Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans. Noon. 12/22. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

There was a lot of "fresh" Bronocs gear on some fans today and when I say fresh, I mean bandwagon and there was a ton of Broncos fans in the stands today.

See, I knew we could get to 14 pages if we tried hard enough. Good thing Schaub wasn't posting in here.

Agreed about his history. But *today*, it's time to give credit where it was due -- and today, Romo, bad right leg and all so he could barely scramble in the 4th quarter, gutted one out and took the team on his back in their final drive. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Why are we talking about Tony Romo and the Cowboys? Screw them. They get no credit.

13 friggin' losses in a row- has there ever been a bigger collapse by a team with as high expectations going into a season as this? I don't just mean football either.

13 friggin' losses in a row- has there ever been a bigger collapse by a team with as high expectations going into a season as this? I don't just mean football either.

I hope by team expectations you mean McNair and The Voice.

My Kindle died on me, and I got my replacement yesterday, which was also dead. I wonder if Kubiak went to work for Amazon.

I can't think of any. In terms of expectations, this may be the worst season in sports history.

it's a houston tradition, to suck and disappoint when expectations are high.
remember the oilers?

it's a houston tradition, to suck and disappoint when expectations are high.
remember the oilers?

Yes I do...but I think this beats anything the Oilers did...at least they made the playoffs seven years in a row...didn't do anything with it, but at least they were there...the Texans give hope for two years, and it's back to extreme suckage again.

this year is worse than the early Texans back in 2002.

There have been worse teams in NFL history, but this team is by far the most disappointing and underachieving in NFL history. It's not even close.

The 2013 Texans are the equivalent of selecting Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell in the draft -- full of hype and promise and turning out to be one of the worst busts in history.

Lakers.jpg

Because we were already talking about that game watching the scoreboard because Washington is in the race for worst record in the NFL.

St. Louis has Washington's pick by way of the RGIII trade in 2012. The Rams could still wind up with the top pick if Houston somehow manages to win one of its last two games. If the Texans and Redskins wind up with the same record at season's end, Washington would win out for the top pick based on strength of schedule, which would belong to the Rams.

This team cant even tank correctly.

Didn't you already post that?

Yes, I did.

Quit making stupid posts.

No. I want this thread to go to 14 pages.

You're an ass.

Takes one to know one.

:thinking:

Thorn is a newbie, Thorn. Take it easy until we decide he's a jerk for sure. :kitten:

All I've got are 6 pages on this thread, but I have the setting all the way out, so.....

That would mean we would have to beat the Titans there next week. That's setting the bar a little high for this team, don't ya think?

Don't put it past the Texans to put the final piece of suffering on its fan base by winning its way out of the #1 pick. That's how "cursed franchises" roll.

Yes I do...but I think this beats anything the Oilers did...at least they made the playoffs seven years in a row...didn't do anything with it, but at least they were there...the Texans give hope for two years, and it's back to extreme suckage again.

i wasnt here for the oilers years, but i would imagine the disappointment experienced by those fans are far worse than anything the texans fans have endured to date.

i know for sure i wouldnt be able to withstand that meltdown up in buffalo without at least shooting my shotgun at the ceiling.

i wasnt here for the oilers years, but i would imagine the disappointment experienced by those fans are far worse than anything the texans fans have endured to date.

i know for sure i wouldnt be able to withstand that meltdown up in buffalo without at least shooting my shotgun at the ceiling.
No single game in Houston's NFL history was worse than coughing up that 35-3 lead to the Bills. But for sustained agony over the course of an entire season relative to expectations, this is the worst ever. By far. These guys make the Astros look like contenders.

There was a record set for tv sales in the Houston area the following week

For a while there it seemed like we were going to clinch 1st overall pick. We can still finish with a record equal to the Redskins. Who would get 1st pick in that case?

I was here and it sucked. I have never loved a football team like the Oilers and they never failed to disappoint after the Luv Ya Blue era.

Well...glad I only watched a little bit of this dumpster fire.

Yeah same here....I was in and out messing with my new phone and tablets. Looking at how few responses there were to this thread than normal, most people must have skipped it.

Yeah same here....I was in and out messing with my new phone and tablets. Looking at how few responses there were to this thread than normal, most people must have skipped it.

It's amazing how much less I cared today. Matt Schaub's interceptions are just comical at this point.

I was here and it sucked. I have never loved a football team like the Oilers and they never failed to disappoint after the Luv Ya Blue era.

True...I've never been as invested in a team like I was in the '87-'93 Oilers...they never got to an AFC Championship Game, but at least they made the playoffs. If we had a quarterback with the talent of Warren Moon in 2011-2012, I think we might have won it all.

True...I've never been as invested in a team like I was in the '87-'93 Oilers...they never got to an AFC Championship Game, but at least they made the playoffs. If we had a quarterback with the talent of Warren Moon in 2011-2012, I think we might have won it all.
Warren Moon stunk. He was too slow thinking to read the coverage and could only avoid picks by throwing 2-3 yard passes or bullets that often bounced off the receivers' hands. He was helpless under a hard rush.

Warren Moon stunk. He was too slow thinking to read the coverage and could only avoid picks by throwing 2-3 yard passes or bullets that often bounced off the receivers' hands. He was helpless under a hard rush.

yeah that's why he only threw for 50 miles :sarcasm:

Back