impeding their [progress]. I don't know what else I could do better on that."

On the interference call, which occurred along the back line of the end zone, Baker added, "I know [People-Jones] initiated contact with me. And then I saw the ball in the air so if we're both hand fighting, that's all right. And we're both looking for the ball. So, I definitely don't see a reason why it's pass interference."

"[The penalties were] a dagger because you've seen how the defense has played and you've seen the fight and all that they've given," he said. "The best thing you can do is to not let the refs get involved in the game."

A fan is merely a fanatic. It has definitionally nothing to do with like or dislike.
Not true at all..

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
If you are a fan of someone or something, especially a famous person or a sport, you like them very much and are very interested in them.
If you're a Billy Crystal fan, you'll love this movie.
I am a great fan of rave music.
Synonyms: supporter, lover, follower, enthusiast More Synonyms of fan

Ok, yes true at all..

fa·nat·ic
/fəˈnadik/

noun

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
"religious fanatics"

: a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity

The first is oxford dictionary, the second is merriam webster.

also..

The word fanatic comes from the Latin word fanaticus which means "made wild or mad by the gods". It comes from the word fanum which means "religious building"

It's like Time magazine Person of the Year. It's not about the most uplifting, positive person or the mvp of people. It's about the most impactful. Hitler won one year. He was a near unanimous douchebag.

Someone can absolutely be fanatical about something they don't necessarily find positive or uplifting. It's a matter of zeal, enthusiasm, effort, or in some cases madness.

A fan is merely a fanatic. It has definitionally nothing to do with like or dislike.

I am not master of the English language, but you are closer to being wrong than right.

- a person who likes and admires someone (such as a famous person) or something (such as a sport or a sports team) in a very enthusiastic way

- a person who admires somebody/something or enjoys watching or listening to somebody/something very much

- an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

- someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team, etc.:

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.:

A fan or fanatic, sometimes also termed an aficionado or enthusiast, is a person who exhibits strong interest or admiration for something or somebody, such as a celebrity, a sport, a sports team, a genre, a politician, a book, a movie, a video game or an entertainer.

Ok, yes true at all..

fa·nat·ic
/fəˈnadik/

noun

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
"religious fanatics"

: a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity

The first is oxford dictionary, the second is merriam webster.

also..

The word fanatic comes from the Latin word fanaticus which means "made wild or mad by the gods". It comes from the word fanum which means "religious building"

It's like Time magazine Person of the Year. It's not about the most uplifting, positive person or the mvp of people. It's about the most impactful. Hitler won one year. He was a near unanimous douchebag.

Someone can absolutely be fanatical about something they don't necessarily find positive or uplifting. It's a matter of zeal, enthusiasm, effort, or in some cases madness.

Fanatic is not the same as fan. That is why the words have two different definitions.

‘I’m praying that it wasn’t anything worse’: Deshaun Watson transcript after Browns’ win over the Colts
Published: Oct. 23, 2023, 11:46 a.m.
By Irie Harris, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson took questions from reporters after leaving the game early with only one completion out of five pass attempts for one interception, during the 39-38 win over the Colts on Sunday.

Below is the transcript as provided by the Colts media relations department:

With you not going back in the game, and the conversation you had with Kevin Stefanski, what’s going on there?

“Just a medical decision with the staff and everyone that is a part of making that decision. They felt like the decision was best to let P.J. (Walker) go in, finish the game and make sure it benefits the team.”

Did you feel like you aggravated the shoulder any worse?

“I’m not sure, we will figure that out tomorrow.”

Did you try to throw at all after that?

“No, I didn’t. Once he told me that, the decision was pretty much made.”

Will you have an MRI tomorrow to kind of look at the shoulder again and make sure everything is, okay?

“I’m not even sure. I know once I go in tomorrow, whatever protocols we have I am just going to follow the protocols and go from there.”

Were you hit on the shoulder?

“Yes sir.”

Before that happened, it looked like you had a slow start, do you think that was just from two weeks off?

“I mean, it was only five passes. One was a screen, a deep ball that got picked off, another one was a check down, and the other one I got hit. So, if you want to go ahead and consider that a slow start, it’s four quarters. I don’t think anyone can take two or three seriously and make that a slow start, you got to play 60 minutes.”

Did you push back on him keeping you on the sidelines, did you really want to go back out and continue to play the game?

“Of course, I want to compete – I’m a competitor. I want to go out there and try to help the team as much as possible and go out there and play, perform and compete. But the decision was best for the team and they felt that was the best. P.J. (Walker) did a great job of finishing the game and everyone else did a heck of a job getting the win.”

Was there any point during the play, then you rolled out to your left and tried to throw, did you know you tried to put yourself in jeopardy?

“No, I wasn’t thinking that. Like I have told the media before - when I step out on the field, I don’t want to have anything holding me back and be handicapped. We had a great week of preparation and we felt that it was the best opportunity for me to come back this week and I just wasn’t able to finish the game. That’s pretty much how it went.”

Do you expect the start in Seattle?

“I’m not sure we’ll see.”

You used the term "fan club", and that is clearly defined by Merriam-Webster as a group that likes and supports someone/something.

This is a Haters Club. Your snark fell flat here.

This article is what this thread is about:

Deshaun Watson is the worst trade in NFL history

Up to this point there was seemingly nothing that could compare to the 1989 Herschel Walker trade. That’s when Minnesota, in their eternal football desperation, gave up five players, a host of draft picks for their “missing piece” in Walker, only to fail — and arguably help the Cowboys forge their early-90s dynasty with picks that resulted in Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland.

Now there’s a chance the Deshaun Watson trade could be even worse. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Full Article

You could tell by the couple of throws I saw that he can't really put anything on the ball. Even the int that was ruled incomplete looked wounded.
All the clips I have found of Watson's practice today were unimpressive passes of ~10 yds. When a rotator cuff is affecting a passer, it does not allow him to easily raise his upper arm above his shoulder, as demonstrated here This pass also was closer to a duck than one with a zip.

His in-game injury certainly didn't help his already limited ability to perform.

As of 40 minutes ago, Stefanski told the press that he had not gotten the MRI report. MRI's, especially for elite athletes, are usually scheduled in the morning........more than plenty of time to be read and returned. Makes me lean to thinking, the news may not be so good.

It's 9 PM Cleveland time............It takes me ~15 minutes to read this type of MRI. The Browns medical team, Stefanski and Watson (and even Haslam) definitely know the results of today's MRI. No matter what we get for public consumption tomorrow, the result must not be favorable. It takes time to put lipstick on a pig. :tiphat:

It's ~24 hours following Watson's MRI............and still no results. If it were results were favorable, we would have heard about it yesterday. It would not surprise me if the next thing we hear is that Watson has found his way onto IR.

I'm going to say it now, for the record.

That Cleveland defense is scary. Pj Walker just needs to cut down on the mistakes & that team is going to win a lot of games.
Kudos to a very good Browns defense led by the best defensive player in 2023. But they're not the 85 Bears. Minshew had them beat last Sunday.

On the other hand, the Browns offense has looked functional in one of six games thus far. Be it Watson or the backups behind center. And I don't see the mistakes ending soon, as the Browns are -6 in turnovers despite the defense's success.

5-6, 6-5 the reminder of the season is their ceiling. And things could go downhill faster if their high priced QB can't stay on the field.

Browns starting RB Jerome Ford went down Sunday with an ankle injury for which they predict only 1-2 missed games.............from video review, this was not a low ankle sprain............he was blessed with a high ankle sprain..........even a low grade sprain may likely keep him out 3-4 weeks or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back